Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'd like to point out that one CG where the Sinners and Dante are on exercise bikes as being very good and I can't wait to see it in context, and also hope that this chapter won't be 100% doom and gloom because it's clearly intended to be comical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Junpei posted:

I'd like to point out that one CG where the Sinners and Dante are on exercise bikes as being very good and I can't wait to see it in context, and also hope that this chapter won't be 100% doom and gloom because it's clearly intended to be comical

Everyone in that picture has so much character. Outis is standing bossing everyone else, Heathcliff is pissed off, Don is excited, Rodya is just slacking off, Ryoshu is annoyed. It's great.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

I'm pretty sure that those are pedaling the busboat. Since the engine having trouble has already been mentioned twice.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Mephistopheles makes a Transformers noise as it converts into a massive duck shaped paddle boat. Faust knows all outcomes.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Why not simply have the Sinners exhaust themselves to death pedaling and then have Dante rez them? The world wonders

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I finally got everything I was missing from the dispensary and I'll start the new Season with 1600+ nominal boxes after the conversion... I might have grinded too much.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Really wonder what is up with Ishmael. Guess we'll have to sea.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

MotU posted:

Any tips for RR2 before the end? Waited til last minute and would like to get the Good Banner~

So last few hours, how is this going? Did you quit out of frustration yet?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I handled RR2 dread by realizing that I’m no longer enjoying playing the game much and kind of stepping away. I might play through the story of Canto V because the story/characters are pretty cool and that plus sunk cost kept me playing till the end of s2, but I might be better off watching the plot on YT in a week or whatever.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

RandomReader posted:

No new info, so we can assume that MD 3 isn't dropping with season 3. Didn't MD 2 take some time post new season to drop as well? Anyway, they aren't ripping up the Mirror Dungeon this update, so rewards should stay spent if you do a run between the weekly reset. From there it's just a question of whether you want the battle pass points to go to the season 2 pass or the season 3.

Is this how it went on the season1->season 2 transition?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Marluxia posted:

Not the OP, but I decided to nab the sub-150 turns banner on Sunday and literally just finished. :v:

Overall, I actually enjoyed it (shocking, I know), mostly due to having more or less a solid plan (1 cycle per day, with 0-1 on Sunday and 4-5 today, finish each fight within 5 turns or less) and already knowing about gimmick of each fight, which made things actually manageable and not too frustrating.

Some thoughts
  • the very first fight was probably the hardest, trying to manage So That No One Will Cry in 5 turns or less with no Sanity and no EGO resources was massive pain in the rear end
  • Drifting Fox and Steam Machine were the most annoying fights by far and forcing you to fight them every single cycle was a horrible decision
  • Way too many fights had the exact same flow of " you can't really do much damage for X turns, then a window will open where you'll have to do enough damage to deplete like 50-90% of boss health in a single turn, if you can't manage that either wait for X more turns, or restart if you are doing a low turn count run".
  • Due to the above, the whole initial PM effort with discouraging restarts was pretty weird, considering the very design of RR2 seems to encourage them, at least if you are going for low turn count run. RNG didn't bless you with enough 3rd Skill nukes in the damage window? You better believe you have to slam that restart button or brick the run.
  • Longest fight was 8 turn for the Fairy Duo. No real reason, just really rotten luck with Skills and impatience due to being close to finish.
  • Beat final boss in 5 turns on the first try, funnily enough.
  • Final turn count was 137, did most fights in 5 turns and I was on the edge between having fun and being annoyed the whole time. I can't imagine going lower without being completely miserable.

Ready for Canto V. :getin:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 16, 2023

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, I did feel like it made me a better player, by virtue of actually forcing me to pay attention to the mechanics of the fights and what my sinners could do for that fight.

I still don't really want to do it again. I actually didn't mind Steam Transport Machine like the majority seemed to, but having the Fox be one of the three abnormalities you always fight was godawful.

Edit: Update's up, and the game isn't up yet, but the title screen has changed to reflect the Bon Voyage art

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 16, 2023

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The paid-lunacy only announcer is probably the most inconsequential thing they've had. But I'm suddenly getting a bad feeling about PM's future plans for monetization.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Gregor's skillset looks interesting, it's a mixture of bleed and poise and a dabbing of ammo and a special stack that you get by hitting enemies with bleed and it gives a bonus damage to the gun. I don't know how well it works out in practice, but I'd want pirate Gregor anyway.

AntQueen
Sep 28, 2021
Update just finished, decided to checkout the xp and lunacy stuff first. we have a new xp ticket which is worth 3x the xp of the gold ones. the new xp stage gives out 9000 xp vs the old ones 4800 xp, but costs 1 more enk box. doing the math of xp per enk module, were getting about 25% more xp per module.

The new thread level is 8 thread for the same cost, so about a 33% increase per module. however, the fight for gloom is against the bull, which is much more of a time sink and can't really be auto'd through like the previous ones. I can see this getting really tedious to get through, hope they tone the bull down in the future.

Also of note, both levels have 6 participants instead of 5.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

finally a new gregor id that isn't defensive, about time he was back on th oh god it's poise. and dogshit coin counts. He also has some wacky status thing for a passive for extra damage but has the Blade Yi Sang issue of needing to crit on a specific hit of a specific attack to get anything out of Poise overall.

