Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I finished levelling Gunbreaker today and man, my opinion of that job swung -hard- between when I unlocked it and now. I hated and bounced off it at least three times before, but this time I stuck it out until I got Continuation and from then on I had a blast. Love it at 90

I'm kind of scared to pick it back up again, I leveled it to 90 and then barely touched it since and now I have no idea what the billion buttons it has do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Kazy posted:

I'm kind of scared to pick it back up again, I leveled it to 90 and then barely touched it since and now I have no idea what the billion buttons it has do.

Read your tooltips, assign your buttons, find a striking dummy, and slap it around a bit. Then queue in for 90s until you got it.

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I finished levelling Gunbreaker today and man, my opinion of that job swung -hard- between when I unlocked it and now. I hated and bounced off it at least three times before, but this time I stuck it out until I got Continuation and from then on I had a blast. Love it at 90

Having played both, Gunbreaker's burst phase is a sane person's version of Ninja's burst phase.

That being said Continuation is one of the best feeling buttons to press in game.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's even better when it's rolled into a sigle button. :v:

But yeah, even besides that, gunbreaker is my favourite tank for sure.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh, turns out Eureka gets a bit more entertaining if you defeat social anxiety and join a group. Even if they were trying to spawn end NM while I was 5 levels bellow it was still fun and I could help pop some lower NMs.

...the 29-31 stretch sucks for challenge log entries though, the most available ashkin are level 32 and most sprites are in the 34 range so soloing them is a bit dangerous.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Huh, turns out Eureka gets a bit more entertaining if you defeat social anxiety and join a group. Even if they were trying to spawn end NM while I was 5 levels bellow it was still fun and I could help pop some lower NMs.

...the 29-31 stretch sucks for challenge log entries though, the most available ashkin are level 32 and most sprites are in the 34 range so soloing them is a bit dangerous.

Yes! Foray content is 100% better as a group. In fact, there's a goon group called Krile Krew that helps out with Eureka, Bozja, and Blue Mage stuff. You can search this thread for posts containing krile krew for the discord link. You should absolutely always do Eureka/Bozja with a group if you can.

Note that even if you're not free on one of the "official" runtimes, you can just holler in that discord any time of day and probably get a half dozen people to do whatever with you Eureka/Bozja/Blu related.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yes! Foray content is 100% better as a group. In fact, there's a goon group called Krile Krew that helps out with Eureka, Bozja, and Blue Mage stuff. You can search this thread for posts containing krile krew for the discord link. You should absolutely always do Eureka/Bozja with a group if you can.

Note that even if you're not free on one of the "official" runtimes, you can just holler in that discord any time of day and probably get a half dozen people to do whatever with you Eureka/Bozja/Blu related.

Oh yeah, I know about them and they provide a great service. I'd just, uh, have to do some Discord adjustments first. And get over my social anxiety, mainly I didn't group up cause I'm low level and still have to grind to get full contribution from popping stuff but today I just asked a group for a NM, and stayed, sometimes killing mobs my level for challenge log and sometimes helping them pop NM when monsters were on my range.

Pagos still sucks but I've warmed up on it, also King Crab having Thunderer as a theme is great, even the devs knew Speed Belt/Blitzring was Serious Business.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 15, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Oh yeah, I know about them and they provide a great service. I'd just, uh, have to do some Discord adjustments first. And get over my social anxiety, mainly I didn't group up cause I'm low level and still have to grind to get full contribution from popping stuff but today I just asked a group for a NM, and stayed, sometimes killing mobs my level for challenge log and sometimes helping them pop NM when monsters were on my range.

Pagos still sucks but I've warmed up on it, also King Crab having Thunderer as a theme is great, even the devs knew Speed Belt/Blitzring was Serious Business.

I mean, I get anxiety and social fears. We're all goons, afterall.

Krile Krew specializes in helping to level low level people and group similarly situated people together. Frida has personally deleveled countless times on main or alt accounts so that they could run around and level up lower level goons. You not being at max level for a zone isn't an issue.

If you don't want to feel any big pressure to ask people to go with you on an off time, just be logged in friday night and run with them then. There's a crossworld linkshell as well, I believe, that could fix the discord issue.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you don't have to get on mic for krile crew, ive done several saturdays just listening to the disc. vert and the others are very good about guiding you where to go and what to do via discord

rye on white
May 5, 2013

i think i dont want to fish ever again

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

rye on white posted:

i think i dont want to fish ever again

That's not very Big Fish of you pardner. Get back out there.

rye on white
May 5, 2013
im sorry cap'n! i just need to rest! ill get back at it tomorrow!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

i'm destroyed. i thought louhi was gonna be an ice magical girl, not an rear end in a top hat with Lardboard/Starboard syndrome

On a more serious note, almost level 35 in pagos and actually managed to beat Louhi once!

