Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

HallelujahLee posted:

Pretty sure the us bombed plenty of hospitals and schools in iraq/afghanistan

Not like this though. the US did nothing but atrocities but what is happening in gaza far exceeds most of what the US did. The US had 20 years to rack up its body count and Israel is moving tremendously faster. This is mass death we have not seen since WWII, Rawanda, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

9/11 definitely destroyed america. usa was a receding empire before it but iirc bin laden's stated intent was to bleed the us out by making it invade arab countries. so the us has spent trillions of dollars murdering people over the past 22 years with nothing to show for it but growing some graveyards and today is on its way to being a pariah state that can't wage wars with anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eIPaoz2duQ

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Not like this though. the US did nothing but atrocities but what is happening in gaza far exceeds most of what the US did. The US had 20 years to rack up its body count and Israel is moving tremendously faster. This is mass death we have not seen since WWII, Rawanda, etc.

Millions died dude but yes this moving way faster also aided and supported by the us

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

HallelujahLee posted:

Pretty sure the us bombed plenty of hospitals and schools in iraq/afghanistan/libya /lebanon /syria/korea/vietnam/…/etc etc

:d2a:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

they know they're bombing on borrowed time, holocaust also accelerated the worse the german situation was

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

HallelujahLee posted:

Millions died dude but yes this moving way faster also aided and supported by the us

israel is doing a tool* assisted genocidal regime collapse speedrun any%

*the tool is america

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

im still thinking about the hamas dates

That terrorist calendar warned us about the dates.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Owlbear Camus posted:

while the GBS answer is funny, it's probably a combination of concealing their crimes and muting the body count with an outside chance of

death marching to hospital after hospital. the enormity of it happening in the open is just loving staggering. how does anyone pretend there's a "rules based international order" *jerk off motion* after this. israel is cooked. the un is cooked. the EU is a joke, the only good thing they have going is the Irish rep giving passionate speeches to an empty chamber

absolutely deranged. i hate to beat this drum but decades past the US at least had them on some kind of leash, as gross a homunculus of their misbegotten master as they have always been. Reagan, who I hate to hand it to, was a lot more direct in setting up some kind of red lines for Israel when they threatened to go off script

I have no idea why the gently caress Genocide Joe is this far in the bag on this murder-suicide pact. fuckers not even on the flight logs as far as I know

Listen to blowback and read Jakarta method

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Votskomit posted:

That terrorist calendar warned us about the dates.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5686a6ac-ec2d-4784-94ee-9a269947ea24

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Owlbear Camus posted:

while the GBS answer is funny, it's probably a combination of concealing their crimes and muting the body count with an outside chance of

death marching to hospital after hospital. the enormity of it happening in the open is just loving staggering. how does anyone pretend there's a "rules based international order" *jerk off motion* after this. israel is cooked. the un is cooked. the EU is a joke, the only good thing they have going is the Irish rep giving passionate speeches to an empty chamber

absolutely deranged. i hate to beat this drum but decades past the US at least had them on some kind of leash, as gross a homunculus of their misbegotten master as they have always been. Reagan, who I hate to hand it to, was a lot more direct in setting up some kind of red lines for Israel when they threatened to go off script

I have no idea why the gently caress Genocide Joe is this far in the bag on this murder-suicide pact. fuckers not even on the flight logs as far as I know

Joe's a true believer in the Zionist project and people have forgotten how far to the right he has been for his entire public life.

As long as he's even somewhat lucid, he will back Israel to the hilt.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

When was the last time in world history that Hospitals were actively targeted on purpose as a matter of course, other than the Syrian Civil war the only other example I can think of is the Rape of Nanking.

Report: Over 130 attacks on medical facilities in Yemen war

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

read Jakarta method

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The last large hospital in Gaza just shut down operations

https://twitter.com/EyesOnSouth1/status/1725181003499491509

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

yes, a million plus over 20 years and with many of those deaths caused indirectly via famine, disease, exposure, etc. In general the US was not slaughtering civilians at this rate directly with bombs and bullets. both are atrocities, war crimes, and everyone involved should be hanged at the hague.

this is also uniquely and terrifyingly rapid in its escalation. if nothing changes we could see Iraqs body count matched in months, not 20 years.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

When was the last time in world history that Hospitals were actively targeted on purpose as a matter of course, other than the Syrian Civil war the only other example I can think of is the Rape of Nanking.

Don't think it's that rare actually, but for it to look anything like this you have to have genocidal intent and a large airforce.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

genericnick posted:

Don't think it's that rare actually, but for it to look anything like this you have to have genocidal intent and a large airforce.

and a decay in narrative control

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Fighting now in the center of Gaza city

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1725178623181586511

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Abdelfatah al-sisi has to be overthrown right this second.

