Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bugsy posted:

A real truck for real people doing real things.

...not even diagonally? What the gently caress lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
i'd be legitimately curious about just how large the cargo bed is because honestly my elantra sedan might actually have a larger trunk than that

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
as if you could design a worse "truck" than the ridgeline

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Isn’t “experimental” music just a word for an attempt at music that sucks/didn’t pan out? I don’t understand how people use it as a compliment

No

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Isn’t “experimental” music just a word for an attempt at music that sucks/didn’t pan out? I don’t understand how people use it as a compliment

Ok grandpa

Kale
May 14, 2010

mannerup posted:

Elon Musk once had a note put on one of his own posts (when he posted that picture of Iran surrounded by a bunch of US bases)

his defense was that it was just "a joke meme" with a grain of truth to it, and well it ends up that community note isn't there anymore

Victory wine etc

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I love getting corrected even though I posted a joke and it wasn’t serious and even though it wasn’t really true, the spirit of my post was actually extremely correct and the corrections missed the point completely

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Got a pitch meeting with Elon tomorrow, wish me luck!

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

yes, except for experimental industrial, which rules

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Prettz posted:

yes, except for experimental industrial, which rules

Have you even seen how many workers have died in accidents caused by robots attempting to construct music? You monster

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

S-Works. Bike's probably worth more than the "car".

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
My wifes Forester can fit 2 bikes with the seats laid flat, wtf

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I realize I am owning myself by admitting this but my Tesla Model S can fit an entire bike

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is that one of their e-bikes?

inputfailed
Nov 9, 2005

Nettle Soup posted:

S-Works. Bike's probably worth more than the "car".

Not with the giant frame-gash from rattling against the tailgate

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you can fit a bike into most compact sedans with less of it overhanging the trunk than that lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

The Ford Raptor can carry 2 bikes how about that Elon

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Waffle House posted:

...not even diagonally? What the gently caress lol

I like to poo poo on the cyber truck as much as anyone, but you guys do know that how mountain bikes are transported, right?

Usually there's a bib over the tailgate to prevent scratching, but that's a pretty normal setup.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Buying a truck to transport a kitten seems excessive but maybe you can make it up in bulk kitten transports.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Szechwan posted:

I like to poo poo on the cyber truck as much as anyone, but you guys do know that how mountain bikes are transported, right?

Usually there's a bib over the tailgate to prevent scratching, but that's a pretty normal setup.

Yes, but you can do the exact same thing with more bikes in a Ridgeline, which was the previous low bar for "lovely truck why bother". So, being worse than a ridgeline at a thing a ridgeline is demonstrably bad at, while also weighing 5000lbs, costing 100k, and not existing, seems like a relevant thing to point out.

Dunno, I saw it, and I thought it looked lame as gently caress, and also scuffing the bottom tube against the back gate is a combination of stupid and "this truck and this mountain bike are both props for somebody who will never ever do anything cool or even appropriate with either of them"

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 14, 2023

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Szechwan posted:

yea, thats how theyre transported if you have a 1/4 ton truck, a.k.a. a truck thats not really a truck, which is not what the cybertruck is being billed as. in a full size pick up, you can fit the whole bike in the bed!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Szechwan posted:

Yes, like this?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Why would you even need a bicycle if you have a Cybertruck??

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

you can annoy even more people?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
People who have ridgelines seem to like them for some reason I don’t get it either.

Although I was just in a parkade and some goof parked his f150 in a “small car” spot and overhang it by a good 4 feet, just making a mockery of parking norms!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
All those "trucks" look dumb, with the cybertrukk looking dumbest of all. Just get a normal sized car and a roof rack, you godless heathens.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

kazil posted:

Set it on autopilot ahead of you and be the owner of the bike lane

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

love how the media always chooses photos that show how much they like/hate their topics.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Slo-Tek posted:

Yes, but you can do the exact same thing with more bikes in a Ridgeline, which was the previous low bar for "lovely truck why bother". So, being worse than a ridgeline at a thing a ridgeline is demonstrably bad at, while also weighing 5000lbs, costing 100k, and not existing, seems like a relevant thing to point out.

Dunno, I saw it, and I thought it looked lame as gently caress, and also scuffing the bottom tube against the back gate is a combination of stupid and "this truck and this mountain bike are both props for somebody who will never ever do anything cool or even appropriate with either of them"

That's fine, I was responding to the goon suggesting the bike should be diagonal in the bed, as though the wheel was hanging over just because it didn't fit.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
it's just an ebike if you think about it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why does Grimes even need to serve the papers in person?

didnt Musk taunt an EU org and go "lol post it here." and they did and now suddenly musk is silent on EU matters? just post the papers on his website or DMs.

or ask Zuck or Google what their apps say is musk's current assassination coordinates are.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Just lmao at driving your bicycle around with a car/truck/whatever. I think you're doing it wrong.

Just ride the bicycle. The vehicle is an unnecessary and extremely wasteful step in the middle

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

if he cares about his reputation he should perhaps consider not being a person that everyone hates

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sir Tonk posted:

if he cares about his reputation he should perhaps consider not being a person that everyone hates

only about 10% of people hate him (in between the fights)

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
No let's triple down instead

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

priznat posted:

People who have ridgelines seem to like them for some reason I don’t get it either.

Although I was just in a parkade and some goof parked his f150 in a “small car” spot and overhang it by a good 4 feet, just making a mockery of parking norms!

trucks in the city is another problem all together. cities werent designed for the size of them and people who live in a city and drive a big honkin personal truck bought them for toxic masculinity reasons and not needs a truck reasons

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
"Park"ing "Norms?"?

Parking isn't normal, that's why God invented the train.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

marines are so loving stupid

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

kazil posted: