Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
when Bridges plays as the like all-star caliber player that he is and going into next year we get puff pieces about learning and growing through personal adversity <<<<<<

god forbid if they sneak into the playin and playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If he stinks it up are the hornets going to suddenly be very concerned about the allegations

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Keegan Murray putting together an all defense first team season significantly raises the Kings’ ceiling. Apparently he spent a lot of time in the off season guarding Fox and he’s been fantastic at staying in front of smaller ball handlers and fighting over screens. Lots of disruptions and deflections.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Maestro posted:

Keegan Murray putting together an all defense first team season significantly raises the Kings’ ceiling. Apparently he spent a lot of time in the off season guarding Fox and he’s been fantastic at staying in front of smaller ball handlers and fighting over screens. Lots of disruptions and deflections.

The team's defense against the Lakers impressed the hell out of me overall.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Unfortunately he's probably not wrong

yeah it sucks but a lot of fans will just deflect or come up with some other justifications on why it's ok for him to be playing if they're winning

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

A day after I had an emotional reaction to the pistons being bad, monty has a statement about how he's going to change things to bring more space to the court. I don't know why it took until 2-10 for this to happen.

Speaking to reporters after practice, Williams said, “I have to do a better job of allowing him to play in more space. Think I gotta change up the combinations with him on the floor so the paint isn’t as crowded. I think that’s going to free him up to see a lot more clearly, if you will,” according to Omari Sankofa.

From the Pop school of sticking with rotations for minimum 10 games and only changing them afterwards.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Maestro posted:

I'm happy to hear this because getting noticeably better at defense is hard.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

The team's defense against the Lakers impressed the hell out of me overall.

A lot of variables at play, and I don’t blame people for focusing on Lakers turnovers rather than Kings defense, but Sac had 20 steals. That’s not all accidental

Kibner posted:

I'm happy to hear this because getting noticeably better at defense is hard.

They’re putting him on Steph and Donovan Mitchell, and D’Lo type guys. His shooting has been inconsistent this season which I do attribute to expending extra energy on D. Can afford to if Huerter is starting to average 20+ points on 50+ 3P%

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Keegan is using his decent length and while he's not fleet of foot, it seems like spending all that time guarding Fox 1:1 over the summer seems to have taught him tremendous discipline at guarding much quicker guys

Offensively he's all of the place. Expending energy on defense is one thing but his footwork there is a bit of a mess. I don't see him squaring up properly a lot on his shots anymore. It's like all the talk about improving his on-ball moves got in his head and his foot now instinctually scatter in all directions when he spots up

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1724846202846380110

https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/status/1724842785407152342

Be Free Zach, get on a good team that has an initiator so you never have to pretend to be one ever again.

Who has the assets/cap space to get him?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Someone on a ESPN panel mentioned trading Austin Reeves and Cam Reddish to get Lavine to shore up AD's inability to play well 2 games in a row.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The LaVine trade haul is going to insanely underwhelming.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Jason Kidd's glasses bother me

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

The LaVine trade haul is going to insanely underwhelming.

you dont want Chris Boucher, Gary Trent Jr, and a first?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Let me tell you about Chris Paul and some picks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No one before the new year then probably Lakers, Sixers, Heat or Raptors

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lockback posted:

President Xi thinks they should never have left Oakland.

Xi’s been a fan since Baron Davis and that playoff run.

But yeah they’re good so that attracts attention, plus GSW have leaned into the Chinese New Year stuff as well as the history in the Bay. Makes sense.

(Tokyo is the home to a bunch of now-dusty Wizards jerseys and newer Lakers Hachimura jerseys, along with the hypebeast stuff)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

pentyne posted:

Someone on a ESPN panel mentioned trading Austin Reeves and Cam Reddish to get Lavine to shore up AD's inability to play well 2 games in a row.

I wish ESPN would shut the gently caress up. The "every other game" thing is so loving stupid because it is starting at a base idea that defense doesn't exist but it also just doesn't play out that way in reality on offense.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

"Sucka Free," celebrating a poorly executed attack from behind. Unhinged.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

its just good marketing

this guy got the right idea:

https://twitter.com/GSWReddit/status/1725257178683170862

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat I'm so stupid I thought it would be funny to make it a shirt and didn't, too slow again.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I’m a day late to notice this but with the Jazz win over the Blazers and the Grizzlies loss to the Lakers, Memphis officially became the first team ever eliminated from the in season tournament

There’s always next year

E: out before the raptors even played a tournament game!

