Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I feel like regardless of the actual winrate, they are going to have to nuke excavate warlock. It's not unbeatable, but the decks that can beat it (hyper aggro and control decks with hand disruption) mean that we are going to quickly settle into a control meta and snuff out all of the midrangey decks (which is a ton of this expansion - druid, shaman, pally, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’ll probably be good enough if they just change the snake to do 10 damage and heal 10, and touch nothing else in Excavate Warlock. Still a good strategy but armor and healing will actually let you survive it

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
what is the best pack opening order now? does it go standard > showdown expac > class > ?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Won my first seven matches with dragon druid to get to Diamond, the game is good again.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Last King posted:

what is the best pack opening order now? does it go standard > showdown expac > class > ?

As a corollary to this, if you haven't played in years and were going to drop 30-40 bucks on packs, which of the many options in the store are the best value?

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Bought the 10 catch up and 5 exp pcks for 1500 gold, I thought that the catch up packs only contained cards you didn't have? They all contained 5 cards and I got several that I could swear I had 2 copies of already, ended up getting 365 dust for the bundle.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Firebert posted:

I feel like regardless of the actual winrate, they are going to have to nuke excavate warlock. It's not unbeatable, but the decks that can beat it (hyper aggro and control decks with hand disruption) mean that we are going to quickly settle into a control meta and snuff out all of the midrangey decks (which is a ton of this expansion - druid, shaman, pally, etc)

Yeah I don't see it lasting in its current form either. Especially if the curse variant of the deck becomes dominant.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

The concoction one? It seems fine to me

I've not once been able to excavate 8 times to trigger the good part of the treasure. I find myself having to use my resources to survive...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I'm recanting my statement of Thunderbringer being the worst freebie legendary ever. Summoning Glugg and Walking Mountain is pretty sweet.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’ve never once felt like the sunwell legendary did anything but make hand management a headache

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Boatswain posted:

I've not once been able to excavate 8 times to trigger the good part of the treasure. I find myself having to use my resources to survive...

drilly and breakdance can make it easy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Blizzard.... where is my "Howdy... howdy.... howdy" annoy-o-tron card

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

19 games/79% WR (Plat 6) with this deck and not ONCE has my Staff of Frogs been removed.

Didn't even see a single ETC.

And I just tested it so you don't have to:
The status of your summoned frogs does not carry over if you play a second Doc Halli'dae and get a new weapon. It resets to 1/1 frogs.
Which I have mixed feelings about, considering how the card text is worded.

Considering dropping Shock Hopper, he has messed up my Glugg pull from Thunderbringer twice when I wasn't paying attention.
Swap with Red Herring maybe?

### **Rrribbit**
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (1) Cold Storage
# 1x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 1x (1) Lightning Reflexes
# 1x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 1x (1) Schooling
# 1x (1) Shock Hopper
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Amphibious Elixir
# 1x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Cactus Cutter
# 1x (2) Dryscale Deputy
# 1x (2) Flash of Lightning
# 1x (2) Gold Panner
# 1x (3) Dehydrate
# 1x (3) Gaslight Gatekeeper
# 1x (3) Hex
# 1x (3) Turn the Tides
# 1x (5) Altered Chord
# 1x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 1x (5) Crash of Thunder
# 1x (5) Doctor Holli'dae
# 1x (6) Golganneth, the Thunderer
# 1x (6) Horn of the Windlord
# 1x (7) Giant Tumbleweed!!!
# 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (8) Thunderbringer
# 1x (9) Walking Mountain
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAYHaAx6vnwT5nwTlsATgtQTptgS/zgTGzgTpowXipAW+0AX26AXN7gWN9QXK+AXL+AWH+wX5jAavjQazjQaFjgbslQbqmAbrmAbOnAarnQatnQaangbmngb2owavqAYAAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 15, 2023

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Thread title is very appropriate for that Zola/Bounce/Snake Warlock deck. Can't even heal past the 20, so you're hosed on the next turn

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Last King posted:

Catch-up then class then standard then badlands then redeem stuff from the tavern pass.

RVT posted:

As a corollary to this, if you haven't played in years and were going to drop 30-40 bucks on packs, which of the many options in the store are the best value?

