Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
To be fair to your mom souls aren't sentient in Catholicism the way you think they are at least not until the Resurrection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I remember talking to my catholic mother about souls and she was like "if you believe that you don't have one, isn't it horrifying and lonely to feel you don't have a soul and it all ends when you die" and like yeah but I'll take that 10000% over the horrors of existing after death as some sort of eternal disincorporated sentient thing, drifting and vulnerable to the whims of inscrutable inhuman entities. loving horrifying. Incomprehensible cosmic horror sounds like a bad vibe. Can't even off yourself to escape the terrors of the aos universe, it just gets worse from there.

Good news, the raven priests of Morrda can ensure that your soul safely passes out of the control of any god or force in the mortal realm. They take cash or several years of service in the under city of Lethis.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/13/court-is-in-session-all-rise-for-the-honourable-grand-justice-gormayne/

All rise for Grand Justice Gormayne.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Now THAT is the poo poo

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

holy loving poo poo

this is EXACTLY what I wanted from a FEC refresh

edit: oh my god his wig is intestines

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I’ve seen a lot of ideas and concept art for different FEC models, and pompous meat wig is a new one for me.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

hell yeah THIS is what I'm talkin about

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Oh hell yes.

also noting that he has an actual ruff.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

i was just saying that the current range of FEC models didn't really lean into the idea they're actually nobility etc but here we are

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

My god...

Revaling the true horror of the FEC by basing them of English toffs.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

If this is the stuff they’re just casually dropping on a Monday with no warning, the Summer King is going to be an insane model. Or at least I hope so. It is still GW, who knows what they announce Friday.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

Vagabong posted:

My god...

Revaling the true horror of the FEC by basing them of English toffs.

The article talks about how he refers back to the kingdom’s constitution, which actually makes these horrible deluded ghouls more advanced and civilised than the English

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

GhastlyBizness posted:

The article talks about how he refers back to the kingdom’s constitution, which actually makes these horrible deluded ghouls more advanced and civilised than the English

:vince:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
And people thought Michael Gove was left out of the cabinet reshuffle today...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah, that's the poo poo they really need to lean into lol. That's the first time I've been tempted to play FEC.

Just imagining that little guy spending like 5 hours perfectly coiffing his intestine wig.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The article also mentions that sometimes the curse drops and he freaks out for a bit which is very cool

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It reminds me of the Flayed Ones in Twice Dead King, especially Unnas's Court

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Funzo posted:

If this is the stuff they’re just casually dropping on a Monday with no warning, the Summer King is going to be an insane model. Or at least I hope so. It is still GW, who knows what they announce Friday.

He's going to have great big sausage fingers. Mark my words.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Looks like some of the Christmas battleforce boxes are still available from Ebay sellers. Any recommendations on who to buy from if I wanted one?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I've found flipside to be reliable and fast

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

smug jeebus posted:

I've found flipside to be reliable and fast

Yeah, flipside is local to me and who I usually buy from. Never any complaints.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I put an order in with Flipside, my first time ordering with them, but I got a good feeling about it.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Do Sylvaneth have an ability that makes their units invisible and effectively immune to ranged combat if they are simply near their groves or overgrown terrain?

I’m pretty new to actually playing this game, and my opponent this week has some Kurnoth Hunters that he claimed were invisible due to a Sylvaneth gimmick involving their terrain. It apparently worked even when the unit was outside the terrain, and it effectively made my Blissbarb Archers useless. I’ve been looking at Sylvaneth info and can’t figure out what rules gave him this ability, but I know he has used it against other players as well.

The problem is that we are all fairly new and pretty casual right now, so we are pretty trusting that everyone is playing in good faith when it comes to rules. I either want to understand how this ability worked, or correct him the next time I see him so he doesn’t accidentally marginalize someone else’s army through a rule misinterpretation.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

:stare:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Now that's the real shiznit.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
God drat ok yeah

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DFu4ever posted:

Do Sylvaneth have an ability that makes their units invisible and effectively immune to ranged combat if they are simply near their groves or overgrown terrain?

I’m pretty new to actually playing this game, and my opponent this week has some Kurnoth Hunters that he claimed were invisible due to a Sylvaneth gimmick involving their terrain. It apparently worked even when the unit was outside the terrain, and it effectively made my Blissbarb Archers useless. I’ve been looking at Sylvaneth info and can’t figure out what rules gave him this ability, but I know he has used it against other players as well.

The problem is that we are all fairly new and pretty casual right now, so we are pretty trusting that everyone is playing in good faith when it comes to rules. I either want to understand how this ability worked, or correct him the next time I see him so he doesn’t accidentally marginalize someone else’s army through a rule misinterpretation.

Sylvaneth have a number of ways to boost themselves while within a certain distance of an overgrown feature or awakened wyldwood or let them teleport between them. However, they do not have anything that straight up renders them invisible, either in their standard loadout or in their new army of renown. The closest I can think of is the Awakened Wyldwood terrain itself blocks visibility for non-Sylvaneth but can be seen through by Sylvaneth, but that just means you need to not stand diametrically across from them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Championship reveal stream starts in 10 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

New Ghouls Knights!
We're getting new Cryptguard, new units like Morbheg Knights (Ghouls on bat monsters), new Varghulf Courtier model, Abhorrent Cardinal (GHOUL POPE!) and Royal Decapitator.

There's an new army box for the first couple of new models.

Also, Ushoran is a loving big model.
And he's the main character of the fourth Dawnbringer book, The Mad King Rises.

Meanwhile, Underworlds is getting a Kruleboi warband, Daggok's Stab-Ladz.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 18, 2023

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ushoran might be the best model I've ever seen from gw.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Lots of cool new FEC models, but I didn’t see any mention of a new battle tome. Just the 4th Dawnbringers book. Did I just miss it?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

There's a new tome coming as well, considering they are getting an army box so the tome with first be available there. Much like Seraphon.

The Warcom Article is up:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/18/world-championships-preview-the-chivalrous-armies-of-ushoran/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/18/world-championships-preview-bow-low-for-the-return-of-ushoran/

Just to show how big Ushoran is.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 18, 2023

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They just keep knocking it out of the loving park with AoS every god drat time. There's only a single model line I'm not thoroughly impressed with.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I dont need it I dont need it I dont need it I dont need it I dont need it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Those are pretty rad, though I still think they could have pushed the Knights and Ghouls further into the theme. The Cardinal, King, and Executioner are all perfect

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
They really do need a jester and court ladies and stuff. A Ghoul-a-palooza if you will.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Oh man, playing Dark Souls was clearly the best thing to happen to GW’s designers, it inspired like 80% of their recent undead

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I JUST sold my deepkin I don't NEED this

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Ha I'm lucky as I have not yet recovered from my huge WHU purchase I cannot start another army now. Truly master move on my part

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Yeah I just bought a whole OBR army and I've told myself no more models until I paint them all, thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
gently caress I might be a Flesh Eater Courts player soon, the Dark Souls aesthetic mixed with GW's patented heavy metal exaggeration looks so loving good on these guys