Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its an auto roughing penalty if you grab a guy by the head and rip his helmet off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1724779275835113493

What's terrifying is I don't disagree. This looks like a better team on ice this year, they just can't help but dickstep late.

Provorov not airmailing the puck out of the zone against Fancy Cats and their being incapable of clearing the zone at all against the Rangers cost them regulation wins.

the thing is that those issues Columbus needs to fix are generally the things that separate good teams and bad teams.
If they were good enough to fix those things they wouldn’t be a bad team in the first place

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
What the hell is going on with Gaudreau? He's on pace for 31 points... that's worse than Huberdeau's pace (38 points... sigh).

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

What the hell is going on with Gaudreau? He's on pace for 31 points... that's worse than Huberdeau's pace (38 points... sigh).

he came to columbus to not have to work or try hard anymore, and to have a nice easy road to retirement, like a true winner

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's Jeff Carter version 2.0 imo. Granting Carter was traded to Columbus whereas Gaudreau voluntarily signed there, but it's working out the same--he realized he made a terrible mistake and will probably bounce back to Calgary form as soon as he gets out of Columbus. Someone's going to make out like bandits trading for him.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Yeah makes sense.... Y'know what else makes sense Mr. Kekäläinen... Huberdeau for Gaudreau!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Is Patrick Laine still playing centre?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaudreau has always been more of a playmaker. Who the gently caress is he going to make plays with in Columbus? Sean Kuraly?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Eric the Mauve posted:

Someone's going to make out like bandits trading for him.
Probably the Kings.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

Yeah makes sense.... Y'know what else makes sense Mr. Kekäläinen... Huberdeau for Gaudreau!

i'd cream

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here is a bluesky code for somebody, but you have to pinky swear to quit Musk's racist hell site.

bsky-social-barbc-hwcfm

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I have not found many real good sports journalism to follow though :(

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
blue sky sucks rear end. I want to like it but there's barely anyone on it and they don't have basic features like "messaging" or "posting videos"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah sorry, Twitter still rules the roost for sports. Bluesky kinda sucks and is weird and walled off.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

VOTE1 posted:

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1724774702873194814

Where does this fall on the NHL marketing scale? Some where between NFT’s and the Guardians?

The NHL should be required to report how many sales these things generate after they are inevitably, quietly shut down

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I tracked the Kraken and Islanders sales and it was about $200k each. It didn’t sell out. Links included if anyone is curious if someone tried to sell it off again and for how much.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xPT-DjxmYsMEBDaLG8rPgv6gJfoYgQrjQLA1Iiy63Eg/edit

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Misanthrope posted:

Eau eau
Eaueaueau
Eau eau
Eaueau
Eau Eau
Eaueaueau

The right stuff

Sigh. I'll see myself out.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Disengage the Age of Tage

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Soucy is out 6-8 weeks

gently caress, he was playing well even having to drag the corpse of Tyler Myers around behind him.

So... what does Calgary want for Tanev? We aren't taking Markstrom back.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Tanev for Garland and stuff ???

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
13 points in 14 games with the Stars, why was Nashville so desperate to get rid of Matt Duchene?

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

The Dirty Burger posted:

13 points in 14 games with the Stars, why was Nashville so desperate to get rid of Matt Duchene?

Every team he goes to seems to hate him despite his production being decent

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

AntiDepressor posted:

living up to his name, huh

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

AntiDepressor posted:

He's had a lot of down years mixed with the good ones and had a really bad contract. It was still probably a bad idea to buy him out but in the end Ottawa, Columbus and Nashville really regret getting him in the first place.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Duchene is on some new steroid or something cause he looks like a far better skater / passer / scoring threat / physical presence then I ever remember him being from his time in Nashville lol.

One thing I've noticed is that away from the puck he is absolutely relentless in getting body positioning on the defender and creating chance for his team-mates to find him for the scoring chance. He's pulled off some absolutely sick puck possession sequences this year where he goes through 3 defenders and then offloads the puck to a wide open player for a scoring chance. The last few weeks he looks like the most dangerous forward on the Stars by a pretty large margin which is quite the accomplishment.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Is Patrick Laine still playing centre?

