Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/NewRockstars/status/1724259584578314447

90sgamer posted:

Marvel movies are made for kids dude
Absolutely but they sometimes go kinda edgy like saying "gently caress" and the like, it's good to ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

90sgamer posted:

Marvel movies are made for kids dude

I agree. The whole discussion started when I told my wife I wanted to take him to the movie and she commented about the violence in Marvel movies. Then she went back to her TV crime shows. Y'know, where every episode ends with a cop screaming "PUT DOWN THE GUN" as a terrorist serial killer is holding a gun to a crying child.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

Okay yeah that's pretty good. :hmmyes: He probably saw the scene in Terminator 2 where Arnold degloves his arm flesh or something on YouTube already when you weren't looking.

I saw it in the theater when I was 9 :coolfish:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Famous kids movies, Blade and Deadpool

I'm reminded of when Blockbuster got anime, then quickly realized that Hello Kitty and Legend of the Overfiend maybe aren't both for general audiences, but they weren't sure how to tell for sure so they just put content warning stickers on ALL anime and then my mom wouldn't even let me rent Sailor Moon or whatever because Blockbuster said it was bad

Ok I don't know what I'm saying anymore but "X is for kids lol" has always been a dumb generalization

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your mother was right.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1724789505910272449?s=20

It's Ms. Morbin time.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I uh guess it looks better than Morbius?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They are legitimately doing the stupid loving spider totem storyline huh. And that's gonna tie into the Kraven movie since he has the blood of a lion or whatever? How are the people behind this getting paid, for real.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Time for the steel spider movie

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

OK, an "evil" spider-man is terrifying. All of the strength and speed, but no morals, no qualms about killing? That's genuinely scary. You show me that, and suddenly JJJ makes a lot of sense.

Are the girls supposed to be Silk, Spider-Woman (I), Spider-woman (II) and lady iron spider? I'm not up on all the various spider-woman variations.

Also, I know it's the same company, but this is being put out under the Columbia Pictures studio and not SONY specifically? That is an interesting move.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm loving disassociating right now. The leftovers casserole of cinema right there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Final Destination but Death is an evil Spider-Man is a better elevator pitch than Morb at least

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Also, I know it's the same company, but this is being put out under the Columbia Pictures studio and not SONY specifically? That is an interesting move.

There is no general Sony Pictures. All their major releases are Columbia.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The blonde is probably Julia Carpenter. I think I heard someone say Julia in the trailer.

But having Ezekiel in there is a choice for sure. They're opening a whole can of worms there.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
A "superhero" movie where every character except the lead character ends up in a costume at some point is...at least kinda unique?

I actually don't think this premise is too bad -- lady sees the future! Action sequences ensue! -- but Dakota Johnson kinda is? Bad, I mean? I haven't really seen her in a lot of stuff but like her acting is godawful here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's could definitely be a big can of worms, but from the pitch it just kinda sounds like a little magic/multiverse on a jungle spider to get an Evil Spider-man on screen. Absolutely more into this than kraven or morbius at least, like, if it's not too up its own rear end then an act or 2 of just Run Away From Evil Spider-man Murdering You would be sick as hell.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I was under the impression that this film was still in development hell (where it belongs). I had no idea it was already in the trailer stage.

Doesn't look great, but I was expecting it to look a lot worse.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
At first I thought the evil spider-man was Shathra infected multiverse spider-man, and was slightly down with that. Then he said Ezekiel Simms and I wanted to die.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's Anya, Mattie Franklin, and Julia Carpenter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

maybeadracula posted:

Famous kids movies, Blade and Deadpool

I'm reminded of when Blockbuster got anime, then quickly realized that Hello Kitty and Legend of the Overfiend maybe aren't both for general audiences, but they weren't sure how to tell for sure so they just put content warning stickers on ALL anime and then my mom wouldn't even let me rent Sailor Moon or whatever because Blockbuster said it was bad

Ok I don't know what I'm saying anymore but "X is for kids lol" has always been a dumb generalization

Sheesh I saw Jurassic Park like ten times in theaters when I was 7, was watching Terminator 2 and Aliens at home by like 9 or 10, blade came out when I was 12. I'm starting to feel bad for how sheltered kids these days are getting

Oh yeah the madam web movie looks bad but no surprise there

site fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 15, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, there are like 20 different spider-women in 616 alone and the movie seems to focus on those I am least familiar with. I guess I'm sort familiar with Anja Corazon, but I've never heard of Julia Carpenter or the other one.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 15, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

The blonde is probably Julia Carpenter. I think I heard someone say Julia in the trailer.