Sadly egyptians are a dead society so I dont think they'll do this.

There is no excuse whatsoever about what a bunch of shameful loser cowards arab governments are other than they are willing participants. they have to be destroyed, full stop.

Why would Jordan and Egypt flinch?
The US graciously hands over $1.3 billion in military aid annually for Egypt and $1.45 billion per year to Jordan for bilateral foreign assistance.

They are going to stand with the hand that feeds them, and that keeps them in power. Because if there was the slightest whiff of uprising or the start of Arab spring 2.0, the U.S would shut that poo poo down pronto.

Maybe I’m not seeing it? But what is their benefit to help? Apart from external damnation and morality, and ethics…oh and being labeled a bitch rear end sell out?
Even if they were to raw dog it, and say gently caress it. Let’s get involved, it’s not like they’d have backup from Saudi or UAE.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

genericnick posted:

what israel is doing is rare. attacks on hospitals happen as the above link to the saudis doing to the houthis shows, but hitting them with JDAMs and then going in with tanks and bulldozers to actually destroy the entire building is not common at all. most militaries just take it and then co-opt it into their own field hospitals.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Mr Hootington posted:

read Jakarta method

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

american spooks, military, media and leadership are NO ANGELS

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1725178495477657788

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The fascist Israeli state will only get more and more depraved and desperate as it nears it's end

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yes, a million plus over 20 years and with many of those deaths caused indirectly via famine, disease, exposure, etc. In general the US was not slaughtering civilians at this rate directly with bombs and bullets. both are atrocities, war crimes, and everyone involved should be hanged at the hague.

this is also uniquely and terrifyingly rapid in its escalation. if nothing changes we could see Iraqs body count matched in months, not 20 years.
the only difference is the rate but estimates put it over 2 million if not more as a result of the us invasions apparently a report came out that puts it over 4.5 million dead including libya etc other wars

the famine disease and exposure can all be blamed as well on the invasions

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the burgermodor...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

What possible justification is there for bulldozing the hospital cafeteria?

It seems like Israel is ending empire through ghoulish self-parody harder than 9/11 aspired to.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

the only difference is the rate but estimates put it over 2 million if not more as a result of the us invasions apparently a report came out that puts it over 4.5 million dead including libya etc other wars

the famine disease and exposure can all be blamed as well on the invasions

yes, thats why i said the US caused it. I'm not trying to downplay Iraq im trying to highlight how utterly horrendous the current situation is

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Homeless Friend posted:

im still thinking about those curtains. why are curtains here. why?

*unbelievably thick israeli accent* these curtains, these are terror curtains. they put the hostage on one side, then they put a terrorist on the other side. the terrorist opens the curtain and scream "boo!", doing psychological damage to the hostage. sometimes they shine a light at the curtain, and use their hands to make shadow with shape, to make the hostage think a giant dog is coming to eat them.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
when it comes to ending empires the leading innovations are always coming from the same region

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yes, thats why i said the US caused it. I'm not trying to downplay Iraq im trying to highlight how utterly horrendous the current situation is

fair enough

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

loving hell, what a nightmare

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

moths posted:

It seems like Israel is ending empire through ghoulish self-parody harder than 9/11 aspired to.

it's to make palestinians have nowhere to hide or be able to continue living so that the gaza strip can be ethnically cleansed as people flee the nazis. then presumably the nazis will move on to the west bank

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Hatebag posted:

it's to make palestinians have nowhere to hide or be able to continue living so that the gaza strip can be ethnically cleansed as people flee the nazis. then presumably the nazis will move on to the west bank

they have been bulldozing nonstop in the west bank and burning down buildings,attacking cities and kidnapping palestinians to thrown in prison this is all combined with nonstop settler attacks

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

God loving dammit

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

moths posted:

There were reports on some sketchy looking hiking boots behind the ice maker.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

they have been bulldozing nonstop in the west bank and burning down buildings,attacking cities and kidnapping palestinians to thrown in prison this is all combined with nonstop settler attacks

yes i know. but they're focusing on gaza right now

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
They are going to use this shooting as an excuse to ramp up the pogroms/ethnic cleansing/genocide in the West Bank

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1725184974834352431

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sancho Banana posted:

I love mixing all of my medical supplies together in boxes labeled "MEDICAL SUPPLIES"
highly efficent

all of the boxes are in english too

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
https://x.com/aryjeay/status/1725182703761322287?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Death By The Blues posted:

They are going to use this shooting as an excuse to ramp up the pogroms/ethnic cleansing/genocide in the West Bank

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1725184974834352431

What does it say, twitter translate only works if you have an account