Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mdemone posted:

I'm breathing normally, and acting totally inauspicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nodoze posted:

Cal getting sent to the place pitchers go to die

Unsurprising. Cal's peripherals looked really bad and the Guardians are going full steam ahead on their new rookie pitcher alignment. He might bounce back but I think it's a coin flip chance if he's cooked or not.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:wow:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

lmfao

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Welcome to page 69 everyone

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:eyepop:

No Safe Word posted:

Welcome to page 69 everyone

:nice:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’m hearing reports that Shohei Ohtani is “desperate” to sign with the World Champion Texas Rangers. “I want to hang out in the clubhouse and blast Creed with the boys,” Ohtani was reportedly overheard saying.

Ohtani is on record as wanting to put a team over the top, well there's a team that came a game short of the WS

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

:nice:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hahahaha amazing

Ohtani will shock everyone and sign with the uh ... Royals

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
MLBTR saying that Yamamoto will be posted this coming Monday.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
His post will be Wrigleyville

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ohtani destinations

Most likely: Dodgers, Mariners
Most unlikely: Angels (sorry Angel fan goons), bad teams (Pirates lol)
Most hated: Astros, Yankees
Most "meh": Everyone else

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You'd think Ohtani would pay for himself in marketing for the Mariners in that market?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Sydin posted:

MLBTR saying that Yamamoto will be posted this coming Monday.

There was a blurb on MLBTR saying that the Tigers were interested. I had a good chuckle at the thought of Chris Ilitch shelling out a contract over 200m for a pitcher, but goddamn would it be cool if the impossible happened :unsmith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/1725663781768810508?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

Kinda wild, Senzel was supposed to be The Guy in Cincy and just can’t stay healthy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

His nickname should be Mr. Glass

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

also Peter Bendix trading with his former employer

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1725657346444001460?s=20

Brujan is a good buy low candidate at a position the Marlins desperately need more of (middle IF)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FlamingLiberal posted:

also Peter Bendix trading with his former employer

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1725657346444001460?s=20

Brujan is a good buy low candidate at a position the Marlins desperately need more of (middle IF)

I haven't even seen anything to make me think that Brujan will ever be a decent major leaguer.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Braves traded Kyle Wright to the Royals for Jackson Kowar

Pretty good deal for KC long-term if he can be healthy after he comes back from surgery

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Woodruff got non-tendered

hell of a pick up if his shoulder doesn't explode

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Braves traded Kyle Wright to the Royals for Jackson Kowar

Pretty good deal for KC long-term if he can be healthy after he comes back from surgery

They must feel Wright is completely cooked.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Not a good week to be a former high draft pick for the Braves

Hurston Waldrep looking over his shoulder

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I feel like the Braves are going to sign some FA starter with all of these pitchers they are getting rid of. Or maybe more than one.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They have a ton of open spots now
https://x.com/mlbbowman/status/1725696910919348671?s=20

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Patrick Wisdom re-signs and Brandon Hughes non-tendered. Meh.

Feel like we are nearing deals with Ohtani, Yamamoto, and Bellinger. Exciting times.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Padres trade Scott Barlow to Guardians for Enyel De Los Santos

Maaaan I hate this trade. De Los Santos was the like stable point of our bullpen this year. Don't know what the Guards see in Scott Barlow but he had a bad year and we've blown up so much of our pitching already.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Woodruff got non-tendered

hell of a pick up if his shoulder doesn't explode

Nobody is ever going to want to sign with the brewers again.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Completely insane that Soroka, who has been hurt a ton, has the best WAR of any of these recent 1st round picks

https://twitter.com/CespedesBBQ/status/1725713253798490176?s=20

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Holy poo poo Brewers are just giving up. Gee, I wonder why Counsell left? :thunk:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1725677495293558934?s=20

M's under Dipoto can conjure mid leverage relievers out of nothing, don't hate it as a depth move.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

not tromp! :saddowns:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/status/1725684557351940201
lmao that Kimbrel trade's looking better by the day! Sucks about Roberts, all downhill from that great moment where he got told he was making the team in ST a couple years ago. :smith: Hughes is quite the surprise, but maybe with his weird knee thing and Little now in the mix he's considered superfluous. Could see all these guys back on minor league deals too I guess. Oh and the Cubs also agreed to a ~$2M contract with Wisdom.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Holy poo poo Brewers are just giving up. Gee, I wonder why Counsell left? :thunk:

The Brewers were never going to pay his FA price and with him reportedly turning down an extension that would give the Brewers another cheapish year in exchange for letting him rehab in 2024, the non-tender makes sense. They'd be paying him close to $12M to *maybe* pitch some games down the stretch, with no guarantee he'd be immediately effective again after major surgery. Deffo some teams with bigger pockets will be looking to bring him in and give him an actual ace extension though.

Now the only question is will they trade Burnes this offseason or at the deadline.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1725738742575468934

It would be funny if this happens and they don't win anything with them.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The only thing Arte Moreno hates more than spending over the luxury tax is the Los Angeles Dodgers. He will never ever ever in a million lifetimes trade Mike Trout to the Dodgers.

He’s more likely to eat Trout’s entire contract and give him for free to the Giants than he is to approve a trade to the Dodgers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Dodgers getting both Ohtani and Trout should kill anyone's interest in baseball for the foreseeable future

If the Astros pulled it off though that would rule and everyone should love it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol Apparently they lied about having technical difficulties so Ohtani didn't have to speak to the media after he won the MVP?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Oh and the Cubs also agreed to a ~$2M contract with Wisdom.

I'm happy for Wisdom, dude has been solid for the Cubs even if the numbers don't necessarily show it and he deserves a pay day. Hope he can get another one next year, he's at least a good bat to have off the bench and he plays a solid 3b.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

that just makes me respect ohtani more tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted: