Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Azuth0667 posted:

C-suite made all of the upper management go to a leadership retreat and one of the dumb activities we did was some myers-briggs inventory questionnaire. They let us self-report and it was anonymous so I wrote gently caress as my four letters. We just got a very angry email about respecting the integrity of personal development and everyone is confused about it.

I just needed to reiterate that this loving rules.

It reminds me of when I had a job at a dog food factory that I'd completely stopped giving a poo poo about because it was a disorganized hellhole, and they gave out little anonymous surveys asking people to rate management on their performance on a 1-10 scale. I gave them -3 on communication.

In retrospect it was probably not as anonymous as I thought because I got fired a week later, but at that point I was just glad to be done with it.

Shoehead posted:

It's done!

Congratulations! :toot: So glad you're away from that batshittery.

Biplane posted:

"Only sexy feet pics allowed on the work slack from now on!"

Dumb poo poo your work does: Only sexy feet pics allowed on the work slack from now on

RocketMermaid fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Dumb poo poo your work does: A Shoehead Success Story

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

quote:

Turns out her mother had to leave her father on his deathbed to go pick the boss up because she wouldn't drive home or get a taxi and her entire family were very very angry with her. She wouldn't drive because she doesnt trust the car to last, is now trying to buy a van because "Maybe she can sleep in it"

:wtc:

I'm glad you're away from what sounds like a walking disaster.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

... I don't even understand what you're supposed to do here. Are you supposed to hear about how you gaslit a customer and explain how you would NEVER, and-, or are you supposed to pretend to gaslight a customer, or...

:psyduck:

ok so the scenario is something like, a contractor wants to rent a piece of equipment and is getting quotes. They say they aren't ready to make a reservation yet and my mission, forced to accept it, is to give a spiel inflicting FOMO and trying to upsell other equipment. Like, hardcore gaslight into making the reservation.

When I get calls like that I'll ask them what they're doing on the job site and generally be a pleasant person and most of the time they call me back wanting to make the reservation. If they are operating solely off cost concerns they will never go with us anyhow.

This poo poo is extremely American-focused for American stores where people with my job title are in a call center style building and expected to only say "yes we have x machine!!!" and it's another department's headache to find it. I am actually in the branch at the front desk. I have to source a machine if we don't have it, organize a long haul to get to the branch, coordinate with the techs to make sure it's ok, hand hold our driver through delivering it. Meanwhile the phone is ringing off the hook and I have 4 people in a line in front of me. I do not have time to record some dipshit video to feed their algorithm

Shoehead, grats on getting the gently caress out!! I'm cosigning with everyone saying to block that bitch everywhere you can. It feels like A Lot now but trust me the only regret you'll have is not having done it sooner :glomp:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FreshFeesh posted:

I had a co-worker who went to as many trade shows and expos she could every year with the explicit goal of “getting her rocks off.”

Apparently she had to stop when a regional manager from across the country got served with divorce papers after his wife discovered pictures of them on his phone.

One of the last conversations I overheard at that job was between her and the wife, shouted over speakerphone. ”Your husband eats rear end like a pussy!

Dumb poo poo Your Work Does: Your husband eats rear end like a pussy!

Also; gently caress yeah Shoeonhead!

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 11, 2023

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Agents are GO! posted:

:discourse:

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009

RocketMermaid posted:

In retrospect it was probably not as anonymous as I thought because I got fired a week later, but at that point I was just glad to be done with it.

Please fill in the following anonymous survey. The password to log in is your employee number.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Shoehead posted:

It's done!

You did it!!!! Good job!

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

FreshFeesh posted:

One of the last conversations I overheard at that job was between her and the wife, shouted over speakerphone. ”Your husband eats rear end like a pussy!

OK so now I'm curious.

Did he eat rear end as if it were a pussy?

Did he eat rear end unenthusiastically?

Did his eating of it render him unmanly in her eyes?

So many possible meanings!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Skanky Burns posted:

Please fill in the following anonymous survey. The password to log in is your employee number.

:gonk:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Atopian posted:

OK so now I'm curious.

I wish I didn’t know the answer to this one, but I do. Unenthusiastically. She had to tell him to, and I quote, “get in there.” :saddowns:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

FreshFeesh posted:

I wish I didn’t know the answer to this one, but I do. Unenthusiastically. She had to tell him to, and I quote, “get in there.” :saddowns:

It does sound like he eats rear end like a pussy.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Shoehead, I'm really happy for you, and I hope your next job is satisfying and non-insane.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

FreshFeesh posted:

Oh, I get it now.
Talk about an ambiguous statement! :v:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Agents are GO! posted:

Also shoehead I think your ex-boss might be a waste of good oxygen. Congrats on making your poo poo boss an ex-boss.

E: vv, holy poo poo, an absolute oxygen thief.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 11, 2023

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Was it that he eats rear end like he is a pussy or are his linguseses identical?

e: Oh I'm not the only one wondering

quote:

Turns out her mother had to leave her father on his deathbed to go pick the boss up because she wouldn't drive home or get a taxi and her entire family were very very angry with her. She wouldn't drive because she doesnt trust the car to last, is now trying to buy a van because "Maybe she can sleep in it"

I popped this on my Mastodon acc before we put it together later. She told a heap of clients this story (why? you come off terribly in it!) and maybe forgot that she told us, the staff that she'd missed him dying, in the end, she'd been too late. Which means her mother wasn't there with him when he went because she was busy picking her up

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 11, 2023

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

jfc

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

What a poor use of carbon atoms.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Congrats ShoeHead!!! I hope you can really decompress and face a sunnier future!

And as of Monday I will be finalizing a new job as well to find out when I can give notice. I ended up with a choice of two places weirdly enough after months of attempts and I feel I have picked the one I will excel at and get back my composure not working in a call center environment and having smoke blown up my rear end by management.
My departure is going to actually cripple them. I was talking to my old director (who pushed one of my job options) and he said this may put their backs up against the wall and address issues. I disagreed, I feel another will leave under the pressure then its 55 hour week minimums to just get the work done. All the while the regional head will keep saying "We will get through this" without doing ANYTHING constructive. and the VP above him is a self-involved rear end, if the work gets done, no reason for raises right?

It's not capitalism, it's the capitalists.

I get to sit at an actual desk, do actual work (because I am building new accounting procedures) and see the customers and the management and the whole darn process. No more being a drat cog for the foreseeable future.

And get a 15K bump. :yotj:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The client agreed to pay for flights but not hotel.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Smuggins posted:

It's not capitalism, it's the capitalists.

capitalism is garbage, my fellow goon, never forget that

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Open enrollment. HR resets the healthcare portal password every year. No 2FA.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Salami Surgeon posted:

Now here's the real question: what happens at your company when you don't make an election?

At my company they just renew whatever plan you already had... except for that one year when they changed it and if you didn't sign in and pick something you just didn't have health insurance that year. Whole lotta crying at work that winter.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:drat: America is hosed up.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

wash bucket posted:

Now here's the real question: what happens at your company when you don't make an election?

At my company they just renew whatever plan you already had... except for that one year when they changed it and if you didn't sign in and pick something you just didn't have health insurance that year. Whole lotta crying at work that winter.

It should auto enroll you into the same plan. No changes in plans this year, so everything should be OK. Sometimes it's not and oops no health insurance.

I always need to up my HSA contributions each year so I am sure to go through the complete enrollment.

At another company I worked for, one year they wouldn't let you select your plan and instead made you answer survey questions and it'd select the plan for you. Eventually HR gave in to everyone screaming at them and said, "OK, fine, just email us and we'll set your selection for the same thing you had last year."

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

My desk has six mice at it for 3 computers, people keep losing the USB dongle and getting new mice.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

TaurusTorus posted:

My desk has six mice at it for 3 computers, people keep losing the USB dongle and getting new mice.

Sounds like you need an exterminator

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Salami Surgeon posted:

Three years in a row, third insurance provider. All use employee navigator. Each required a new username and password. You could not use the same email address if it was tied to the account made for the last provider.

We finally have good insurance because they tried to cheap out last year and the owners husband got brain cancer and the insurance rep just stopped answering their calls when they asked why the chemo was covered but the anti nausea meds weren't.

This year we have good poo poo and it's only pennies more than last year.

So very much, leopards ate my face over here.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I'm back from a three week vacation and it sounds like things were mostly smooth while I was gone. I always have that concern that I'll come back and find out I had some weird house of cards in place and it came crashing down while I was away.

This morning a guy I've never heard of or talked to before asked if I had quotes back for two operations on a part number I've also never seen before. At first I thought maybe he sent me a request while I was away, but no, nothing came up in the search on either the part number or this particular guy's name. So I checked with my backup person, he was also in the dark about this. When I didn't respond immediately the guy started IMing me asking the same questions he had emailed me about. When I admitted to some confusion over this whole thing he responded with "Oh, no, I released it yesterday. Do you not have the files?" He somehow expected me to know that he had finalized drawings and had them approved and that I needed to go find them and send them to vendors for quotes. Like an hour later I had multiple people sending me emails with "hey, I know you are just back from vacation, but we really need the quotes for those two operations!" as the major thrust of the messages. One of them was my boss, who asked if I needed some additional help to ease back into work because I hadn't done what these people were requesting.

