Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m kinda curious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fishy I imagine

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

By popular demand posted:

Do we have any butt loving Bostonians in the hous?
Where my butt Bonin bostonites at?

Boston makes me feel good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Butt I Boston from there

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Sakurazuka posted:

Fishy I imagine
Shrimpy if anything, as the pink coloring comes from the algae and shrimp (that also eat the algae) they eat.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

SOTN legion lookin mac

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Will I turn pink too if I eat too many shrimps?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I have my own version of that from when I plopped out some pasta leftovers from a tupperware

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have my own version of that from when I plopped out some pasta leftovers from a tupperware

I don't hate this, but I think stirred it'd make sense.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oh man pan sear that cube before cheese and baking gently caress yaaaaaa

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The Alchemist posted:

Will I turn pink too if I eat too many shrimps?

Eat too much and you'll get sick, shrimps are pretty rich

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Found at my local Hannaford Apple Cabin:

Chicken Paws?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I love it, I'm gonna start calling em that :allears:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My dearly departed grandma would-be spinning in her grave, if she'd understood English.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

DrBouvenstein posted:

Found at my local Hannaford Apple Cabin:

Chicken Paws?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love it, I'm gonna start calling em that :allears:

I screenshotted these because I'm also in favour and I'm going to teach my kid to say chicken paws and you're now my evidence that it's a thing if he gets called out.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i heard that we export our chicken paws because no one here eats them

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i heard that we export our chicken paws because no one here eats them

Well not at $2.99/pound , I'm not!

I'd buy them and try them if they were the price I feel they should be... Max $0.99 but really like $0.50/pound because what were you going to do with them anyway? Throw them out?

I imagine it's like a chicken wing that's all crispy skin, none of that dumb meat to get in the way. Or just turn them into the most collagen-rich chicken stock ever.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chop em up a bit and surprise your guests with a delicious bowl of split paw soup

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

DrBouvenstein posted:

what were you going to do with them anyway? Throw them out?
Sell them in the Chinese market where demand is bottomless.

Sometomes they're fried super crispy which I haven't tried. Our local awesome buffet (rip) used to have them stewed with peppers, very tasty stuff. Pretty much just skin.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

Sell them in the Chinese market where demand is bottomless.

Well that's the thing, I live in an area with a decent* South-Asian and Indian sub-continent populations, primarily Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, Indian, and Nepali.

I'm not sure if those cultures use them as much as others, but I thought they did, so you'd think they'd sell them for a lower price? Though maybe the populations that do eat them more get them at one of the various Asian markets around town ?

*I mean, I live in a drat white area overall, but relatively multi-cultural compared to similar towns of the same size in northern New England or New York.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have exactly the same story, but perhaps my pasta had been lost in the back of the fridge a bit longer than yours.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Gromit posted:

I have exactly the same story, but perhaps my pasta had been lost in the back of the fridge a bit longer than yours.

thinking Ugh, I hate this trend of people serving pasta directly on marble countertops... wait... :stonk:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Gromit posted:

wow blue pasta

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've had Filipino style chicken feet, they were pretty decent but I liked the sauce way more than the meat.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's ok to give up on some parts of an animal as viable human food, and consign them to being ground into dog food, or into school lunches.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

LifeSunDeath posted:

wow blue pasta

Still better than the waffles

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Supper Salad Bowl
by Mary Meade, June 25, 1943

Ingredients:
  • ½ pound frankfurters
  • ½ cup French dressing
  • ¼ cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 cup grated raw turnip
  • 1 cup grated raw carrot
  • Mayonnaise and lettuce
  • Coleslaw
Instructions:

1. Simmer frankfurters in water for 5 minutes and cool.
2. Slice frankfurters and cover with French dressing. Let stand in refrigerator for half-hour.
3. Combine green pepper and cottage cheese.
4. Combine grated turnip and carrot; moisten with mayonnaise.
5. Arrange lettuce in salad bowl. In separate lettuce cups, arrange frankfurters, cottage cheese, grated carrot, and turnip, and coleslaw. Serve with mayonnaise.

