Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Ajzionts/status/1724123251939406007?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
If anything I would be very surprised if there are significant senior personnel or intel anywhere in Gaza City at this point. Hamas has had weeks to move anything too tempting for the IDF. They obviously still have mid-level commanders/bunkers/supplies etc but there is no reason for the leadership to stay in Gaza city. The IDF is just throwing tremendous resources at a hospital that was mostly already out of commission.

Hamas is clearly doing damage, but they are primarily fighting the battle they want to fight. They obviously usually use hit and run attacks and ambushes to do their damage, and the IDF doesn't really seem to be able to figure it out. The IDF is slowly taking some urban territory, but it isn't clear they are securing their flanks, and their progress has become more glacial.

Hamas doesn't need to hold Gaza city to win, they need the IDF to shatter trying to take it.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Ardennes posted:

If anything I would be very surprised if there are significant senior personnel or intel anywhere in Gaza City at this point. Hamas has had weeks to move anything too tempting for the IDF. They obviously still have mid-level commanders/bunkers/supplies etc but there is no reason for the leadership to stay in Gaza city. The IDF is just throwing tremendous resources at a hospital that was mostly already out of commission.

Hamas is clearly doing damage, but they are primarily fighting the battle they want to fight. They obviously usually use hit and run attacks and ambushes to do their damage, and the IDF doesn't really seem to be able to figure it out. The IDF is slowly taking some urban territory, but it isn't clear they are securing their flanks, and their progress has become more glacial.

Hamas doesn't need to hold Gaza city to win, they need the IDF to shatter trying to take it.

Kind of like how guerrillas always have the home team advantage

seems like IDF don't really know this territory that they're supposedly granted by their slave-owning-allowing blood magic god.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Sean has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Nov 14, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Israel would never have lost all those tanks if they had just invested in large human piloted Japanese robots. Maybe that can be the next mic grift.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

The Sean posted:

seems like IDF don't really know this territory that they're supposedly granted by their slave-allowing blood magic god.

wat

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Ardennes posted:

The IDF is slowly taking some urban territory, but it isn't clear they are securing their flanks, and their progress has become more glacial.

i'm no sun tzu but when i saw the map of israel trying to encircle gaza city my first thought was that it seems really easy to get cut off when you put the enemy on two sides and the sea behind you

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

God "gave" them this territory but they don't know their way around?

Their only recourse is to attack hospitals.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

alarumklok posted:

right next to all the beheaded babies, right? gently caress this piece of poo poo

It makes zero difference whether or not Hamas was operating in/under the hospital imo. It’s equally vile either way

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

those npr reporters better watch out for swordmissiles if they're going to pal around with hamas like that

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

The Sean posted:

God "gave" them this territory but they don't know their way around?

Their only recourse is to attack hospitals.

Now I'm reminded of the story of the British soldier that had information that allowed them to flank the enemy because he remembered a small passage that was described in the bible

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

biden expressed his concerns to netenyahu about protecting civilian populations while handing over a blank check with "for war crimes" written on the note line

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Kunabomber posted:

Now I'm reminded of the story of the British soldier that had information that allowed them to flank the enemy because he remembered a small passage that was described in the bible

Lol I had to look this up

"During WWI, a group of British troops arriving in Palestine (today, the nation of Israel) purchased Bibles; not necessarily for purposes of prayer. Instead, they were used to study the geography. The soldiers saw them as great geographical resources to maneuver about the land. This would prove to be very beneficial to success in battle and a WWI victory using the Bible."

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Regardless, tomorrow on NPR:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Bouillon Rube posted:

It makes zero difference whether or not Hamas was operating in/under the hospital imo. It’s equally vile either way

there is no hamas command center, just like there are no beheaded babies

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

alarumklok posted:

there is no hamas command center, just like there are no beheaded babies

But even if there was a hamas command center (which yeah no poo poo there wasn’t) it would still be pretty loving evil to bomb a hospital

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Eat poo poo you loving hitler wannabe

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Ardennes posted:

I, for one, am holding out for the Summer Offensive.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

if somebody told me I had to accept commands from an Israeli officer I’d just eat the court martial.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if somebody told me I had to accept commands from an Israeli officer I’d just eat the court martial.

i got kicked out once i'd be more than willing to be kicked out again

e:

Don't ask don't tell, i got blackout drunk one time and told one of my barracks mates i was bi

this was 20 years ago to be clear

aBagorn has issued a correction as of 01:32 on Nov 14, 2023

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

aBagorn posted:

i got kicked out once i'd be more than willing to be kicked out again

oh?