Problem is I still need 18 protean crystals for the weapon :negative: (At least I should get enough crystals to buy the 3 remaining Ice for the final stage)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

My cat seems to love jumping on my desk when I'm progging savage/ults, and my old savage static kept joking that she was actually the one the got my P8S clear, so I commissioned these two pieces:

Love her but having to weave picking up your cat between your GCDs really affects your parse.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i actually stopped raiding because i had to lock my cat out of my room for similar reasons and it broke my heart

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'll have to find a group that does this on Aether because man, nothing in Bozja is fun (or possible) for me to do solo. And every PF I see for DR basically says "bring the best actions and know what to do" which I am... not

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

FuturePastNow posted:

I'll have to find a group that does this on Aether because man, nothing in Bozja is fun (or possible) for me to do solo. And every PF I see for DR basically says "bring the best actions and know what to do" which I am... not

you can server travel over to primal. krile krew does delubrum reginae normals on request for story. glad to help get you setup for DRN clears or for progging in save the queen content https://discord.gg/DJmq3VAe8q

or if you'd prefer, ABBA does foray content on the regular over on aether: https://discord.gg/VYaX2w9p

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 16, 2023

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

For DR, if you bring a Pure Essence appropriate for your role you're already 90% of the way there.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I've got one pure essence for healers.... getting them sucks!

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Zeruel posted:

you can buy pure essences with clusters! healers are especially good at generating clusters, with a combination of essence of the profane, seraph strike & lost burst. you just shred robots in StQ content.

for delubrum reginae normal, i'd recommend healers use essence of the profane or aetherweaver, anyways - divine doesn't have a significant damage bonus on it and is only useful to bring in delreg savage.

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 16, 2023

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

watching people experience DRN for the first time is usually one of the bright spots of my weekly clear. My favorite are the profuse apologizers

shoot the PF lead a tell, they'll more than likely tell you it's cool if you let them know you're new

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Just use a valid essence for your role (NOT a defensive-only one, those are useless due to Thrice-Come-Ruin), and any damage actions you have. Steelsing/Spellforge can equate to a lot of damage if nothing else in DRN. Shell/Protect is never a bad idea if you're poor.

That's it, you've done more than 90% of pubbies.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Roluth posted:

Just use a valid essence for your role (NOT a defensive-only one, those are useless due to Thrice-Come-Ruin), and any damage actions you have. Steelsing/Spellforge can equate to a lot of damage if nothing else in DRN. Shell/Protect is never a bad idea if you're poor.

That's it, you've done more than 90% of pubbies.

steelsting/spellforge does nothing in DRN, no boss has affinities for physical or magical damage. you'll only find those affinities in the field content and inside CLL & Dalriada, or in DRS they're mandatory to clear queensguard.

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 16, 2023

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Frida Call Me posted:

steelsting/spellforge does nothing in DRN, no boss has affinities for physical or magical damage. you'll only find those affinities in the field content and inside CLL & Dalriada, or in DRS they're mandatory to clear queensguard.

Yeah, I haven't been in there for a while, so I misremembered. I remember Banish III being super good for the ghost boss, at least.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Roluth posted:

Yeah, I haven't been in there for a while, so I misremembered. I remember Banish III being super good for the ghost boss, at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/o9baoa/speedrunning_delebrum_reginae_normal_how_to_clear/ this guide pretty much covers every useful action you can bring to a DRN

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm salty... all I need is 10 NM crystals to finish the Pagos Relic after spending an hour or so grinding to 35 and doing NMs with a cool group but it's too late for people to go into Eureka. Yeah, next time I can just do 1 NM and done but man, imagine leaving Pagos behind.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Frida Call Me posted:

you can server travel over to primal. krile krew does delubrum reginae normals on request for story. glad to help get you setup for DRN clears or for progging in save the queen content https://discord.gg/DJmq3VAe8q

or if you'd prefer, ABBA does foray content on the regular over on aether: https://discord.gg/VYaX2w9p

I'll have to take you up on that sometime. Probably after Thanksgiving. I did DRN once (and died about 20 times) then saw that I needed three more ranks to get the next story quest... it took me about two years to get to that point, so I can't claim to be in a hurry.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Does anyone do the Bozja savage raids I wonder? I'm not interested personally but its kind of interesting they exist

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah. It's not as popular as BA though but there are discords that organize runs for DR Savage.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

Does anyone do the Bozja savage raids I wonder? I'm not interested personally but its kind of interesting they exist

https://discord.gg/gjyeXgDx
lego steppers does about 4-5 DR savage runs a week - they take about 3-4 hours but they're "anyprog", so you can show up completely blind and people will do their best to help you get the clear. as long as you bring what they require (they list this clearly), you're free to join any of their runs

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tekopo posted:

My cat seems to love jumping on my desk when I'm progging savage/ults, and my old savage static kept joking that she was actually the one the got my P8S clear, so I commissioned these two pieces:

Love her but having to weave picking up your cat between your GCDs really affects your parse.

