Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

wilderthanmild posted:

Man, I don't like Bruce at all so this sucks.

Does anyone other than Bruce and Jeff like Bruce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Lol if Kellie gets taken out entirely because of her unwanted alliance with Bruce.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
God, just seeing Bruce's face when Jake looked at him. I want to punch him in his dick.

Do I think Bruce should have played it for Jake? No, but man.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Now that is how you do a blindside.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Gat Dang

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I'm really worried that Bruce is gonna make it..

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

One of the most raw blindsided I’ve seen in forever

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Should have taken the sandwich

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Diabetic posted:

I'm really worried that Bruce is gonna make it..

I still don't understand how several people actively helped him get that idol

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

They didn't mention it this episode unless I missed it but why wouldn't she think she was in danger? Maybe even above Bruce and Jake it makes the most sense to get rid of her since it gives Austin a full idol.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Austin now has two idols. And Drew's safety thing expired

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
This was a great episode. The auction was FUN, hadn't realized that we haven't seen it in 15 seasons and 8 years! And what a great blindside. I've been seeing Survivor experts say that Kellie was their favorite to win, after having gotten virtually 0 edit all season until last week, so I was pretty bewildered by that.

I don't know who I'm rooting for this season. I usually go for an underdog, so I suppose that would be Emily, but she hasn't really been in danger since like episode 3, and is maybe in the best power position of anyone left, even if she doesn't quite realize it.

The preview for next week though was annoying though, 3 players lose their vote? Even if we're not getting a new hidden immunity idol each week, twists like that are still dumb, and unnecessarily complicated. It takes any autonomy out of the game, especially when utilized week after week.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
also :lol: @ him stabbing the rice during the negotiation. In my headcanon that was improvised.

Something_Hazy
Sep 21, 2019
Really enjoying this season! Who does everyone think is the favorite to win at this point? I usually have some sense but this season is pretty tough to call. Austin obviously has the inside track but I feel like he hasn't gotten much character development this season. Jake seems like he's gotten the most camera time of everyone left but he seems pretty bad at the game? Everyone else is roughly the same to me. I suppose a Drew win is staring us in the face but no one seems worried about him at all. The only people I feel have no chance at all are Julie and Kendra

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Being bad at the game is a great way to win. The good players all get targeted before the finals

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Bruce will win, but I worry he will get there. That kinda would make sense with giving Jake a real shot if he got there with Bruce, since I think enough people dislike Bruce that Jake would get the votes.

Drew is a good choice odds wise. He's good enough at the game, good enough at challenges, has enough allies, etc. Maybe too good? Maybe enough that the others don't notice until the 3 person alliance has a controlling stake.

Austin also feels like a contender and has two idols, which is good for him and maybe even good for Drew or Emily since the extra one could save one of them.

I am rooting for Emily right now. If you wanna read the tea leaves with edits, she's still gotten lots of attention even when she's been less relevant in recent episodes. I think she's got a chance at least. I think her arc would be a good sell to the jury thus far. Her problem is getting there though, she's #3 in her little alliance with Drew and Austin, has 0 advantages, and seems average at challenges.

Edit: I also feel like the all girls alliance is doomed, if not dead already, so I'm barely even thinking of them. If that works out somehow, I'll be impressed with the twist.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 16, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i strongly favor bruce to be in the finals.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The longer Bruce is there, the funnier it is

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Emily is going to win and it’s going to loving rule

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The auction was kind of dumb tbh. Start everyone with different amounts of money, players don't know when the auction ends. Person with the most money left at the end loses their vote? Clearly the strategy is there's not an actual auction, it's just who has the most money left bids it all on the next item.

Solid blindside though. She knew she'd probably be a backup vote, but still completely shocked about the vote.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Something_Hazy posted:

Really enjoying this season! Who does everyone think is the favorite to win at this point? I usually have some sense but this season is pretty tough to call. Austin obviously has the inside track but I feel like he hasn't gotten much character development this season. Jake seems like he's gotten the most camera time of everyone left but he seems pretty bad at the game? Everyone else is roughly the same to me. I suppose a Drew win is staring us in the face but no one seems worried about him at all. The only people I feel have no chance at all are Julie and Kendra

I don't think Jake is bad. Even had a pretty solid plan last episode that Kaleb may or may not have ruined. He's at least better than anyone else from Belo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think drew is gettin a little big for his briches!!!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm rooting for Jake, he's a ton of fun. Like an improved Danny from last season.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Love Jake, but he's sliding right into the Owen from 43 spot - I'm actually bullish on him making final 3 because unless he pulls an upset next episode, he's isolated enough that he becomes an appealing goat. Even if he scoops back up Kendra and Katurah (and I don't think Katurah would be in) Belo's in the minority.