In talking with her about this it came up that multiple designers were blaming me for not getting quotes back to the engineering leads. The full story is that they were new to the group and are all part of the same contracting company, they have no clue how all this works. Each assumed that everyone on the massive team just got their drawings when they were completed. Now the engineering lead has set up a call for tomorrow to figure out just how many drawings/operation sheets have been issued in the last month that were never sent on for quotes because no one could answer that question once we realized the problem.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

TaurusTorus posted:

I've always wondered. How do people lose their loving dongles. Like how does that happen. It's meant to stay in the computer, do they fuckin play with it? What the hell is going on?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lazyfire posted:

I'm back from a three week vacation and it sounds like things were mostly smooth while I was gone. I always have that concern that I'll come back and find out I had some weird house of cards in place and it came crashing down while I was away.

This morning a guy I've never heard of or talked to before asked if I had quotes back for two operations on a part number I've also never seen before. At first I thought maybe he sent me a request while I was away, but no, nothing came up in the search on either the part number or this particular guy's name. So I checked with my backup person, he was also in the dark about this. When I didn't respond immediately the guy started IMing me asking the same questions he had emailed me about. When I admitted to some confusion over this whole thing he responded with "Oh, no, I released it yesterday. Do you not have the files?" He somehow expected me to know that he had finalized drawings and had them approved and that I needed to go find them and send them to vendors for quotes. Like an hour later I had multiple people sending me emails with "hey, I know you are just back from vacation, but we really need the quotes for those two operations!" as the major thrust of the messages. One of them was my boss, who asked if I needed some additional help to ease back into work because I hadn't done what these people were requesting.

In talking with her about this it came up that multiple designers were blaming me for not getting quotes back to the engineering leads. The full story is that they were new to the group and are all part of the same contracting company, they have no clue how all this works. Each assumed that everyone on the massive team just got their drawings when they were completed. Now the engineering lead has set up a call for tomorrow to figure out just how many drawings/operation sheets have been issued in the last month that were never sent on for quotes because no one could answer that question once we realized the problem.

The best thing about blaming the guy on vacation is that he can't prove you wrong. Limited time offer only.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Reoxygenation posted:

I've always wondered. How do people lose their loving dongles. Like how does that happen. It's meant to stay in the computer, do they fuckin play with it? What the hell is going on?

This is an excellent question, I have never lost a dongle, but maybe I'm just built different.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Likely its that its attached to something other then the laptop, like the usb ports in the monitor or hub.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
It's a known problem with these dongles. Perverts go around scooping them up for their own gratification. That's why there are usually more missing dongles than missing mice. For obvious reasons, the mice aren't much use to them.

What's even more offensive is how uncooperative the general public can be when trying to recover one's dongle. I lost one of mine a couple of weeks back and the responses to my "have you seen my dongle?" posters were unbelievably rude and categorically unhelpful.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Reoxygenation posted:

"What's a dongle? :confused:"

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Back in my day mice had balls, now they have dongles. Doesn't make sense to me!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Reoxygenation posted:

Step 1: bring cool work mouse home to use. Step 2: forget dongle in home machine/tv/buttplug/whatever. Optional: unsupervised child/pet eats dongle. Step 3: refuse to admit what has happened to IT, claim it is "lost" because you are afraid of getting in trouble. Step 4: sell excess mice to dongle gnomes. Step 5: profit!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If you have to work late spend an hour switching all the dongles throughout the office. Your coworkers will appreciate your clever prank.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Reoxygenation posted:

i eat mine when noone is looking

i do this so i can request a new mouse from IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Dameius posted:

The best thing about blaming the guy on vacation is that he can't prove you wrong. Limited time offer only.

Speaking of blame, that reminds me of a project I had where the client was doing continuous 24-hour construction over several years. Needless to say, the neighbors were not happy about that, and there were ongoing lawsuits over the noise. The client came to me and said that worker morale was low, so they wanted to mount speakers 50 feet in the air and play music at night that would be audible over the entire construction site. They wanted to know what setting to use on the volume knob so it wouldn't disturb the neighbors. I said I have no idea because 1) that's not in my scope of work; 2) I know fuckall about stereo equipment; 3) I would have to check whether that would violate any local ordinances; and 4) there is no way that wouldn't piss off the neighbors who are already suing the project. They said, we don't want you to do any research or investigation, just sign off on it so we can play music all night for the next several years. I said I'm not about to open myself to that kind of liability, and they don't need me to sign off on it because that's not in my scope. So they told the construction workers that I was the reason they couldn't play music.