Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
How do you even get gout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Scratch Monkey posted:

The finer things

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

That happened to me. I broke my foot in January and had to have it operated. And my surgeon also accidentally put a cheeto inside my foot.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Xpost

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Either you get unlucky with genes, you have a "bad" lifestyle, or both, and now you've got piss in your joints.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Scratch Monkey posted:

Looks like some kind of spreadable cheese

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
G'out!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Wee posted:

Looks like some kind of spreadable disease

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Too much chopped chicken liver I tell ya hwhat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

Funny thing about that picture: it doesn't have to even be anywhere near that bad to be can't-keep-foot-under-even-an-empty-duvet-cover-at-night-but-it-also-just-hurts-like-a-really-bad-toothache-all-the-time-anyway-lol painful. The picture is the stage where patients would start rummaging around for a hacksaw to cure themselves if only the air friction didn't hurt so badly you'd just pass out so you don't dare move.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Funny thing about that picture: it doesn't have to even be anywhere near that bad to be can't-keep-foot-under-even-an-empty-duvet-cover-at-night-but-it-also-just-hurts-like-a-really-bad-toothache-all-the-time-anyway-lol painful. The picture is the stage where patients would start rummaging around for a hacksaw to cure themselves if only the air friction didn't hurt so badly you'd just pass out so you don't dare move.

For a while I had an ingrown toenail that I was legitimately ready to take a pair of bolt cutters to cut off the toe because it would be less painful to deal with. After the first surgery failed to correct it for unknown reasons more than once I actually located my family's pair of bolt cutters just for these peace of mind to know where they were

The second procedure cleared it right up for good though!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Evilreaver posted:

For a while I had an ingrown toenail that I was legitimately ready to take a pair of bolt cutters to cut off the toe

Why not... just the nail?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why not... just the nail?

That was the first procedure they tried, they took the medical equivalent of a soldering iron to it

Wasn't a huge fan of the procedure nor the outcome

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Evilreaver posted:

That was the first procedure they tried, they took a soldering iron to it

Don't go to the 8-bit Guy for medical help.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The skeleton did not have gout

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Evilreaver posted:

For a while I had an ingrown toenail that I was legitimately ready to take a pair of bolt cutters to cut off the toe because it would be less painful to deal with. After the first surgery failed to correct it for unknown reasons more than once I actually located my family's pair of bolt cutters just for these peace of mind to know where they were

The second procedure cleared it right up for good though!
Growing up I assumed monthly big toe infections from getting sliced by the edges of my nails were a thing that just happened, like acne, so I didn't bother to tell anyone.

It stopped in my early teens but one of these days I should probably find out what kind of damage that did.

E: does painting a cursed image with words count as on topic?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 14, 2023

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Splicer posted:

Growing up I assumed monthly big toe infections from getting sliced by the edges of my nails were a thing that just happened, like acne, so I didn't bother to tell anyone.

It stopped in my early teens but one of these days I should probably find out what kind of damage that did.

E: does painting a cursed image with words count as on topic?

Hey I got those too, got to peel huge puss-y ???'s from under ol' big righty, felt good digging those bad boys out (or at least, relieving)

E: honestly my dad constantly threatening to call a toe truck was almost as bad

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/paronychia.html#:~:text=Paronychia%20(pahr%2Duh%2DNIK,can%20be%20treated%20at%20home.

I had one of those a few years back in my finger, and my wife was looking at it while I was trying to overcome the pain and pull the flesh on the side of my finger away from the nail and it popped and hit her in the face.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Mr. Bung posted:

How old are you lot getting gout? What's causing it? Some curse.

didnt piss enough :colbert:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The cursed images thread : its always about the piss.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Evilreaver posted:

Hey I got those too, got to peel huge puss-y ???'s from under ol' big righty, felt good digging those bad boys out (or at least, relieving)

E: honestly my dad constantly threatening to call a toe truck was almost as bad
Mine never "looked" infected, just red and hot to the touch, so poking them was a fun game of "infected or inflamed?" Infected was preferable because squeezing an inflamed toe just stabbed the corner of the nail even further into the skin, but squeezing an infected toe would briefly hurt twice as bad followed by a satisfying explosion of relief and yellow goop.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Cursed Mental Images Thread

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I was about to post like Jesus goons eat a loving orange but then I remembered that's scurvy not gout

But I bet there's at least one goon with scurvy right now

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Popeyes is a sometimes food ya'll.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

maybeadracula posted:

I was about to post like Jesus goons eat a loving orange but then I remembered that's scurvy not gout

Back in the 90s my buddies roomate at Berkeley came down with scurvy from eating only grilled chicken on white sauce pizza for every meal when he moved in to the dorms.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I did mushrooms with a friend once and he got an attack of gout from the high amount of uric acid or whatever in the mushrooms.

Speaking of which here's a kidney stone

Bet that was fun to pass.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

A penis haver heard that the vagina is self cleaning and said "bet"

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

maybeadracula posted:

No that probably would help too

Wikipedia article on gout posted:

Taking vitamin C and having a diet high in low-fat dairy products may be preventive.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Flakey posted:

I did mushrooms with a friend once and he got an attack of gout from the high amount of uric acid or whatever in the mushrooms.

spiked, for your pleasure

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Scratch Monkey posted:

If I'm not mistaken, drinking too much pop can trigger it

Is there swelling in this patient's ankle too?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Flakey posted:

Don't let Tuco see that.

Kleptocracy
Feb 18, 2011

FABRICATI DIEM PVNC

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Scratch Monkey posted:

There's common causes but it changes per person. I got a gout flare up from eating an apple a day.

I found some nice apples at a local grocer and had one a day for a week and then couldn't walk for two more.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
That's what you get for not scooping the box

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Mr. Bung posted:

How old are you lot getting gout? What's causing it? Some curse.

Young enough that my doctors were initially very skeptical that it was gout. As far as I know it’s genetic and triggered by diet. I exercise and eat really well, but fish sauce, shrimp and beef are big triggers apparently, and I’ve been really into cooking Korean food in 2023.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok so no shrimp and beef and fish sauce and apples and exercise, got it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lt. Cock posted:

Young enough that my doctors were initially very skeptical that it was gout. As far as I know it’s genetic and triggered by diet. I exercise and eat really well, but fish sauce, shrimp and beef are big triggers apparently, and I’ve been really into cooking Korean food in 2023.

Look, you deserve everything you get if you let a goddamn shrimp into your home and let him fry your rice.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Karate Bastard posted:

Ok so no shrimp and beef and fish sauce sand apples, got it.

Yeah stay away from fish sauce sand apples. They're not good for your enamel either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Like that time I got the robs. Not good for the enamel either let me tell you.