Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

YerDa Zabam posted:

I asked here a while back about fee to play weekends, well there is one coming up towards the end of the month.
I can't tell you the exact dates as their website locks up my phone. A sign of things to come no doubt.

If anything interesting happens then I'll post, but I fear it'll just be boring broken poo poo

It will, I tried it out in 2019, and again in 2021, and I knew going in that the 2021 episode was just going to be a mistake.

The uninstaller still doesn't work properly, so install everything to a custom folder (so you know where it is) and then after the "uninstall" delete the whole folder yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s been 3 years since I last visited the wankpod. I might jump back in and inspect progress.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Mellow_ posted:

lol they really do look like the stereotypes

I know it isn’t but. Is that Ben in the top right of the photo ?

It can’t be though they wouldn’t make him sit with the poors surely

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

YerDa Zabam posted:

fee to play weekends

don't give them any ideas

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Thoatse posted:

lmao at the dude :yarg:ing

I'm laughing so hard I'm in physical pain

I understand how people can die laughing

Last time I laughed this hard was seeing Crobear in a Star Citizen mosaic at an earlier con

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 13, 2023

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

YerDa Zabam posted:

I asked here a while back about fee to play weekends, well there is one coming up towards the end of the month.

This game is always fee to pay, though?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://packaged-media.redd.it/q2f8...6b065b16833#t=0

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm laughing so hard I'm in physical pain

I understand how people can die laughing

Last time I laughed this hard was seeing Crobear in a Star Citizen mosaic at an earlier con

I had one of these type of laughing fits the other day watching that 'how to scam cults 101' vid that used Star Citizen as an example and even had a section about Derek Smort

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

JackSplater posted:

This game is always fee to pay, though?

dieselfruit posted:

don't give them any ideas
Haha, Freudian slip there, gonna leave it in, heh

NumptyScrub posted:

It will, I tried it out in 2019, and again in 2021, and I knew going in that the 2021 episode was just going to be a mistake.

The uninstaller still doesn't work properly, so install everything to a custom folder (so you know where it is) and then after the "uninstall" delete the whole folder yourself.
I remember this being an issue so have already made mental note to make a system restore and full image of my system before installing it. Christ what a reputation to have eh, real classy stuff inside and out

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Poop gameplay was not a joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsTRIFL2dE

reapsy
Feb 12, 2019
Fidelitous

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

reapsy posted:

Fidelitous

These are real aren’t they.

Why not add a branded RSI gaming chair to go with your hoodie hat t shirt mug mousepad hotas and webcam (webcam and hotas are stuck on the pipeline sorry)

reapsy
Feb 12, 2019
Monster Tech are making them, so prob close to $1000 as croberts will be getting a cut.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
How on Earth are there still companies making brand deals with CIG?

Actually it's probably a smart move, Citizens seem to love buying ship manufacturer swag. A chair is probably pretty straightforward to change the stitching on.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Plop!

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Sorry Star Citizen, but someone already beat you to it: https://youtu.be/W2Aq-gm3An0?si=VTDr9l9q8H7Is3cK

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

ponzicar posted:

Sorry Star Citizen, but someone already beat you to it: https://youtu.be/W2Aq-gm3An0?si=VTDr9l9q8H7Is3cK

I've never played it, but it always amused me that every trailer for Ark is perfect muscled he-men riding dinosaurs and every actual gameplay video for Ark is misshapen abominations pooping themselves

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

lobsterminator posted:

I expect there will be a simulation of macro and micro nutrients. Your energy levels and vitamins (CR knows them well) will be accurately modeled and you can get space scurvy if you don't get enough vitamin C.

I knew Spider-Man 2 was missing something but just couldn't put my finger on it

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

YerDa Zabam posted:

I remember this being an issue so have already made mental note to make a system restore and full image of my system before installing it. Christ what a reputation to have eh, real classy stuff inside and out

Honestly, don't bother even putting yourself through it - I don't want to sound like a killjoy but there's nothing fun or amusing about the game once you're actually in it. It's just bland and yet somehow irritating at the same time, like out-of-date eyewash or something.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Don't listen to that, do it for our entertainment

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

reapsy posted:

Fidelitous

wtf is this nonsense.

lol

Christ, this shitheap keeps burning brighter by the minute.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

did that weird face tracking camera ever ship

reapsy
Feb 12, 2019

Colostomy Bag posted:

wtf is this nonsense.

lol

Christ, this shitheap keeps burning brighter by the minute.

