Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

The magnet is deactivated and no longer has a magnetic field, or else that walk through video would have been incredibly funny when they walked right next to it with full kit on.

Finally an SME weighs in on the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

article 5 isn't a technicality you can trigger where everyone has to just go along with it because you did one weird trick, the us can just decide to ignore it basically

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

speng31b posted:

article 5 isn't a technicality you can trigger where everyone has to just go along with it because you did one weird trick, the us can just decide to ignore it basically

yeah, the us would absolutely never attack its own colony, the only question is whether it would abandon it

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al! posted:

like, i'm not going to hand it to bin laden, he was wrong, making the us even more psycho and fascist didn't help, it just made the us kill a bunch of iraqis for no reason and reign more hell on poor afghanistan, but the key to understanding WHY it happened has been consistently buried across the years, including to this very day with its deletion today

Before 9/11 America was gearing up to concentrate on China, 20 years of wars in the Muslim world have distracted it sufficiently for China to have a real shot at ending its hegemony. Despite the success of this tactic I do not have the heart to endorse it.

Al! posted:

god i have so many thoughts about this, but ultimately it's incredible that the spell obl put over america by conducting 9/11 is being broken for some people by reading his words

The illusion these people are seeing through did not begin this century, Americans have long been a jingoistic people blind to the great evil their country does.

galagazombie posted:

There are a billion better ways you could accelerate Americas decline via armed resistance alone, and OBL chose none of them.

OBL was just some rich dude who attacked America at the height of its power and probably did more towards dethroning it than anyone. I doubt the entire Saudi state could have done any better. Credit where it is due.
However if you would care to share some of these strategies I will be sure to pass them on to groups with much more military muscle such as the heroic Hezbollah.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Turkey is playing this ridiculous loving game of spinning plates, where they support Azerbaijan against Armenia, and Ukraine against Russia, but retains huge trade ties with Russia, and bombs Syrian Kurdistan, but also supports Islamist militias against Assad, and now also gives thoughts and prayers to Palestine against Israel.

Bizarre regional power poo poo.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

speng31b posted:

I think the point of that post was that because NATO wants Turkey for strategic location reasons, that Turkey wouldn't get dealt with in any way by US+allies for loving on Israel.

Now I personally disagree with that analysis, but I don't think the point of that post was based on a misunderstanding of how Article 5 works.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

bro just stop giving them oil it's not hard

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Turkey's economy not just disintegrating also also a plate they're trying to keep spinning.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Been saving up my pallets of Big Dogs "Listen Bud, America Deserved 9/11" t-shirts for just this moment

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the first war crimes

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Al! posted:

lmao, it was pointed out to me just now that the guardian deleted this article. go ahead and click it

lmfao

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/tngkh2ujt5rd/status/1723630755585151484

quote:

Wikipedia has locked the TALK PAGE of its article on the current ongoing genocide, so not only can you not correct anything on it, you can't even suggest corrections! 😂🤡🤮

Also they call it "Israel-Hamas war" even though Palestinians are massacred in the west bank as well.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
https://x.com/upholdreality/status/1715524307479130384?s=20

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

so would emergency dissolution be on the table or would NATO be stuck going through with this as an organization?

A lot of people have the wrong idea about what article 5 actually means.

Invoking article 5 means NATO will write a strongly worded letter. That's it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
by the way, before the hospital incident most arabs on social media where cheering for hamas but Kinda resigned about their chances of overall victory.

Today, everyone is 1000% convinced Hamas is actually gonna win Militarily, Politically, and Morally.

Israel is loving cooked.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

every single one of these embedded reporter have to be put in a nuremberg kangaroo court, these loving worms are not journalists

https://twitter.com/qudsnen/status/1724921846598955436?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

spanish lady making fun onf the israelis, shes alot more talented than that mexican IDF ghoul!

https://twitter.com/aja_egypt/status/1724896628526498143?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Strep Vote posted:

Free Palestine, we have a lot of Seattle people in CSPAM so please take this:

Obviously all the normal Seattle caveats apply. If this is too burger please six me, it was an honor.

Thank you this old man kept finding out about Seattle protests after they happened.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

spanish lady making fun onf the israelis, shes alot more talented than that mexican IDF ghoul!

https://twitter.com/aja_egypt/status/1724896628526498143?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I'm dying at the eyebrow waggle, she's so good

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Spaced God posted:

i graduated from high school in the early to mid 2010s and even in AP government and politics or AP history we weren't taught who arafat was. I think maybe we had a vocab word that the PLO was a terrorist group in the middle east but that's it lmao

I didn’t take a class but got a 5 on World History and the study materials I have definitely have him in it. Interestingly, it’s just in the context of the Oslo accords and the Rabin assassination.

