Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Duke

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I do not think NC A+T’s game plan of launching 28-foot 3s is going to help them close this 30-point halftime deficit but props to them for sticking with it

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Turned on the Illini game for them to immediately give up a 9-0 run. I'm gonna just blame Coleman Hawkins for everything

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Cats by 90

bitch

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's unreal how good KJ Adams is turning out to be after being MEAT GUY for his first two years

also Dickinson is tall

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Syracuse scrapes a home game against Colgate, Georgia Tech drops a home game to UMass-Lowell. Gonna be some tiers in the ACC this year

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
This is fun. Both these teams are really good. Kentucky just going crazy from 3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dickinson is bad at defense in general but man he can shoot I'll give him that.

He's gonna get fouled a LOT and his free throws are automatic

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
https://twitter.com/KentuckyMBB/status/1724630715352940888

https://twitter.com/KentuckyMBB/status/1724632556111347727

:catstare:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol twitter not playing in-thread gently caress you elon

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

testing

hmm it doesn't want to parse the fxtwitter or vxtwitter prefixes, those still embed a lot of places

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

UK shooting better from 3 than 2

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

Syracuse scrapes a home game against Colgate, Georgia Tech drops a home game to UMass-Lowell. Gonna be some tiers in the ACC this year

They paid UMass-Lowell $120K while giving up 44 points in the paint.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Rock Chalk! Dickinson can't whine about getting thwacked in the head though, you gotta wear those scrapes with pride.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I like Dickinson, he's going to piss some people off lol

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
That was less fun at the end. Cal stuck with Wagner and Edwards too long despite getting nothing out of them.

Kentucky gonna be good though, especially when they get at least one of their big guys back.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wiltsghost posted:

I like Dickinson, he's going to piss some people off lol

Him showing the other guy’s height and mouthing he’s a baby! While bleeding from the face was certainly a sight to remember if I was playing against him I would probably despise him I think

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

maybe just a bad night but surprised to see USC lose to Irvine

(less surprised to see Stanford lose to Santa Clara)

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

I’m a Michigan fan and can confirm Dickinson’s antics are enjoyable only if he’s on your team. He loves playing the heel, almost to a fault. He can’t help himself

E: The time he put up 30+ on MSU and relentlessly trolled Izzo was amazing

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Apex Rogers posted:

I’m a Michigan fan and can confirm Dickinson’s antics are enjoyable only if he’s on your team. He loves playing the heel, almost to a fault. He can’t help himself

E: The time he put up 30+ on MSU and relentlessly trolled Izzo was amazing

Yeah I won't miss Hunter's lack of defense, but I will miss stuff like this every game:

https://twitter.com/TristanUda/status/1643692815371624453?t=Xqd6Rwesie23Ty6t7sxfhQ&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For what it's worth in his post-game interview he said that Kansas has the most wins in college basketball casually and lmao that had to ruffle some feathers on the Kentucky boards since KU had to vacate a handful of games with the FBI thing so for the time being Kentucky is back in the lead on that. A+ trolling there

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Top of the league seems insanely good this season, could be a fairly chalky E8/F4 this year.

yes this is Purdue cope, you don't need to inform me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Last thoughts on Kentucky though, they have three bigs who didn't play in that game. Aaron Bradshaw (7'1), Ugonna Onyenso (7'0) and Zvonimir Ivisic (7'2).

They're going to be a problem later in the season. Imagine running out three seven footers in waves against Hunter last night that would have changed things a lot.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I only saw the last eight minutes, which wasn't even Kentucky at full swing, but I will say, they in general looked more composed and focused than recent Calipari teams, don't think they'll slump like they did last year. Obviously the inexperience got to them at the very end, but that's a dangerous team, I hate to say.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

kiimo posted:

Last thoughts on Kentucky though, they have three bigs who didn't play in that game. Aaron Bradshaw (7'1), Ugonna Onyenso (7'0) and Zvonimir Ivisic (7'2).

They're going to be a problem later in the season. Imagine running out three seven footers in waves against Hunter last night that would have changed things a lot.

Until I see it I’m standing by my prediction that none of the three will play at all because of “setbacks,” “not yet in game shape,” “ruled ineligible,” etc.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I've been liking this guy's content, for the most part:

https://twitter.com/hoopvision68/status/1724879248140214495?s=20

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Lack of depth definitely hurt Kentucky last night. They played pretty good defense on Dickinson most of the game, but he really took over late. Just one of the big guys to be able to put a body on him probably would have been enough.

Chief McHeath posted:

Until I see it I’m standing by my prediction that none of the three will play at all because of “setbacks,” “not yet in game shape,” “ruled ineligible,” etc.

Throw in "I haven't seen him" for the Calipari bingo.

I hope you're wrong, but I also don't expect to see any of them before January.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

I only saw the last eight minutes, which wasn't even Kentucky at full swing, but I will say, they in general looked more composed and focused than recent Calipari teams, don't think they'll slump like they did last year. Obviously the inexperience got to them at the very end, but that's a dangerous team, I hate to say.

First, you should absolutely rewatch that whole game.

Also that team played in a way I haven't seen Cal's teams play in a while. First deadly shooting. Their two bonafide first rounders went like 1 for 10 or something and they still almost/should have won.

They ran out of gas by the time you started watching, you need to see when they were on fire.

KU's bench was not great and Furphy looked terrible. Both of those things are going to improve this year. Elmarko Jackson too.

Until I see otherwise, Timberlake sucks

KJ Adams is going to feast on insane dunks as teams try to shut Hunter down

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

kiimo posted:

My thoughts exactly.

My concern with this team is too much depth, particularly at the Guard spots to the point where someone will complain about not getting enough minutes and enter the transfer portal next year.

There are a couple of guard lineups that are clearly working though like Dillingham & Shep.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I think one of Calipari's biggest hurdles coaching this year will be getting all of the guards and wings to understand that their minutes might be wildly inconsistent sometimes just because some lineups might be working some nights and not others, a guy might get on a run and have to be on the floor, etc. etc.

Like, just to illustrate I can see any one of them have their minutes-per-game look like 26, 22, 26, 4, 8, 26, 6, 16, 22, 26, 25, 26, 5 and the games with single-digit minutes aren't because they're playing poorly, but just because some other combination of guys that just happens to not include them is playing together super efficiently that night.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou was down 20 at minnesota but came back and won. dennis gates is going to be in demand at some point and i hope missouri spends the money to keep him

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

I know this is only Texas Southern but it’s far from the last poster Ryan Dunn will dish out this year, on top of already being one of the best defenders in the college ranks.

https://twitter.com/cbssportscbb/status/1725312178700386709?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

ultimately think this UVA won’t have enough shooting to really threaten the very best teams but they’re looking surprisingly fun so far

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 18, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Never apologize for posting a dunk that hot.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Woof, Michigan loses at home to Long Beach State. Big ten poopy doodoo this year!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Illini trying their best to lose to valpo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU dismantles St. Mary's 79-54, will play the winner of Washington/Xavier tomorrow

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bryant giving Florida Atlantic a game midway through the second half.

edit: FAU ended up dropping this, probably one of the more inexplicable games this season will see.

elentar fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 19, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Starting to think the Terps might not win the natty this year

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

They might sniff a case of natty ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hahaha what the gently caress Mizzou