Squinky v2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 17, 2023

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I’m a day late to notice this but with the Jazz win over the Blazers and the Grizzlies loss to the Lakers, Memphis officially became the first team ever eliminated from the in season tournament

There’s always next year

E: out before the raptors even played a tournament game!

Surely the Clippers were first?

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Griz are the only 0-3 team, it’s theoretically possible to advance as a 2-2 team if your whole group goes 2-2. 1-3 can never get you there.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

harperdc posted:

Xi’s been a fan since Baron Davis and that playoff run.

But yeah they’re good so that attracts attention, plus GSW have leaned into the Chinese New Year stuff as well as the history in the Bay. Makes sense.

And well, Houston hasn't been too popular recently for...some reasons

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The return for Zach could be anything. It depends on who wants to jump in.

The Sixers would have a bunch of picks,
Pistons have a couple of good young guys. I'd be interested in, who are being murdered by Monty's rotations. (Not Wiseman)
Heat have Jovic, and Herro, and some pick in 2046
Lakers have Hood Shifino who I liked coming out of the draft a bunch, and whatever other trash to match salary.
Nets have a couple of young gunners, some nice picks and I'd probably be willing to take Ben Simmons off their hands.

Number of other teams also have intriguing stuff. Just who the gently caress knows.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I guess part of it also depends on if Zach has a list of teams he won't go to

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the heat dont need zach lavine to come to town and ruin their perfect friendship ball. i hope he finds a comfy home on the lakers personally

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dlo/Zach back court. It wouldn't be as bad as a defense as it'd look but it'd look really bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

the heat dont need zach lavine to come to town and ruin their perfect friendship ball. i hope he finds a comfy home on the lakers personally

Zach would thrive in a friendship ball environment. The Bulls just haven't had an environment where friendship ball was possible, except the 3 months with Lonzo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I always felt like Zach and Jimmy would have been a way better pairing with the Wolves instead of Wiggins and Jimmy so sure go to the Heat and show me if I was maybe right

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

pentyne posted:

Yeah and like $25 million more salary sure

Dexo posted:

The return for Zach could be anything. It depends on who wants to jump in.

The Sixers would have a bunch of picks,
Pistons have a couple of good young guys. I'd be interested in, who are being murdered by Monty's rotations. (Not Wiseman)
Heat have Jovic, and Herro, and some pick in 2046
Lakers have Hood Shifino who I liked coming out of the draft a bunch, and whatever other trash to match salary.
Nets have a couple of young gunners, some nice picks and I'd probably be willing to take Ben Simmons off their hands.

Number of other teams also have intriguing stuff. Just who the gently caress knows.

Not involving Zach, but I think the wildest Bulls trade idea might be Caruso/Vuc/DeMar for drat near everything not nailed down in Philly. (heck if you wanted go truly nuts they could throw in tobias for zach and the bulls could just be nearly entirely absorbed by philly)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the lakers will just give up a platter of poo poo players and some dumb pick for 40 years from now and the bulls will just give it to them because the lakers get whatever they want from the league.

hope zach likes playing for a team with fans who actually expect the team to win and not just try to make the 9 seed every year! good luck, buddy!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls attempt to tank but end up picking 10th because they inadvertently unleash basketball superstar onrualp bitim

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the heat have won 7 in a row. tyler herro is a bane to good offense. time flows on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is also very funny to me that the bulls literally cannot tank and rebuild. they owe their 2025 (protected) pick to the spurs! if they trade everyone this year and load up on rookies they will absolutely be dogshit next year and won't even have a draft pick! they're totally hosed!!!!!!!!

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

R.D. Mangles posted:

the lakers will just give up a platter of poo poo players and some dumb pick for 40 years from now and the bulls will just give it to them because the lakers get whatever they want from the league.
Everybody let's give a real chicago welcome to D'Angeloooo Ruusseeeeeelllllllll!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

RIP to the BallZach backcourt. What could have been.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't handle like 5 more seasons of this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtldtItPzUw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is also very funny to me that the bulls literally cannot tank and rebuild. they owe their 2025 (protected) pick to the spurs! if they trade everyone this year and load up on rookies they will absolutely be dogshit next year and won't even have a draft pick! they're totally hosed!!!!!!!!

They should do that anyway so the spurs get a good pick