Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

i say swears online posted:

zoomers think they can just whatsapp their congressman instead of attend their baseball practice like a real change-maker

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

There was some article posted here just the other day about how staffers were getting all of these threats and angry correspondence but any attempt helping their congreepreson understand how furious their voters were was met with hostility if not termination

Like I get that a of these staffers are failsons and hearing angry voicemails from voters is not actual trauma, but congress has such absolute contempt for the people they serve that this only serves to make them double down

i can't remember what chapo episode it was where they had a guy share stories of working on capitol hill.

there was one congressman who would say stuff like "IM THE CREEPER" and crawl around the room, and another who ended a press interview with 'now if you excuse me, I need to go potty'

youre right the interns are probably in the ivy league pipeline and deserve it, but man what a freakshow

e: nevermind the separate story of the capitol hill bar where as a child Lindsay Graham would entertain congressmen in a little cowboy costume

Durf has issued a correction as of 08:30 on Nov 15, 2023

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Amber Frost is back on the latest Chapo.

They talk about that one incest horror short Ari Aster made.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

There was some article posted here just the other day about how staffers were getting all of these threats and angry correspondence but any attempt helping their congreepreson understand how furious their voters were was met with hostility if not termination

Like I get that a of these staffers are failsons and hearing angry voicemails from voters is not actual trauma, but congress has such absolute contempt for the people they serve that this only serves to make them double down

That's pretty much the premise of every Armando Iannucci political comedy ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJEI7U_wrKg

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Which is the city in Italy that had to open American style pizza restaurants because the Americans hated what pizza actually is? Was it Naples or Rome?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
The best pizzas where I am aren't from italian restaurants they're from kebab shops, I'll take a spicy chicken and lamb pizza from a tiny kebab shop over a fancy italian pizza anyday.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I see Chapo is going for the Three Stooges strategy of bringing back Shemp after Curley's stroke

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Which is the city in Italy that had to open American style pizza restaurants because the Americans hated what pizza actually is? Was it Naples or Rome?

lol at "had to"

get better at making pizza, italianos

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

The opposite. Domino's tried to open shops in Italy and they bombed hard.

If I had to guess, I'd say Rome because it's way more of a tourist haven and American pizza is derived from the Neapolitan-style.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
In Naples, "Americano" pizza was that poo poo with french fries and cut up hot dogs. I went across the street to McDonald's. Hope they got some good American chains, loving Godfather's would have been preferable to what was on offer :lofty:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The best pizza only has, and only needs, cheese and red sauce. Toppings = casserole

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Frosted Flake posted:

Yes, but I was born and raised Catholic.

It's the "Tolle Tweet" part that is unusual to me.

dumb bitch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

The best pizza only has, and only needs, cheese and red sauce. Toppings = casserole

anchovies FTW

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

🤌🏽🤌🏽🤌🏽

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Everything Jack Chick says about the catholics is correct

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Durf posted:

e: nevermind the separate story of the capitol hill bar where as a child Lindsay Graham would entertain congressmen in a little cowboy costume

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smythe posted:

anchovies FTW

on weeknights I like making pasta with a store bought sauce, but adding a couple cans of white anchovies, chopped olives, and capers, maybe top with parsley if I got any. briny, semi-homemade...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Stav is like Vince Clarke after leaving Depeche Mode, he went on to do good work and the band was good with out him.
:hmmyes:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

on weeknights I like making pasta with a store bought sauce, but adding a couple cans of white anchovies, chopped olives, and capers, maybe top with parsley if I got any. briny, semi-homemade...

Puttanesca is delicious and super easy and its name is fun to translate

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

I know my brain is hosed because I heard Will say that poo poo about Bigfoot being fake because no one can film him and I instantly thought of the interdimensional angle before Jack even said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax0MGlIVjiY

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
yall like the moth?????

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Puttanesca is delicious and super easy and its name is fun to translate

drat this looks awesome

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Pizza was invented in america. We know what it actually is. Theres a marxist Italian professor who’s getting death threats for proving it.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslO9WIilJY&t=8s

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

i say swears online posted:

zoomers think they can just whatsapp their congressman instead of attend their baseball practice like a real change-maker

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

fr0id posted:

important for communication and common ground, duh. almost no one likes the hard science guy who says every superstition is bullshit and ghosts are just our brains loving up. even in therapy for people with schizophrenia you get nowhere by arguing and challenging delusions. They’re important because a ton of people believe in them and even if you want an ideal society that doesn’t you have to carefully consider how you change those beliefs.
Wow, I never considered that a schizophrenic might disagree with my worldview. This changes everything.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Personally, nothing good has ever come from listening to other people or caring what they think

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Smythe posted:

she was good on the show and should reclaim her fourth mic forthwith

i think her schedule is too full in hanging out with cryptofash and tradcath wannabes and attending bari weiss' "free speech" events to shuffle back into chapo full time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Euphoriaphone posted:

i think her schedule is too full in hanging out with cryptofash and tradcath wannabes and attending bari weiss' "free speech" events to shuffle back into chapo full time.

Oh no, not cryptofash.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
What's a podcast without a problematic fave

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Well there's your problem

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Euphoriaphone posted:

Is she friends with Sam Hyde now or something?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

fr0id posted:

important for communication and common ground, duh. almost no one likes the hard science guy who says every superstition is bullshit and ghosts are just our brains loving up. even in therapy for people with schizophrenia you get nowhere by arguing and challenging delusions. They’re important because a ton of people believe in them and even if you want an ideal society that doesn’t you have to carefully consider how you change those beliefs.

I feel like different things are conflated in posts like this. Is it rude to start arguments with people about superstition? Usually, yeah. I'm not going to just start fights with people about whether ghosts (or any other supernatural subject) are real.

But I'm also not going to loving lie about my beliefs. I don't think lying is a good foundation for productive communication! If I like/respect the person I'm talking with I'll first try to change the subject (this is what I usually do in person), but if they insist on talking about it I'm not going to pretend that it isn't bullshit.

This just seems like the spiritual version of people who accuse you of being cynical if you don't agree with their political views. The "no one likes a debbie downer" stuff just seems like a passive admission that you realize your beliefs wouldn't hold up to scrutiny.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Well there's your problem

Alice once said Russia invading Ukraine was bad

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

What is do people think cryptofash is

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

amber 👏 is 👏 cancelled 👏 sis 👏 and 👏 thats 👏 the 👏 TEA 💅

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Accusing people of doing cryptofascism is a McCarthyism...

Fascists are people who disagree with me, cryptofascists are people who agree with me whom I wish to discredit for any other opinions they might eventually have that diverge from that

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Dokapon Findom posted:

Calling someone a "retard" online.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Dokapon Findom posted:

A cryptofascist is a fascist on the block chain obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Anna isn't crypto anything.