Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Going to have to rewatch Army of the Dead before this. Maybe ZSJL too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

MacheteZombie posted:

I'll try to be forgiving

Remember Army of the Dead is an official
Oscar winner (fan favorite).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The best category

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The only category that really matters tbh. Also you'll learn to love the dream lens in time.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

In time they will join us in the sun

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should have gotten an oscar nod at least for perfectly digitally replacing an entire actor. I wasn't big on that film but that feat was drat impressive. Of course the only thing people talked about was the dead pixel that showed up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

In time they will join us in the vasoline

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

checkplease posted:

Remember Army of the Dead is an official
Oscar winner (fan favorite).

Lol no way

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It won along with ZSJL (best cheer moment).

I like how all the articles discussing those two wins start off by saying that Snyder didn’t actually win an Oscar and it’s not correct to refer to either movie “Oscar winning”.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It won the academy award for a category that was solely created to appease MCU fanboy types. It's very funny that Army of the Dead won.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's only good and proper to refer to a film by its winnings, just like Academy Award winner Suicide Squad

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

teagone posted:

It won the academy award for a category that was solely created to appease MCU fanboy types. It's very funny that Army of the Dead won.

And so did ZNJL for the other category also created solely to appease MCU fanboys.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Let it be known

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Didn't army of the dead take it in part because the academy wouldn't allow zsjl since "it came out in 2017"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sometimes I wonder if it was a curse or a blessing that Will slapped Chris rock because on one hand, it distracted from Snyder winning the vote contest and sucked all the air out of the room, but on the other hand, it distracted from Snyder winning and sucking all the air out of the room

The discourse would have been equal parts glorious and disastrous

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I love Snyder
I love Jupiter Ascending warts and all

This movie is like someone stepped into my brain and plucked out everything I love about scifi and fantasy and blockbusters and put it to screen.

I am beyond excited for this movie. Very excited Ill get to catch it in theaters.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And so did ZNJL for the other category also created solely to appease MCU fanboys.

I was calling it the Spider-Man award.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am fully at the "not watching a second of trailers" phase for Rebel Moon. I watched the first trailer, didn't understand a loving thing that was going on and I would prefer to keep it that way.

In other news,
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1712162386189095061

Snyder and Harmon. That would've been one hell of a creative combination.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snyder-Ham, Snyder-Ham, does what ever a spider pig does

e: Oh there's an R in his name lmao gently caress

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

quote:

Is there any way I can help get that movie started by using my Snyder-ness

double bicep flexing as he said this

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

In other news,
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1712162386189095061

Nobody's perfect, I guess.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
How long would that slow-mo reveal of pickle rick run for. I bet it'd be a full rear end minute with cuts to multiple angles and reaction shots.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You will believe a man can be a pickle

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

shoeberto posted:

How long would that slow-mo reveal of pickle rick run for. I bet it'd be a full rear end minute with cuts to multiple angles and reaction shots.
Full frontal nudity pickle rick

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Mr. Apollo posted:

Full frontal nudity pickle rick

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

MJeff posted:

The guy who over-writes everything vs. the guy who works best with entirely visual metaphor. Would have been memorable if nothing else.

art.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

From the sounds of things, Snyder didn't actually want to be involved creatively, he just thought he might be able to open some doors if Harmon was interested in doing it.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Dan Harmon would disintegrate if he lifted a single weight so I don't know how that would have worked

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
There's nothing wrong with liking Rick and Morty. Catchphrase-spouting superfans suck but they always do across all media.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Rewatching Army of the Dead, lol I forgot the zombie outbreak starts from a guy getting road head.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

checkplease posted:

Rewatching Army of the Dead, lol I forgot the zombie outbreak starts from a guy getting road head.

As i recall, that shipment was headed to the middle east as well, so they had every intention of unleashing the zombie, it just happened that they bungled it like they usually do (thus continuing the theme from MoS)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Dan Harmon would disintegrate if he lifted a single weight so I don't know how that would have worked

Dan Harmon and Zack Snyder on set

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

It's me, I'm the Rick and Morty x Snyder crossover fan.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Rewatch confirmed Army of the Dead is a lot of fun. Lots of action, jokes, and goofy gore. Dracula Zombie Lord with a helmet and cape with weird society rules is a good concept. The whole post Afghanistan/immigration aspect of it works pretty well and the heist itself interesting to watch. Kate, the daughter, and her quest to rescue people is more boring and kind of distractions (plus she makes terrible decisions), but it adds some humanity with her desire to help the hostages vs letting them all be bombed.

The lenses stuff does ultimately does feel like it holds the film back at time. It works really well at some points to change focus or hide reactions, but when the action gets going you kind of just want to watch it more clearly. Hopefully Synder has worked out the process more now.

Wish this had a physical release though. Netflix…

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

McCloud posted:

Also it's been confirmed that Rebel Moon will be getting a limited theater run, in specific theaters in New York, LA, London and Toronto.

Bah, just seeing this now. Is this 70mm theatrical release going to be the only theatrical release? My local Alamo Drafthouse usually plays the "bigger" Netflix movies, I totally took it for granted that they would be playing Rebel Moon. I really want to see it in a theater.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

chime_on posted:

Bah, just seeing this now. Is this 70mm theatrical release going to be the only theatrical release? My local Alamo Drafthouse usually plays the "bigger" Netflix movies, I totally took it for granted that they would be playing Rebel Moon. I really want to see it in a theater.

Looks like it, yes. Only 4 theaters worldwide, so good news if you live in london, toronto, LA or NYC, sucks to be you if you live anywhere else

https://twitter.com/zacksnyder/status/1724835245327818960?s=46&t=yPIpoeD_1zo6-P4nl9Hh1g

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Officially done with snyder because of this.

Boo this man

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Tempted to head to try to make it to the NYC one.

If only Netflix could be cool like Apple release it wide. Again, this is an academy award winner, show some respect.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I will genuinely buy tickets to wherever in Australia shows this, probably. I could use the vacation from unemployment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
in light of recent events, it's occurred to me how conducive Man of Steel is to an anti-zionist reading.

Superman is a Jewish immigrant whose fathers gave him different names, who struggles with his identity torn between two worlds. He rejects Krypton when it becomes clear there's no way what's left of it can coexist with the world he loves.

Jor-El and Lara-El are a last gasp of compassionate thought in a nation overtaken by fascism, but they're hopelessly mired in the ideology of their homeland. The part where Krypton functions as a nightmarish future vision of Earth maps onto the US/Israel dynamic, albeit imperfectly.

The birth matrix is the loving sperm extraction corps of the IDF lmao