Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Humerus posted:

People complain about the runestone timegate for Wayfarer's Henge but nobody ever talks about the thousands of Kralkatite ore you need to make the 6 weapons in Istan for Vision, which was way more annoying to me. At least you can speed it up with every character you have at 80 going to fix mirrors and wake up drunk pirates.

byora's marches exists now :v:

just doing storms and drakkar and opening the large chests daily is like a stack of kralk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The only group objective required for the legendary amulet that was difficult to do was the oil rig defense (the one culminating in killing a giant slime).
I think i had to do it 7-8 times before it was successful.
All other group ones succeeded the first time i tried them. Im EU timezone playing on US realm so anyone playing in their region shouldnt have any problems finishing any of the group objectives.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Today's new weapon blog: Mesmer rifle

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/rifle-mesmers-direct-allies-to-the-nearest-emergency-exit/

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Hell yeah, more portals.

I need to get the magical rifle skin since my main mesmer is full magical girl.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh poo poo, I just realized each piece of obsidian armor needs a stack of exotic luck. I should probably stop reflexively eating the smaller ones whenever they show up in my inventory.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress yeah.
Please let pistol Guard and sword Necro be cool!

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh poo poo, I just realized each piece of obsidian armor needs a stack of exotic luck. I should probably stop reflexively eating the smaller ones whenever they show up in my inventory.

You can also salvage ecto and combine them as an artificer, then sell the dust. You only lose a ton of money instead of all of it!
Also worth noting that lunar new year throws essence of luck at you, which should land right around the same time as the precursor armor.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

what does engi get

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

what does engi get

Shortbow, but no details yet

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It better shoot out little drones that fly around all cute and shoot people for me.
I'm sick of not having a proper drone class!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It's kit-based

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

I made good progress on the token collector thing. Only 7 left, but jumping puzzles kill me. Hit 7k achievement points off getting the journals. A lot of collecting, but not too bad really.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Will it be line of site the portal I wonder or can we cheese even more JP's via mesmer shenanigans now?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

They've really got a hard-on for support weapons these days, for some reason.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

U.T. Raptor posted:

They've really got a hard-on for support weapons these days, for some reason.

when support weapons are powerful content is easier and boonballs are harder to kill

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I was kinda worried about necro swords turning out to be a support weapon, but honestly its probably the best thing that could happen to Necro. The real power is in the shroud anyway so I might as well spend my time out of it pumping boons and some heals or barriers. And with every single necro weapon being a variation of "dps + some offense focused utility" its the best shot necros will get at some variety, unless they somehow decide to turn swords into a mobility or defensive weapon, which I just cant see.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I haven't played this game basically since it came out and I'm putzing around with the free stuff right now. I assume it's cool for me to just do whatever as I'm leveling? Should I be particularly concerned about hero points and accidentally making a lovely build?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

S.J. posted:

I haven't played this game basically since it came out and I'm putzing around with the free stuff right now. I assume it's cool for me to just do whatever as I'm leveling? Should I be particularly concerned about hero points and accidentally making a lovely build?

the only thing you can do to permanently change your experience in a negative way is to make the naked man disappear

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

S.J. posted:

Nope, just enjoy the content and putz around

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

tarbrush posted:

Nope, just enjoy the content and putz around

Saraiguma posted:

the only thing you can do to permanently change your experience in a negative way is to make the naked man disappear

Hell yeah

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They said want to fill niches with the new weapons that aren't currently covered well. The profs that got support weapons don't have great options. The remaining profs already have pretty good options, so I don't see them being so heavily support oriented.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Original dedicated 'healer' weapon sets were all of like, staff ele camping water and mace/shield guardian. So now they're playing catch-up with support builds being expected to constantly heal/barrier/aegis and not just provide cc, peels, etc.

That said the sum total of necro weapon skills that directly benefit allies are: Mark of Blood and Locust Swarm. So I'm not holding out hope for swords to be a pure dps set.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

A bunch of lounge passes are 20% off right now. Anyone have the Thousand Seas one?

I have Mistlock, but I've slowly stopped using it since getting addicted to Jade Bot buffs. Porting to Mistlock removes them. Does Thousand Seas do the same?

I know you can fish there, which is pretty neat.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

if there’s gonna be an even mix of support weapons to dps weapons in the new batch it was an odd fuckin choice to preview every single support weapon immediately and back to back

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They've made a few... choices with these weapon previews, to be fair

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

gandlethorpe posted:

They've made a few... choices with these weapon previews, to be fair

I like the aesthetics of the Rev Scepter, but having it be melee and doing things like putting barrier on the final auto attack in the chain and linking to allies that might run out of range makes it seem pretty unwieldy. I guess that is what the beta test is for.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
If necro swords are support weapons, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Saraiguma posted:

New thread title? Just thinking out loud.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

gandlethorpe posted:

A bunch of lounge passes are 20% off right now. Anyone have the Thousand Seas one?

I have Mistlock, but I've slowly stopped using it since getting addicted to Jade Bot buffs. Porting to Mistlock removes them. Does Thousand Seas do the same?

I know you can fish there, which is pretty neat.

I'm not 100 percent certain, because I'm not addicted to the bot buffs, but I thiiiink that was one of the pros I read last year when I was deciding which pass to buy? It does have a jade bot work bench...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Today's new weapon blog: Elementalist pistol :hellyeah:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pistols-grant-elementalists-the-choice-between-greater-damage-and-defense/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's pretty close to how I want base Ele to play, so I'm very excited!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Now THAT sounds rad

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ele pistol is like an entirely new class or something, that's rad as gently caress

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I look forward to the weaver pistol optimal rotation being beyond even Roul.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ele scepter found dead in a ditch

But yeah, this sounds and looks awesome. Hopefully they can do a focus buff at some point, because I want to play a truly ranged build (as fun as OH dagger is), and warhorn isn't my cup of tea.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 15, 2023

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress maybe I do have to make Quip now. All my favorite builds use pistol, aside from Rev.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

Ele scepter found dead in a ditch

yeah, rip

i was wondering if i should use one of my starter sets on a meteorlogicus but bolt and quip it is i guess

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Saraiguma posted:

the

what

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I have HOPE and the model looks great with my armor, but I wish we could toggle the projectile effects. Ele skills are flashy as hell, and sometimes it's a downgrade to turn them all into the same effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
One condi pistol down, come on Guardian!