Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hogwash! If I had hired a killer they would have been far more elegant than a mere buttocks! I am incensed that you would accuse me of such underhanded tactics without panache!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Send Alena to the Hidden Hut for clues… as a well read lady she will certainly discover what we need to prove our innocence. It is, after all, the top priority for us in order to obtain Ivo’s support.

I am hoping that we don’t have to account for any hidden agendas that may affect Alena’s mission

Send a pigeon for Grego. We should exhaust all possible options for alliances.

I don’t see the point in keeping Noaksey. How are we supposed to put any stock in the quantity, much less quality, of his men? I suggest we keep Friderick under our banner for the upcoming fight.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Also, I wonder if Alena can address other supernatural issues, such as Lena’s curse. Of course, Asalia may not want to get married anyway if the threat of death is nullified.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Is hidden hut the "western woods" mentioned in the note? Assuming that it is, then:

Send Alena to the hidden hut.

Side with Friderick, Noaksey already admitted to making up stories, who knows if his accusations are made up as well?

Give supplies to the attacked village, we aren't monsters.

Ask the mercs to return in 2 weeks, we don't need them right now, but we might later.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

jkq posted:

Is hidden hut the "western woods" mentioned in the note?

It is indeed.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Thanks for confirming!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Are the mercenaries just extra soldiers? Or can they go on missions like Stan?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Send Alena to the hidden hut. Also, maybe she can pick up some.. special supplies while there? Not that I need any aids, but my cousin. Over in Branada could use something...

Side with Friderick. Ser Friddy is a loyal noble of good means. Far more trustworthy than this flabbergast!

No supplies to the attacked village, they should have prepared themselves better. I shan't allow the good wheat for my horses to go to unprepared PEASANTS!

Ask the mercs to return in 2 weeks. They smell and I don't want them around for now. Get a bath, ruffians!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Bregor posted:

Are the mercenaries just extra soldiers? Or can they go on missions like Stan?

They're just extra soldiers.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Sending a witch to investigate a mysterious hut in the woods sounds completely logical to me.

The accusations against Sir Friderick are troubling, but the source is questionable, and frankly we can't afford to be anything but practical. Side with Sir Friderick, we get more men and supplies that way.

Send supplies to the attacked village.

Ask the mercenaries to return in two weeks, we can't really afford them right now.

Invite Grego, then we'll know everyone's conditions for alliance and can sort out who we can get onside in the time left to us.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Lovely to meet you Alena! If you find the term Witch not to your liking, might I suggest White Mage? It’s a bit more like something from a fantasy, but it may be your final choice for a title!

I agree with the council on a number of issues… but that will not stop me from being long-winded at any rate!

Asking Alena to go to the western hut makes sense to me. Threads of truth are starting to come together and I feel like we may be making progress in exonerating our king!

This Noaksey fellow poaches the king’s own stag, lies about it, and has the gall to still request an alliance? Feh! Side with Sir Friderick! When he agrees to join our fold, we should also soon send for Lord Jovan and secure his alliance as well.

Another of our villages attacked… how can we sleep at night while our people are still being brutalized by this scourge? Give the villagers the supplies they need, and pass the wine decanter… I need another drink before we continue.

Although our stores of supplies are healthy now, we are running a deficit on a weekly basis thanks to our growing army. With that in mind, send for Lord Lurs and let us make a decision about this dust business. His tribute will do well to feed our soldiers for the upcoming battle.

The mercenaries seem a fair lot, but we have no need for them now. Ask them to return in a fortnight, or perhaps suggest they find work at a local brothel…

Finally, let us raise a glass to the fallen hero, the STABBER. Accusations against Slaan are bollock, this was a mere accident of buttocks. Ever the loyal servant to the princess, the cute face and spiky quills of the STABBER will surely be missed around the castle. To the STABBER!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Bregor posted:

Finally, let us raise a glass to the fallen hero, the STABBER. Accusations against Slaan are bollock, this was a mere accident of buttocks. Ever the loyal servant to the princess, the cute face and spiky quills of the STABBER will surely be missed around the castle. To the STABBER!

