Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

What does it say, twitter translate only works if you have an account

quote:

Urgent | Reporter #الجزيرة : The Israeli army announces the killing of a soldier in a shooting operation south of Jerusalem today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It says An IDF soldier was shot and killed in south Jersualem

Doesnt say by whom tho :v:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/LizKreutzNews/status/1725176026437681470?s=20

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It says An IDF soldier was shot and killed in south Jersualem

Doesnt say by whom tho :v:

idf soldier stubbing his toe and audibly holding his foot in pain as his commander raises his sidearm to the back of his head and sheds a tear

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
huh, hamas taking credit for the jerusalem shooting

quote:

7m ago (16:20 GMT)
Hamas claims responsibility for Jerusalem shooting

We earlier reported on a shooting that took place at the Tunnels checkpoint near Jerusalem.

The attack has been claimed by Hamas’s armed wing, Qassam Brigades, which has members in the occupied West Bank.

In a statement, the group said some of its members “raided enemy forces at the military checkpoint” between Bethlehem and occupied East Jerusalem.

They were able to “kill and wound a number of Zionist soldiers”, the statement said. The attack was done to “avenge … the martyrs” in Gaza, it added.

The Israeli army has confirmed that one Israeli soldier was killed in the shooting.

Click here to share on social media

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Lmao

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Bail set at a million? Didn't the person involved in the scuffle stay at the scene on the call with 911?

edit: not even a murder charge either. bail seems high

text editor has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Nov 16, 2023

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

what israel is doing is rare. attacks on hospitals happen as the above link to the saudis doing to the houthis shows, but hitting them with JDAMs and then going in with tanks and bulldozers to actually destroy the entire building is not common at all. most militaries just take it and then co-opt it into their own field hospitals.

Most militaries would save poo poo like JDAMs for actual military targets, but then again most wars aren't explicitly wars of extermination

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

text editor posted:

Bail set at a million? Didn't the person involved in the scuffle stay at the scene on the call with 911?

yeah, that dont matter tho

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-11-08/protests-in-ventura-county-left-jewish-man-dead-what-happened-remains-unclear

quote:

Fryhoff said the suspect, identified only as a 50-year-old man from Moorpark, has been cooperative with investigators. He told authorities he was “involved in an altercation” with Kessler before the man fell and hit his head. The suspect was among those who called 911, the sheriff said.

Deputies on Monday briefly detained the man after a traffic stop in Simi Valley while investigators served a search warrant at his home. He was later released, Fryhoff said.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fits my needs posted:

huh, hamas taking credit for the jerusalem shooting

ok so it was an attack on a military position, not a "shooting"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Al! posted:

every IDF soldier is an innocent baby and every Palestinian who is a literal baby is a militant

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

gently caress Israel
gently caress America
gently caress the IDF
gently caress Genocide Joe Biden
gently caress Benjamin "Hitler 2" Netanyahu

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

I've noticed they started referring to dead nazi conscripts as "israelis" instead of "idf troops" or whatever

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/Samehahabeeb/status/1725179917002850335?s=20
If you can't find it, build it!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Hatebag posted:

I've noticed they started referring to dead nazi conscripts as "israelis" instead of "idf troops" or whatever

that's been the way since the 7th. they keep saying "1400 [now 1200] dead civilians" even though lots of them were soldiers

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Zionists bombing the historical mosque in Gaza

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1725188027742327005

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
tone neutral annoncement:-

new footage of hamas using mortars has been released

thank you this has been a tone neutral announcement

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Groucho Marx voice "I've heard Hamas is hiding out in the hospital tunnels!"
"But there are no tunnels in the hospital."

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Are they going to shove all the stolen corpses in the tunnels and pretend they wiped out Hamas Central Command?

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

When was the last time in world history that Hospitals were actively targeted on purpose as a matter of course, other than the Syrian Civil war the only other example I can think of is the Rape of Nanking.