I dropped Bruce from my fantasy back at the swap, when it was clear no one liked him, so every week he manages to hold on and cost me points is a knife in my heart.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's been too long since a blindside seemed to properly rock someone.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Don't think it's impossible for Jake to swing back into a winning position but the Reba four (+Emily) have to be broken up for that to happen. And I think that it's possible that Jake already has two supporters on the jury, since he tried to save Kaleb and he didn't vote Kellie out.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I'm really hoping Emily wins. Jake would be my second (spoilered because as a Philly/NYC person I am not legally allowed to cheer for him). I wouldn't be mad about anyone not named Bruce

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

freeman posted:

also :lol: @ him stabbing the rice during the negotiation. In my headcanon that was improvised.

NGL, when he said 'hang on a minute, I think I can help,' I thought he was going to haul out four individual immunity tokens; good for the next tribal only, can't be traded in any way, are automatically played, can only be claimed by people who sit out the challenge.

Nope, just pulls out a big, gently caress-off knife, shanks the rice bag, and says 'Y'all have that long to figure this out.'

But then he said something about grabbing the 'basket of rice' that it was all spilling into anyway, so I kinda think they got all the rice anyway.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think he put the bag into another basket so that any rice that would leak out from the hole after the negotiation would still be preserved.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The castaway at tribal mentioning he had the same look on his face and might pull out a knife had me rolling. This season is very good TV.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man that was an A+ episode. The reactions at tribal were so raw too, I love it.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

TheCenturion posted:

NGL, when he said 'hang on a minute, I think I can help,' I thought he was going to haul out four individual immunity tokens; good for the next tribal only, can't be traded in any way, are automatically played, can only be claimed by people who sit out the challenge.

Nope, just pulls out a big, gently caress-off knife, shanks the rice bag, and says 'Y'all have that long to figure this out.'

It all just happened so fast, too. So good. You barely have time to think "hm what additional bonus is he going to add" before he stabs the bag.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked the editing at tribal even though it was a spoiler at some point. It was a nice way to see Kellie was in peril even if it wasn’t really the story back at camp other than her mentioning it; it did a nice job of creating the feeling of impending doom for her.

I think it is weird that no one on team blue was gunning for anyone on red. Or Emily at least to finish off the mistake they made going after Kaleb two shows ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I liked Kellie so I was shook by how shook she was. And I don’t much like Bruce but part of me started to root for him to Magoo his way through this game as everyone else gets increasingly saltier and saltier about it until they turn him into the underdog.

Part of me. But no one really has my rooting interest so that would be funny.

Also that eyeball was gorier than anything I watched this October.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The auction was kind of dumb tbh. Start everyone with different amounts of money, players don't know when the auction ends. Person with the most money left at the end loses their vote? Clearly the strategy is there's not an actual auction, it's just who has the most money left bids it all on the next item.

I think there's room to play with this. there are diminishing returns on food, especially after two weeks of starving. but if there were more interesting items with everyone equally excited to empty their pockets (maybe 10-20 instead of 6-15) there's a strategy where you're the last person with money at item 11 or whatever and you just buy six things for $20 each and then maybe lose your vote (or maybe not). but it's probably not worth the risk with food when you're a week and a half from the end of the game and at least know you'll have the ability to barter for rice soon anyway

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I liked Kellie so I was shook by how shook she was.

So seemed really shook.

I particularly noticed the shot at Emily when she tried to say by just cut her off with "You did this!"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah Kellie was blindsided hard. Makes me really sad we don't get ponderosa videos anymore because I wish I could see how she handled it once she was back there.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Honestly, if you're that shook being voted out, you're so out of touch with the game, and so certain that you're untouchable, that you're the obvious vote off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah Kellie was blindsided hard. Makes me really sad we don't get ponderosa videos anymore because I wish I could see how she handled it once she was back there.

No kidding, especially since she and Kaleb seem like two of the coolest folks of the season. I wanna watch them hang out.