Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My name

is Kizarny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My memory is that he was a legitimate carny and pre WWE he used to do stuff like have people throw darts into his chest or eat fire. So WWE just applied the same gimmick only way more cartoonish.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At the time I thought Kizarny and Frankie Kazarian were the same person.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The main thing to remember about Kizarny is that WWE teased his arrival endlessly. It would have already been difficult to do his prolonged introduction justice even if his gimmick wasn't dumb as gently caress. And iIrc his first match was against someone who shouldn't lose, so he was ran into a roadblock right away. I think Gavok wrote about him in another thread so it stuck in my mind.

I don't think Jade will suffer exactly the same fate. I couldn't even say what her gimmick is so it might not be dumb as gently caress. But her debut is already drawn out to a puzzling degree and there are no right choices left for what she should do in her first match.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What if they call her Jizarny?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

The main thing to remember about Kizarny is that WWE teased his arrival endlessly. It would have already been difficult to do his prolonged introduction justice even if his gimmick wasn't dumb as gently caress. And iIrc his first match was against someone who shouldn't lose, so he was ran into a roadblock right away. I think Gavok wrote about him in another thread so it stuck in my mind.

I don't think Jade will suffer exactly the same fate. I couldn't even say what her gimmick is so it might not be dumb as gently caress. But her debut is already drawn out to a puzzling degree and there are no right choices left for what she should do in her first match.

Kizarny's debut TV match, which was also the only singles match he had on TV with the only other one being a battle royale, was against MVP when MVP was in the middle of a losing streak gimmick

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Kizarny's vignettes started airing shortly after I started watching and this was back when I was mad hype for pretty much any debut so I was really looking forward to him. But yeah the vignettes lasted forever, played every week, and when he finally debuted his entrance music was just the background noise from the vignettes and his finisher sucked. But my bigger memories was this one girl on the first wrestling forum I posted on, TheWrestlingFan, who really, really liked him as Sinn Bodhi in FCW and would constantly gas him up and was devastated when he was released.

His CHIKARA run was okay, though he did get heat for making a poorly-timed comment about bipolar disorder. It's also funny that he's the secret Other Childhood Friend that Edge & Christian had and that his nickname was Fatty.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

he’s the secret Other Childhood Friend that Edge & Christian had and that his nickname was Fatty.

learnt some lizore just now

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Trying posted:

learnt some lizore just now

The one useful thing Jade Cargill has done since she signed with WWE.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Frizankie Kizarnynian the Elizeatle Hizunter

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I was listening to a podcast and the host mentioned TJ Perkins, and I realized that's a name I haven't heard in years. Whatever happened to him?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I was listening to a podcast and the host mentioned TJ Perkins, and I realized that's a name I haven't heard in years. Whatever happened to him?

He's in New Japan as part of the United Empire stable now.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Currently in NJPW as part of the United Empire. I think he's one of the Jr tag champs.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I did too.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

I think her gimmick is "I don't have to wrestle because my checks (that I don't actually need because I'm already independently wealthy) are big and get cashed every payday", which means it's already the best gimmick ever for some of the goons around here :v:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Grendels Dad posted:

There's not enough Kizarny content for me to do an effortpost, unfortunately.

This talk about drawn out debuts reminds me that every Wrestlecrap induction now ends with a graphic that Veer is Coming, which is a pretty great gag.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't they both date Traci Brooks from TNA?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gavok posted:

There's not enough Kizarny content for me to do an effortpost, unfortunately.

Maybe it wasn't you but it was definitely not its own effortpost, it probably was an aside in a post about MVP and Kennedy. I'll check when I have the time.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Lamuella posted:

Being repackaged as Jadealina

Emeraldina

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mr. Dobalina, Mr. Bob Dobalina.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Okuteru posted:

Didn't they both date Traci Brooks from TNA?

Don't know about Kizarny but Kazarian is actually married to Traci. Believe his Best Men were Joe, AJ and Daniels.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think Kizarny is married to The Kat. I could have sworn I saw an ad for a shoot with both of them a million years ago and it stuck with me cause how much content could possibly be on there

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

weekly font posted:

I think Kizarny is married to The Kat. I could have sworn I saw an ad for a shoot with both of them a million years ago and it stuck with me cause how much content could possibly be on there

I actually looked her up the other day for a post in the questions thread and learned they were married in 2010 and divorced 2013 :eng101:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sandman McMahon posted:

I actually looked her up the other day for a post in the questions thread and learned they were married in 2010 and divorced 2013 :eng101:

Tizzil dizzeath do you pizzart means nothing anymore

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Marriage is such a shizzam

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sandman McMahon posted:

Sounds like marriage is about to be leveled up

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Germansimp posted:

Believe his Best Men were Joe, AJ and Daniels.

DO YA?!?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sandman McMahon posted:

Then why doesn't the Rock try to avoid it at all costs?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/AJFrancis410/status/1724312743908418046?s=20

https://x.com/AJFrancis410/status/1724493309857432034?s=20

https://x.com/AJFrancis410/status/1724495028595147243?s=20

even with WWE’s dogshit booking I can’t believe Top Dolla here

bartok
May 10, 2006

If Top Dolla was ten years older and 50 pounds heavier he could be NWA World Champion.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bartok posted:

When Top Dolla is ten years older and 50 pounds heavier he will be NWA World Champion.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Top dolla vs micheal cole would really bring in the fans!!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I went to his Wikipedia page to see how long both of his stints with WWE lasted but this completely derailed me

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"My plan was to be mocked on commentary for weeks, then challenge the commentator to a match. Then, and this is the best part, he would end up beating me. I really think this would do a lot for my career."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This article about him driving for Uber is full of incredible quotes

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13038503/aj-francis-miami-dolphins-defensive-tackle-moonlights-uber-driver

quote:

"Everywhere Uber is, it thrives," he said. "The resistance comes from taxi drivers who don't want to get beat out, because they know they can't compete. Which is funny to me, because in no other aspect of American culture are you allowed to stifle capitalism."

quote:

No Uber rider has recognized the 6-foot-5, 330-pound Francis as a professional football player

quote:

"Just like I'm a world-class athlete, I'm a world-class driver," he said with a grin.

quote:

"I have a car, so I probably wouldn't," Wake said. "But I can't knock anybody's hustle. He's an interesting guy."

Coach Joe Philbin said he would recommend Francis to anyone in need of a ride.

"Definitely," Philbin said with a smile. "But I would suggest that they bring some earplugs along."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

drat, WWE really left money on the table not booking Top Dolla vs an announcer

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

drat, WWE really left money on the table not booking Top Dolla vs an announcer

Or a new gimmick where he's the next Sparkplug Bob Holly but an Uber driver

bartok
May 10, 2006

He really is Brodus Clay 2.0

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I don't think I'd recognize a journeyman DT who played 9 games total and started none either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Huh. I guess Top Dolla has me blocked. Guess I must have made a joke about his dumb flop over the ropes that one time or something.