What they think is important is so opaque to me. I had content on the Boxer Rebellion for 3 tests.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Lol the Guardian took down that Letter to America because of "missing context" earlier and now a bunch of colleges that hosted it online are also down due to it being clicked on so much.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

err posted:

Lol the Guardian took down that Letter to America because of "missing context" earlier and now a bunch of colleges that hosted it online are also down due to it being clicked on so much.

better archive the Washington Post's page on "Industrial Society and its Future"

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Why would the site saying they do fearless journalism take down the letter?!

One fear journalism?!?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
is it usual for junior officers to be dropping this quick, drat

Today:
The Israel Defense Forces announces that two soldiers were killed fighting on Wednesday in the northern Gaza Strip, bringing the death toll in the ground offensive against Hamas to 50.

They are:

Cpt. Asaf Master, 22, from Kibbutz Bahan in central Israel, a platoon commander in the 401st Brigade’s 601 Battalion (part of the Combat Engineering Corps).

Cpt. Kfir Itzhak Franco, 22, from Jerusalem, a platoon commander in the 401st Brigade’s 52nd Battalion.

Yesterday:

The Israel Defense Forces announces that two soldiers were killed yesterday fighting in the northern Gaza Strip, bringing the death toll in the ground offensive against Hamas to 48.

They are:

Cpt. Omri Yosef David, 27, from Carmiel, a deputy company commander in the Negev Brigade’s 9217 Battalion.

Cpt. Yedidya Asher Lev, 26, from Tal Menashe, a deputy company commander in the Givati Brigade’s Shaked Battalion.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Turdfuzz posted:

i'd like to know how many of these "letter to america" tiktoks there are
cuz i remember when ppl freaked out at "kids eating tide pods" to the point where "why should I listen to you? You're generation eats tide pods!" became a talking point
and then like less than 100 kids ate tide pods or some poo poo

it's probably just "my algorithm" but I've found tiktok to be very pro-palestine

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tatankatonk posted:

is it usual for junior officers to be dropping this quick, drat

its usual when the emphasis in on junior, not on officer

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
This is weird. They're doing the special beret receival ceremony for a bunch of paratroopers inside Gaza. They're supposed to do this at the end of their training.

Either this is some bullshit they did for show, or they're bringing in guys who haven't properly finished their training yet, slapping a new beret on them, and sending them into battle.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1724819570743996513?t=AAdLIYHoVYpSsMiKx63oEA&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

every single one of these embedded reporter have to be put in a nuremberg kangaroo court, these loving worms are not journalists

journalists are worms

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

HallelujahLee quoting Distal posted:

“Erase Gaza from the face of the earth. Let the Gazan monsters rush to the southern border and flee into Egypt, or die. And let them die badly. Gaza should be wiped off the map, and fire and brimstone on the heads of the Nazis in Judea and Samaria. Jewish wrath to shake the earth around the world. We need a cruel, vengeful IDF here. Anything less is immoral

I am so tempted when I see stuff like this to ask just who that Third Temple™ they want is meant to be dedicated to, since all the archaeological evidence we have points to this sort of thing being way more in line with Chemosh/Kamōš/כְּמוֹשׁ worship than with Yahweh, even in His way more violent storm god days, but I'm not sure these idiots would even be informed enough to know what I'm talking about

Sancho Banana posted:

Either this is some bullshit they did for show, or they're bringing in guys who haven't properly finished their training yet, slapping a new beret on them, and sending them into battle.

They are absolutely doing the latter, there's no way they aren't utterly desperate for dudes right now

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

salartarium posted:

I didn’t take a class but got a 5 on World History and the study materials I have definitely have him in it. Interestingly, it’s just in the context of the Oslo accords and the Rabin assassination.

What they think is important is so opaque to me. I had content on the Boxer Rebellion for 3 tests.

thanks that’s really interesting to know

galagazombie posted:

There are a billion better ways you could accelerate Americas decline via armed resistance alone, and OBL chose none of them.

I don’t want to come off like a dick or anything but the number of people who care about a westerners opinion on how the oppressed should properly resist is 0. there are a billion other places to share this - please don’t here

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Sancho Banana posted:

This is weird. They're doing the special beret receival ceremony for a bunch of paratroopers inside Gaza. They're supposed to do this at the end of their training.

dancing/pissing on graves

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

🪱

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

crepeface posted:

journalists are worms

aljazeera reporters are actual heroes, they are the actual idealist painting of what heroic journalism is.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Been saving up my pallets of Big Dogs "Listen Bud, America Deserved 9/11" t-shirts for just this moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkq2zwDhHss

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

let them have their Participation Berets, Hamas are the real gold medalist winners.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

WE WERE NEVER WARNED!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

aljazeera reporters are actual heroes, they are the actual idealist painting of what heroic journalism is.

hmm, objection retracted.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

he's right

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/aaronnarraph/status/1725000828023427101

https://twitter.com/JvpAction/status/1724996954302652683

PawParole has issued a correction as of 07:20 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I had a Zionist tell me that Gaza and the West Bank are different countries and I just can’t comprehend that level of stupidity. :psyduck: