Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Scorcese: "the big-budget cinema machine is squeezing out movie space."
BBCM: "Nonsense! We need MORE of the space!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- The Kang Dynasty may get a title change to make it more obviously a continuation of Secret Wars (and possibly as a way to de-emphasize Kang in the marketing).

Secret Wars II :hmmyes:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Avengers: Crisis on Infinite Earths

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

- The Kang Dynasty may get a title change to make it more obviously a continuation of Secret Wars (and possibly as a way to de-emphasize Kang in the marketing).

I think you have that backwards. Secret Wars is the followup to the currently titled Kang Dynasty.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

No giant dude with a big hat rules as a visual. Film that you goofballs

I’m still pissed Snoke wasn’t actually gigantic. Cowards.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

- Vanessa Kirby is very likely to be cast as Sue Storm.

She's great and I want to see that. She really showed some acting chops in the latest Mission Impossible. They made Hayley Attwell impersonating her really believable.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Sentinel Red posted:

Anyway, I am shocked and appalled that Angie the Engineer is apparently the bad guy of the new Superman flick.

IIRC they've been hyping up an Authority movie at some point down the pipe so I guess this could be a lead-in to that?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Gavok posted:

Pretty sure they did this in Exiles once. I recall a cover of Iron Man with a green cloak over his armor.

That was in Robert Kirkman’s Marvel Team-Up revival - the Iron Maniac!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just have Doom decide to take over the Iron Man role as a way of proving Stark wrong and showing “him” how better he would be at it.

I’ve long thought it’s a very natural setup for every brilliant egomaniac in the world to be trying to be the “the new Stark”. Doom, Reed, I’d even toss in Norman Osbourne and bring back Hammer for a laugh. Then just do the FF origin as the new space race where they’re competing to take Stark’s spot by mastering space travel. Reed does the lovely thing of taking his family on an untested flight. Doom fucks around with magic or something. They’re bitter rivals. Easy peasy. No time travel necessary.

I like a campy 60s sci fi movie too but I never saw why the FF needed to be that. It just feels overcomplicated.

I’d definitely gradually do Doom though. Introduce him as a world player before the armor comes. I wanted to see him debut in Black Panther 2 as the foreign leader but you can easily do that stuff in Cap 4 and have him show in Strange 3 or something. Then when he does go Doom he’ll be built up as more than just a generic villain counterpart.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Pascal is a great actor and would be a fine Reed.

The guy could barely finish two seasons of the mandalorian before wanting out and you think he’s gonna do 8 marvel films?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mando seems like a bit of a poo poo part to be honest. Outshined by a Muppet, in a mask the whole time, and indistinguishable from your stunt doubles ultimately anyway.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
90% of the time, Pascal is just the voice of the Mando anyway. It’s usually someone else in the suit, and they only get him in for taking the helmet off.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Unless Robert Kirkman was just doing an incredibly meta prank, he seems to have just confirmed the rumors that Steven Yuen will play Sentry in Thunderbolts during a livestream.

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1725433765152120930

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Splint Chesthair posted:

That was in Robert Kirkman’s Marvel Team-Up revival - the Iron Maniac!

Actually a different Evil Iron Man.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I like Steven Yeun generally, but the idea that they are going to Sentry already has me concerned.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
With how much they routinely change characters from page to screen I don’t know what to expect from Sentry.

When they announced Adam Warlock, nobody guessed it was gonna be what we got Guardians 3 , right.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The only proper way to do Sentry would be to edit all the films on Disney + to feature him without commentary, then release a movie and edit them back without any further commentary.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Re-release all the Avengers films but this time Sentry is in them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"We fixed our phase 5 problems; we're just going to redo phase 1!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Soul Glo posted:

With how much they routinely change characters from page to screen I don’t know what to expect from Sentry.

When they announced Adam Warlock, nobody guessed it was gonna be what we got Guardians 3 , right.

hosed Up Superman is so overdone these days and Moon Knight went out of its way to distance him from the Batman aspects, so yeah, they're going to have to be creative with this one.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
Where was sentry when Tony stark needed rescuing from jihadist in Afghanistan?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

He was at home. A-WASHIN' HIS TIGHTS!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

90sgamer posted:

Where was sentry when Tony stark needed rescuing from jihadist in Afghanistan?

I'll do you one better, WHO is Sentry??

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'll do you one better, WHO is Sentry??

Oh yeah? WHY is Sentry???

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
WHERE is Sentry? He's a sentry, he should be somewhere guarding something not randomly showing up off post in superhero fights.

While he's hitting some costumed mook with the power of a million exploding suns some trespasser is going to be stealing all the copper pipe from a construction site.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Watch Thunderbolts be a shot for shot remake of the first Suicide Squad movie with Sentry in the Enchantress role in some meta ouroboros, time and space collapse in on each other, the cycle begins a new.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Everyone is asking WHO is Sentry, but no one is asking HOW is Sentry

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Endless Mike posted:

Everyone is asking WHO is Sentry, but no one is asking HOW is Sentry

“Not great bob” answers both

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Watch Thunderbolts be a shot for shot remake of the first Suicide Squad movie with Sentry in the Enchantress role in some meta ouroboros, time and space collapse in on each other, the cycle begins a new.

With the twenty minute intro too?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is Taskmaster. She's got my back. She could cut all you in half with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
Marvel Studios Pitch Meeting

Kevin Feige: Our brand is dying we need something FRESH

Writer: Get this! What if Superman exists….but he’s evil!

Kevin Feige: Whoaaaa

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

This is Taskmaster. She's got my back. She could cut all you in half with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims.

Mmm, 3 points. I liked Sue and Julian’s better.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

90sgamer posted:

Marvel Studios Pitch Meeting

Kevin Feige: Our brand is dying we need something FRESH

Writer: Get this! What if Superman exists….but he’s evil!

Kevin Feige: Whoaaaa

And his name is...Adam Warlo-

poo poo

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Re-release all the Avengers films but this time Sentry is in them

any time Sentry isn't onscreen, all the other Avengers should be saying "...where's Sentry?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I just find it odd that they are introducing Sentry in that movie, of all movies

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
Should save him for a New Avengers film

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What if Sentry is the antagonist?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

No really someone give me the low down on Sentry

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

No really someone give me the low down on Sentry
They introduced him as a retcon. He was apparently around all the time but to stop The Void, which is a part of him from threatening Earth, he had to erase everyone's memories of him. He's basically Superman but with mental illness issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Just get the entire team from Dread to make it then.