Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Can someone explain why crazy people have politicized this death? It was done in a UK league that I, and assumedly 99% of other people, have not heard of before. Other than race, I feel like I’m missing something.

Nah it’s race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

yeah, you aren't missing anything, twitter replies I've seen on anything related to the story have been absolutely rancid

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 14, 2023

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

Can someone explain why crazy people have politicized this death? It was done in a UK league that I, and assumedly 99% of other people, have not heard of before. Other than race, I feel like I’m missing something.

Seems like you get it already

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DailyFaceoff/status/1724513926833217895

lol "trip"

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I thought there must be some other reason. drat, I am naive.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
A nice new feature on Elon’s twitter is that if a reply has a blue checkmark it’s going to be a worthless post by a rightwing fuckhead and you can safely not read it

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Aphrodite posted:

If the guy's reaction time, situational awareness and coordination were good enough to do that intentionally he'd have been in much higher level hockey.
Counterpoint: if his ability to handle the puck is as good as his ability to time hits, hard to see a market for him in any higher league even were he capable of pulling off such ice ballerina poo poo at will.

And to be clear, I'm not saying he did it on purpose, just that it's really hard to understand what he actually was going for. But I also haven't seen a video that shows him clipping his target such that it caused him to overbalance in this way.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Dirty Burger posted:

A nice new feature on Elon’s twitter is that if a reply has a blue checkmark it’s going to be a worthless post by a rightwing fuckhead and you can safely not read it

This features been there since before Elon.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah i was wondering what this was all about too since i hadn't and don't intend to watch any videos of it, so it never even crossed my mind.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Now I'm confused. What does race have to do with this?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

Reminds me of 2010ish when I was on holiday going through Canada, saw Winnipeg play Montreal's AHL team, PK Subban was playing for them and a few people in the crowd were abusing him at every opportunity. I thought haha that’s funny give poo poo to the hot Montreal prospect. Then some other black guy (assume a 4th liner as he barely played) came on and got the same treatment and I was like oh..that’s not funny anymore.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Everyone should quit Twitter already. I promise you won't miss it.

taco show posted:

The PWHL released their jersey designs today and they’re… okay. No logos and very old school.

:effort:

Mr. Kite posted:

"The skate was attached to a foot of a non white person, therefore it must have been done on purpose." - racist idiots on the internet.

deoju fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 14, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VOTE1 posted:

Reminds me of 2010ish when I was on holiday going through Canada, saw Winnipeg play Montreal's AHL team, PK Subban was playing for them and a few people in the crowd were abusing him at every opportunity. I thought haha that’s funny give poo poo to the hot Montreal prospect. Then some other black guy (assume a 4th liner as he barely played) came on and got the same treatment and I was like oh..that’s not funny anymore.

Any game featuring a team from a reserve is the loving 17th century.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Mr. Kite posted:

He doesn't look white. I feel like his family has been 'outed' too, but I care more about the whole story going away than confirming that.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 14, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's the same people that all of a sudden became big Ivan Provorov fans

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1724419045590524144?t=cnoyJhjuAIuSLsFVjO8dnw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1724419910875463779?t=gJbErW85mp4gm_Pp7nQnRQ&s=19

Someday, PAS' manifest destiny that their team has finally fallen off the cliff for good will eventually come true.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I was looking at team save % today and was incredibly confused to see the Penguins in 7th considering the pens posts in here.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mr. Kite posted:

A quick trip to Elon’s timeline to see the horrendous racism he RTs about bLaCk On WhItE vIoLeNcE from the worst fascists in the world will tell you everything you need to know.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1724570900521967934
https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1724571562504827079

gently caress you, Gene Smith. :byewhore:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Gee how shocking. Pens fans: you're the worst

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I never doubted them - check my records.

The other naysayers though, I agree

to the brig with them

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

taco show posted:

They trademarked six mediocre names but haven’t officially announced them: Toronto Torch, New York Sound, Montreal Echo, Minnesota Superior, Ottawa Alert, and Boston Wicked

Like, would love actual professional women’s hockey but this is not off to a great start.

and the rumor is that the New York Sound are playing in Connecticut and the Boston Wicked are set to play in... Lowell.

I was one of the roughly 400 adults who attended a Pride game and I am certainly not driving to loving Lowell for this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

and the rumor is that the New York Sound are playing in Connecticut and the Boston Wicked are set to play in... Lowell.

I was one of the roughly 400 adults who attended a Pride game and I am certainly not driving to loving Lowell for this.

Are they using the old AHL barn in Lowell?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

fawning deference posted:

Gee how shocking. Pens fans: you're the worst

ya how dare we doubt the team that missed the playoffs last year by losing to (*checks notes*) Chicago and Columbus to end their season

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

ya how dare we doubt the team that missed the playoffs last year by losing to (*checks notes*) Chicago and Columbus to end their season

That team didn't have a 100-point defenseman on a terrible team on it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
i just scroll past posts about the penguins as a rule

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
In the last couple games the Kraken have looked like poo poo but their youth movement 4th line with Shane Wright and Ryan Winterton who were called up to fill in for injuries did great with 67% XG share. So of course they have been immediately sent back to the AHL today.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

mennoknight posted:

how do you skip past 95% of the monthly threads?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Toronto is playing in the old Maple Leaf Gardens building which is kind of cool. It's now just a 2600 seat arena used by one of the local universities with the rest of the building carved up into the rest of their athletic department facilities/gym and a grocery store.

So good location, but hopefully they outgrow the size and move up.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DancingMachine posted:

In the last couple games the Kraken have looked like poo poo but their youth movement 4th line with Shane Wright and Ryan Winterton who were called up to fill in for injuries did great with 67% XG share. So of course they have been immediately sent back to the AHL today.

This means very little when they played 10 and 7 minutes respectively.

What you saw on Saturday and Monday are the holes in Hakstol’s “system” of be faster than the other team not working.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

I just come in as needed. YMMV.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mennoknight posted:

there's other posts to read?

e: beaten by Bard

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mennoknight posted:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I got a Penguins post for ya

The Penguins are back baby

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's early in the season but Malkin and Sid are on pace to match the best age 35+ seasons in NHL history

I think they've still got it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:psyduck:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Habs offense kind of turned back into a pumpkin at the end of October. Not that it was killing it beforehand but they don't seem to get more than a couple goals tops in regulation.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Bard Maddox posted:

Forged in the fires of RWAS line combos for a decade.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
yeah i don't read most of this bullshit just a heads up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Tage Thompson broke his hand or something blocking a shot. (Edit I guess he got cut?)

Looks like the Sabres are the same Sabres as always.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 15, 2023