To the STABBER! :cheersbird:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Bregor posted:

Pour one out for our greatest warrior. o7

Seems to me we ought to Side with sir Friderick. We have no reason to believe the desperate claims of a man we already know to be a liar.

I don’t know which agent should go west, but Either the bright witch or Stan should investigate.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oh right, need to invite someone. Lurs can get his needs finished

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to keep the votes open until I finish work as there is currently a tie on who to invite. If the tie isn't broken by the time I get home then I will place Grego and Lurs into a randomiser. These are the votes that I have counted so far:

Alena
Hidden Hut - 7

Alliance
Sir Friderick - 7

Village
Send Supplies - 4
No Supplies - 1

Mercenary
Return In Two Weeks - 5

Invite
Grego - 2
Lurs - 2

Slaan
Put Under House Arrest - 1

sb hermit posted:

Also, I wonder if Alena can address other supernatural issues, such as Lena’s curse. Of course, Asalia may not want to get married anyway if the threat of death is nullified.

I forgot to reply to this. I'm not sure about Lena's curse, but like Stan, there most likely will be certain situations where Alena will specifically be required to complete the task. Also, I don't believe there is anything that can happen to interrupt the agents when they're on a mission.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Let's invite Grego and hear what he needs.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I vote for Lurs!

(sorry :v:)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

BassMug posted:

Pour one out for our greatest warrior. o7

Seems to me we ought to Side with sir Friderick. We have no reason to believe the desperate claims of a man we already know to be a liar.

I don’t know which agent should go west, but Either the bright witch or Stan should investigate.

Stan is currently off on a mission.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Lurs

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The voting is now closed. Lurs wins by a single vote:

Invite
Grego - 3
Lurs - 4

And Slaan will be a guest of his majesty until further notice.

Edit: I'll work on the update tomorrow.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (33) Week Seventeen Summary

Let's begin now that we are settled again. You've had time to ponder about Alena's first mission, where shall we send our new friend?

Bregor: Lovely to meet you Alena! If you find the term Witch not to your liking, might I suggest White Mage? It’s a bit more like something from a fantasy, but it may be your final choice for a title!

Thank you for your lovely welcome, Bregor. There is nothing wrong with being a Witch, as you shall soon see. If you feel uncomfortable with that title then you can call me by my given name.

FoolyCharged: Send our new friend to investigate the hut as we were advised. After all, it's not like anonymous senders of mysterious could possibly lie to us.

sb hermit: Send Alena to the Hidden Hut for clues… as a well read lady she will certainly discover what we need to prove our innocence. It is, after all, the top priority for us in order to obtain Ivo’s support.

jkq: Send Alena to the hidden hut.

Slaan: Send Alena to the hidden hut. Also, maybe she can pick up some.. special supplies while there? Not that I need any aids, but my cousin. Over in Branada could use something...

Black Robe: Sending a witch to investigate a mysterious hut in the woods sounds completely logical to me.

Bregor: I agree with the council on a number of issues… but that will not stop me from being long-winded at any rate!

Asking Alena to go to the western hut makes sense to me. Threads of truth are starting to come together and I feel like we may be making progress in exonerating our king!

BassMug: I don’t know which agent should go west, but Either the bright witch or Stan should investigate.

The Council has spoken, we would like you to head to the hidden hut at first light tomorrow. I'm sure that you will be thorough in your investigation, but please be careful as the note was rather cryptic in its intent.

Thank you for your concern but you really don't have to worry about me, I can more than take care of myself. I will go now and prepare for the journey. It was nice to meet you all!

Let's discuss this Noaksey and Sir Friderick business. Shall we tell the King to go ahead and kick Noaksey out like he wanted or should we tell him to calm his boots and to keep his services?