That's nothing :)

I do however a similar setup but its for FS2020 and Digital Combat Simulator but those are like, err, finished games.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

reapsy posted:

I do however a similar setup but its for FS2020 and Digital Combat Simulator but those are like, err, finished games.

i'm the graphs and charts displaying probably HDD spin cycles and CPU temp's to make it appears as if the 'game' has more going on that it really does on that one screen

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

reapsy posted:

I mean, hate the game but not that setup. I would 100% want that even if I was just playing Star Wars Squadrons.

Instead, lol at that dude if all he plays is SC.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is there a dedicated screen for argon levels?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

resistentialism posted:

Not a single star citizen branded anything has ever shipped. Those chairs could be the exception as they are chairs.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

would only want that if the chair shakes and feedbacks and what not.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

abelwingnut posted:

would only want that if the chair shakes and feedbacks and what not.

But toilet gameplay isn't even in yet?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Blue On Blue posted:

i'm the graphs and charts displaying probably HDD spin cycles and CPU temp's to make it appears as if the 'game' has more going on that it really does on that one screen

Well the left screen is definitely some media player with a track list and 00’s UI. The mixer at the top is weird though. Maybe they homebrewed a 5.1 levels UI element in Foobar 2000.

Honestly that’s probably something I would have done, given a surplus of monitors and the space for it all

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR
It’s just Spotify and the Elgato mixer.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

oh lmao, you're right. Haven't tried Elgato stuff

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I'm guessing half of that is for streaming crap. Two cameras because what kind of a ghetto streamer can't dramatically switch angles. Right display looks like he's monitoring his stream, which also might account for the metrics. Left is a software mixer and tunes because that seems to be what everyone does now. Far left is what looks like some sort of horizontally-mounted equalizer or something? Gotta have two stream decks as well, because you need access to more sound effects than a bad radio dj. I don't know wtf is on the bottom monitors but the right one appears to be handling the flux capacitor and possibly argon levels. There's also a folded-back normal throttle in addition to twin sticks and also a very inconveniently mounted box that appears to contain a random assortment of flight sim controls.

The center monitor is still the most useless, as it does not contain a game.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

reapsy posted:

Mouse and keyboard in any way within the game of the Star Citizen is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching a wireless mouse will be subjected to a youtubectomy, or if the offender was a console gamer, they would then have razors inserted under their fingernails. They would sometimes pump Baja Blast into the stomach until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their rig in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
And they make you power your rig with the worst kind of electricity, too.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Apollodorus posted:

And they make you power your rig with the worst kind of electricity, too.

puppy tears run hydropower?

You'd need so many crying puppies to run that. :(

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I appreciate a good sim setup as much as the next redditor

But it just sickens me that this was probably made exclusively for SC

What a waste of potential simming !

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

resistentialism posted:

The one that had the super-powered ability to see in complete darkness without the use of a ring light? It went as far as the company that was supposed to make it having a fairly hidden page about it on their website and then it never went past that.
It's been so memory-holed that I'm having difficulty even finding articles about it. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Faceware but like I've ended up just having this tiny image

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16085-Faceware-Technologies-Announcement

The FacewareTech page about it was deleted by April 2019. Behold the last time it existed.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190327174851/http://facewaretech.com/motionsensor/

I remember how laughable that dark room comparison was. Absurd levels of bullshit.

Anyway, the basic answer is no. Same as literally every single other one of their hardware partnerships.

Fidelitious fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 14, 2023

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Popete posted:

How on Earth are there still companies making brand deals with CIG?

Actually it's probably a smart move, Citizens seem to love buying ship manufacturer swag. A chair is probably pretty straightforward to change the stitching on.

"Hey, Gaming Peripheral Company, we want you to make something with our brand. Our game has raised hundreds of millions of dollars and it isn't even out yet. Imagine how popular it'll be when it actually releases*."

*Game will not actually release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fidelitious posted:

The one that had the super-powered ability to see in complete darkness without the use of a ring light? It went as far as the company that was supposed to make it having a fairly hidden page about it on their website and then it never went past that.
It's been so memory-holed that I'm having difficulty even finding articles about it. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Faceware but like I've ended up just having this tiny image

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16085-Faceware-Technologies-Announcement

The FacewareTech page about it was deleted by April 2019. Behold the last time it existed.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190327174851/http://facewaretech.com/motionsensor/

I remember how laughable that dark room comparison was. Absurd levels of bullshit.

Anyway, the basic answer is no. Same as literally every single other one of their hardware partnerships.

This gadget did however give us the lengthy and tremendous gurning sequence in Old Miles 3 Jackets bar at the beginning of the legendary exploding ramp demo