This one is a little harder to answer because it depends on your collection (and gaps therein), region, platform(mobile pays a premium etc), and the store itself doesn’t show all the same offers to everyone.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Loving excavate Warlock. Played a bit of dragon Druid, didn't click with me. On the lookout for an excavate weapon rogue list, I think it might be a real degen deck to crush greed.

### snake
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) Chaotic Consumption
# 2x (1) Fracking
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Smokestack
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Greedy Partner
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Saloon Brewmaster
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Mortal Eradication
# 2x (3) Reverberations
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Mo'arg Drillfist
# 2x (5) Burrow Buster
# 1x (7) Tram Conductor Gerry
#
AAECAZ2rBATlsASW1ATu/QWnqAYNnKAEyOsF+vkF8YAGkIMGyoMG0IMG2JgG75sGhJ4Gz54G16IG+KMGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

fanny packrat posted:

Loving excavate Warlock. Played a bit of dragon Druid, didn't click with me. On the lookout for an excavate weapon rogue list, I think it might be a real degen deck to crush greed.

It's fun to play except the mirror match is kind of a drag and so far that's more than 50% of the decks I've faced today.

Anyone else get weird graphical slowdown when playing the snake?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
If you want to get ahead of the curve while piloting snek warlock, include a chaddius so you can just do your thing in a single turn once you hit 10 mana and even polarity.

### diggy hole
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Smokestack
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Saloon Brewmaster
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Forge of Wills
# 1x (3) Mortal Eradication
# 2x (3) Reverberations
# 2x (4) Imposing Anubisath
# 2x (4) Mo'arg Drillfist
# 2x (5) Burrow Buster
# 2x (6) Doomkin
# 1x (7) Dar'Khan Drathir
# 1x (7) Tram Conductor Gerry
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 1x (9) Sargeras, the Destroyer
# 1x (10) Thaddius, Monstrosity
#
AAECAa35Awb1xwTOkgXCpQX6+QWm+wWnqAYMnKAEyOsF1/oF7f0FzoAG8YAGyoMG0IMG2JgG75sGz54G+KMGAAA=
#

It's just the highest WR warlock on d0nkey.top, but with chad instead of zola. You don't have to do the awkward bounce dance across multiple turns.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
rip

https://twitter.com/GallonHS/status/1724863072505073841

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm really curious how they missed snake in play testing since the deck pretty much builds itself

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Firebert posted:

I'm really curious how they missed snake in play testing since the deck pretty much builds itself

yeah, especially since they thought it prudent to add even more brewmasters to the set for maximum consistency. wonder what the nerf will be though, how they decide to balance this without killing it.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 15, 2023

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I don’t understand why it was stealing from max health too. Lifesteal would have been fine? Still a strong payoff

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

People complain about Azerite snake but naga DH is cancer. Really fun when they clear my 10hp board and deal 28 damage to my face from hand on turn 6. Super fun and interactive gameplay.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The only ethical deck is Rogue Oger

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Rogre

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Scholtz posted:

No ethical Hearthstone except Duels

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Chernabog posted:

People complain about Azerite snake but naga DH is cancer. Really fun when they clear my 10hp board and deal 28 damage to my face from hand on turn 6. Super fun and interactive gameplay.

Yeah it'll get a nerf after warlock I reckon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chernabog posted:

The big difference is there’s actual counter play for DH. For the snake if you can’t kill the Warlock before they can bounce it 3 times then the only counter play is RNG hand disruption like Dirty rat or Theotar

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RatHat posted:

The big difference is there’s actual counter play for DH. For the snake if you can’t kill the Warlock before they can bounce it 3 times then the only counter play is RNG hand disruption like Dirty rat or Theotar

Sort of, having a big board should counter it but they can still deal insane amounts of damage by turn 6.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I played naga DH, if your opponent has 1 taunt alive when you have nothing left but your hero swing, you lose. Dragon Druid is the big counter here, a snapdragon-buffed chain gang needs luck to burst through, a Dragon Golem is a straight up concede. Hilariously, Taunt Warrior also stops you cold.
You get to farm Warlocks though and the ladder is full of them, so climbing is still pretty easy.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
so what's the most broken poo poo we can play right now so i can try to have some fun before they nerf everything into a wet towel again?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
They've already announced that snake warlock gets a hotfix nerf tomorrow, so, that.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Scholtz posted:

Well yeah, that deck is so much fun. Looking forward for a more refinded version.