Bregor: This Noaksey fellow poaches the king’s own stag, lies about it, and has the gall to still request an alliance? Feh! Side with Sir Friderick! When he agrees to join our fold, we should also soon send for Lord Jovan and secure his alliance as well.

Slaan: Side with Friderick. Ser Friddy is a loyal noble of good means. Far more trustworthy than this flabbergast!

BassMug: Seems to me we ought to Side with sir Friderick. We have no reason to believe the desperate claims of a man we already know to be a liar.

sb hermit: I don’t see the point in keeping Noaksey. How are we supposed to put any stock in the quantity, much less quality, of his men? I suggest we keep Friderick under our banner for the upcoming fight.

FoolyCharged: we should side with Sir Frederick. The accusations come from a liar and a conman, and they only come after said liar was put with his back against the wall. Perhaps he will sell tickets to the duel.

Black Robe: The accusations against Sir Friderick are troubling, but the source is questionable, and frankly we can't afford to be anything but practical. Side with Sir Friderick, we get more men and supplies that way.

jkq: Side with Friderick, Noaksey already admitted to making up stories, who knows if his accusations are made up as well?

Excellent! Now what shall we do about this village that has been attacked?

Slaan No supplies to the attacked village, they should have prepared themselves better. I shan't allow the good wheat for my horses to go to unprepared PEASANTS!

jkq: Give supplies to the attacked village, we aren't monsters.

FoolyCharged: Send the supplies to the Villiage. It's the best we've got

Black Robe: Send supplies to the attacked village.

Bregor: Another of our villages attacked… how can we sleep at night while our people are still being brutalized by this scourge? Give the villagers the supplies they need, and pass the wine decanter… I need another drink before we continue.

We shall send supplies right away. Our supplies are healthy right now and continue to grow so this shan't be an issue. These mercenaries, what shall we tell them?

jkq: Ask the mercs to return in 2 weeks, we don't need them right now, but we might later.

Black Robe: Ask the mercenaries to return in two weeks, we can't really afford them right now.

Slaan: Ask the mercs to return in 2 weeks. They smell and I don't want them around for now. Get a bath, ruffians!

Bregor: The mercenaries seem a fair lot, but we have no need for them now. Ask them to return in a fortnight, or perhaps suggest they find work at a local brothel…

FoolyCharged: Tell the mercenaries to come back in a few weeks. We don't need their services immediately, and this buys us time to see all of our options before deciding.

Intruiging! I shall inform the King of these decisions in the morning. All that we need to decide now is who to invite to court next week.

Black Robe: Invite Grego, then we'll know everyone's conditions for alliance and can sort out who we can get onside in the time left to us

Kanthulu: Let's invite Grego and hear what he needs.

sb hermit: Send a pigeon for Grego. We should exhaust all possible options for alliances.

Bregor: Although our stores of supplies are healthy now, we are running a deficit on a weekly basis thanks to our growing army. With that in mind, send for Lord Lurs and let us make a decision about this dust business. His tribute will do well to feed our soldiers for the upcoming battle.

Quackles: I vote for Lurs!

Slaan: Lurs can get his needs finished

NeoRonTheNeuron: Lurs

Top banana! I shall get on that first thing in the morning. Are there any other orders of business?

Bregor: Finally, let us raise a glass to the fallen hero, the STABBER. Accusations against Slaan are bollock, this was a mere accident of buttocks. Ever the loyal servant to the princess, the cute face and spiky quills of the STABBER will surely be missed around the castle. To the STABBER!

jkq: To the STABBER! :cheersbird:

BassMug: Pour one out for our greatest warrior. o7

Black Robe: ...Slaan, did you hire someone to assassinate THE STABBER?

FoolyCharged: Forget our murdered king friend! This most vile matter must be investigated immediately! Recall Stan and send him to investigate Councilman Slaan's holdings immediately!

Slaan: Hogwash! If I had hired a killer they would have been far more elegant than a mere buttocks! I am incensed that you would accuse me of such underhanded tactics without panache!

