Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Super digging Skulltenders so far!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
kc green & cohen edenfield? yeah okay ill bite

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ok yeah but do they have a stir fry?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Warbird posted:

No BUT I'm doing a raspy semi-british accent that might be mistaken for Stirfry's and KC is playing a chaotic silly bird with ill regard for his (and others) safety, so with those two elements combined we are Stirfry-coded.

Also thanks for posting about my big project, ya'll ;~; and yes I *am* a big Rude Tales pervert, I wear this badge proudly. Please be hyped for my thing!! <3 (skulltenders.com for links and rss feed and all that jazz)

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Skulltenders is very good.

Got kind of a Grim Fandango vibe going on.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Instant subscribe, ready to dive in on my drive into work tomorrow!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Warbird posted:

you got yourself a listener

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I love the cast and dm already, subbed

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

goblin week posted:

you got yourself a listener

We've found the guy who won't die for Stir-Fry

I also have Skulltenders queued up for a listen today, despite the lack of Stir-Fry

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Having just caught up on the last few episodes I want Stirfry-as-Drop Dead Fred vignettes for all time

Can't wait to get to Skulltenders!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Skulltenders seems pretty good. I haven’t gotten to where they introduce Voidburger’s character yet, but this Jess person is pretty on point.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Werimether is so loathesome, I love him

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I was at work and laughing so hard at the Halloween special I had to go for a walk

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
"Count Dracula's digital watch" had me howling

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I just found out Tim Platt had a podcast kind of in the vein of A Podcast for Laundry where the host character's life is ruined by the podcast. Hampton High

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I just found out Tim Platt had a podcast kind of in the vein of A Podcast for Laundry where the host character's life is ruined by the podcast. Hampton High

it is extremely loving good albeit occasionally brutal. branson pops up as his older brother occasionally & its exactly like you would think it is

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Very sad about this campaign ending :sigh: Excited for the next one, but still feeling kind of melancholy. I have so many good memories listening to this podcast in places I probably shouldn't be listening to this podcast, i.e. work

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I've been watching Star Trek Lower Decks and I like it, but man, Commander Ransom just makes me miss Legs Loveless.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, I was expecting to miss Carboat Bin Laden or Backyard Pyle more, but Legs was the heart of the show. I need resolution for his character arc!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i sorta wish they'd allude to taylors characters. I don't think he left on bad terms or nuthin so I guess it's just a creative decision. it is interesting though to have like, the ships pilot or bobbolis brother just unpersond. they cant go to the pleasure dome!!!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I've been watching Star Trek Lower Decks and I like it, but man, Commander Ransom just makes me miss Legs Loveless.

I'm also watching Lower Decks and it is definitely making me want to finally catch up with Oh These

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Anyone else wistfully reminiscing about all the places they've listened to Rude Tales over the years, on the eve before the final ep of this campaign? :unsmith:

I know this isn't the END end, but it still feels a little melancholy. I mean, this poo poo started right before COVID, so it already sticks out in my mind at being "from the before times" while also carrying me through the pandemic in a weird way

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
I

Don't

Wanna

Listen

To

It

:(:(

E: that said, after listening to Werner Herzog's memoir in audio book form I hope Chris's impression comes back for a main character. Some of the lines in the memoir are also straight out of Rude Tales with Herzog describing getting malaria and the subsequeny diarrhoea, and the best quote "I have maintained that the twentieth century was the biggest mistake in human history"

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 14, 2023

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

Anyone else wistfully reminiscing about all the places they've listened to Rude Tales over the years, on the eve before the final ep of this campaign? :unsmith:

I know this isn't the END end, but it still feels a little melancholy. I mean, this poo poo started right before COVID, so it already sticks out in my mind at being "from the before times" while also carrying me through the pandemic in a weird way

Yeah, I listened to the first episode while working under my car. I remember having to put tools down so I didn't drop something on my face while laughing.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I listened to the first episode while working at a lab mice farm. Good times

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

rude tales deffo got me through the worst of the pandemic & im having Emotions about the finale being out but i havent listened yet

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
My first long stretch of Rude Tales listens, particularly Come At The King, was during a bicycle tour right after a big breakup. I still think about CatK whenever I'm cycling in the countryside.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Episode actual starts at 2:42 if you want to skip the ads.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I remember excitedly listening to the first episode when it first came out, but getting too drunk to actually pay attention. Same when I tried to relisten.
Coming back to it after starting my recovery really hit. Especially after I got to the... 2nd(?) episode, when Ivan Gretzky showed up. Always keeping a candle lit for that guy. Friends of Bethel for life.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
wow