:stare:
I really want to see a photo of this one, but sadly I don't think it exists

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Hygiene posted:

Supper Salad Bowl
by Mary Meade, June 25, 1943

Ingredients:
  • ½ pound frankfurters
  • ½ cup French dressing
  • ¼ cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 cup grated raw turnip
  • 1 cup grated raw carrot
  • Mayonnaise and lettuce
  • Coleslaw
Instructions:

1. Simmer frankfurters in water for 5 minutes and cool.
2. Slice frankfurters and cover with French dressing. Let stand in refrigerator for half-hour.
3. Combine green pepper and cottage cheese.
4. Combine grated turnip and carrot; moisten with mayonnaise.
5. Arrange lettuce in salad bowl. In separate lettuce cups, arrange frankfurters, cottage cheese, grated carrot, and turnip, and coleslaw. Serve with mayonnaise.

:stare:
I really want to see a photo of this one, but sadly I don't think it exists

Add some cayenne pepper, maybe trade the hot dogs for something one tier better, and ya know what? Big would

Personal afp: topping pasta with some cottage cheese and coleslaw is a thing I do sometimes, incinerating any italians in the general vicinity

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Nov 17, 2023

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I sadly don't have any images of this, as it happened over 20 years ago, but when I was in elementary school and had just gotten braces, I regularly brought apple slices to school with lunch. Only problem was they got brown by the time lunch rolled around, so they looked bad. I had seen in a magazine recently that brushing apple slices with lemon juice would keep them from browning, so I shared this info with my mom, who said something like (paraphrased) "oh poo poo, nice, let's do that." When I left for school, she let me know that it turned out that we didn't have lemon juice, so she used orange juice instead, because it's also citrus fruit, so it should work the same, no worries.

It did not work the same.

Opened my lunchbox that day to a bag of brown apple slices in a thin, bottom-of-the-bag puddle of orange juice. Not only had the apples browned anyway, they tasted so much like orange juice that they were practically impossible to eat.

So, in case anyone else wanted to keep apple slices from browning, don't even bother with orange juice. It was so awful.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well not at $2.99/pound , I'm not!

I'd buy them and try them if they were the price I feel they should be... Max $0.99 but really like $0.50/pound because what were you going to do with them anyway? Throw them out?

I imagine it's like a chicken wing that's all crispy skin, none of that dumb meat to get in the way. Or just turn them into the most collagen-rich chicken stock ever.

If you're the kind of person who loves chicken skin and gnaws on cartilage, these are great. No real meat to them per se, but they're good to chew on.

If you're not that kind of person, throw them into the pot when you're making stock. I don't buy actual chicken feet that often, but I love ordering them when I go out for dim sum.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I got a bowl of instant tempura udon noodles and this was the dehydrated tempura puck that was included.

Mmm...decapods.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Gromit posted:

I hate when the posters of this thread get involved. I mean, I love it, but I hate it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Otana posted:

If you're the kind of person who loves chicken skin and gnaws on cartilage, these are great. No real meat to them per se, but they're good to chew on.

I never know what to make of recommendations like this, because chicken skin is the best but cartilage is the worst. I guess chicken paws are the most middle-of-the-road food of all on average?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Captain Hygiene posted:

I never know what to make of recommendations like this, because chicken skin is the best but cartilage is the worst. I guess chicken paws are the most middle-of-the-road food of all on average?

Doesn't sound like it would balance out to me

It's your very favorite food, but it's got a turd on it, works out to average

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bdubs I returned the infested sesame cookies I posted earlier and the guy insisted on giving me a full refund and promised they'll go over the entire stock.

So as best an ending as one could expect.

I think I'll avoid sesame cookies for a while nonetheless.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Last time I returned some food was a pot of Thai curry paste to one of the asian speciality shops nearby, because I noticed before opening it that it was a few months past its use by date and given it contained shrimp paste I didn't think it was ideal. I got my refund but then watched as, right in front of me, she took the curry paste I'd just returned and put it straight back on the shelf.

Didn't shop there again, the next door asian shop had a better selection anyway and a few months later it closed down and was replaced by a turkish/middle eastern shop instead.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Bdubs I returned the infested sesame cookies I posted earlier and the guy insisted on giving me a full refund and promised they'll go over the entire stock.

So as best an ending as one could expect.

I think I'll avoid sesame cookies for a while nonetheless.
I had to search to find this, you only posted it in cursed images.

Cursed is I already ate some sesame cookies before noticing and shared with my friends.

Also I saw another one in there.
Unfortunately the gif refuses to load properly for me so I'm assuming

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

wow blue pasta

You might like it from the other side then:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gromit posted:

You might like it from the other side then:

It’s beautiful. Wouldn’t, but it’s beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Trying to figure out if you're joking is making me cross.