THE STABBER will indeed be missed. There will be no investigation, Slaan is innocent in this matter. It was an unfortunate buttock accident that couldn't be avoided. Let's all go home and raise a mug to our fallen comrade! Thank you all for your time, we shall meet again next week.

I have made my choice! Sir Friderick, you have one more battle ahead of you.

I knew I could trust your judgement, Your Grace! Ha! It's time for those with real experience to take the lead, Noaksey.

A shame, Your Grace. Nonetheless, I wish you the very best in battle.

Oh, will someone clean up this mess?

If I send supplies your way, at least the rest of you who have survived can move out of the village. Come closer to the castle. These are difficult times - you need to stay out of sight. Don't go outside after dark, and have someone patrolling the area at all times.

Is that all, Your Grace? We're just told to let them do whatever they want and run away from them? That's nonsense!

It's for the best, believe me.

Fine... Your Grace. We will relocate as close to the castle as possible.

Thank you for your offer, but we will not be taking it up on this occasion.

Fine, we will be back in two weeks. Maybe you will change your mind by then. Or get our gold ready.

End of Week Seventeen!

Inventory

Archives

Investigation

The Upper Hand

Looking For Jonas

Cedani

The Hero Everyone Needs

Radovia Attack in Pendle

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 18, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Is that all, Your Grace? We're just told to let them do whatever they want and run away from them? That's nonsense!

Buddy, we’re trying! Maybe you could enlist if you’re that fired up about it!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (34) Clicky-de clock

Your Grace, I have helped the tavern owner get rid of the panders. I don't know what was cooking up there, but it was a right mess when we arrived.

I'm glad you've managed to put an end to it.

Your Grace, the wooden hut in the forest appeared to be some sort of kitchen for preparing spices. It was abandoned. We searched the place and found this phial hidden under the flooring.

Did you find anything else?

No, Your Grace, the place was empty, apart from lots of dried rosemary.

Thank you.

You have called for me, Your Grace.

I have done as you asked.

Good job, you have stopped Etton's trading stand. It will be much harder for him to sell Dust now. You have imprisoned Etton's Dust dealers. I'm sure this will discourage others from selling. Wonderful! We have stopped the growth of Etton's business! Oracle Dust will still be about, but we definitely helped reduce its spread. Unfortunately, there's a small problem in the way. With Etton not buying my spices, others have turned their backs on me as well. I can hardly make a coin now... That's why... I had to start trading with Radovians.

Are you mad? That's supporting our enemy! We're going to war with them!

I suppose so, but they're helping us too. I'm sure that's not an easy decision for them either. Your Grace, the bottom line is I need gold. Otherwise I won't be able to sustain my armies. The only other option I see is if you bought the spices from me. I will need monthly instalments though. I need to keep my business running, or else I must wrap it all up. If you don't like any of those options, then I suppose we need to part ways.

I don't really like any of these options but times are hard and they're only going to get harder. I need to speak to my advisor about this before I make a decision. Until then, you will remain a guest of ours. My servant will take you to one of our guest rooms once our conversation has concluded. I do need to talk to you about a couple of more things. I found this message.

Ah, perfect!

I also have this phial. My agent has found this at a spice preparation hut. Do you know anything about this?

This phial looks like the ones you can buy in Atana. More often than not, they're simply used as ornaments... But I've seen these things with Oracle Dust inside of them. It's ironic how many of theose phials you can find there, since King Talys didn't support the Dust trade. Before he passed - May the gods have him in their favor - he turned down Etton's alliance, when he found out what he was up to...

This is interesting, so are you saying Etton and Talys were not on the best terms?

Indeed. Etton had it coming, though. He was fuming when Talys had his guards kick him out of the castle.

That's all for now.

As you wish, Your Grace.

This alliance would gives us many benefits, Your Grace. We would expect to see an increase in our income at the end of the week.

