Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
1:0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

it's baby grok from the mandalorian, he's the drip king.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Funny enough, remember when Juniper made the joke about twitter automatically censoring photos of Elon and Maxwell? Well FB is now automoderating saying Epstein + Maxwell in comments of photos.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I am Grook

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Coolness Averted posted:

Funny enough, remember when Juniper made the joke about twitter automatically censoring photos of Elon and Maxwell? Well FB is now automoderating saying Epstein + Maxwell in comments of photos.

FB’s content flagging has been in an especially bad state lately, the team there is in a non-stop fire drill

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Fake nerds repeating what they heard a real Linux grognard say give years ago, it's time for this big bang theory of a guy to gently caress off forever

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Coolness Averted posted:

Wait, it outright says "declined," as in you can't post this comment because the algorithm saw two names together??

I honestly thought everyone was being a paranoid fuckin idiot when they censored their words for fear of *<(The Algorithm)>*

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

credburn posted:

Wait, it outright says "declined," as in you can't post this comment because the algorithm saw two names together??

I honestly thought everyone was being a paranoid fuckin idiot when they censored their words for fear of *<(The Algorithm)>*

Yup, it immediately turned grey after it posted, and clicking 'learn more' it says it was automatically declined, so it's not something like a moderator or admin in the group deleting it. This was also on a photo of Maxwell posted in the group but without naming who it was in the post.

To be fair, it doesn't highlight what triggered the algorithm in the post, but this isn't a group where profanity gets zucked, so I can only assume it was those names.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/BeSmoothShawn/status/1725601783211298861

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That guy did admit pretty quickly that he’s a dumbass lol

https://twitter.com/besmoothshawn/status/1725615285434974675?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Am I the idiot? The hell is he even talking about

"promoting their products on Twitter" vs "paying for advertisements (for their products) that people get the revenue from"

He's saying Apple is stopping paying twitter users directly for running their ads? Doesn't Twitter pay those people out of Apple's advertising fees instead of Apple paying them directly? Isn't "promoting their products" what Apple is stopping doing? I'm going insane trying to untangle this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Am I the idiot? The hell is he even talking about

"promoting their products on Twitter" vs "paying for advertisements (for their products) that people get the revenue from"

He's saying Apple is stopping paying twitter users directly for running their ads? Doesn't Twitter pay those people out of Apple's advertising fees instead of Apple paying them directly? Isn't "promoting their products" what Apple is stopping doing? I'm going insane trying to untangle this

He thinks Twitter is a competition where you get more money for more engagement if you have a blue check. Apple is a big name so that’s one less thing in the way of blue check idiots maximizing their engagement. Then it dawned on him that the money comes from ad revenue and that Apple is a huge source of that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah right, like "An election? That's one of those deals where they close the bars, isn't it?" type of thing

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:allears:
https://twitter.com/eyeslasho/status/1724120266253418791?t=F8ctO6FZFyN-X2Y0ngm0qQ&s=19

quote:

:words:

Let me explain what my account is about, and also explain why at least one section of my followers might want to consider unfollowing me.

I often tweet about race — and when I do, I do it candidly and use direct non-euphemistic language, relying upon statistical and scientific information (when these are available) to support my claims.

This is of interest to a lot of different people across the political spectrum, from the right to the slightly left-of-center.

But, unsurprising, it's of particular interest to far-right types who love hearing about black criminality and academic underperformance. So, over the 14 months I've been tweeting, I've acquired a fair number of these people as followers.

To put it bluntly, I don't share the politics or the motivations and almost none of the beliefs or goals of this group. I'm not interested in goofy ideas like white separatism, I have no tolerance for anti-Semitism, I support robust legal immigration, I'm explicit about the fact that Asians outperform whites on most important social outcomes in the US, and I believe in the maximization of democracy and the fight against authoritarianism. I have about the same amount of contempt toward the far-right as I do toward the wokes and Trump.

A few months back, I started blocking people. I estimate I've blocked well over 1,000 accounts by now, and 99% of these have been far-right types (most of them spewed anti-Semitic comments or memes in my replies).

But because these people seem to enjoy my tweets on race, I keep getting more of them. So I think what I'm going to do is pin this tweet to the top of my page so that new followers can read it and understand this: If you're under the impression that I dislike black people — and therefore by extension Jews and legal immigrants and gays — because you've seen my tweets about the high black murder rate or the unfavorable black IQ distribution, you've come to wrong place because my motivation for these tweets isn't what you might think it is, and there's a decent chance it's going to conflict with your own motivations. So you may want to reconsider following me, or at least recalibrate your idea of what my account is about.

Here's what this account is about :

(1) To begin with, I don't belong to a political tribe. I'm not a Republican, and I'm not a Democrat. I hold a fairly equal number of views that might be called "liberal" or "conservative" or "moderate". My positions on issues aren't driven by ideology; as much as possible, they're driven by data. I try (as much as this can ever be possible) to avoid motivated reasoning and confirmation bias. I have a strong distaste for politics that starts with a normative ("what ought to be") position, rather than a descriptive one ("what actually is"). If I'm anything at all, I'm a radical centrist (google it).

(2) When I started tweeting 14 months ago, this account (originally named "Monitoring Bias") was mostly about addressing institutional bias against whites and Asians (e.g., affirmative action in college admissions), and fighting wokeness. In order to do either of these things honestly, I knew it would be essential to tweet about the central role that race IQ differences (the existence of which are not at all scientifically disputed) play in social and economic inequalities.