Ryoshu is also poise and seems completely aimlessly designed. also her support hilariously buffs R Heathcliff, of all people

overall a true return to poise form

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

AntQueen posted:

Update just finished, decided to checkout the xp and lunacy stuff first. we have a new xp ticket which is worth 3x the xp of the gold ones. the new xp stage gives out 9000 xp vs the old ones 4800 xp, but costs 1 more enk box. doing the math of xp per enk module, were getting about 25% more xp per module.

The new thread level is 8 thread for the same cost, so about a 33% increase per module. however, the fight for gloom is against the bull, which is much more of a time sink and can't really be auto'd through like the previous ones. I can see this getting really tedious to get through, hope they tone the bull down in the future.

Also of note, both levels have 6 participants instead of 5.

Easier to just auto exp and skip thread, that way you get the full daily missions done.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i did a 10 extract anyway and got W meursault again, this is truly the most cursed banner

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Marluxia posted:

Did not quit, failed after having help from an extremely good player due to innumerable resets because PM cannot make content, let alone good content :hai:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

MotU posted:

Did not quit, failed after having help from an extremely good player due to innumerable resets because PM cannot make content, let alone good content :hai:

Hey, that's BICEPS' emote. You can't use it.

On another note, I didn't even try the railway because I'd probably drive me insane.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 16, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fun With U Corp

the lakes have an absurdly specific set of rules to cross them in order to not get eaten by a hell monster. also, writing down these rules is forbidden and u corp can and has hunted people down and killed them for doing so

:capitalism:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm pretty sure I know what the deal with the Whales (and thus Moby Dick) is. They're the results of U Corps Singularity interacting with living fish, each Whale is a horrific abomination fusion of untold numbers of a species of other sea-creature.

A Marlin Whale is a Whale made of Marlin etc.

As such, Moby Dick, the Great White Whale, is either made out of sharks, or other (normal) whales.

This is just a guess to be clear, from like, the 5th node of the chapter.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Not a story spoiler, but I'm spoiling anyway, the story stops at 5-19

Yggdrasi
Jan 23, 2020
Been enjoying Gun Ryoshu giving her second on the team so she gets a second skill slot and it has potential for some real funny poise numbers

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Whew, that Looting skill hitting a Rip Space did not go well for me. Gotta pay at least some attention, I guess.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Be careful if you usually roll with Ishmael on your crew, she gets hit with a status aliment for the whole of the story stages, She starts at -25 SP but get some attack up while she's below 0 SP.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

https://twitter.com/gootarts/status/1724987659230028009

O-kay then.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
IIRC, they did publicly leak confidential documents, so I'm not that surprised.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

at the same time, what do they even get out of this? even if they win, they'll pay a fine and do a public apology, probably. is that worth dragging this out even more?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Lt. Lizard posted:

Also organised (or encouraged) a campaign of harassment online rather than just pursue the legal stuff they were claiming to want (which fell apart thanks to said public leak, and the fact that they were actively working against VellMori's leaving wishes too). The IT Union Chairmen also has recently made some, questionable, tweets about a common uncomfortable subject in anime circles apparently (although I'd rather not go look for them myself).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in the fight between the guy whos deep into weird anime and harasses people on twitter and the company that bent over backwards for a bunch of turbo sexists, i hope the judge has them both jailed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you will note for instance they have made basically no criticism of the dudes who started all this by screaming about feminism. im sure theyll get to it. eventually.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Marluxia posted:

Be careful if you usually roll with Ishmael on your crew, she gets hit with a status aliment for the whole of the story stages, She starts at -25 SP but get some attack up while she's below 0 SP.
This is actually a buff, believe it or not. If you're using Rish, at least, the bonus to her base power means she'll win most clashes regardless of coin result while she's getting her SP back up.

Oh god drat it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In other news, for those that didn't notice it already, there is a Yuri announcer in the Season 3 dispenser, obtainable for 1300 paid Lunacy. :v:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Lt. Lizard posted:

In other news, for those that didn't notice it already, there is a Yuri announcer in the Season 3 dispenser, obtainable for 1300 paid Lunacy. :v:

:fuckoff:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lt. Lizard posted:

They posted correspondence PM gave them, so it wasn't "confidential documents" so much as it was "generally agreed upon to be a dick move."

About the same level of illegal as projmoon posting that draft they got from the union.

Anyways let's just hope PM is better at navigating legal bullshit than they are at coding.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

They posted correspondence PM gave them, so it wasn't "confidential documents" so much as it was "generally agreed upon to be a dick move."

About the same level of illegal as projmoon posting that draft they got from the union.

Anyways let's just hope PM is better at navigating legal bullshit than they are at coding.

They posted a private discussion between Project Moon, themselves and VellMori that directly records VellMori's desires for it to remain confidential and might have been under an NDA?

At least, that's the buzz I'm seeing elsewhere.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

They posted a private discussion between Project Moon, themselves and VellMori that directly records VellMori's desires for it to remain confidential and might have been under an NDA?

At least, that's the buzz I'm seeing elsewhere.
i did not see anything remotely like that, all they posted was a draft letter between themselves and project moon. its possible i didnt see it but i was following the situation fairly closely at the time.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It may have been after the initial nonsense.

In other more pleasant discussion, having uptied First Mate Gregor. I'm calling that if we see Hook and get a 000 Identity based on them it's gonna be Rodion.

Edit: Actually on further thought, the personality switch between sea and land fits Sinclair's dual personality thing better. Also Youngest Sinner being Captain Hook is ironic for obvious reasons.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ishmael is not ok. :stare: