Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dead Goon posted:

I see my useless oval office of an MP, Barclay has gone to environment; who's health now?

As per previous posts in the thread: it's Victoria Atkins, who is the wife of the chairman of British Sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cant wait to reap the many healthful benefits of sugar

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Danny Dyer iirc

Its a toss up between that and the "can't believe it's been XX years since them slags blew up the twin towers" tweet for top dyerlogue

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bessantj posted:

Just seen the video and at one point Morgan says "This country says they are a terror group. Should they stay in power?"

Amazing arrogance that we in the U.K. should tell the Palestinian people who they should elect.

Well England had always had very strong views about other countries electing people who they consider terrorists.

(Spectre of a Sinn Fien government pops into view.)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Danny Dyer iirc

Sitting next to an increasingly bemused Corbyn.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

The Question IRL posted:

Well England had always had very strong views about other countries electing people who they consider terrorists.

Violence is only acceptable when we do it, you see, we're like the kid who goes round the playground punching everyone and then says "you're not allowed to hit me back"

Tesseraction posted:

Jam / Donut

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Question IRL posted:

Remember when terrorism was good and British (well they didn't want to be British...)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

An inconvenient truth: bullet & ballot box. :stonklol:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
To be fair I'm perfectly happy with western intervention when countries elect Actual Hitlers

I think it should be approached on a case-by-case basis

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Actual Hitlers sounds like Ken Livingstone's History Channel series.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

Guavanaut posted:

Actual Hitlers sounds like Ken Livingstone's History Channel series.

How many days has it been now? Think it's high time...

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Microplastics posted:

To be fair I'm perfectly happy with western intervention when countries elect Actual Hitlers

I have a bridge to sell you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Microplastics posted:

Free clue: Western countries don't intervene when Actual Hitlers are elected.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
What's the line that your average right wing populist needs to cross to become an actual hitler?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"Is Franco a Hitler?" longest thread in the history of Europe, closed by a moderator after 36 years of debate

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
After it turned into a circular "if a car on a frictionless treadmill has a bomb under it, does it become an airplane?" argument.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just went for a CT scan (clap 4 are boyz in da NHS) and as soon as the dye went in and I felt like I had just pissed myself several times over it made me think being a senior sensible politician must feel like that.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jedit posted:

Unless the person deemed to be an Actual Hitler is a Slightly Leftist

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

josh04 posted:

"Is Franco a Hitler?" longest thread in the history of Europe, closed by a moderator after 36 years of debate
Francisco and the Actual Hitlers would be a pretty good band name.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Guavanaut posted:

After it turned into a circular "if a car on a frictionless treadmill has a bomb under it, does it become an airplane?" argument.

But is a hotdog a sandwich?

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Jedit posted:

Book rec that's relevant for our times: recently I've been enjoying White Malice by Susan Williams, which is largely about how the Belgians, USA and UK were all plotting to kill Patrice Lumumba, the first elected prime minister of the Congo, for the crimes of 'well, what if he decides to become a Communist?"

It's got the CIA MKUltra chief Sidney Gottlieb flying over with tubes of poisoned toothpaste, it's got the UN Secretary-General dying in a mysterious plane crash, and it's very much a good read on the chaotic and self-serving whisper-chains that can lead to 'Western intervention.'

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Your own Actual Hitler
Someone to hear your heil
Someone who’s vile

Your own Actual Hitler
Someone to hear your heil
Someone gentile

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Tesseraction posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W77154J0-w

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cookie Cutter posted:

I have a bridge to sell you.
What's the difference between being dumb enough to buy a bridge, and being dumb enough to give a bunch of money to consultation firms to tell you whether or not a bridge to Ireland could be built?

Answers on a fridge.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

That isn't true, sometimes they are elected as a direct result of western intervention.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What's the difference between being dumb enough to buy a bridge, and being dumb enough to give a bunch of money to consultation firms to tell you whether or not a bridge to Ireland could be built?

Answers on a fridge.
In the latter case it's not your money and then you get to keep a percentage of it as your money.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Another dipshit prick Cabinet minister in the Dáil makes a good point: heartbreaking.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1724431950075629745?t=MXPZSOy_HnKVLThahoF2Xg&s=19

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Ok I think I've solved it.

When an Actual Hitler is elected, the likelihood of Western intervention is directly proportionate to the Actual Hitler's opinion of Actual Actual Hitler (Josef Stalin)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
When Real Actual Hitler was elected the British ruling class was mostly on board and didn't do anything about it for another six years.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Keep Calm Hitler and Carry On

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Aipsh posted:

Just went for a CT scan (clap 4 are boyz in da NHS) and as soon as the dye went in and I felt like I had just pissed myself several times over it made me think being a senior sensible politician must feel like that.

hope it comes back well.

when i went in a few years ago for one the nurse explained a couple of times: “you’re going to feel like you peed yourself. you did not. i promise you did not. but you will think you did.”

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Keep Calm Hitler and Carry On

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The nurses didn't mention anything about (not)pissing myself when I had a CT scan a few years back, but as soon as it finished, and I sat up on the table, I threw up and only some of it went in the cardboard bowl.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Mine just felt like a warm duvet had been pulled over me, no piss. But when they took the cannula out I leaked blood everywhere.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I found the CT scan quite pleasant. Chill out in the big donut with the warm goop.

Almost as good as the time they gave me a big syringe of morphine as a teenager.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MRI scans need more coloured flashing lights to properly reproduce the clubbing experience though. But I liked the electronica they play.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wait a second... this isn't a MRI machine... it's Berghain!!!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I did fall asleep in the MRI and yes it does sound like techno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤

Runcible Cat posted:

MRI scans need more coloured flashing lights to properly reproduce the clubbing experience though. But I liked the electronica they play.

We tried that but people couldn't keep still