But having Ezekiel in there is a choice for sure. They're opening a whole can of worms there.

I mean he seems to be Ezekiel in name only. He is acting more like Morlun

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

It's Anya, Mattie Franklin, and Julia Carpenter.

Wow, Mattie Franklin is a weird pull. The other two not so much.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Man, there are like 20 different spider-women out there and the movie seems to focus on those I am least familiar with. I guess I'm sort familiar with Anja Corazon, but I've never heard of Julia Carpenter or the other one.

Julia Carpenter was the Spider-Woman after Jessica Drew. Currently she is Madame Web.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Sorry I'm just stupidly fascinated by whatever process is leading to these "we have Spider-Man at home" destined-for-the-bargain-DVD-bin movies Sony is putting out. If you don't have someone with Tom Hardy's gonzo charisma in the middle of these what is even the point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

X-O posted:

Julia Carpenter was the Spider-Woman after Jessica Drew. Currently she is Madame Web.

So, the main character of this movie is someone who already retired in 616 and Julia is someone I've technically seen in comics before. Got it.

I really don't think I care about those characters and want Cindy, Jessica and Gwen instead. Anya is theoretically fine though, but she comes with so much baggage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, there are like 20 different spider-women in 616 alone and the movie seems to focus on those I am least familiar with. I guess I'm sort familiar with Anja Corazon, but I've never heard of Julia Carpenter or the other one.

This trailer led me to a wikidive and find out that they killed off Madame Web 13 years ago and Julia Carpenter has had the role since. She's done like 3 things, and one of those things is get into a coma then wake up from the coma a few years later.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I was really excited for this project until I saw that trailer. Nothing's gelling here at all and it killed all the brain momentum I had for it. Maybe I'll see something in the next 3 months to change my mind about it but...woof.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
That Madame Web movie looks like poo poo strained through a colander

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Maybe I'll see something in the next 3 months to change my mind about it but...woof.

According to IMDB Adam Scott is in it as Ben Parker but I have no idea which one. He's a good actor though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eh, it looks better than Kraven at least

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Opopanax posted:

Eh, it looks better than Kraven at least

I actually disagree.

At least whatshisface is giving it an effort. Dakota Johnson sounds like she’s reading her lines for the first time.

Kraven looks like it could be a fun bad movie. Madame Web looks like a 90 minute movie that feels like a 270 minute movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm happy to see the Spider-Girls all in costume. The black suit looks cool from the brief look. But I'm worried we're only gonna see them for like 5 minutes. Anya is one of my favorites too so it's cool to see her.

However this does seem to confirm the leaks which are hilarious.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m sorry but I would watch Kraven and Morbius before I watch whatever the hell that is

This got greenlit but the Silver Sable/Black Cat one didn’t?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Morlun & family are definitely the bad guys here, and Simms is a misdirect right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm happy to see the Spider-Girls all in costume. The black suit looks cool from the brief look. But I'm worried we're only gonna see them for like 5 minutes. Anya is one of my favorites too so it's cool to see her.

However this does seem to confirm the leaks which are hilarious.

What leaks are those?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

According to IMDB Adam Scott is in it as Ben Parker but I have no idea which one. He's a good actor though.

Yeah, he's in the trailer for half a second as Cassandra's EMT partner

There's a lot of decent to good people in the cast but what's being shown here is no one's A game or even C game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Soul Glo posted:

That Madame Web movie looks like poo poo strained through a colander

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m sorry but I would watch Kraven and Morbius before I watch whatever the hell that is

This got greenlit but the Silver Sable/Black Cat one didn’t?

I guess I'm the odd one out this time, it actually looked interesting to me.

But I dropped out of Spider-Man comics at Maximum Carnage so I avoided the totem storylines.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

If there's a serial killer Spider-Man on the loose, just send Captain America and El Santo after him. Everyone knows this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

srypher posted:

Morlun & family are definitely the bad guys here, and Simms is a misdirect right?

Almost 100%. Either he's ACTUALLY Morlun or the plot is "he's trying to serial kill spider totems as part of a plot to starve Morlun to death."

Either way it appears to be mostly an excuse to do Spider-Man as a horror monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ImpAtom posted:

Either way it appears to be mostly an excuse to do Spider-Man as a horror monster.

Make it a double feature with The Guest.