Your Grace, the General helped to throw the panders out of my tavern. I must say, he was very handy. The men and ladies have moved to another inn down the village. I have lost my customers, so it's going to be a while before I start making any profits again.

That's fine. I wish you good luck in rebuilding your business. And please don't allow this to happen again!

Of course, Your Grace.

Your Grace! We... We don't know how this happened. The creature... The... The witch from the forest... She escaped, Your Grace. Someone opened her doors! Idiot! Some fool was brave enough to seek the 'eternal wisdom'. We all knew the 'eternal wisdom' is just a hoax, we knew she's nothing but an old hag! But some young boy... He fell for the tale... And now... Babushka is out of the woods...

Babushka?

Your Grace... you don't know about Babushka? She's... Well... A witch, an old hag... Older than anyone knows. She's been around forever. She is short and crooked. Her bony legs barely support layers of her old wrinkly skin. She was a long, hooked nose. Her nostril hairs are so long, they hang down to her breasts. She wears a snakeskin coat and a scarf around her head, with tiny bones attached carefully to each strand... As she walks, the bones clatter against one other, clicky-de clock... Clicky-de clock... She lives in the woods, although no one has seen her for many years. The legend has it that she used to lure children into the forest, to eat them... But some legends also say she gives eternal wisdom to whom is brave enough to look her in the eyes...

What can I do about this?

I'm not sure, Your Grace. In the village, she transcribed these words on our doors: "Turn your back to the forest, your front to me". She also leaves old chicken legs on our doorsteps... We're afraid she's going to come for our children! Every night someone hears the clicking... She might be preparing a spell of some kind!

I will speak to my advisor to see if there is anything that we can do to help you. For now, please wait in the lobby and we will call you back in when we are ready for you.

Your Grace, more and more people gather to pray, we can't fit everyone in a barn no more. We wanted to build a new shrine, but we need some help inviting holy spirits to the place. We will be in the favor of the gods! The fields will be more fertile, the monsters will be kept at bay and the evil spirits will avoid our village. If you can, aid us with the court Witch and some gold to pay for the materials. People will be forever grateful!

Hmm... I'll have to think about this one. Please wait in the lobby and I will call you back in once I have come to a decision.

Darling?

I have a lead on the investigation.

What have you found?

A letter arrived, suggesting something suspicious happening near Branca. I've had a general explore the location and he found this phial... The substance inside could be what poisoned Talys.

Its ingredients could lead us to the killer. Perhaps take this phial to a court witch, see what she can tell us about it.

That's a good idea. I think I've seen her in the Council Chamber.

That's all I've found. I will see you later, darling.

Fine. I will stay here.

Your Grace, how can I help?

We found this thing, it could be connected to Talys somehow. There appears to be a residue inside. Can you check if this residue matches the poison from Talys' wine?

It might be difficult, but I'll try to determine the ingredients used in both samples. It will take some time, though.

This is a matter of the utmost importance but we still have some time before the trial starts. I will speak to Audry to see if we are able to spare the time right now as there are other places where you are also needed right now.

Council Meeting

Hello once again! I've been going over the books and have noticed our income and expenditure need more improvement. We are currently making 3 gold profit each week but we are now making a loss of 1 of our supplies each week and it's only going to get worse as time goes on. We need to strike a deal with Grego or hope that we can sway Masha to our cause if we catch the person who scammed her. We may even have to accept Lena's offer, if not for her army then we may have to do it so we can feed our people.

I will be keeping our agents on the payroll as they are definitely useful in many ways, not just for solving problems for our people but they may even discover hidden resources or people of interest in the nearby villages. We should focus on bringing more gold in so we can prepare our agents for the battle, they could be the key to securing a victory if the tide starts turning against us.

As for the carnival, I can safely say that we don't have to worry about it for now. Our people are happy and we shouldn't be afraid to upset a few peasants if we have to for any reason. Now that is out of the way, let's talk about this weeks events.

