Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/sama/status/1722766374588830101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it's probably custom because they wanted it to look cool on their septagon hubcap, no other reason

actually lol i forgot it's got that poo poo lol it's that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

And that statement is “We know it sucks.”

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1724296370029212052?t=-zPfgXb1NtFNL6EkTe1Lrg&s=19

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
wow the video compression on your platform is doing an amazing job on your lovely aftereffects sizzle reels sir

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

sounds like a killer dating app

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

webcams for christ posted:

A dating app that's 95% unfuckable bozos and the chat bots trying to steal their CC info already exists in Tinder

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
even he does not believe it. "thats the goal" is what i tell my boss whenever i know we definitely will not be meeting the goal

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

thathonkey posted:

even he does not believe it. "thats the goal" is what i tell my boss whenever i know we definitely will not be meeting the goal

The goal he most seems to be in is turning X into a social media pay-pal/finance app thing. Which Hahahahah, the fact he tweeted about being confused why goverment all had a bunch of regulations around finances stuff is a good indication there's no way that's happening any time soon.

Even by the almost non existent bit coin exchange standards anything he could get running on X would be sketchy as gently caress.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

how do you change tires if the cybertruck gets a flat

You don't need all 4 tires to drive a Tesla vehicle

https://twitter.com/Teslaconomics/status/1638921304123518976?s=20

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

They are gonna gently caress the truck.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

computer show me 'dialing into aol 3.0 and downloading a .rm from keyword:MTVAmp'

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I will not defend elon but "you can't resell our new car for a bit" is a clause that's pretty common, but usually for actually cool supercars. I know Ford did that with the GT40 mk2 and the dumb electric mustang and I think Ferrari does it too

Instead, lmao at Tesla thinking they have the same pull as any of those companies that do this poo poo

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Spaced God posted:

I will not defend elon but "you can't resell our new car for a bit" is a clause that's pretty common, but usually for actually cool supercars. I know Ford did that with the GT40 mk2 and the dumb electric mustang and I think Ferrari does it too

Instead, lmao at Tesla thinking they have the same pull as any of those companies that do this poo poo

Carmakers do that so they can capture the entire audience who's interested in that limited-run car. If they're only going to run the production for a year they don't want resellers capturing some of the potential sales they could have gotten over that period.

The Cybertruck is (presumably) not a limited run vehicle, and its initial deliveries won't be incredibly numerous, as is always the case with a new line from Tesla. So it's not like this could even be a trick to try and squeak in some extra revenue for their first quarter it's available. I'm sure they'll sell out no matter what initially.

All this really does is lower the value to the consumer by limiting their alienation rights to the asset.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

webcams for christ posted:

yes, literally

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The ban from reselling is bizarre nobody's going to be able to offload those things anyway.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I will simply sell the cybertruck for the price of the vehicle plus double the penalty fee

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I will simply not purchase the cybertruck

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Groovelord Neato posted:

The ban from reselling is bizarre nobody's going to be able to offload those things anyway.

tesla lunatics will absolutely line up for miles to get a chance at owning this piece of poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if i had all the money i'd buy a cybertruck. it's a juicero level boondoggle that would be fun to see and take apart in person. if you like what you see on my channel, like and subscribe

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

will it blend cybertruck edition

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

a work of art with that flosser litter

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

my cybertruck is a very practical purchase, i can haul half a bike with this bad boy.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a mountain bike fits entirely in the back of my sedan

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Car for clowns can’t fit in many clowns.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

i can fit a bed but only a racecar bed

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
has anyone tested the boat clause yet

https://i.imgur.com/ZrIZIUV.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
and dont worry, theres no actual video of it pulling a boat

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Behold, the future of transportation.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

moist turtleneck posted:

and dont worry, theres no actual video of it pulling a boat

I thought the Cybertruk could briefly act as a boat? Why do I need to tow such ancient tech?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yes im mad

https://i.imgur.com/gGWd21I.gifv

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I'm pretty sure I could fit that bike in the back of my subcompact hatchback no problem if I dropped the back seats

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i want there to be comparison tests between the cyber truck and like, a ford maverick

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Nixon muttering

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Mrs. Dash posted:

I'm pretty sure I could fit that bike in the back of my subcompact hatchback no problem if I dropped the back seats

but can your hatchback tow infinite mass?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Find your boat

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!
so were the guys in the old jeep there with the tesla crew or did they show up just to dunk on it, either way,l cybertruck still looks great
https://twitter.com/TheWapplehouse/status/1723333417918447918?t=Bo-1xnrscrmi7sKvvDw8cQ&s=19

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I have a small suv and my 29er mt bike fits no problem in the back with the seats down. It didn’t cost $100k either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Giugiaro told NPR over email.

"When you step outside the norms, it's almost always seen as a provocation," Giugiaro said. "It happens in all fields, from furniture to cooking, etc. Everyone wants to distinguish themselves; it's a market necessity, and the Cybertruck will surely be successful, I'm sure of it. I'm convinced it will find its admirers."

wrap it up NPCailures