Remember: Most of wokeness is about race, and the woke position on race is that "systemic" racism — and only systemic racism — explains existing racial disparities. The problem with this is not only can wokes not identify an actual system (it's mostly just a motley assortment of residual and legacy effects), but the "proof" of this system is often the mere existence of disparities. Their reasoning: Since all groups are equal in actual ability and potential, only oppressive structures and forces (like racism) can explain these disparities.

But it is plainly not true all groups are equal in ability or potential: No reputable scientist conducting research in human intelligence disputes the existence of IQ differences between racial groups, and hundreds of studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals have firmly established that IQ is associated with outcomes ranging from academic performance/achievement to educational attainment to lifetime salary/wage earnings to financial success to job performance.

Did you know this? How many Americans know this? Have you ever read about this in a mainstream publication?

Did you also know that, according to the most recent survey of scientists' views on human intelligence (published in the scientific journal Intelligence in 2020), 84% of experts believe genetic differences between persons of European ancestry and persons of Sub-Saharan African ancestry play a role in the US black-white IQ gap? (For the record, I'm agnostic on how much, if any, of the race IQ gaps are due to genetic differences between groups.)

My point has always been this: If you want to fight wokeness and the broader progressive project — the foundation of which is the scientifically-indefensible blank slate view that individuals and groups are all born with equal potential — you have to discuss race differences in IQ. This is why I tweet about this subject.

(3) Let me circle back to my earlier point about this account fighting institutional bias. It doesn't take a genius to realize that liberals and the progressive-left dominate our most important opinion-shaping institutions, especially the media and academia. The data on this are frankly jaw-dropping.

So why do I care? Because I'm not a conservative, the threat this bias represents to conservatism is not my primary concern. I mostly care about it because this growing one-sidedness (combined with the emerging viewpoint intolerance on the left) distorts and constrains and limits discourse and speech (which is something I do care about). One one huge area of the discourse which gets throttled — probably the biggest one of all — is that concerning race. And no area of racial discourse (except for maybe that around IQ) is more throttled than that concerning the staggering racial disproportionalities in violent (and other) crime). This is why I relentlessly tweet about race and crime.

To make it clear to my far-right followers: I don't tweet about racial disparities in criminal behavior because I dislike black people or want a "white-centered" America. I do it because hardly anyone else (outside the far-right of course) seems to be interested in people knowing how massive these violent crime disparities are, and, most importantly, because these critical data (which threaten prevailing liberal and progressive narratives on race) are actively suppressed in the mainstream media and rarely explicitly discussed in academia (where their honest discussion can result in cancellation). More than anything else, I detest suppression of statistical and scientific information, and limits on speech. This is why I tweet about race and crime.

(4) Finally, if you followed me because you saw (and agreed with) my tweets criticizing or mocking wokeness, you shouldn't take this as an uncritical stance. Increasingly over the past year I have been attacking the growing speech intolerance and authoritarian and anti-intellectual impulses of many conservative antiwokes, and criticizing the constellation of intellectually lazy, grifty, conspiracy-enriched, and extravagantly retarded Twitter personalities (e.g., James Lindsay) that too many conservative antiwokes have drifted toward. I've spent years fighting wokeness, and to see so much of antiwokeness become a swamp of intellectually incurious absurdity and lowest-common-denominator memes has been too big of a disappointment for me not tweet about it.
:words:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

too long; definitely racist

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk, a real life ironman that understands what people want from birdsite, understands what he wants from birdsite : this microblogging platform need to have walls of text.

also im pretty sure even moose's longest post still falls under the oldest limit of whatever sms is limited to. so he doesnt even make use of the novel sized limits.

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Nov 18, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

"I am not racist, but" written by a 14 yo who has to satisfy the minimum word count for the assignment

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

kazil posted:

No way any racist would care enough to read all that. He's a Civic Nationalist, not a racist!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Grovelord Neato the skull caliper guy is complaining about you I think? Good news he's not a conservative!

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

The biggest idiot here being me for not stopping at the second or even the third paragraph.

:thats-racist:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've yet to see a tweet with "see more" where seeing more was anywhere close to a good idea.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

kazil posted:

IOSM: too long; definitely racist

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

"people across the political spectrum, from the right to the slightly left-of-center" tells a story.
"race IQ differences (the existence of which are not at all scientifically disputed)" tells a whole library.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Elysiume posted:

I've yet to see a tweet with "see more" where seeing more was anywhere close to a good idea.

Yeah there is nothing that could compel me to click see more or read a transcription of what someone wrote beyond that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Didn't read lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

There are two political positions: communism, and fascism. Pick one.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elysiume posted:

My favorite is when you see it on an account with no check, so you just know instantly they're juuuuust bright enough to be ashamed of it and from there you know the vile poo poo they say is in fact truly held belief instead of ignorance.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

tokin opposition posted:

There is only one political position, and it is both communism and fascism which are the same thing and only an enlightened apolitical centrist like me can really rise above to see the truth

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Say one of these fascist or communist things, or gently caress off

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tokin opposition posted:

Communism.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/jeremysmiles/status/1725590088753512943

quote:

this job application makes me want to kill myself. and it doesn't even say a salary

Only registered members can see post attachments!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Time to send mine in

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That job application makes me want to kill whoever wrote it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Air Skwirl posted:

Communism.

you have chosen wisely

Kit Walker posted:

There is only one political position, and it is both communism and fascism which are the same thing and only an enlightened apolitical centrist like me can really rise above to see the truth

charging up the space laser now

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That job application reads like they want people to see the goat man.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Those people dramatically over-estimate how excited people are about applying for that job.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Those people dramatically over-estimate how excited people are about applying for that job.

every job

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Subjunctive posted:

That one's an extreme example, but every loving job ad is like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Panfilo posted:

No reputable scientist conducting research in human intelligence disputes the existence of IQ differences between racial groups
me when i lie