Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Probably but why would you keep him on a 40 man when the last pitch he threw in AA was a 82 MPH fastball?

If they were going to remove him from the 40 they would have on Tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

e: honestly someone needs to just option Soroka to the broadcast booth, he's really good at it

Good thing the WSox have an opening there! Also gently caress Reinsdorf

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/BMcCarthy32/status/1725555258771022014

Edit: Please, for the love of God, change the name of the team and let Oakland keep 'Athletics'

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1725536885718626747

lol okay

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cubs reporters all seem to indicate the Cubs are going hard on Shohei, I wonder if the plan is to physically move the city of Chicago to the west coast.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Red posted:

Edit: Please, for the love of God, change the name of the team and let Oakland keep 'Athletics'

The BFC Bad With Money thread title of "Sphere and Loathing in Las Vegas" seems relevant here

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Lmao if the brewers are too cheap to sign Woodruff to a two-year deal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I thought he was out all year?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cubs reporters all seem to indicate the Cubs are going hard on Shohei, I wonder if the plan is to physically move the city of Chicago to the west coast.

recent reporting suggests that he's not as worried about geography as previously assumed

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

more falafel please posted:

recent reporting suggests that he's not as worried about geography as previously assumed

That's definitely not for the purpose of driving his price as high as possible

e: the Cubs absolutely should bid hard on him of course, both on the off chance, however remote, that he might prove willing to leave the West Coast, and also to make sure the Dodgers have to pay him every possible penny

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

habeasdorkus posted:

LOL, those chop shops have been there for decades and are still currently there unless a change happened real recently.

Looks like they started this off-season https://twitter.com/albaneselaura/status/1724466458636206205

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

more falafel please posted:

I still think he's gonna be a Dodger. They have the money and that roster is loaded.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mlb.com posted:

The Rockies obtained right-handed pitcher Cal Quantrill from the Guardians on Friday for Minor League catcher Kody Huff.

Cal getting sent to the place pitchers go to die

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I still think he's gonna be a Dodger. They have the money and that roster is loaded.

he has 100% already decided to be a dodger and everyone else is just driving the price up

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Red posted:

This still feels like a gigantic scam to try and extort more money out of Oakland, but maybe that's just because Fisher is an incredibly incompetent person in general

like there's basically nothing that's been determined about how this stadium will be built in Vegas outside of the skeleton of a funding arrangement and a site which doesn't seem to provide enough of a footprint for what is being proposed. Supposedly the agreement they have with the Ballys corporation on the 9 acres site on the Tropicana land has some opt-out clauses that can be triggered by Bally's or the A's at the end of the year, though I have just seen that speculated on as I haven't read the text of the agreement myself.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If this is a scheme to extort money from Oakland I'm not sure it's gonna work because it sounds like the city is done trying to negotiate with them.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

R.D. Mangles posted:

he has 100% already decided to be a dodger and everyone else is just driving the price up

All these posts make me sure he’s going to be a Giant

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Popete posted:

If this is a scheme to extort money from Oakland I'm not sure it's gonna work because it sounds like the city is done trying to negotiate with them.

well they did just have some big city council meeting where they declared that they were ready to keep the team in Oakland, but yeah it's hard to say whether that was just done for PR purposes to sooth what's left of the fanbase.

https://www.si.com/mlb/athletics/re...get-a-deal-done

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

bawfuls posted:

All these posts make me sure he’s going to be a Cub

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Cub Ohtani is infinitely preferable to Giant Ohtani

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Giant Ohtani is my favorite kaiju

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Put a Jets stadium there you sniveling cowards.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/Dbacks/status/1725544553242067094

This is their third change in nine years and still not back to purple.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

White Sox continue their quest to collect Royals castoffs. Nicky's an expensive all-glove little bat guy but he seems nice I guess.

Lots of rumors that KC is shopping Salvy and the White Sox are one of the rumored destinations (he's got a strong bond with the manager).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

Cub Ohtani is infinitely preferable

Could have just stopped here.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Cub, Ohtani is

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:rip: GOMS

https://twitter.com/DKramer_/status/1725584374782140521

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’m hearing reports that Shohei Ohtani is “desperate” to sign with the World Champion Texas Rangers. “I want to hang out in the clubhouse and blast Creed with the boys,” Ohtani was reportedly overheard saying.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

massively hosed up if true

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’m hearing reports that Shohei Ohtani is “desperate” to sign with the World Champion Texas Rangers. “I want to hang out in the clubhouse and blast Creed with the boys,” Ohtani was reportedly overheard saying.

[extreme elon voice] Looking into it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

JUST SIGN THE loving CHECK ARTE

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
insider sources tell me that the Cubs are close to signing the hottest free agent on the market. That's right: Daniel Descalso will soon be BACK

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

insider sources tell me that the Cubs are close to signing the hottest free agent on the market. That's right: Daniel Descalso will soon be BACK

Finally, some clutch hitting and clubhouse leadership.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Big ROI on that autograph photo

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

of course they aren't in the realistic plans, Ohtani decided he wanted to be a Dodger at least 6 months ago and it's very unlikely they don't make him a competitive offer.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
More roster filler moves:

nypost posted:

A few hours before the non-tender deadline, Jake Bauers was sent to the Brewers for a pair of young minor league outfielders in Jace Avina and Brian Sánchez.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Imagine the state of mdemone’s posting if we get to January and be still hasn’t signed anywhere

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bregor posted:

Imagine the state of mdemone’s posting if we get to January and be still hasn’t signed anywhere

I'm breathing normally, and acting totally inauspicious

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

More roster filler moves:

Whos a better player in 2024...... Jake Bauers or Manuel Margot? If that is the move that they try to sell us it's going to be pretty pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

of course they aren't in the realistic plans, Ohtani decided he wanted to be a Dodger at least 6 months ago and it's very unlikely they don't make him a competitive offer.

Well it could be Mariners management concluding he's going to sign with the Dodgers and they have better things to do than spend the winter bidding up the price. Or it could be ownership saying "lolno we are not giving out any $600M contracts" who knows.