Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sleekly posted:

how do you split up families by releasing hostages? did they all re-marry already or something? nothing makes any sense

death to loving israel
death to its coward masters

i think they've been talking about releasing women/children so presumably it'd be families being released without the husband/father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

PawParole posted:

Jews were actually underrepresented in the Bolsheviks considering how much of the Russian proletariat were Jewish.

i don't know the details but this is likely because of the bund being a genuine mass jewish communist movement

sorry i can't read the attachment its text is very tiny

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

FrancisFukyomama posted:

does Fatah still have a decent number of soldiers? I thought they went through an IRA style disarming

They have enough to stop Hamas from getting a foothold. Well, they used to.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

fatah also controls the PA, which does have a significant amount of men under arms

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

carcinofuck posted:

That Palestine video is excellent, and the most hard-hitting image is this:

I actually thought that felt the most student film of the video; not because the shot is bad, it's an excellent, striking shot. But because no other part of the film has this tone of surrealistic debauchery. It hits you like a cement brick, but not in an "oh my god, my heart" way, rather a "woah, when did we cut to a USSR reel of yankee fat cats laughing at farmers". A director with stronger discipline would think "this shot kicks rear end, but it also stands out way too much" and make a decision to go more surreal or cut it.

Anyways, Death to Israel.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

V. Illych L. posted:

i don't know the details but this is likely because of the bund being a genuine mass jewish communist movement

sorry i can't read the attachment its text is very tiny

Fixed it.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

no, the west bank is there to be pacified, i just think that these attacks are terror measures to keep the west bank in line and not the starting stages of an eliminationist campaign like what it's reasonable to believe that we're seeing in gaza

well i think attacking fatah sends a message that no palestinian organization will be tolerated anywhere within israel, no matter how compromised and in service of israel. if there's no possibility of even a fatah type organization being allowed, that leaves an existential war for survival as the only option for the west bank. which could mean israel is trying to provoke a broader uprising in the west bank as an excuse to commit genocide.
or the israeilis could just be insane genocidal idiots lashing out without reason

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Neurolimal posted:

I actually thought that felt the most student film of the video; not because the shot is bad, it's an excellent, striking shot. But because no other part of the film has this tone of surrealistic debauchery. It hits you like a cement brick, but not in an "oh my god, my heart" way, rather a "woah, when did we cut to a USSR reel of yankee fat cats laughing at farmers". A director with stronger discipline would think "this shot kicks rear end, but it also stands out way too much" and make a decision to go more surreal or cut it.

yeah i didn't like the film much imo it relies on the viewer's sentimental affection for the palestinian cause to be effective. it gives me very zelensky circa summer of 2022 vibes

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Neurolimal posted:

Actually it kicks rear end and real heads can deal with tonal whiplash

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Hatebag posted:

well i think attacking fatah sends a message that no palestinian organization will be tolerated anywhere within israel, no matter how compromised and in service of israel. if there's no possibility of even a fatah type organization being allowed, that leaves an existential war for survival as the only option for the west bank. which could mean israel is trying to provoke a broader uprising in the west bank as an excuse to commit genocide.
or the israeilis could just be insane genocidal idiots lashing out without reason

i mostly agree with the analysis, but there's a medium-term future and there's a right now. if you break the palestinian organisations on the west bank right now, it limits the danger of a palestinian uprising on the west bank right now.

where we differ is that i think that this is not necessarily as strong a signal about fatah as you say - it could be making an example to bring the organisation into line, or it could even be intervening in an internal fatah conflict. it could also be what you say, but i don't think it's the only valid interpretation here

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1725655372508045348?t=nJbzeMILto9bgXuQKwz78g&s=19

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

at this rate the star of david is gonna be up there with the swastika in being synonymous with pure evil

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

no, the west bank is there to be pacified, i just think that these attacks are terror measures to keep the west bank in line and not the starting stages of an eliminationist campaign like what it's reasonable to believe that we're seeing in gaza

Counterpoint: the Israeli government is a bunch of blood gargling Kahanist psychopaths who want to eliminate both Gaza and West Bank and don't care about opening infinite fronts so long as they get their lebensraum.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Zionists trying to brute force their way in the northern/NW axis. The fact that they have managed to make it Al-Ahli before the Indonesian hospital, kind of shows they are getting their poo poo pushed in on the NW axis

https://twitter.com/Hind_Gaza/status/1725646318675079592

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

at this rate the star of david is gonna be up there with the swastika in being synonymous with pure evil

yup. it's swastika 2....

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Lpzie posted:

yup. it's swastika 2....

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7302098153375796488

The last kufiya factory of Palestine still going strong.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
makes sense that they'd be ok with him endorsing a post that says Netanyahu is right :hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/briantashman/status/1725658833060552840

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

FrancisFukyomama posted:

does Fatah still have a decent number of soldiers? I thought they went through an IRA style disarming

Fatah's armed wing, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, has been de facto split from Fatah itself for a long time, is functionally a separate organization now, and are fighting alongside Hamas as part of the Joint Operations Room

from the limited scale and impact of their attacks the impression I get is that they are pretty lightly armed, at least in the West Bank

the Palestinian Authority's security forces are still controlled by Fatah but Israel deliberately keeps them very lightly armed to ensure that they can never meaningfully challenge the Israelis, and they're mostly used in policing roles, beating up or shooting rubber bullets at their countrymen so the Israelis don't have to

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

i mostly agree with the analysis, but there's a medium-term future and there's a right now. if you break the palestinian organisations on the west bank right now, it limits the danger of a palestinian uprising on the west bank right now.

where we differ is that i think that this is not necessarily as strong a signal about fatah as you say - it could be making an example to bring the organisation into line, or it could even be intervening in an internal fatah conflict. it could also be what you say, but i don't think it's the only valid interpretation here

yeah, there's a lot of possible explanations. i doubt fatah was doing anything that would be a substantial threat to israel, though. or even anything that israel might interpret that way.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jizzny Princess posted:

That's good to hear. I have a kufiya from them and one of the maps of Palestine the sell.