America bombed every free standing building on the Korean peninsula and killed over 10% of the population overall. Much higher in certain areas

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
How long until the IDFs starts attacking windmills

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Could this potentially be in preparation for more rainstorms, assuming they're going to try to hold their ground?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Sancho Banana posted:

How long until the IDFs starts attacking windmills

Well, a few posts above this one is a report of them blowing up a minaret for a mosque, which is sort of like an unarmed quixotic giant so this checks out.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Father Wendigo posted:

Could this potentially be in preparation for more rainstorms, assuming they're going to try to hold their ground?
What has the IDF in Gaza done that would support the idea of them being competent enough to plan and execute something like that?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Father Wendigo posted:

the yare going to take pictures of them and claim its hamas

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

sure seems like the idf is doing exactly what they accused hamas of doing in al-shifa but in an objectively worse way

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

way too early they have pretty much tied up like 1/3 or maybe even 1/2 of the entire israeli military destroyed the entire northern surveillance system and are bombing all the way down to haifa without issues, israel is going insane because over 100k have been evacuated from the north and cant go back

they're terrified of hezbollah but at the same time want to wipe lebanon off the face of planet

Yeah, turning on the heat slowly is the only way to go between the ongoing genocide and your responsibility towards your own people. After all, if missiles weren't reason enough for the US to invade Lebanon why should missiles*1.05 be reason enough? And if they do it's clearly on them.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Lol this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. US Media will run with it too.

happytrees
May 1, 2002
yar

Al-Saqr posted:

tone neutral annoncement:-

new footage of hamas using mortars has been released

thank you this has been a tone neutral announcement

I think this video should be ok to post because it doesn't show any of their targets at all, certainly no gore, no telling what was hit
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1725199068010369417?s=20
but what it DOES show is a room with more than 100 mortar shells neatly stacked, yet all IOF could find in what they thought was the main hamas base were a few guns and some dates.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I gotta say the more you bulldoze hospitals the more it starts to look like you’re trying to ethic cleanse a region by making it unlivable rather than hunting down terrorists.

Like sure you say you saw a shadow in the hospital that looked like a terrorist but after you assault the hospital surely the bulldozer isn’t needed unless it wasn’t about the terrorist at all?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

you fools, the absence of a central command center of the hospital is only further proof that Hamas conceals its tracks.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/netblocks/status/1725161406452891943

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

John Charity Spring posted:

that's been the way since the 7th. they keep saying "1400 [now 1200] dead civilians" even though lots of them were soldiers

I'm sure deliberately conflating civilians and soldiers can't possibly lead to anything bad. It's just like conflating Israelis, Jews and zionists (and communists).

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

we are so far out of the *decorum* zone but, if you're in a discussion about the zionist genocide, this might be useful?

https://twitter.com/FranceskAlbs/status/1724944179510591933

the longer this goes on, the clearer to me that the Palestinians will only survive this genocide by the grace of Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthis, unfortunately.
god willing

this is all so heartbreaking.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

They can find/plant a thousand guns in a hospital, set up a haunted house style tour for reporters and dig miles of tunnels underneath it.. It wont ever justify a military force bombing and occupying a civilian hospital. This isn't the actions of a rational actor, it's the frothing of a rabid dog that is completely sure of it's marketing team.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

like are there stairs down to this super secret terror command bunker underneath the hospital where hamas masons perfectly concealed the entrances or is the only way down there the elevator shaft shown on that video which is inoperable due to lack of power and/or damage which would make it useless in conflict as a command post in the first place

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Tom Tucker posted:

I gotta say the more you bulldoze hospitals the more it starts to look like you’re trying to ethic cleanse a region by making it unlivable rather than hunting down terrorists.

Like sure you say you saw a shadow in the hospital that looked like a terrorist but after you assault the hospital surely the bulldozer isn’t needed unless it wasn’t about the terrorist at all?

Water is wet, and fascists lie.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
mission accomplished, time for the next phase

quote:

21m ago (17:10 GMT)

Israeli minister of defence says ‘capture and mopping up’ of western Gaza City completed

Yoav Gallant also said the Israeli army was moving to the “next phase” of its ground operation in Gaza, without providing further details.

He said the operation at al-Shifa Hospital is continuing and was being carried out in “a selective and precise, but very, very determined manner”.

Gallant also said the military had made “significant findings” at the hospital complex, but he did not elaborate and it was not clear if he was referring to “evidence” already released by the Israeli military.

Gallant says Israel is moving to the ‘next phase’ of its ground operation in Gaza [File: Amir Cohen/Reuters]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

cant wait for news reports on hamas' fierce doctors brigade. they dress like doctors. they have degrees like doctors. they put their lives on the line to preform life saving surgeries in the middle of a warzone like doctors. they cant fight against heavily armed soldiers like doctors. how brave the idf is to confront these animals!