Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Beyond the Aquila Rift was one of my favorite episodes of LD&R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Sonny's Edge is probably my favourite scifi short story ever, and having that surprise me as the first episode of LD&R made me giddy like an excited schoolgirl. Did not disappoint.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Me too! The Christmas one in season 2 is pretty cool as well.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I always hated that Nolan-Dent, despite having his face half burnt off and mouth all hosed up and gross, still sounds perfectly normal in conversation.

My dude. You need lips and fuckin' muscles to talk properly and you only have half lips. And your jawbone is exposed.

I legit think DK would have been a better movie without Two Face.

That's actually a good point given how often Nolan likes to use inaudible dialogue.

Armacham posted:

Why do batman movies always need at least two villains working together

To sell toys I think.

BiggerBoat has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Nov 17, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

BiggerBoat posted:

To sell toys I think.

I want a The Joker's Magic Trick pencil

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

that one still gives me loving nightmares. but if i had seen that as a kid, I would have been one loving good kid.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Adrianics posted:

As much as I love and adore The Dark Knight, a specific plot point that's always bugged me is nobody picks up on Batman choosing to save Rachel over Harvey Dent, if you don't know Batman is Bruce Wayne that must have been an incredibly strange choice for him to make

He either metaphorically flipped a coin (heh) or it's just Batman choosing to save a civilian. Seems plausible enough.

The thing that makes him go insane, "hey you been getting balls deep in eldritch horror spiderussy from beyond the stars." :awesome:

credburn posted:

Great thing about that one is it doubles as John Wick toy!

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

maybeadracula posted:

Once Upon a Time has plenty to be irrationally irritated about but it's really fun and has a genuinely good series finale which a lot of shows can't manage

Mr Gold is just a fantastic character

It's also got a lot of crossover Easter egg nods to :lost: which I appreciated

Once Upon a Time runs of dream logic where the plot advances just enough cram in another Disney character because nostalgia. I don't hate it but I hate that I fall for it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Some of them I'm happy to see, like I didn't expect to see Tiana and Dr Facilier. I also like how the curse always works slightly differently in each season, that's fun.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Nov 17, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Individual episodes like that still make the series worth watching in their entirety, even though it's is a pale shadow of what it was in that incredible first season.

The first season was just animators going hog wild with insane ideas, terrifying images and sheer unbridled horny. Later seasons felt way too influenced by executives and marketing.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

FFT posted:

Batman: The Movie (1966) had Catwoman, Joker, Penguin, and Riddler.
The sum of the angles of that rectangle are too monstrous to contemplate!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Definitely loved this one. I also really liked Ice. That show has some low lows but very excellent highs.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Gromit posted:

Sonny's Edge is probably my favourite scifi short story ever, and having that surprise me as the first episode of LD&R made me giddy like an excited schoolgirl. Did not disappoint.

:hai:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The crab episode is the best one I think.
But they're mostly good to great!

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I remember watching Zima Blue and having a really weird feeling of deja vu, except much stronger, knowing exactly how the story would go and end. Spent a couple of hours pondering how that could be until I suddenly had a flashback of reading the story while sitting at the pool around 15 years ago lol.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I really liked Suits. Nothing complex about it, just some future farmers with their shooty mechs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

I really liked Suits. Nothing complex about it, just some future farmers with their shooty mechs.

Wow that show took a real turn when Meghan Markle left.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Aphrodite posted:

Wow that show took a real turn when Meghan Markle left.

On reflection yes, I should have said "the love death and robots episode Suits"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Fil5000 posted:

It really feels like a pitch for a game combining Armored Core or Front Mission with Stardew Valley, and I'd be 100% down for that.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Taeke posted:

I remember watching Zima Blue and having a really weird feeling of deja vu, except much stronger, knowing exactly how the story would go and end. Spent a couple of hours pondering how that could be until I suddenly had a flashback of reading the story while sitting at the pool around 15 years ago lol.

Alistair Reynolds, right? The artist who turns himself into a pool cleaning robot? They made a show of that?

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Yeah, and Beyond the Aquila Rift that was just being talked about is an Alastair Reynolds one as well.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Torquemada posted:

Alistair Reynolds, right? The artist who turns himself into a pool cleaning robot? They made a show of that?
Yup.
They made a 10 minute (or so) short that's super pretty. I don't remember the short story all that well but I loved the adaptation.

Love Death and Robots is a collection of shorts by a variety of studios that vary wildly in terms of story and execution, but most of them are good to great. Some are comedy, some action, some artsy. All the episodes are between 5 and 20 minutes long so it's a quick watch.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

It really feels like a pitch for a game combining Armored Core or Front Mission with Stardew Valley, and I'd be 100% down for that.

Have I got a game for you...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

oh my god

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wtf

i guess the barrier of entry for games has become low enough that "no matter how random the idea, someone out there is into that poo poo" applies (it might even be a good game, its fine by me)

but im gonna make a game where youre a tall guy and you go through your life, and sometimes you have to duck door jambs. like in alien isolation when you hide in a cupboard and hold your breath to look out the grill. but its aboud not banging your head for the hundredth loving time

(im not gonna make the game but im putting the idea out there)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

and if you do bang your head you get really mad but its nobodys fault so if they ask why you yelled "FYUCKTHISSHIT", you get like a dialogue option to be like "i just banged my head it hurts like hell" and they can be like "well that sucks" but its okay cause theyre average height so they will never know the pain

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

brb setting up a kickstarter for the stub my toe sequel

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Carthag Tuek posted:

and if you do bang your head you get really mad but its nobodys fault so if they ask why you yelled "FYUCKTHISSHIT", you get like a dialogue option to be like "i just banged my head it hurts like hell" and they can be like "well that sucks" but its okay cause theyre average height so they will never know the pain

You'll need all the NPCs constantly commenting on how you nearly hit the door frame every time you walk through without hitting your head. And also asking you if you play basketball.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Also have a minigame where you're walking through a crowded market while it's raining dodging umbrellas that poke your eyes out.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
People constantly ask, how’s the weather up there? But the game features a 2 level weather system with a boundary layer at 5’11”. Sometimes it’s raining above and sunny below.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

clothes store mission where all the shirts are too short except one in the back that you can get if you sneak through a vent but the vent is made for normal sized people

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Every NPC greeting is "Wow, you're tall."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

you think i can get valve to change the steam store age verification to height instead? just a dropdown menu is fine, just mousewheel thru it and go like oh sure im 10'3" but if you hit 5'11" you get banned for life

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Is this a game or a Skyrim mod?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

clothes store mission where all the shirts are too short except one in the back that you can get if you sneak through a vent but the vent is made for normal sized people

I play video games to escape my grueling reality, not double down on it

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Mr. Belpit posted:

Every NPC greeting is "Well aren't you a tall drink of water"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

credburn posted:

I can actually envision this. It's just a regular #2 pencil with Heath Ledger packaging.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I remember years ago when I first met my nephrologist, first thing I said to him was "drat you're tall". I felt like a moron though, so I apologized and mentioned how I felt like an idiot.

I sincerely think that's why I got the good drugs for my kidney biopsy. He was like "yea this dude is a moron but at least he means well, let's let him get hosed up".

In my defense dude is like 6 foot 8.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

A Worrying Warlock posted:

Is this a game or a Skyrim mod?

Neither, a Muscle March mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YRqI7JuZO8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Bad Travels in LDR was so goddamn good. My only issue was how dark a lot of the scenes were, it was hard to get some detail, and with the ocean sounds so loud, you need subtitles.

"SHELL PROTECT!"
"It's not for you."