Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He’d make a worse president than Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Platystemon posted:

He’d make a worse president than Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho.

Camacho was smart enough to ask smarter people for advice and act on it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
In news that will surprise no one,

https://twitter.com/anders_aslund/status/1724288255275802963?t=yo4cxhwK5WCT2-oAsWiyVw&s=19
https://twitter.com/karolcummins/status/1724530086186250680?t=GdG_0ubOG39w0y3DGN2byQ&s=19

In actually surprising news,
https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1724609010492457091?t=1AiVRX2u3rcCvtK4poRLJw&s=19

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 15, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grip it and rip it posted:

That's not how the constitution works. That law is loving stupid though.

You're right on the latter definitely and you should be right on the former but I have very little faith in "how the constitution works" anymore.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Crab Dad posted:

Camacho was smart enough to ask smarter people for advice and act on it.

Seeks out the very best SME available, doesn't take no for an answer, and then implements what he's told, easily a 90th percentile leader in most of the US

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/alex__han/status/1724780401963495442?t=FhKibAj3Qk_lULjHNEdYDw&s=19

They almost hit bingo if they'd just put something about the company being a family and unions get in the way of family

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
After reading some of the poo poo people go through with their family, I would say some families absolutely need to be unionized.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

welp I thought REI was cool, so much for that.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
Oh God no we might make 8% instead of the projected 9%! Those unions are sucking us dry, don't they know executive bonuses are on the line here?!?!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arrath posted:

It's the best of the maritime provinces, new brunswick can suck it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's the best of the maritime provinces, new brunswick can suck it

Lol

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
REI is organized as a co-op so it's slightly less lovely than a public corporation. But it's also an object lesson in how being a nonprofit or co-op doesn't automagically make you good.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

REI is organized as a co-op so it's slightly less lovely than a public corporation. But it's also an object lesson in how being a nonprofit or co-op doesn't automagically make you good.

Importantly it's a consumer cooperative, which is good, but it's not a worker cooperative, so you still get labor/management relations more or less like you'd find in a normal business.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Britain tried that line, “virtual representation”, in the leadup to the American Revolution.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

the JJ posted:

Importantly it's a consumer cooperative, which is good, but it's not a worker cooperative, so you still get labor/management relations more or less like you'd find in a normal business.

Ah, yes. I should have clarified that. Thanks.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

:eyepop:

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

the JJ posted:

Here is an American perspective to a major Finnish retail cooperative. Interesting comparisons to REI with the management reward structure and how the management is chosen and so on.

https://www.peoplespolicyproject.org/2023/10/11/inside-the-walmart-of-finland

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Arrath posted:

REI is designed to be superficially appealing to its customer base. the people that buy expensive touch grass gear generally like the idea of a coop

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1724850080098799653

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MTG is going to come down and say, "We're fast tracking fascism in America! That's good, right?"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Chip Roy is a cool name.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

REI is designed to be superficially appealing to its customer base. the people that buy expensive touch grass gear generally like the idea of a coop

They are also on of the few retailers of quality socks.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Just buy quality socks from Darn Tough. Lifetime warranty.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Chip Roy is a cool name.

Pity it's stuck on that rear end in a top hat.

Before you cheer him on too much in calling the House GOP to account, remember that the things he wants to be able to brag to his constituents about getting done are not things that the likes of you or I would want to happen.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

I feel called out but also their climbing wall was the ultimate attractive nuisance to young me.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Before you cheer him on too much in calling the House GOP to account, remember that the things he wants to be able to brag to his constituents about getting done are not things that the likes of you or I would want to happen.

Well that's disappointing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Climbing walls are attractive nuisances to a lot of people

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I haven't done it because I'm lazy and phone posting but I'd bet dollars to a doughnut his voting record supports the problem he's performatively yelling about for the cameras. He's a Republican, he wouldn't keep his seat if he fixed problems or made things better. He's not wrong about the problem he's talking about, I just have a while heaping spoonful of doubt he's done anything other than make the problem worse and then use it for a sound bite.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

I haven't done it because I'm lazy and phone posting but I'd bet dollars to a doughnut his voting record supports the problem he's performatively yelling about for the cameras. He's a Republican, he wouldn't keep his seat if he fixed problems or made things better. He's not wrong about the problem he's talking about, I just have a while heaping spoonful of doubt he's done anything other than make the problem worse and then use it for a sound bite.

It is in fact the usual garbage:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=412826

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Just FYI, SpaceX is looking to attempt to launch their Super Heavy Starship again tomorrow.

The launch window begins at 7am central time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Thwomp posted:

Just FYI, SpaceX is looking to attempt to launch their Super Heavy Starship again tomorrow.

The launch window begins at 7am central time.

I hope it explodes on the pad.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What if it lands on elon musks head first

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

What if it lands on elon musks head first

That works too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hope it explodes on the pad.

unfortunately for better or worse spacex is on the hook for America's manned space program for their return to the moon. NASA needs something that can lift a lot of cargo to the Moon and is reusable, and Starship's in-flight refuelling capability will allow them to do that. SLS can get people to the moon but it doesn't carry any sort of landing capabilities onboard, and a LM style thing that is towed out to the moon by the SLS isn't really capable for building any sort of permanent moon base.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

unfortunately for better or worse spacex is on the hook for America's manned space program for their return to the moon. NASA needs something that can lift a lot of cargo to the Moon and is reusable, and Starship's in-flight refuelling capability will allow them to do that. SLS can get people to the moon but it doesn't carry any sort of landing capabilities onboard, and a LM style thing that is towed out to the moon by the SLS isn't really capable for building any sort of permanent moon base.

Thankfully we've stuffed the pockets of a billionaire to get this done instead of just funding the government run space program that put us on the moon fifty something years ago.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

I want SpaceX to be successful at two things:

1. Carrying the American space program to exciting new heights and
2. killing Elon Musk in the process.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fknlo posted:

Thankfully we've stuffed the pockets of a billionaire to get this done instead of just funding the government run space program that put us on the moon fifty something years ago.

You do know that the LM was made by Grumman, and the CM was made by Rockwell, right? Big companies were key to getting us to the moon the first time too. poo poo, ostensibly they were bigger companies than SpaceX is.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I want SpaceX to be successful at two things:

1. Carrying the American space program to exciting new heights and
2. killing Elon Musk in the process.

I would be perfectly ok with this, I have no love for apartheid clyde and if he stuffs it in one of his rockets I'll be pretty happy. I still want SpaceX to get us back to the moon.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 16, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Santos Ethics Committee Report: https://ethics.house.gov/sites/ethics.house.gov/files/documents/Committee%20Report_52.pdf

He did more crimes than he's currently charged with, and the committee already made a DoJ referral.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Santos Ethics Committee Report:
He did more crimes than he's currently charged with, and the committee already made a DoJ referral.

I'm going to link an image of the thing in tweet form because of something I found hilarious in the table of contents:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1725173591631626630?t=3FcTJglhMGpFruCcOFF_iA&s=19

QUESTIONABLE MARRIAGE & UNDOCUMENTED BOYFRIEND

this is no way to attack the president of harvard and the two-time wwe intercontinental champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Santos Ethics Committee Report: https://ethics.house.gov/sites/ethics.house.gov/files/documents/Committee%20Report_52.pdf

How does he have time for all of his crimes??