The King has... asked a favour from us. The phial that Alena found could be linked to the murder of Talys and would like us to spare two weeks of Alena's time to study the residue further. Should we allow Alena to study the phial or do we inform the King that she is needed elsewhere this week?

We informed Lurs about the collapse of Etton's Dust trade and he was more than happy to hear it. But this has come with some grave news in return. With the trade in Dust diminishing it means that Lurs trade in spice has followed suit. This means that Lurs has had to turn his trade to his other neighbours, the Radovians. This news is going to upset and appal some of you, as it did with us, but times are hard and he doesn't really have any other options. Lurs needs the income from the Radovians to sustain his army, the army that he is going to give to us to fight the Radovians. It's quite the scenario indeed but we do have some options. We can tell Lurs to keep trading with the Radovians, it's only spices after all and we will still have Lurs army and his supplies coming in each week. If you are truly outraged by this but want to keep the army and supplies, we can offer Lurs 3 gold a week to stop trading with the Radovians. Or we can tell Lurs that we are no longer interested in an Alliance.

Have any of you heard of the tales of Babushka? Maybe you heard the stories around a campfire when you were young or from an older sibling who was telling you a bedtime story. We had a visit today from a villager who has told us that the witch of the forest has tricked someone into freeing her and now she is roaming around again. There have been multiple accounts about her activities and now it seems like she is making threats to start eating children again. What shall we do about this? We can send Stan and his squad to keep watch, but this means that he will be gone for two weeks. We could give the villager 18 gold so they can hire someone themselves. Or we could just tell the villager that we are going to do nothing.

Another villager arrived today with a request for a new shrine to be built. It seems like the villagers are currently worshipping in a barn at the moment but the barn is becoming too small. They also feel that building a shrine will also bless the land and their people, it would also just be a nice thing to do for them. If we can spare our witch then we could send Alena to help, but she would be gone for two weeks. We could give them 18 gold to help build a small shrine or even give them 23 gold to make a shrine worthy of the gods themselves. Or we could just tell them to sod off.

Map

We could send our agents to scout one of the nearby villagers if you feel there time would be better spent doing so.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

All that's left now is to decide on who to invite next week.

Lena - We can speak to Lena about the new evidence that we have collected and we can also talk about the alliance offer.

Etton, Noaksey - We may have lost them as allies but they could still help us with our investigation.

Via Lyt - We could ask her about the phial.

Grego - We need to discover their terms for forming an alliance with us.

Let us take a break and return to this madness again soon!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 17, 2023

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Have Alena study the phial, we need to make progress on the murder.
Lurs can keep trading with the Radovians while he helps us with troops.
Do nothing about Babushka, she hasn't harmed anyone yet.
Although I would like to help with the shrine, no gold for the shrine, we need to keep some reserves to prepare Stan and/or Alena to help with the upcoming battle.

Mechanics questions:

Is there any deadline for the "Prepare General" and "Prepare Witch" upgrades besides "before the battle with the Radovians starts"?

Since we are now allied with Sir Friderick, do we automatically ally with Jovan and have access to his troops as well, or do we have to invite him first to let him know?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

jkq posted:

[Since we are now allied with Sir Friderick, do we automatically ally with Jovan and have access to his troops as well, or do we have to invite him first to let him know?

I was wondering this as well.

Clearing the King's name is paramount to all else we do here! And yet our new witch is already needed elsewhere! Ask Alena to assist in the construction of the shrine, and she can inspect the phial upon her return. We may yet need some divine intervention in the upcoming battle.

Lord Lurs asks too much... we stopped the dust trade as he asked, and now he wants more! And to think, he turns to the Radovians for aid! No, no, this won't do at all. Still, we must continue to secure allies for the days ahead. Even though I do not like it one bit, offer Lurs three gold per week for his spices. It will be a small expense and will keep his business, not to mention his allegiances, away from our enemies.