I still need to buy a football jersey from Club Deportivo Palestino one of these days

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

HallelujahLee posted:

War Monitor
⚡️Netanyahu to NPR: "It is necessary to make a cultural change in Gaza similar to the change that occurred in Germany and Japan"

so long as he means East Germany I'll allow it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i believe most armed groups in the west bank have nothing to do with fatah/plo mainly because they rightly saw awhile back ago that the plo is a vichy type organization

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

So has anyone called the IDF cum extraction unit 'The Load-Bearing Column' yet?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
gotta say, as a big fan of tunnels, the last couple of days have been very disappointing

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

VROOM VROOM posted:

a small group of protestors in Portland (max 50) blocked the entrance to the local Boeing facility this morning, preventing any vehicles from entering for at least 3 hours, though not for lack of trying - several cars attempted to enter anyway and an 18-wheeler tried to straight up push through the crowd, but all were bravely repelled

this has been your resistance in the heart of burgerland report, thank you for reading

Beautiful start

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU

Digital Jedi posted:

That's good to hear. I have a kufiya from them and one of the maps of Palestine the sell.

I still need to buy a football jersey from Club Deportivo Palestino one of these days

Nice, I keep trying to get a Kufiya from here or the Paliroots site but things sell out so fast!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Hatebag posted:

yeah, there's a lot of possible explanations. i doubt fatah was doing anything that would be a substantial threat to israel, though. or even anything that israel might interpret that way.

there was a bunch of alleged PA security guys who were threatening abbas with a coup... a week? ago. it's very possible that militant fatah factions want to do an intifada and abbas is not in a strong position to stave them off on his own, for instance

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

CheetoVonTito posted:

Ok I’m starting to reach the level of rage that brews in Al-Saqr

Update:
4: gently caress Jordan too for sending body bags. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw they refused electricity for water with Israel. But right back on their bullshit.

4: https://x.com/mylordbebo/status/1725646751531483356?s=46

It'd be better if they started bombing israel but doesn't gaza need a lot of both of these things right now?

Having proper ways to wrap the dead and having sanitary places to use the bathroom is absolutely essential to avoid the spread of disease in a situation like this

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Nov 18, 2023

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Zionist claiming one of the martyrs carried out an attack a couple of weeks back in the West Bank that killed at least one soldiers. The Al Aqsa Martyrs brigade/Fatah have been involved in some hit and run operations since the 7th

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

ty wolberine

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Joementum posted:

gotta say, as a big fan of tunnels, the last couple of days have been very disappointing

same, maybe one of these days they'll find an osama bin laden complex spanning ten or twelve layers with a hangar on the bottom so you can ride away on horseback with your brothers in jihad but I haven't seen it yet and I'm pretty bummed out about it.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/tamars/status/1725534958297477186

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Jizzny Princess posted:

Where can I buy one? My partner has been trying to find an authentic kufiya

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

It'd be better if they started bombing israel but doesn't gaza need a lot of both of these things right now?

Having proper ways to wrap the dead and having sanitary places to use the bathroom is absolutely essential to avoid the spread of disease in a situation like this

There’s no running water or proper sewerage. Those toilets are rendered useless.
Out of all the supplies they can send…FOOD…WATER…Sanitary pads for women (this is becoming a significant unspoken issue), medicine, blankets, tents, any loving thing else other than god drat porcelain thrones would be fantastic

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bouillon Rube posted:

Where can I buy one? My partner has been trying to find an authentic kufiya

Looks like their site doesn't seem up but this other one of theirs is https://hirbawiusa.com/ but ti looks like everything is sold out

I've bought stuff from this site before
https://www.paliroots.com/

Digital Jedi has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Nov 18, 2023

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Mister Bates posted:

Fatah's armed wing, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, has been de facto split from Fatah itself for a long time, is functionally a separate organization now, and are fighting alongside Hamas as part of the Joint Operations Room

from the limited scale and impact of their attacks the impression I get is that they are pretty lightly armed, at least in the West Bank

the Palestinian Authority's security forces are still controlled by Fatah but Israel deliberately keeps them very lightly armed to ensure that they can never meaningfully challenge the Israelis, and they're mostly used in policing roles, beating up or shooting rubber bullets at their countrymen so the Israelis don't have to

the commies and the maoists both seem to have contributed more in the last few weeks or maybe the Al Asqa brigades just havent been doing PR very well

FrancisFukyomama has issued a correction as of 01:23 on Nov 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm pretty sure I've made this point already: it's amazing to me that the supposedly intractable dictators that we label our "enemies" see what's happening in Palestine so much clearer than the fossils governing the US. They call this out for what it is while almost no one in D.C (save for Rashida Tlaib and Ihlan Omar) is brave enough to even utter the word "ceasefire".

The same is no doubt true for "leadership" in the UK and Germany as well.

We live in the empire, and the empire is the baddies.