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.
https://twitter.com/HShaqrah/status/1724114997356232795

Someone in the comments claims this is a trophy intercept.

If so, why is the tank on fire afterwards?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Decoy technology. It sets the tank on fire so future missiles think it's already hit and look for another target

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

biceps crimes posted:

e: ignore me and my burger posting

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

The Sean posted:

seems like IDF don't really know this territory that they're supposedly granted by their slave-owning-allowing blood magic god.

Malcolm X - "The Ballot or the Bullet"

quote:

The white man can never win another war on the ground. His days of war – victory – his days of battleground victory are over. Can I prove it? Yes. Take all the action that's going on this Earth right now that he's involved in. Tell me where he's winning – nowhere. Why, some rice farmers, some rice farmers! Some rice-eaters ran him out of Korea, yes they ran him out of Korea. Rice-eaters, with nothing but gym shoes and a rifle and a bowl of rice, took him and his tanks and his napalm and all that other action he's supposed to have and ran him across the Yalu. Why? Because the day that he can win on the ground has passed.

Up in French Indochina, those little peasants, rice-growers, took on the might of the French army and ran all the Frenchmen, you remember Dien Bien Phu! The same thing happened in Algeria, in Africa. They didn't have anything but a rifle. The French had all these highly mechanized instruments of warfare. But they put some guerilla action on. And a white man can't fight a guerilla warfare. Guerilla action takes heart, take nerve, and he doesn't have that. [cheering] He's brave when he's got tanks. He's brave when he's got planes. He's brave when he's got bombs. He's brave when he's got a whole lot of company along with him. But you take that little man from Africa and Asia; turn him loose in the woods with a blade. A blade. [cheering] That's all he needs. All he needs is a blade. And when the sun comes down – goes down and it's dark, it's even-Stephen.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Keeper Garrett posted:

they claim everything is a trophy intercept. and they also claim everything is a Hamas ammo cool off

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

aBagorn posted:

Don't ask don't tell, i got blackout drunk one time and told one of my barracks mates i was bi

this was 20 years ago to be clear

lol owned

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
One would assume the trophy system working as intended wouldn't intercept inches from the tank

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Neurolimal posted:

One would assume the trophy system working as intended wouldn't intercept inches from the tank

if it was a trophy then the intercept would be occurring where the view is obscured by the building. however i dont think the trophy launch explosion would be in the right spot to set netting or something flammable on fire if it was placed on the side skirt. also if it was a trophy intercept wouldn't the other tank system's responded as well? my assumption would be they have to switch the system off when the tanks are operating 2 abreast

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

blessed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lmao

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Keeper Garrett posted:

I hadn't seen Trophy in operation before but this video has lots of jumpcuts showing it in what I'd call ideal testing situations for creating cool wank footage:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRJzcM5ETY4

That twitter video is pretty far away and low quality, I'd say that it definitely could be the trophy system successfully intercepting something.

edit: the fire on the tank could be successful damage to something of course, it could also be remnants of the trophy explosion meeting the RPG/whatever was actually shot at the tank, it could be a duffel bag of mein kampf books bungeed to the side of the tank catching fire.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Bouillon Rube posted:

Regardless, tomorrow on NPR:

Evil is everywhere
Evil is everything
Evil is everybody
Evil is still the king
Man o man
What I want you to see
Is that the big E's
Inside of you and me

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

From the Oder to the Rhine, gently caress all fascist swine!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Keeper Garrett posted:

Modern tank armor explodes outwards to counteract armor penetrators. Its hard to tell unless you keep the camera on long enough to see if the fire spreads

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

We're just supposed to buy that Hamas hides under priority targets like hospitals and mosques?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

Zerg Mans posted:

Modern tank armor explodes outwards to counteract armor penetrators. Its hard to tell unless you keep the camera on long enough to see if the fire spreads

yep, could be salvageable. all they have to do is repair a tank in the middle of gaza city

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

5 brave boys lost to the Greater Iranian Coterror Sphere. The time to invade Iran is now.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/pslnational/status/1724187120443519257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

yep, could be salvageable. all they have to do is repair a tank in the middle of gaza city

Well it's that or walk home.