Babushka? That old fairy tale? I thought none believed it lest they were clutching at their mother's apron strings! Thank them for the entertaining story but send the villager away emptyhanded.

Since General Stan is available and very much not hunting ghost stories, deploy him to a nearby point of interest, preferably Luba or Wolomy[b] as they are close to us here in Grevno.

Lastly, if we cannot yet invite Lord Jovan, I suggest we [b]send for Lord Grego
and hear him out. I'm sure he will ally with us straight away with no strings attached...

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Alena can study the phial
Stan should be sent somewhere, but I have no preference.
Lurs can have 3 gold/week to reduce his conflict of interest. The spices hopefully will count as additional supplies instead of being ephemeral.
Invite Jovan if he's not an ally yet. Otherwise, we'll need to check with Grego
Let's avoid dealing with Babushka or funding the shrine.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Have Alena study the phial, murder is important.

Give the religious folks 18 gold for a small shrine, we only have one witch and finite gold but a bit of blessing never hurt anyone.

Do nothing about Babushka, it seems a little unwise to persecute one witch when we have another working for us.

Let Lurs keep trading with the Radovians. War never makes any drat sense anyway and life must go on.

Find out what Grego wants from us, as I suggested last week.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'll look into the Jovan situation when I finish work tonight. I meant to do it this morning but I forgot.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I need to clarify this but I can't remember whether we need to invite Jovan back ourselves or he comes back automatically to seal the deal.

On a side note, Jovan would ally with us even if we had sided with Noaksey.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

On a side note, Jovan would ally with us even if we had sided with Noaksey.

I feel so betrayed :(

What do I care about a peasant merchant doing money things? The fools would sell their own mothers to a brothel to get half a copper piece. Let him trade with Radovians

Yes yes, let your pet wise women research the phial. Better than spending money on her to go kiss deer in the woods or whatever.

The gods botherers can sod off. Their deity would probably prefer they do everything themselves to show piety or something anyways. See, we are still helping!

This babushka is not our concern. Call me when she burns down a stable or harms horses or attacks my favorite brothel or sics an attack hedgehog on the King.

Invite Lord Groggy. Oh we did have such nights on the town together as young men! He never had a head for drink, be groggy all day when I took him out! Good times..

Send Stan to Wolomy. I'm sure the peasants are behind on their taxes or something

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just noticed the votes to ignore the child eating hag :eyepop:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Given the description I'm skeptical that she exists. also there are too many drat children around here anyway

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Won't someone eat think of the children???

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Thats what the villagers think shes up to anyways. If they managed to contain her by locking her up in a cottage I'd say its unlikely to be true. Frankly, I'm rather amazed there isn't an option to send our own witch down there and give her a stern talking to about pr.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

She was locked behind a magic door in a forest which was somehow opened by an idiot a young boy. What's not to believe about that?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Hold up. Have we considered finding the hag to ask for some eternal wisdom?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

She probably bakes some amazing cookies. What's a few missing kids in exchange for cookies?

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
I agree, we need the bright witch to study the phial, or we’re going to be completely up a creek when the trial comes.

As much as I’d like to avoid giving anything at all to our enemies, the Radovians can hardly kill us with spices: we can hopefully kill them with the men the spices will buy. Let him trade with the Radovians, our enemies are to be exploited. Not like we’re giving them real marching supplies, like beer and cheese!

Can I just make a vote that we should Do something about the Babushka? I have no preference as to how we solve the problem, though.

I don’t think we have coin to spare to expand a shrine. Emergencies are happening every week around here, what if we get caught completely flat-footed when, I dunno, the Babushka’s sister shows up or something?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Have the witch study the phial. Proving our innocence is important. Still not sure if this will ultimately prove our innocence but we have few other leads to go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Finally started playing this game on Steam. It’s great! The music is very cool. The verbal “dialog” took a little while to get used to, but they add to the experience as well. And as a father of two girls I think King Eryk and I often growl and sigh in the same manner.