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
God drat, "C'mon and Be My Friend"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Deeters posted:

Yeah, I listened to the first episode while working under my car. I remember having to put tools down so I didn't drop something on my face while laughing.

goblin week posted:

I listened to the first episode while working at a lab mice farm. Good times

I have so many memories listening to this dumb show at work, along with NeoScum. I distinctly remember listening to the Kebin episode while hauling boxes of old repair orders while working at the car dealership. At my new job, I ended up being the only person working on-site during the pandemic so I didn't have to worry about anyone walking in on a weird part so I could totally listen to Rude Tales (and F Plus) without headphones :fyadride:

SimonSays posted:

My first long stretch of Rude Tales listens, particularly Come At The King, was during a bicycle tour right after a big breakup. I still think about CatK whenever I'm cycling in the countryside.
I briefly had a second job delivering pizzas during the pandemic, which was when CatK was airing. I'm with you, that arc has a specific, "driving all day, on the road again," feel for me, too

A lot of memories of this show that usually amount to nothing more than, "listening to On The Mountaintop and admiring the way the sun was filtering through the windows that day" or, "cleaning up this specific mess at work while listening to Chedder dunk on DeBonesby about his failed Lich ascension", and things like saving the bell ringer episode for my flight back home and listening to it on the airplane during a bunch of turbulence. They're not like, mind-blowing memories but they are some of the first things I think about whenever I think about this show. Big thanks to the cast and crew for bringing this show to life, and a huge thanks to Voidburger for banging a drum for this show because I never would have discovered it otherwise :unsmith:

Edit: holy loving poo poo the lexicon matters song :catstare: :catstare:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 14, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

VERY COOL MAN posted:

rude tales deffo got me through the worst of the pandemic & im having Emotions about the finale being out but i havent listened yet

Same!

I am feeling some feelings now that it's over.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
The big bad being a gangly, mustachioed guy with the power of 30s cartoons feels inevitable in hindsight.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Branson has a very specific fetish and he owns it.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Aaaaaaa I can't believe this campaign is over!!!! I'm gonna miss these crazy kids so much :') I've drawn so much fanart of this drat show, hyperfixated on it through Covid, made a bunch of nice internet buds on the Discord, and simply needed everyone else to know about this incredible thing that made DnD actually look fun to me. Me obsessing over this show somehow lead to me eating the best pork carnitas of my life, made by Chris Hastings, with the rest of the crew (sans Branson and Taylor). I wouldn't be making my own DnD pod if this show didn't happen, nor would I have the standards I have for production and improv without it. It's just wild how much I appreciate this thing, made by brilliantly talented and cool as gently caress people. What a genuine treasure.

Happy Landfill posted:

Big thanks to the cast and crew for bringing this show to life, and a huge thanks to Voidburger for banging a drum for this show because I never would have discovered it otherwise :unsmith:
And I did not expect to show up in this paragraph, lol. :unsmith: Shucks!

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

Aaaaaaa I can't believe this campaign is over!!!! I'm gonna miss these crazy kids so much :') I've drawn so much fanart of this drat show, hyperfixated on it through Covid, made a bunch of nice internet buds on the Discord, and simply needed everyone else to know about this incredible thing that made DnD actually look fun to me. Me obsessing over this show somehow lead to me eating the best pork carnitas of my life, made by Chris Hastings, with the rest of the crew (sans Branson and Taylor). I wouldn't be making my own DnD pod if this show didn't happen, nor would I have the standards I have for production and improv without it. It's just wild how much I appreciate this thing, made by brilliantly talented and cool as gently caress people. What a genuine treasure.

And I did not expect to show up in this paragraph, lol. :unsmith: Shucks!

It makes sense to me that Hastings cooks some mean carnitas

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

The big bad being a gangly, mustachioed guy with the power of 30s cartoons feels inevitable in hindsight.

him disappearing within 20 minutes of introduction also felt inevitable tbh

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Good job Stirf :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

RandolphCarter posted:

Good job Stirf :unsmith:

i really thoroughly enjoyed the finale, especially virginia avoiding the ultimate dark fate of "being a cop," but im a little crestfallen stirfry just never really interacted with the main cast again

also, voidb, skulltenders kicks rear end so far. visk is appreciably tim platt coded while also doing their own thing & i love that!!!