Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

David Lynch or Bruce Campbell audiobooks were a good gateway drug for me. But I'm really picky with the narrators I connect with, so I check out a lot of previews. So I'm more paper, but I enjoy plenty of audiobooks too.

People reading their own life story is always a good one. Currently enjoying Rob Halford's, and the Angry Video Game Nerd James Rolfe's is cool too.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Nov 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Alan Partridge autobiography audiobook is read by Alan Partridge and is absolutely great.

Also I have tons of physical books. My favourite book has travelled across the continents with me every time I have gone, and my Ex actually took it, got in contact with the author and got him to sign inside it and write me a letter encouraging me on my own writing :3:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

VG posted:

The Alan Partridge autobiography audiobook is read by Alan Partridge and is absolutely great.

you could say it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtoM2kcnfbM&t=16s

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Thinking about the time I instinctively did that with a 70s Playboy without even considering my actions.

quad post cum huff

no rules just right

e: my combo!!!!!

I just wanna quote this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Smell my cheese and kiss my face

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Some good Black Friday offerings in Finland.
My local store is selling the PS5 disc version for 400 €, so -33% off.
:blastu:

Now if it only had games (for sale)...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VG posted:

Also I have tons of physical books. My favourite book has travelled across the continents with me every time I have gone, and my Ex actually took it, got in contact with the author and got him to sign inside it and write me a letter encouraging me on my own writing :3:

You got a signed Sal Marino??

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
poo poo, I didn’t expect Alan Wake 2 to kinda ruin RE4 for me. I’ve played it on release and thought it was the best game I’ve played this year but now it looks so last gen, and the movement is rear end. Maybe it’s also because so far Separate Ways unfortunately seems very mid despite me hoping otherwise :(

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I used to like physical stuff then the pandemic happened, I stopped going to video game stores on the way home from work, and also I moved a couple times. I don't need more stuff on my shelves. Feel the same way about books (though I would always make an exception for Terry Pratchett).

Anyway, Teardown is fun, I can't imagine how difficult this poo poo is going to get in later levels when I'm scraping by in earlier ones with only a couple second remaining

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1725495383583797379?s=20

:getin: I will play this a few more times

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tales of Berseria update: I found a cowboy hat. I am now wearing a cowboy hat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowboy hat + pipe on everyone

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Haven't found any pipes yet :thunk::pipe:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I like my physical media. Books, games, movies. All great to own. The real sign of physical media sickos are owning CDs, though. I don't buy many albums but if I do I prefer to own the CDs and then rip them for a digital backup and use. I still have my Sony Walkman from highschool that I occasionally use.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

criterion dvd's are half off at barnes and nobles (and amazon) so i picked up a handful.

physical media ftw

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I can see a case for physical movies, but DVDs are just straight up waste at this point. I am never watching a movie in 480p again.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

pixel bitches posted:

My gf just refers to Tales of Berseria as "that anime rpg where you put a tiny cowboy hat on the main person"

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Morpheus posted:

Anyway, Teardown is fun, I can't imagine how difficult this poo poo is going to get in later levels when I'm scraping by in earlier ones with only a couple second remaining

From what I played on PC it seems to do a good job of giving you new tools while ramping up the challenge in a way where it stays fairly consistent.

Also if you aren't already make sure to scrounge levels for stuff to steal to get money for upgrades.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Volte posted:

I can see a case for physical movies, but DVDs are just straight up waste at this point. I am never watching a movie in 480p again.

Originally I was aghast that you wouldn't ever watch Visitor Q again, but just realized it's actually 480i.

Only the best directors use DVcam for their films.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Morpheus posted:

My gf just refers to Tales of Berseria as "that anime rpg where you put a tiny cowboy hat on the main person"

Lmao good to know I'm playing it correctly

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

pixel bitches posted:

lol takes me back, I remember also wearing the cowboy hat for the rest of the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I instantly swapped Velvet back to her prologue outfit and the cowboy hat to the point I genuinely forget about her actual 'canon' design until I am reminded.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

univbee posted:

Originally I was aghast that you wouldn't ever watch Visitor Q again, but just realized it's actually 480i.

Only the best directors use DVcam for their films.
Okay I should clarify that I mean in the event that a movie exists in another format. I will also continue to watch Inland Empire

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Berseria is great if you can get over Velvet's character design. Magilou is also a top tier JRPG character and easily the best in the game.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Let's get... physical, physical (media)
I want to get... physical, physicial (media)
Let's get into physical (media)
Let me hear your bookshelves talk, your bookshelves talk
Let me hear your bookshelves talk

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fifteen of Many posted:

Let's get... physical, physical (media)
I want to get... physical, physicial (media)
Let's get into physical (media)
Let me hear your bookshelves talk, your bookshelves talk
Let me hear your bookshelves talk

They kicked rear end at Riot Fest.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

triple sulk posted:

Berseria is great if you can get over Velvet's character design. Magilou is also a top tier JRPG character and easily the best in the game.

Yeah.... luckily tho there's always this option:

ImpAtom posted:

I instantly swapped Velvet back to her prologue outfit and the cowboy hat to the point I genuinely forget about her actual 'canon' design until I am reminded.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Lies of P got its first discount (20% off) on PSN in the Black Friday promotion if anyone was holding out for a sale like me.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Physical vs. digital always brings out the "I want to OWN this piece of media, see, it's MINE! I OWN IT!" Just Smeagol-levels of pathology on display smdh so sad, many such cases.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

wonder if it will have any new modes............

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Volte posted:

watched a movie on vhs the other night. became one with the universe.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

AcidCat posted:

Physical vs. digital always brings out the "I want to OWN this piece of media, see, it's MINE! I OWN IT!" Just Smeagol-levels of pathology on display smdh so sad, many such cases.

I don't care about ownership I just like to touch things :q:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I could have sworn PS5 couldn't even play DVDs but googling makes me think I was wrong about that. I actually gave all my DVDs to my brother a few months ago based on that assumption lol.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

veni veni veni posted:

I could have sworn PS5 couldn't even play DVDs but googling makes me think I was wrong about that. I actually gave all my DVDs to my brother a few months ago based on that assumption lol.
You might be mixing it up with the fact that it can't play CDs (and neither could the PS4)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

AcidCat posted:

nah just the digitals who loved getting owned when they lose access to their one time purchase. many such cases.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vikar Jerome posted:

nah just the digitals who loved getting owned when they lose access to their one time purchase. many such cases.

This has literally never happened to me tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Volte posted:

You might be mixing it up with the fact that it can't play CDs (and neither could the PS4)

still the stupidest thing ive ever seen. disc go in perfectly but cant read burrrrh. like who made that decision. the superior sony playstation 3 could read cds just fine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
saves a few cents on the drive laser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would prefer physical over digital but I'm under no illusions that any physical discs I have would actually allow me to retain access to the content on them forever and I would inevitably end up getting digital copies to play anyway either officially or unofficially if it's out of print.