Playing the Gang Boss 5 times feels so good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the ogre package feels super strong in any class that can duplicate Pud(notably Priest and Rogue, but I bet Shaman could make it work too)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I know a few of you were playing this so here's the latest:

### Beasty Boys 3.0
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Awakening Tremors
# 2x (1) Sneaky Snakes
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAZ/DAwbJFMoU25EE57kEsJMF0/gFDLsF2QnquwKkiAOizgPm7gOU/AODyATA7QSP5AXI9gXLjgYAAA==
#

And here is new Reno Hunter, which is kind of absurdly good:

### Reno Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (1) Awakening Tremors
# 1x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 1x (2) Cat Trick
# 1x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Grievous Bite
# 1x (2) Hidden Meaning
# 1x (2) Ice Trap
# 1x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (2) Selective Breeder
# 1x (2) Snipe
# 1x (2) Wandering Monster
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (2) ZOMBEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 1x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (6) Trial of the Jormungars
# 1x (4) Stormpike Battle Ram
# 1x (4) Theldurin the Lost
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (5) Subject 9
# 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Trial of the Jormungars
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
# 1x (10) Zul'jin
#
AAEBAa/XAyi7Ba4GyRTKFMMW+LECxLQChsMC080C39IChtMCp4IDm4UD/KMDn6UDpqUD6ukD5u4DlPwDq40E25EE458E2KME5aQEma0E57kEg8gEl+8Ep6QF/cQFj+QF6vIF8/IFyPYF0vgF0/gF1/kF1I4GmaEGr6gGAAABA+buA/3EBZT8A/3EBZmhBv3EBQAA
#

kater
Nov 16, 2010

jesus i tried naga dh

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Naga DH feels like old Naga Priest in that they have super explosive games but then you also have the games where both of your sharpshooters are in the bottom 10 cards and you just don't really do much of anything

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Sharpshooter is just a dumb card. Who watches Spitelash make everyone miserable every time it approached constructed relevance for two years and thinks “what the hell, let’s print a better one”? Let’s cut Auctioneer from Core because it only ever causes problems, then print one that costs three mana and also is its own win condition. Nerf every card around Lady S’theno, then S’theno herself, then print a version you can play two copies of.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just play this, saw Jambre go something like 25-2 on stream and climb to top 50 with it:

### Custom Hunter
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Always a Bigger Jormungar
# 2x (1) Thornmantle Musician
# 2x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 2x (2) Absorbent Parasite
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 2x (2) Bestial Madness
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 2x (2) Gold Panner
# 2x (2) Messenger Buzzard
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (4) Azerite Chain Gang
# 2x (4) Stonebound Gargon
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
#
AAECAZerBAKwkwXX+QUO6ukDvOMEp5AFqqQF5soFj+QFmfYFyPYF0vgF5PgF344G/ZQG5ZUGzpwGAAA=
#

I put something just like this together before the new set came out, but Buzzard puts it over the top. It's going to get a lot of traction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That looks cool, here's what I've been having a lot of fun and success with from Hunter in the early meta

### Eggro
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Thornmantle Musician
# 1x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Bestial Madness
# 2x (2) Messenger Buzzard
# 2x (2) Observer of Myths
# 2x (3) Bovine Skeleton
# 2x (3) Fable Stablehand
# 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
# 2x (4) Camouflage Mount
# 2x (4) Twisted Frostwing
# 2x (4) Yelling Yodeler
# 1x (5) Spurfang
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
#
AAECAbv5AwbnuQSwkwWqpAXipAXX+QXTjgYMoJkFhaoF5soF8OgFl/YFm/YFyPYFzY4Gzo4G344G/ZQGgJUGAAA=
#

Mostly because bovine skeleton reminds me of one of my all time favorite janky decks, which was built around Recurring Villain (5 mana 3/6 that resurrects itself if it has 4 or more attack) and Sword of Justice (1/5 weapon whenever you summon a minion give it +1/+1 and lose a durability) for a sticky minion that would resurrect itself over and over