Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

People exist that can train a helo out of its crash instinct? :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The day they stop crashing more into mountains than other planes will be the day I believe that

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Whoa Biden’s granddaughter’s secret service opened fire on someone who was breaking into their SUV. Sounds more like a DC crime issue than a Clancy plot. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/13/secret-service-agents-naomi-biden-gunshots

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoa Biden’s granddaughter’s secret service opened fire on someone who was breaking into their SUV. Sounds more like a DC crime issue than a Clancy plot. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/13/secret-service-agents-naomi-biden-gunshots
Top work, this: "One of the agents opened fire, but no one was struck, the Secret Service said in a statement."

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Wait so SS agents saw some people breaking into an unoccupied vehicle and they just opened fire on them???? WTF?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
There’s a good acronym for this.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

There’s a good acronym for this.

Wagenburg Doctrine

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I have a friend who flew attack helos before getting sent off to MBA school to do a procurement and when I asked if he wanted to go back up and misses it he said something to the effect of "No, I want to see my kids grow up". Wow can't fault that logic

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
D.C seems like a bad town to carjack people in. Just the number of bodyguards and security services and cameras...

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

D.C seems like a bad town to carjack people in. Just the number of bodyguards and security services and cameras...

Our rate of carjackings is over 800 for the year to date, more than double what it was in 2022. Violent crime is 40% higher than last year, including a 32% increase in murders.

DC ain’t doing so hot.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Wait so SS agents saw some people breaking into an unoccupied vehicle and they just opened fire on them???? WTF?

Would agree it would be too much if the SUV had been rear ended but if the agents see a group attacking the president’s granddaughter’s car fair assumption that it’s an assassination or kidnapping attempt and the guys are well armed so escalating is defensible. Like if someone sails too close to a nuclear sub in transit in puget sound & is ignoring warning shots, maybe their engine is jammed but sorry it’s a national security issue now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Our rate of carjackings is over 800 for the year to date, more than double what it was in 2022. Violent crime is 40% higher than last year, including a 32% increase in murders.

DC ain’t doing so hot.

Yeah people are getting jacked off like crazy in DC, it’s not just some hysterical right wing news problem.

As for DC being a bad town to do this in, the people doing it don’t have to worry as much about getting shot unless they really do happen to target a bodyguard

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah people are getting jacked off like crazy in DC, it’s not just some hysterical right wing news problem.

Phrasing.

Ironically, either reading of it can still be the right wing news panic of the day.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1723743653816836377?s=20

Yeah my guy, absolutely nothing would break. How the gently caress do people take someone like this seriously?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think that the last segment of SSNs is assigned more or less sequentially and that the last digit is therefore approaching random.

But I guarantee that Ramaswamy didn’t check that before making his hot take.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

fknlo posted:

Yeah my guy, absolutely nothing would break. How the gently caress do people take someone like this seriously?

I know it would be a less than ideal timeline but wondering how midterms would go for GOP after two years of every other social security payment being missed with no one answering the phone, multiple air crashes as controllers try to work 120 hour weeks, and bare store shelves along with export crops rotting in ports as customs tries to cope.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I know it would be a less than ideal timeline but wondering how midterms would go for GOP after two years of every other social security payment being missed with no one answering the phone, multiple air crashes as controllers try to work 120 hour weeks, and bare store shelves along with export crops rotting in ports as customs tries to cope.

"Look how lovely everything has gotten since the most perfect solutions ever were implemented on day 1. God drat deep state democrats sabotaging our wonderful president, they're just evil. What won't they do to be able to more efficiently kick puppies?"

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

fknlo posted:

Is this motherfucker literally suggesting to Thanos snap the Federal Government?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

fknlo posted:

I have to believe it's because the little voice in your head that immediately starts reasoning through poo poo once you think about it a little bit doesn't exist in these kinds of people.

Like his brain spat out something ridiculous like "lets down size the government randomly by 50%" after that any normalish person would then have the thought "That's probably stupid because......x,y,z", people like this guy don't get to the second part.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Love it.

https://www.cbo.gov/topics/employment-and-labor-markets/federal-personnel posted:

The federal government employs about 2¼ million military personnel (of whom about 1 million are reservists) and about 2¼ million civilian personnel (of whom nearly 60 percent work for the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security). CBO assesses the pay and benefits of the nation’s armed forces and civil servants as well as proposals to change the compensation of those workers.