Aww, I love cats :3:

When I had a cat they'd just nap on my bed as I played games.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

delubrum reginae normal was horrible when it was current content, on account of 20 out of 24 players bringing defensive essences and actions like protect or stoneskin, so every run would take 45 to 55 minutes. even with the mandatory wait time nowadays runs are so much faster because now it's usually 4 out of 8 players bringing nothing so the contribution of the try-hards is proportionally much bigger.

Zeruel posted:

while frida mentioned other essences are a dps gain over pures for healers, forgotten fragments of divinity are still a good purchase for healers because lost seraph strike is amazing. slap on an essence of the profane and lost seraph strike and you'll out-dps roughly 95% of the players in any given bozja instance by 1000%. it also completely tanks your ability to heal, but that's a them-problem, not a me-problem.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

a cartoon duck posted:

while frida mentioned other essences are a dps gain over pures for healers, forgotten fragments of divinity are still a good purchase for healers because lost seraph strike is amazing. slap on an essence of the profane and lost seraph strike and you'll out-dps roughly 95% of the players in any given bozja instance by 1000%. it also completely tanks your ability to heal, but that's a them-problem, not a me-problem.

their them problem can be easily remedied by running lost cures. they forgot to nerf the lost cure potency in foray content when they did the endwalker stat squish, so lost cure IV with some succor rays will full heal an entire party from 1hp to full.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Any recommendations on Logograms to buy before starting Pyros? Since today I'll probably finish the Pagos relic and be able to move on. Been doing it as RDM to always be able to rez until now.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Any recommendations on Logograms to buy before starting Pyros? Since today I'll probably finish the Pagos relic and be able to move on. Been doing it as RDM to always be able to rez until now.

conceptuals and fundamentals. if you join krile krew we'll just give you a bunch.
for solo leveling in pyros, make Wisdom of the Platebearer, use this website to find mutating mobs 1 above your level https://eureka.fernehalwes.org/ and grind them out, using eurekan potions to stay alive. at elvl38, catch up on quests and you can make a dual-plate, that is, logos actions on both sides. you can then make a platebearer+protect plate and feel quite sturdy aoeing mobs 1 above you. you can reflect farm at 40, but i'd suggest waiting until 41 or 42. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMx6ltYTw4A

alternatively join krile krew and we'll get you elvl35-50 in about 2 hours this saturday night.

here have a logos action quick-reference.

Tank
Wisdom of the Martialist - from Conceptual logograms - increases all damage by 40%
Wisdom of the Guardian - from Protective logograms or make with Wisdom of the Platebearer + Stoneskin L - Reduces damage taken by 45% and increases max hp by 10%
DPS
Wisdom of the Skirmisher - from Offensive logograms or make with Wisdom of the Martialist + Feint L - increases all damage by 20%
Wisdom of the Platebearer - from Conceptual logograms - increases defense by 3000!!! flat points and max HP by 50%.
Healers
Wisdom of the Aetherweaver - from Conceptual logograms - increases all damage by 60%
Wisdom of the Platebearer - from Conceptual logograms - increases defense by 3000!!! flat points and max HP by 50%.
Any job
Protect L - from Fundamental logograms - large increase to physical defense, 30min
Shell L - from Mitigative logograms OR make with protect L & esuna L - increases magic defense. same as above, but works against most raidwides, most mob aoes, and even some mob autoattacks (like sprites).
Reflect L - combine wisdom of the ordained + protect L+ shell L - Reflects all spells back at their caster. Necessary for reflect farming sprites. One person can cover this for a whole group starting at level 40, but ideally start at 42 in Pyros or 59 in Hydatos. 10s duration, 99 uses.
Paralyze 3 L - combine 3x para L, OR combine para L + spirit dart L - applies 60s duration paralysis in an aoe, 99 uses. Use for difficult prep, like Skoll/Penny/Ceto/PW! Don't use on mutating/adapting mobs!
Bloodbath L - from Offensive logograms - 45s 100% life leech on damage dealt . 60s cooldown, 30 uses. Practically mandatory for mass-pulling mobs over your level on tank.
Raise L - from Fundamental logograms - 99 use rez, great if your party lacks a healer/rdm/smn

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Nov 16, 2023

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Alder posted:

Aww, I love cats :3:

When I had a cat they'd just nap on my bed as I played games.

My cat also sits on my bed when I am on the computer.

Sometimes, she sits on my lap. If I put my legs up; she'll sit there.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

My cat is very much a side cat, doesn't enjoy laps, but likes to be close to people, so the desk it is. Also, cat tax:

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Don't have a pic of her handy as it's been almost a decade since she passed, but I once had a cat who would lie down between my monitor and my keyboard and just gently place a paw on one of my hands. She was sweet but loved to pretend she was aloof, even though she'd always follow me around the house.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I love all the good kitties :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My cat likes to tap me on the shoulder when its almost dinnertime and I haven't fed him yet. Hasn't messed me up in Final Fantasy yet but he's definitely jumpscared me in horror games before.

I've caught him in the act, even: