Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/vamp1rekid/status/1723751859607712063?t=kOtSt83s9GAmjGDUYio4_Q&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

sebmojo posted:

Don't sign your posts

I feel so seen tho

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

weird the year I was born they added "moon" and "moon"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LepantoInst/status/1723426360327020602

That is how the pope works.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1724129201568043504

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

We’ve got a fellow in our neighborhood that’s big into that and he seems to like it. Even got himself a local club formed to do it. I on the other hand have two kids so I’m always hauling between 10 - 30 pounds in some backpack or the other. Land of contrasts and so on.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I just don’t understand filling a backpack with weights to go nowhere when you can fill a backpack with books and supplies to go anywhere

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
you could fill a 60L with raw t-bone steaks and trade them at local merchants for CDs, cigarettes, etc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grassy Knowles posted:

I just don’t understand filling a backpack with weights to go nowhere when you can fill a backpack with books and supplies to go anywhere

Most people don't really have anywhere to go and maybe they're worried about rain?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Milo and POTUS posted:

Most people don't really have anywhere to go and maybe they're worried about rain?

They make waterproof Rucksäcke, but the other bit is just sad if you don't have a coffeeshop or park or any kinda place that might be fun to meander to

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The tweet, you see, was actually a joke about having sex with Scooby-doo

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

kazil posted:

The tweet, you see, was actually a joke about having sex with Scooby-doo

Well, I am as embarrassed as these ruckers should be.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Was that Scooby Doo? I thought it was Kermit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oEYMGL0ZtA&t=198s

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

you could fill a 60L with raw t-bone steaks and trade them at local merchants for CDs, cigarettes, etc.

And heroin!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grassy Knowles posted:

They make waterproof Rucksäcke, but the other bit is just sad if you don't have a coffeeshop or park or any kinda place that might be fun to meander to

oh I thought they were doing it to work out

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://skyview.social/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbsky.app%2Fprofile%2Fdarthbluesky.bsky.social%2Fpost%2F3ke3fwfx45s23

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shouts out to the 856000 socially anxious individuals who have accounts with 0 posts

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

projecthalaxy posted:

Shouts out to the 856000 socially anxious individuals who have accounts with 0 posts

To post is human; to lurk, divine.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I got a bluesky account to read links people were posting instead of screenshots and to pass out invite codes. Actually engaging on social media is for dum dums.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Dameius posted:

I got a bluesky account to read links people were posting instead of screenshots and to pass out invite codes. Actually engaging on social media is for dum dums.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

That is a serious dump to take for such a bathroom sign.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't have a bluesky account because, c'mon. That poo poo isn't going anywhere.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I am perfectly happy letting you guys aggregate the good stuff from any platform right here tbh.

So thank you for your service.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

zoux posted:

I don't have a bluesky account because, c'mon. Social media isn't going anywhere.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I have a Blue sky account to read whatever they call tweets as well, but with the added bonus of having a sincere belief that their failure is inevitable so long as they require an account to read tweets.

It's just a fundamental misunderstanding on every level of the forces that caused Twitter to grow.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Don't you trust the fediverse

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BlueSky tweets are called skeets hth

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

That was the deal they made. You can keep your theocratic absolute monarchy, but only over an area of 0.2 square miles.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Rather rule in hell than be equal in heaven, said the pope

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

What's even the point if you don't use it? Francis should start issuing bizarre, non-catholicism-related edicts and executing random VC tourists for petty infractions.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

I don't have a bluesky account because, c'mon. That poo poo isn't going anywhere.

I have an account that I never log into, I think officially I’m still on the waiting list from about 8 months ago but never heard anything so used a code instead.

They have absolutely squandered the period where Twitter has lost all credibility, nobody is going to care about them when they’re finally ready. Just a clown show over there. How many people outside us terminally online even know it exists?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I have an account that I never log into, I think officially I’m still on the waiting list from about 8 months ago but never heard anything so used a code instead.

They have absolutely squandered the period where Twitter has lost all credibility, nobody is going to care about them when they’re finally ready. Just a clown show over there. How many people outside us terminally online even know it exists?

As far as I can tell, its main purpose is that when something bad on twitter, people post walls of invites like it's a threat or something. That they have walls of invites is telling.

Bottom line: all reporters, athletes, celebs, and news outlets use twitter (except for a few like NPR) and as long as that remains the case, there will be no viable competitor to twitter. All we can do is hope the bank repossesses it from dipshit.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

EL BROMANCE posted:

How many people outside us terminally online even know it exists?

drat imagine hanging out in an obscure and irrelevant online social space full of the terminally online

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Elon is definitely shutting twitter down by may 1, 2023. It's guaranteed. I read a bunch of medium articles about it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

drat imagine hanging out in an obscure and irrelevant online social space full of the terminally online

At least we have coattails to ride! BS just has Jack, the guy we all loving hated back before Musk was hated more.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Elon is definitely shutting twitter down by may 1, 2023. It's guaranteed. I read a bunch of medium articles about it

Twitter is dead comrade, it's all about the X now

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

honestly I enjoy Bluesky, it's like very old twitter. if it was actually useful as a news source and had DMs it would be like Golden Era twitter but we can't have everything I guess

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

My partner told his Reddit-loving coworker that I'm a goon, and he apparently wrinkled his nose and said "Something Awful? Aren't they, like, a bunch of neo-Nazis?" :lol:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

EL BROMANCE posted:

At least we have coattails to ride! BS just has Jack, the guy we all loving hated back before Musk was hated more.

Jack made bluesky and then hosed off into the ether. He has no presence there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jabberlock posted:

That was the deal they made. You can keep your theocratic absolute monarchy, but only over an area of 0.2 square miles.

They get rad outfits too