Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Caesar Saladin posted:

I got my reddit account perma'd for saying that its not okay to punch nazies, its actually fantastic to punch nazis.

lmao this is exactly how my first Reddit account got perma'd. I chose to nuke my 2nd one after trying to argue to someone that someone winning a SLAPP suit doesn't prove they're innocent of sexual assault and never looked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Mine was perma'd because I said on some poacher post they should cut off the poacher's horn to be fair to the rhino. Humans don't even have a horn but reddit admins can't be expected to know about humans.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but males have the lower horn?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PhazonLink posted:

but males have the lower horn?

I don’t know about your lower horn, bud, but I’m pretty attached to mine.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Caesar Saladin posted:

I got my reddit account perma'd for saying that its not okay to punch nazies, its actually fantastic to punch nazis.

If you haven’t you can go to Public Freakout and do a search for Buzz Aldrin. That is the only accepted form of violence according to Reddit.

Everything else is “imagine being so fragile that x causes you to behave like an animal”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Black Noise posted:

That is the only accepted form of violence according to Reddit.

Lol no way. Open season on non whites and males

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Please do NOT contact the Taliban and ask for new 9/11 footage.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

are people still that into 9/11?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

TK8325 posted:

are people still that into 9/11?

supposedly bin ladens message to america just went viral on tiktok https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/osama-bin-laden-letter-to-america-goes-viral-21-years-later-tiktok-1234879711/

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

bin Laden... based???

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Biplane posted:

bin Laden... based???

Yes

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Stupid Gen Z. Bush did 9/11, not bin Laden!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ever notice you never saw Bob Laden and George Bush in the same room at the same time?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bob laden lmao

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Orville Samuel Benjamin Laden

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Not of the Boston Benjamin-Ladens though, they're new money.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Reddit is wild because you can be told it’s wrong to punch Nazis one moment and see a bunch of people cheering for violence against kids misbehaving in public in the span of like a minute.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Elderbean posted:

Reddit is wild because you can be told it’s wrong to punch Nazis one moment and see a bunch of people cheering for violence against kids misbehaving in public in the span of like a minute.

If they were Nazi kids they wouldn't want them punished tho.

It's one of the most common Reddit tropes, they love violence against women, POC, misc minorities, foreigners, etc, but if there's a Nazi or pedophile involved suddenly they trot out the "why can't you be civilised and treat them like the humans they are?" line. Hashtag not all Nazi pedos, etc.

It's almost like Reddit harbors a lot of Nazi and pedophilic users. And no, none of them are just sympathizing for the "hypothetical friend" they have or whatever, it's them, they're the Nazi pedos.

Plus gaming. That's the Reddit holy Trinity I think.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Compare the comments on a new post about Gaza with one that’s been up a few hours, particularly in a smaller sub like /r/Australia.

It’s really dubious how the pendulum swings pro-IDF and then the post is hard locked. You can click the posters names and most post exclusively about Palestine. It’s crazy how dedicated they are.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

well why not posted:

Compare the comments on a new post about Gaza with one that’s been up a few hours, particularly in a smaller sub like /r/Australia.

It’s really dubious how the pendulum swings pro-IDF and then the post is hard locked. You can click the posters names and most post exclusively about Palestine. It’s crazy how dedicated they are.

Yeah I normally check r/worldnews to get some, well, world news but ever since this war it’s been an absolute flood of pro-Israel stuff from Israeli sites. And of course the top comments are exactly what you’d expect, constant jerking off the IDF

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Worldnews is even more pointless than before, which is really saying something. Straight up "Hamas / Palestine are cockroaches" comments are tolerated.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Are they still calling Russians Orks? Or did they run out of steam like when they were going to liberate Hong Kong?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
watch elon buy a loving website

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Reddit has been way grosser about gaza than they have about pretty much anything in recent memory including ukraine.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Black Noise posted:

Are they still calling Russians Orks? Or did they run out of steam like when they were going to liberate Hong Kong?

drat the reddit comes from inside the thread again

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Reddit has been way grosser about gaza than they have about pretty much anything in recent memory including ukraine.

I've been wondering how much of that is actual normal everyday "redditors" posting that as opposed to IDF propaganda bot accounts

All the really vehemently pro-IDF anti-palestine comments seem to get made immediately after a post, which of course on Reddit means it gets the most upvotes. And Israel has never been particularly subtle about its internet propaganda/hasbara bullshit

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 17, 2023

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Elaborate, I’m asking if they are still doing that or are you guys doing that here and I didn’t get the memo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Maybe don’t read reddit?

:shrug:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's because the people dying in ukraine are too white. The people of gaza are generally darker, and thus taking immense satisfaction from their dying is cool and good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

well yeah

But they're definitely jacking off about ukraine too. it's a shithole of a website

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been wondering how much of that is actual normal everyday "redditors" posting that as opposed to IDF propaganda bot accounts

All the really vehemently pro-IDF anti-palestine comments seem to get made immediately after a post, which of course on Reddit means it gets the most upvotes. And Israel has never been particularly subtle about its internet propaganda/hasbara bullshit

Reddit, as a collective and general whole, has been incredibly racist and Islamophobic for decades. I've seen multiple posts spread around, before this recent incident, about how the entire middle east should be nuked and redditors generally just love to talk about how anyone from or in the middle east should be killed and their beliefs wiped out. Reddit admins actively defend and protect the multiple conservative subreddits that pump that poo poo out daily. The latest round of pro-israel stuff just gave them an an excuse to be even more public with it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Reddit is the Lone Wolf (White Male) Shooter Factory

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Something I kind of wonder about is how many downvotes you could absorb without outright getting banned. Because at face value it should go hand in hand - no different than goons mass reporting some annoying unpopular poster and trying to drive them off the forum.

The other day in a reddit thread people were joking, "Isn't it funny how in these videos of [man deep frying turkey/getting into a fight/setting a wasp nest on fire/etc] there's always some woman in the background telling TOM DON'T, TOM, PLEASE, TOM CALM DOWN, TOM!"

There was a reply that was basically "that's because the women in these videos are the only ones with any common sense" and it got like two thousand down votes lol. Really triggered some nerds there.

Does "punch communists" get the same outraged reaction as "punch Nazis"? Don't these morons think they're both the same thing anyway? They keep saying Communists are the "real" fascists after all. :colbert:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the most downvoted comment in history was some EA pr intern defending the microtransactions in a starwar game

iirc you had to buy realmoney lootboxes to get darth vader

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Panfilo posted:

Something I kind of wonder about is how many downvotes you could absorb without outright getting banned. Because at face value it should go hand in hand - no different than goons mass reporting some annoying unpopular poster and trying to drive them off the forum.

Indefinitely. I recall the most downvoted user a long time ago was a dude committed to it by being deliberately off topic, no idea if he’s still at it. But there are subreddits that lock you out if you’re below a certain number of karma, like 100.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Getting a ton of downvotes at once can rate limit a users ability to reply to posts temporarily

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Who do you think hates Reddit the most?

1. 4chan
2.Something Awful
3. Reddit themselves

My vote is definitely 3.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Biplane posted:

Lmfao

bin Laden... based???

Not according to my man Xan, here:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, don't idolize CIA operatives, no matter how much you like their other work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

tehslime posted:

Not according to my man Xan, here:

Considering he’s in the camp of debate bros who largely shun intersectionality, this makes me more inclined to like Bin Laden.