Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut3141
Oct 30, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've been running Neuv/Furina/Fischl/Jean and while this team absolutely works it really makes me wish I had Kazuha so I could switch the team around to use a more convenient healer and someone whose Swirl application isn't so awkward and short range. I do have Sucrose but she's unleveled and like C1 or something.

If you have the fish, Kokomi/Furina/Fischl/Flex is very fun. Obviously best with Kazuha, but any other off-fielder works too, with Kokomi driving/healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Peanut3141 posted:

If you have the fish, Kokomi/Furina/Fischl/Flex is very fun. Obviously best with Kazuha, but any other off-fielder works too, with Kokomi driving/healing.

I do, but I'm more focused on "how do I enable Neuvillette" (who I enjoy playing more than any character to date) than Furina, who's cool but basically just a buff-bot in actual play.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jean/Bennett/Raiden/Furina might be one of my favorite teams I've played so far.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I need a few more HP% clam set pieces, so I can build the ultimate autobattle team, consisting of Clam Dehya (w/Bell) + Furina + Nahida + Raiden EM.
The idea is to get Dehya's +heal% up enough that the talent-triggered self-heal overflows and also heals the rest of the team by Furina, but it seems tricky to get there.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I think maybe I should have played Wriothesley before playing Neuvilette because he feels so dramatically underpowered in direct comparison.

Even with finished relics and optimal teams Wrio is just pummelling away for a subjective million years while it's hard to find anything that can survive a single E and Q cycle from Neu when I take them to the same fights.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've been rocking Nahida/Furina/EM Raiden/Charlotte as my friendship team, and it pretty much does hyperbloom for you. Furina's skill, nahida's skill, Raiden's skill, run away. You can use Nahida/Furina's bursts for big damage, but hyperbloom still wipes everything.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
After 4.2 I need a tier list with all the characters we've been tangentially introduced to but have never appeared on screen.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Emzedoh posted:

I also like think of Zhongli as Big Zhongus and Ningguang as Ningles. I wonder what other private nicknames people have come up with?

Zhongli is Johnlee for me for whatever dumb reason. Gorou is dogboy. Ayaka is Ayaya. Wanderer is of course Don Sombrero. Tighnari is Tigger.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Meiteron posted:

I think maybe I should have played Wriothesley before playing Neuvilette because he feels so dramatically underpowered in direct comparison.

Even with finished relics and optimal teams Wrio is just pummelling away for a subjective million years while it's hard to find anything that can survive a single E and Q cycle from Neu when I take them to the same fights.
I did this! Wrio's Fine and Fun and you can play either a freeze or a melt team with him and they both feel a little different and punching is neat.

But then you E-Q on Neuv and feel the power of god and judgment smiting your enemies and it's like, ok. I guess this is worth getting used to using the right thumbstick.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Neuvillette is also amazing on KB+M because he's the first catalyst user (except for Nahida, sort of, if you squint) whose attacks actually go where you're aiming

i wish you could aim his hose at a higher and lower angle but every serious fight is on a featureless flat arena anyways

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Meiteron posted:

Everyone feels kind of underpowered compared to Neuvellette. My Hu Tao is now at level 89 10/9/6 talents, a Staff of Homa, and decent enough artifacts and my Neuvellette can still just press E at level 80 and 6/6/6 and wipe most of the screen out without even bothered to use the other off-fielders I've got on his team

e: I just remembered the most recent patch lets me finally get his talent boss without finishing the main story so he's just going to get even more powerful

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 14, 2023

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've been running Neuv/Furina/Fischl/Jean and while this team absolutely works it really makes me wish I had Kazuha so I could switch the team around to use a more convenient healer and someone whose Swirl application isn't so awkward and short range.

I've been trying variations on that team, and I've found that Jean is perfect if you have Neuvillette C0. Normally, if you're running double hydro, you can't get the third hydro reaction you need to get big Neuvi up to 3 stacks. Jean can actually cause two different hydro reactions by herself. First she can swirl hydro, then you can let yourself get hit by pyro, cryo, or electro. Jean's burst will swirl that off of you, hitting an enemy, and causing a hydro reaction.

I've got my Furina in a pretty good state, and now I'm figuring out what teams she's good on. it seems like she does a great job of making your heavy hitters hit even harder. On-field Noelle teams have been a bit disappointing, but you can just run Jean/Fischl/anyone and probably get good results. I gave Yoimiya a 4-piece MH set and that was by far the strongest team I've used with her. It also feels like a good team for Diluc, Keqing, and Tighnari, so this is a big win for standard banner characters.

Alhaitham/Fischl/Yaoyao also worked extremely well, and I didn't even bother to switch up gear so Alhaitham was still using 4-piece deepwood and a Harbinger of Dawn. Yae Miko/Fischl/Yaoyao is pure chaos, and probably works well against groups. I haven't even started on teams that use Kokomi or Charlotte. It seems like you can also use teams with two weak healers, like Kuki + Prototype Amber Nahida.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tampa Bae posted:

e: I just remembered the most recent patch lets me finally get his talent boss without finishing the main story so he's just going to get even more powerful
And that's another thing: You get most of his power out of just maxing his normal attack as fast as possible; skill and burst contribute enough by just existing that a 10/1/1 and a 10/8/8 don't have as much distance between them in strength as you'd expect.

Not that I'm not going to triple crown him eventually anyway. It was good enough for Heizou!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wrio burnmelt with Nahida, Benny and Thoma is pretty good too.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Thoma :barf:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

My comfiest Furina overworld team has been Baizhu, Shinobu and Neuvillette. My Baizhu is running fav codex/hp/dendro/crit rate, so his healing isn't quite enough to keep up with the hp drain, but swapping Shinobu for Raiden fixed that nicely.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Noelle/Furina core is super comfy and flexible with a lot of potential supports :3: I love it

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Excelzior posted:

Noelle/Furina core is super comfy and flexible with a lot of potential supports :3: I love it

This excites me because I love Albedo but never get to use him.

Gotta build that Hydro Archon as soon as I've actually explored any of Fontaine other than the Opera!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xalidur posted:

This excites me because I love Albedo but never get to use him.

Gotta build that Hydro Archon as soon as I've actually explored any of Fontaine other than the Opera!

Inazuma was a unique exception, you can just go up there and grab her items whenever

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

And that's another thing: You get most of his power out of just maxing his normal attack as fast as possible; skill and burst contribute enough by just existing that a 10/1/1 and a 10/8/8 don't have as much distance between them in strength as you'd expect.

Not that I'm not going to triple crown him eventually anyway. It was good enough for Heizou!
Yeah, I'm just going to leave skill/burst at 6.

Man every part of Neuvilette's kit is so broken it makes other characters feel worse. Even silly things like using his charge attack to leap up mountains and across small lakes

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking I'll try for Neuv after the Lantern Rite 5*. I suspect he'll be the one getting the Story Quest Act 2/Second Fontaine Weekly Boss in 4.6, so just gotta wait til spring!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Neuvillette is someone I might grab if Natlan's line up is weak because I basically want every new 5* from here on out. Navia is amazing and uses an axe. 4.4 is presumably Cloud Retainer and how can you skip her? Arlecchino and Clorinde have to come out sometime...basically I am critically weak to tall women and Fontaine is hitting me with at least 4 I'm doomed.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ayato seems kinda cool. Very weird playstyle. I aint got him though, just played as him today.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I got a Primordial Jade-Winged Spear from standard banner, so I almost feel obligated to grab Arle since she'll surely want a stat-stick like that if she is a polearm.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh my god. beidou, beidou, collei. weapon. weapon. collei

charlotte does not exist

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

Ayato seems kinda cool. Very weird playstyle. I aint got him though, just played as him today.

He was one of my spite pulls (where I got the on banner weapon but not the one I wanted, so I pulled the character). I built him pretty heavily since he can run 4x Glad and it makes an easy high investment build since Glad pieces are frequent so a lot of people have good sets.

Neuvi admittedly took his job for some things but Ayato still feels better on some teams, and is really easy to play on top of that. I ran him with a hyperbloom team a bit on this abyss (with Neuvi on the other side). I’m still trying to figure out if I like him more for Nilou bloom over Furina though - Furina is seeming really nice in that team.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Neuvillette is fun to play, I just wish I pulled him when I wasn't exploring a country that is largely underwater.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Neuvillette is fun to play, I just wish I pulled him when I wasn't exploring a country that is largely underwater.

have you looked at his overworld/exploration passive

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Surprise weapon and surprise extra con, ahoy. Don't have a 50/50 guarantee that I was hoping for with Navia upcoming, but Furina C2 is kind of nuts and 3 coinflip wins in a row feels good so it's fine.

Pretty happy with her current stats; at least I don't expect to see much in the way of upgrades without an ungodly resin spend. Thankfully it seems the GT/MH domain is Fontain's equivalent of ESF/SR from Inazuma and will likely be farmed for the forseeable future, so there's always a chance.

Meowywitch posted:

oh my god. beidou, beidou, collei. weapon. weapon. collei
charlotte does not exist
The desire sensor is real. I don't think you can get 2 weapons in a row on the character banner though?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

have you looked at his overworld/exploration passive

It's not "Blast fishies with huge water cannon" :mad:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

Zhongli is Johnlee for me for whatever dumb reason. Gorou is dogboy. Ayaka is Ayaya. Wanderer is of course Don Sombrero. Tighnari is Tigger.

Ayaka is Yakko
Tighnari is Thighs
Albedo is Albino
Zhongli is Moreass
Collei is Colander
Furina is Purina
Candace is Cameron
Miko is Yay
Mika is Miko
Kaeya is Snake
Wriothesley is Claude
Venti is Latte
Keqing is Peter Cushing

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hu Tao is Hoot Owl. It's too cute, I just can't not use it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hoot Owl and Walnut are both great names for Hu Tao. Also I use Kandake over Candace because I prefer that way of saying it over the Greek.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Isn't walnut what her name already means

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I still call Diona Ratbaby and I will probably never stop.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I finally got a Charlotte. Blessed.

Now....Furina

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I think I’ve finally settled on using Raiden, Jean, Furina, Yelan. Which also has the side benefit of forcing me out of my Hyperbloom team.

Raiden with Jeans attack speed buff constellation is fun.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nothing makes me feel more behind in this game than getting a new character and realizing I'm going to have to spend hours building up two or three new characters before I can even use them

Pairing up Hu Tao and Furina with a Zhongli was a total mistake, I'm either going to have to build up Jean again or just go to a whole different team (And tbh it might end up being the Noelle/Furina meme dream)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I haven't found my C6 Sayu's healing enough to comfortably keep up with Furina's HP drain. Does Jean provide significantly more? I haven't won the 1-in-14 for her yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

FractalSandwich posted:

I haven't found my C6 Sayu's healing enough to comfortably keep up with Furina's HP drain. Does Jean provide significantly more? I haven't won the 1-in-14 for her yet.
I have Jean on both my accounts, one's C1 and yeah she can heal the whole team to full and it doesn't take a lot of investment for her burst to be up on cooldown. The biggest downside is that it's another one of those tiny circle effects like Bennett has