They put him back on the wing after he got back from having the hot brains from Andersson, but it's not out of the question he'll go back. Doing that would allow Roslovic to play on the wing whenever he gets back from being hurt, where he seemed to thrive not having to be a center.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

They put him back on the wing after he got back from having the hot rains from Andersson, but it's not out of the question he'll go back.

I got hot rains from Andersson
Gonna take some time to play the wing I never have

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anthony Mantha took a puck to the ear and lost hearing for a week, gently caress me.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...r-for-six-days/

quote:

As soon as you get a puck to the face you kind-of want to get up, especially if there’s blood, and go straight to the bench, but I was so unbalanced and dizzy that in the moment I didn’t feel like getting up,” Mantha said after practice. “I probably would’ve fell back over, you know?”
Mantha lost hearing in the impacted ear for almost a full week and that it is only just now starting to come back. The injury also required 4-5 stitches and affected his equilibrium, giving him balance issues.
“We took our time,” Mantha said. “[Jason Serbus] jumped on the ice pretty quick and then got stitched up, and went to the hospital, did the scans and everything that night to make sure there was no bleeding or fracture or anything. From there, it was just kinda rest a little bit.”
The first thing he says that ran through his head once the puck hit him was John Carlson’s scary injury from last season. Carlson fractured his skull and severed his temporal artery after taking a slap shot to the head.

https://twitter.com/HockeyDaily365/status/1722447629567599012?s=20

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

grack posted:

Soucy is out 6-8 weeks

gently caress, he was playing well even having to drag the corpse of Tyler Myers around behind him.

So... what does Calgary want for Tanev? We aren't taking Markstrom back.

you can have Tanev and Markstrom and Zadorov and Huberdeau for oh, a 2nd round

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

mennoknight posted:

you can have Tanev

Ooh, that sounds

mennoknight posted:

and Markstrom and Zadorov and Huberdeau for oh, a 2nd round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsOLQIxk_OQ

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Congrats to the Oilers on playing worse but having good goaltending so they win.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

my mens league hockey pal has a few friends in pretty high level minor hockey and told me how all those kids take out the ear protection because it is just a fad and I hope they turn that back like how neck guards aren't so dorky looking now cause I remember playing juniors and thinking anyone with one was a parent whipped wuss.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

NHL Point Leaders:

Elias Pettersson 26
JT Miller 26
Quinn Hughes 26

Just as everyone assumed.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Congrats to the Oilers on playing worse but having good goaltending so they win.

I've never been angrier at a hockey game, it's insane.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

VOTE1 posted:

NHL Point Leaders:

Elias Pettersson 26
JT Miller 26
Quinn Hughes 26

Just as everyone assumed.

El-P gonna be getting that McDavid money

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Man. All the drama about "Are they going to boo Bo???" leading up to the NYI/VAN game, and then Horvat scores to take the lead literally just as I was checking the score to see if he had gone on a revenge tour, lol. But then they took it to overtime and Hughes, the new captain, scores the winner, leading the team to first in the west, with three tied points leaders in the league. That's some kind of art.

Sounds like they gave Bo a warm welcome back and then booed him when he touched the puck which was a nice compromise. He got emotional during the warm up and tribute.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/puckreportnhl/status/1725032113068495233?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

It’s hilarious how Lou will just have a job here until he dies

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Roll my eyes whenever people talk about him like he’s a mafia don instead of the old behind the times guy he is

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Only caught the Flyers game last night after the fact, as my toddler is now solidly afraid of the dark and going to bed despite night lights and all the stuff they say to do in the Dad Books and pediatrician notes and advice in general and jesus christ I'm exhausted

Hart looked solid and it was good to see him back on the ice, but I didn't realize just how awful the PP is right now

quote:

Their PK went 3 for 3, while the power play finished 0 for 1 and is now 4 for 53 on the season.

I'm not expecting much from the first season of a rebuild but good god lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/status/1724829823753961620?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Helene Elliott posted:

McLellan has learned to mix pat-on-the-back encouragement with the occasional kick in the rear to motivate Dubois. “The initial kind of figure-it-out stuff, we’re past that now and now it’s a little more direct,” McLellan said. “He has high expectations of himself and we have, as an organization, high expectations for him, and we’re going to push him to meet that on both sides.”

For the Kings to succeed, Dubois has to be driving in every sense. He can’t be a passenger.

Not even 2 months into an 8 year deal, I’m sure this will be the team that can finally make Dubois give a gently caress.