Let's instantly make 1 million people unemployed. 1 million people. That won't affect anything, no way.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

quote:

Absolutely *nothing* will break as a result.

How can someone be this loving stupid and still walk and talk at the same time?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Why would they be mad, thats the goal and their base loves it.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Love it.

Let's instantly make 1 million people unemployed. 1 million people. That won't affect anything, no way.

We don't even have enough people to get things done as it is

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Why would they be mad, thats the goal and their base loves it.

I know many of them are unfixable but a substantial portion of their elderly base would look past ideology when power is shut off & debit cards don’t work at the grocery store.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

He doesn't really believe that that would be a good idea and isn't actually going to do it, but it sounds good to the idiots he wants to vote for him.

Admittedly though I don't know anything about this guy so I don't know if he's a true believer or a grifter. Maybe he is that stupid.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Somehow it never ceases to amaze me how determined conservatives are to completely wreck everything they can get their hands on.

These people are a blight on humanity, and there's way too many of these loving idiots.

It's exhausting how so much effort is spent just trying to interfere with the damage they cause, let alone actually doing anything substantial enough to address any of the mounting problems the world is facing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

How the gently caress are there so many reservists in gov employment when the number one reason to be a reservist is the cheap healthcare that you arnt eligible for as a gov employee?

Seriously I lost the main reason to be a navy reservist. Skating just ain’t as much fun anymore.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

How the gently caress are there so many reservists in gov employment when the number one reason to be a reservist is the cheap healthcare that you arnt eligible for as a gov employee?

Seriously I lost the main reason to be a navy reservist. Skating just ain’t as much fun anymore.

I was just chatting with a friend who I still a reservist but now a contractor about this very thing. He was saying it should be changed by FY26. I don't know his source on that but that's good to hear. I've been thinking about getting back into the reserve to finish out to a retirement

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

You can’t take tweets like these seriously, his objective is to raise funds, pose as the craziest Trumpiest non-trump in the primary and maybe get some sort of cabinet job, not to actually do any of this.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

pmchem posted:

You can’t take tweets like these seriously, his objective is to raise funds, pose as the craziest Trumpiest non-trump in the primary and maybe get some sort of cabinet job, not to actually do any of this.

I think it's a far safer reaction that when someone promises to do crazy poo poo that you take them at their word.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I think it's a far safer reaction that when someone promises to do crazy poo poo that you take them at their word.
This. "He's just bluffing" led to an insurrection.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Top work, this: "One of the agents opened fire, but no one was struck, the Secret Service said in a statement."

They were following papa joe's advice to fire into the air to scare attackers off.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Crab Dad posted:

We have an AF reservist who hired in the year before I did (2015) and has worked there four less years than I have. She loves to volunteer for any activation they get.

And she's guaranteed a job when she comes back.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Cool Dad posted:

He doesn't really believe that that would be a good idea and isn't actually going to do it, but it sounds good to the idiots he wants to vote for him.

Admittedly though I don't know anything about this guy so I don't know if he's a true believer or a grifter. Maybe he is that stupid.

Poes Law

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
His name rhymes with cake and made the whitest rap possible about it.

It's entirely possible he's that stupid.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Godholio posted:

How can someone be this loving stupid and still walk and talk at the same time?

Hey I remember this one, people were saying this in 2015, then the stupid guy won.

Edit: my point being we should absolutely take this maniac seriously as a threat to life and liberty.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Cool Dad posted:

That shouldn't make any difference. If he's making it a policy proposal, every reporter who interviews him should be asking "how can you be this loving stupid and still quality as a sentient organism? Does your staff dress you in the morning? If it rains are you in danger of drowning from looking up at the sky water?"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

That shouldn't make any difference. If he's making it a policy proposal, every reporter who interviews him should be asking "how can you be this loving stupid and still quality as a sentient organism? Does your staff dress you in the morning? If it rains are you in danger of drowning from looking up at the sky water?"

nobody cares about that boring nerd poo poo this is a feelings game

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

He’ll probably be Sec Labor eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wonder what the last digit of his SSN is.