Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Use a rocket? On a shrieker? gently caress that, I'll just wait until the boat gets close and shoot it with my primar ---AAAHHHH MY BONES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MJeff posted:

Use a rocket? On a shrieker? gently caress that, I'll just wait until the boat gets close and shoot it with my primar ---AAAHHHH MY BONES

Uhhh heavies are for bosses? kwtd much????

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
lmao if you ve never watched your pubbies exclusively empty their heacy on the boss during an invincibility phase

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

life_source posted:

lmao if you ve never watched your pubbies exclusively empty their heacy on the boss during an invincibility phase

I have also done that when I'm distracted by something in the real world. It is extremely embarrassing tho.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

life_source posted:

I have seen enough supers and heavy to kill Master Warpriest get drained into a Primeval's first phase and/or invincibility shield.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
the pubstove burns more players yet again

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol someone had a machine gun witherhoard tonight in IB and someone else had the same with a hand cannon

Guys you didn't need it, my potatoes got three hunts on your team and zero kills in em

One day I'll get a team worth a poo poo but not today

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 16, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lib and let die posted:

Somewhere, Kith stirs...

kith is currently asleep until the shape is finaled

Mesadoram posted:

Kith is 100% correct, the Fighting Lion is awesome :hmmyes:.

this is true though, i am always 100% correct

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm almost at 20k kills with my le monarque. Just 80k more and I'll be even with kith's fighting lion

:pray:

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

life_source posted:

I do this but out of spite and contempt for the concept of invincibility phases

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

kith is currently asleep until the shape is finaled

this is true though, i am always 100% correct

Jeff wakes, Kith sleeps. Hmmm....

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

neutral milf hotel posted:

I'm almost at 20k kills with my le monarque. Just 80k more and I'll be even with kith's fighting lion

20k is v respectable, and I wish I could let you live in the bliss of your ignorance but

Kith posted:

videogames

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

neutral milf hotel posted:

I'm a bit over 50k with my NTTE. In the crucible. :smug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FlapYoJacks posted:

I'm a bit over 50k with my NTTE. In the crucible. :smug:

So you have time to explain why

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

So you have time to explain why

I am a masochist, just like every other Destiny 2 player.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Panderfringe posted:

I do this but out of spite and contempt for the concept of invincibility phases

Right up there with puns rarely using supers, or abilities.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

uwaeve posted:

20k is v respectable, and I wish I could let you live in the bliss of your ignorance but

Ok so I need 230k more kills to catch up to kith

I can do that by 2028 :hai:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Important TWAB info:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ok whoever suggested the infinite loop arc hunter build, that poo poo is hilarious

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MJeff posted:

Important TWAB info:

The Final Shape

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Kitness

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The universe makes us all victim....and purrpetrator....

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
you shoot witness? you shoot witness like a redbar? oh! oh! jail for the guardian. jail for the gaurdian for One Thousand Years!!!!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Are any of the red war vanguard weapons from the seasonal vendor worth going for? I have 90+ engrams and nothing else to sink them into, but none of them jump out at me as a goal.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They're fine, nothing special but some have neat stuff. Mostly they're there for if you used them to start with imo

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

MJeff posted:

Important TWAB info:

I am not a cat person, but man this is a cute cat

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Almost there… 😈

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

The Showrunner kinetic SMG is solid. Notably it can get some silly combos like overflow + target lock/kinetic tremors.
Honestly its biggest problem is that it's a kinetic legendary primary.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Other than the aforementioned Showrunner, Deadpan Delivery is notable for getting discord+trench barrel for pve and slickdraw for pvp.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Worth noting, Showrunner is also the only SMG that can get Kinetic Tremors and since it's a 900, it procs stupidly fast. It's a real fun gun :v:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Reading this week's TWIDDY and noticing a few funny things. First, they really want people to do lost sectors don't they? So their solution, rather than raise the rate of exotics is to add... Gunsmith engrams that will also drop from random chests in the world, and a random world pool weapon, with a chance of an extra perk in column 3 or 4. Also the world gun isn't even guaranteed on Legend, that's just 70% lol

I don't think anyone trying to farm Solo Master Lost Sectors really gives the biggest poo poo about world pool weapons, especially when they're going to be focusable at Banshee anyway. And with removal of purple shards they don't actually provide that as a reward (I guess if you needed shards). Really trying everything they can to entice people to Lost Sectors, except, like, reliable good rewards. I dunno, at least offer a chance for, like, team Lost Sectors that give out cores or something, try something new, because this drip feed of "okay but what if we added 9000 glimmer too" is not working.

The other thing is with the push to focusing everything but removing purple shards, but not increasing the glimmer cap, means you can focus like 5 Adept weapons before you gotta go top up. That doesn't seem very good to me. I get they're padding it out, but just seems dumb. Just drop the glimmer requirement. Hell if everything is going to need engrams anyway just drop glimmer entirely, it doesn't serve any purpose besides timegating.

Lastly, Dark Decider is going away! Anyway.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They want people to populate public events??? That's the only thing I can think of. So new players can think the game is so alive with everybody running around on planets again instead of them being empty.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm never hitting rank 10 because I'm never bothering with master lost sectors again. Not worth the effort.

I only hit 9 to begin with because I finally got around to doing GotD lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

RBX posted:

They want people to populate public events??? That's the only thing I can think of. So new players can think the game is so alive with everybody running around on planets again instead of them being empty.

You'd think that's where they'd put the guaranteed world drop guns if that's the case, instead of tacking it on to Lost Sectors. But then I guess getting world guns would be too easy (???). They have the weirdest direction with "beginner" loot, sticking it in harder activities (Master LS for a Coronach, sweet!) but actual easy world activities like public events that are some of the first new lights see get them pretty much nothing.

Except like a few I don't think any world weapons have come close to being "top tier meta gotta have it" so the paranoia in letting people get them is weird as poo poo. You'd think you'd want to entice new players with easy and repeatable methods of getting loot too but oh well.

With the glimmer boosting mods it only takes like 15 heroic public events to go from 0 to 250k glimmer, so that's gonna be fun for focusing. Hope everyone saved the glimmershard thingies lol

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
There's a couple great world drops, like nox gets up/ks and envious/burst, battle scar gets s2l/tremors, psi gets a bunch of good pvp rolls, etc. But nobody is going to farm for one at those odds. Assume you want a specific roll of a gun with two perks it'll be a 1 in (4*6*6)= 156 shot, forget about the barrel/mag/mw. And yeah it's better the more weapons/combos you want but as was said there's a lot of stinkers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nox Perennial is the obvious one, but funnily, like, all of the top tier swords besides Bequest (a raid weapon) and Other Half (a notoriously rare Dares weapon) are adaptive frame world drops. Like, if you can't get your hands on Bequest, I would legitimately recommend to you, next season, go farm Lost Sectors for a god roll Nasreddin, it's gonna be pretty good. Also, Nasredding even has a slight niche that Bequest doesn't because it can get whirlwind blade, which Bequest can't, so if you can't be assed to do Surrounded strats for Crota? There y'go.

Ultimately, I do agree that it's kind of goofy that they're putting this kind of drop in this place when what Lost Sectors really need to be is either 1) More generous with the exotics so it can be a legitimate source of farming, 2) More generous with the Prisms so it can be a legitimate source of Shards to do exotic focusing at Rahool and this is just making the loot pool for Lost Sectors....wider? Not necessarily better? But I will also never object to making stuff more feasible to target farm, and "there's actually good weapons in the world drop pool but there's no way to target farm them" was a bit of a problem lately.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MJeff posted:

Nox Perennial is the obvious one, but funnily, like, all of the top tier swords besides Bequest (a raid weapon) and Other Half (a notoriously rare Dares weapon) are adaptive frame world drops. Like, if you can't get your hands on Bequest, I would legitimately recommend to you, next season, go farm Lost Sectors for a god roll Nasreddin, it's gonna be pretty good. Also, Nasredding even has a slight niche that Bequest doesn't because it can get whirlwind blade, which Bequest can't, so if you can't be assed to do Surrounded strats for Crota? There y'go.

I would not get Nasreddin over a Geodetic unless you really want it to be Arc. You can get the exact same roll, but the Geodetic has 57 Charge Rate by default vs 30. The Nasreddin can get up to 85, but only with 5 stacks of Field Tested. For boss DPS, that's gonna run you 201 swings before you've got that charge time. Obviously charge rate increases as you go, but it'll take 131 swings before it passes the Geoetic's base rate. If you can get some add kills just before DPS with the sword that's gonna be much lower, but then we're getting into more complex stuff anyway and ammo efficiency stuff I can't be assed to figure out.

Caretaker from Defiant is a craftable that can get Relentless+Surrounded and stats out identically to the "standard" sword kit. Goldtusk (Hunter only) can get Relentless+Whirlwind, and the Veist Stringer for swords increases charge rate by some unknown amount on random hits. Death's Razor can get a decent kit with Relentless+Whirlwind or Surrounded, but can't get the good guard so it loses out on 10 charge rate.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I wonder if farming world chests could end up being the best way to get gunsmith engrams. If you need glimmer and/or don’t need cores or prisms it may be a thing to just slap on a chest ghost and sparrow around some loop with a sniper rifle.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

poor life choice posted:

I wonder if farming world chests could end up being the best way to get gunsmith engrams. If you need glimmer and/or don’t need cores or prisms it may be a thing to just slap on a chest ghost and sparrow around some loop with a sniper rifle.

Does it still do lockouts? Because wow do I remember basically every farming experience with chests being a nightmare every time I've tried because after you collect a few it stops dropping anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

EVGA Longoria posted:

Does it still do lockouts? Because wow do I remember basically every farming experience with chests being a nightmare every time I've tried because after you collect a few it stops dropping anything.

oh my god i forgot about the lockouts