Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I didn’t love the finale for some reason. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

VERY COOL MAN posted:

also, voidb, skulltenders kicks rear end so far. visk is appreciably tim platt coded while also doing their own thing & i love that!!!

Seconding Skulltenders, the audio is amazing, the battlemusic has some sweet callbacks to the intro music.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Warbird posted:

I didn’t love the finale for some reason. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t love it.

I feel kinda the same way. I don't know if I've ever felt satisfied with a finale for a D&D podcast, though. It might not be a feasible thing to me. I was close to weepy that our dear Ivan came back, though.

I was delighted/terrified that Branson got to go into some kind of Looney Tunes fugue state, though. I'd pay to see him do a one man show of those monologues, but I think we'd need to arrange an EMT on site for it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who would have been the best guardian angel to reform the evil dean as a kid?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Who would have been the best guardian angel to reform the evil dean as a kid?

Hot Roddy

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Was the finale the first time they actually rolled for initiative? I can't remember if there was one in the first couple episodes or not.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I could swear they rolled for initiative a few times in the earlier episodes. The definitely had initiative during the final Danny Timeshare fight.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Warbird posted:

Yeah, I like it, but I didn't love it and I think I can pin point exactly why:

VERY COOL MAN posted:

but im a little crestfallen stirfry just never really interacted with the main cast again

Strifry never getting to say a final goodbye to the others left me with a real lack of closure Oh well, such is life...

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Con carne c'est la vie-pepe

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Bellow on the ET ride made me laugh way too loving hard

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

I, Butthole posted:

Con carne c'est la vie-pepe

:hmmyes:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1726827780388872445?s=21&t=0RRxoXOsckVkwqgJUt6HDQ

Sounds fun

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

A place where everyone's a criminal... even the mommies

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Yes but will there be Stirfry?

I’m interested to see how this goes but I’d be lying if I wasn’t mildly concerned. I really liked the characters and their interactions with the last run. CATK was ok, but I didn’t love it and I could never get into any of their one offs. Branson continuing to be utterly deranged as a DM is pretty key and will still be present so I’ll likely be fine, but change is scary I suppose.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Warbird posted:

Yes but will there be Stirfry?

I’m interested to see how this goes but I’d be lying if I wasn’t mildly concerned. I really liked the characters and their interactions with the last run. CATK was ok, but I didn’t love it and I could never get into any of their one offs. Branson continuing to be utterly deranged as a DM is pretty key and will still be present so I’ll likely be fine, but change is scary I suppose.

I forget the other one-offs, but I know the bonus episodes like V:TM and the Parsely stuff are all balls to the wall hilarious. Oh These Those Stars of Space also hits great almost every episode.
I'll be very sad if Davo doesn't come back - but who wouldn't be??

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

A detail from today's Rude Talks that I hadn't realised:

the endless torture that all the students suffered in hell was down to Lexicon Matters, so while they're all there until they decide to leave, at least Davo isn't being infinicrucified any more

Branson only realised after recording that Lucille didn't state this in the episode lol

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Parsely only has one direction and that is W: FORWARD

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

First episode of Piss Harbor just dropped! Excited and anxious to get to listen.

The character creation episode was a lot of fun, and I think this campaign is gonna measure up.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Was the character creation one a patron exclusive?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Warbird posted:

Was the character creation one a patron exclusive?

yeah, I'd definitely recommend patronizing though. The bonus content is very worth it, especially with the backlog.
Wish there was an ad-free main feed, alas

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve never used Patreon, if I subscribe can I get a feed I plug into overcast?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

RandolphCarter posted:

I’ve never used Patreon, if I subscribe can I get a feed I plug into overcast?

Yup! That's what I use.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Jonathan Large has the worst loving voice

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Yup! That's what I use.

Neat, thank you. May start next time I get paid.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Tim Platt is one of the funniest people in podcasting

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

These very funny people seem to have way cooler D&D campaigns than I do. Wtf!!!

Two weeks until the next ep? Ugh.

goblin week posted:

Jonathan Large has the worst loving voice

I get what they were going for, but I’m not super thrilled to be listening to it for ~15 hours.

Big Mac posted:

Tim Platt is one of the funniest people in podcasting

This is true.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

i was worried for a second that tim wouldn't be playing a weird little guy any more

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

typhy posted:

i was worried for a second that tim wouldn't be playing a weird little guy any more

Same. It's a different kind of weird little guy though which is interesting! A weird little good guy instead of a weird little murder guy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Conk is even better than Stir-Fry and if anything happens to Conk then I can never forgive the GM

winddancerman
Aug 26, 2022

RandomPauI posted:

Conk is even better than Stir-Fry and if anything happens to Conk then I can never forgive the GM

Conk?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, that was a brain fart on my part, I thought this was the rude tales and ottsos and skulltenders thread

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

Conk is good :hmmyes:

I also appreciate that Visk's jurisdiction seems to include Enumclaw, Washington

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.tumblr.com/timplatt/736155876433494016

Finally, somebody that appreciates Come at the King as much as I do

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

https://www.tumblr.com/timplatt/736155876433494016

Finally, somebody that appreciates Come at the King as much as I do

this rules

Come at The King was really interesting to me. I remember at the start HATING Smellulous. I just found him so incredibly off-putting as a person, and the way Tim played him was a part of that. By the end of it, I was stunned by how much of an intensely real (and still hateable!) character he was. I can't remember if it was about something that changed, or, more likely, Tim just stepped into a tremendously rich character and Branson simply let the world flow around him to his fateful end.

It was like one of those "mini-series of a long-running franchise" that everyone praises for decades after. 6 or however many episodes that hit, narratively, far above their weight.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:agreed:
I dont' remember a lot from CatK except for who the player characters were, that there was a Snake Professional and a tailor called Robespierre and some kind of masquerade where the rich guys wanted to kill a child or something. But I remember vividly how epically, transcendentally pathetic Smellulus was, and everything concerning him in general. That was some incredible character work.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Imagine a man so overwhelmingly pathetic he leads to the collapse of the most powerful empire in history. Smellulus works the same way.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The king being described as something like, "he looks like a man who has to be reminded not to suck his thumb in public" lives in my head rent-free. It's my favorite Bransonism

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i was so into the class dismissed characters & storyline that come at the king annoyed me initially but in retrospect its so obviously one of the highest peaks of the last few years of output

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Gotta give it up for the dice in come at the king, smellulous succeeding at romancing a dragon led to an incredible arc. And the rolls he got when he killed Robespierre had me in stitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I think at this point we can safely probably just assume that whatever choices these folks make will pan out it a satisfying way.