Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

My fish has been 80 since the game came out... I apologize for this fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

Stormterror didn't work.

I actually enjoyed hunting different things down.

it actually does (once, unlike the oceanid adds) but its kind of awkward because you have to zoom in at a certain spot to trigger it

anwyays I loving hate this event because you need 5 different "types" to turn in and the ones you get are random to "encourage" you to trade with your friends

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Anemo slimes count for the photos today ("winglike"), if you fast travel to brightcrown canyon and run south, theres a ledge with a big tree on it halfway down the cliff with like 6 anemo slimes there, you can knock off more than half the pictures. The materials you get are unrelated to the subject of the pictures so no point running around trying to find winged shrooms or drakes or whatever. Spectres dont work, apparently the flappy bits on a flying enemy arent sufficiently wing like.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I apparently missed a day of the event too so missed out on the rewards. I would swear there was nothing in there yesterday though. Or is this the first day of it?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Vultures in the desert work. So does the Thunder Manifestation, once it's actually summoned.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Giant evil red bird that appears in a few places in Sumeru desert works, as does the normal and boss version of the flying ruin drake. And of course the giant chicken.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't really get which enemies count as each color category, you have to have at least one of each to turn it in for the reward right?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't really get which enemies count as each color category, you have to have at least one of each to turn it in for the reward right?

The colors are random, doesn't matter what the picture is of.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Well thats stupid

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I didnt realize this until just this second but not only do I have Nilou, but I have a C1 Nilou???

Can I use her to destroy???

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Meowywitch posted:

I didnt realize this until just this second but not only do I have Nilou, but I have a C1 Nilou???

Well it isn't hyperbloom, the only thing the internet thinks matters, so no.

It does good enough damage, and has pretty good range, but you're still just doing her slow three attack combo. Definitely fun to smack hillchurls off walls or whatever with a sword beam, though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this event is crap btw

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

https://twitter.com/efter_after/status/1585314902763192320

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

this event is crap btw

It really is. I’m considering just not doing it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They've done events like this before and they've never been good.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the rewards are nothing to write home about so i'm probably just going to focus on wrapping up exploration this week tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Did Paimon start huffing gas or something? Her Fontaine-quest levels of intelligence are shockingly lower. She can't even figure out people are trying to tell her their name? cmon you stupid fairy

e: can I replace Paimon with a Melusine instead

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 18, 2023

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Did we play the same event?
I followed advice from earlier in the thread and fought the Oceanid, taking pictures of all the birds.
(Brought Zhongli to shield)

Then I had one left and fought Dvalin.

I suppose RNG could screw you on colors (whoops maybe I should have saved my extras for requests here instead of just randomly giving them away), but besides that possibility it's a pretty quick, inoffensive event.

Like not a big thing I guess, but we also just got a huge new area.

And a super long event in Star Rail. And a new story chapter in HI3 containing the most fun villain in these games since Otto. And this was going to be an aside but actually that's something Genshin has been missing, in general and especially lately.

Come on Celestia, send us a nice ham for Christmas please.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Meowywitch posted:

If you mean main DPS Nilou, she's definitely usable for making the bloom cores on her own, you just need somebody applying Dendro from off-field.

I just use Barbara for that myself because it's really funny

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We don't have a Hydro character that specializes in EM. Get with it, Mihoyo.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm prefarming for Navia, and this is the first time I've prefarmed for a character whose artifact set isn't out yet. There's not really anything I can do about that except prepare some placeholder artifacts and resign myself to an unknown amount of time postfarming after she comes out, is there?

I guess it's still not as annoying as when a character comes out at the same time as their local specialty.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Captain France posted:

I suppose RNG could screw you on colors

That's literally it. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't be worth commenting on.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You can tell yourself it's fine to use a 2pc mix of existing sets, which doesn't seem like it'd be that bad.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Kale posted:

I apparently missed a day of the event too so missed out on the rewards. I would swear there was nothing in there yesterday though. Or is this the first day of it?

I'm like 95% certain this is the first day. I logged in right at daily reset even and the event wasn't active yet, it was only partway through today that it went up. I can only assume the people already talking about day 2 are in a different timezone.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm prefarming for Navia, and this is the first time I've prefarmed for a character whose artifact set isn't out yet. There's not really anything I can do about that except prepare some placeholder artifacts and resign myself to an unknown amount of time postfarming after she comes out, is there?

I guess it's still not as annoying as when a character comes out at the same time as their local specialty.

If you've never gone to the artifact mines for an artifact set that only one character wants and they need a 4 piece set, I'll let you know right now that it's a battle to crush your soul. Rolling the sands you need with CR/CD substats just for every roll to go into flat HP...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If we miss a day of the photography event, we can't get all the rewards?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
what will we get first, a water shielder or water claymore

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
There are way more photo opportunities than needed samples and you can get missing ones traded to you. I wouldn't leave it until the last day, but missing a day or two is fine.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If we miss a day of the photography event, we can't get all the rewards?

ah, you can claim rewards 7 times, but only get 10 photos a day.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

No Wave posted:

It is, but for today do oceanid. Every bird that spawns is a new photo.

...wow. Duck, sparrow, crane, and hawk. I tried their non-mimic versions to no avail so I never thought. And the oceanid herself has wing-like fins too. (I went and poked the thunder manifestation for my last shot of the day. ...unless only the ones on the thunder manifestation count because it's a bird soul.)

EDITED: wait wait it's pictures of 10 different things not 10 different kinds of thing and I could have been mostly done just by poking some cicin mages?

Glazius fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 18, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If you've never gone to the artifact mines for an artifact set that only one character wants and they need a 4 piece set, I'll let you know right now that it's a battle to crush your soul. Rolling the sands you need with CR/CD substats just for every roll to go into flat HP...
Yeah. When I ran out of more productive things to do, I spent about a week grinding EoSF substats, which about half the units in the game want, and found it so miserable that I just stopped bothering to spend my resin for like 6 months.

I can cobble together an okay 2 Gladiator 2 Shimenawa set with what I've got, but because I haven't spent much effort on artifacts in general, it's still not very impressive. Somehow I don't even have that many great Gladiator pieces after all this time.

Tae posted:

what will we get first, a water shielder or water claymore
I think there's a pretty good chance Sigewinne will be a shielder.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you cant photograph the same creature over and over but the cicin mages and oceanid keep creating new ones so it gets around the restriction

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGDF3U4g7VE

Probably too late in the day for this, but this is what I did. the colors you get are completely random so there's no benefit to going out and finding different animals

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Pretty annoying that childe just ignores lyney's puppets and also that those puppets seem to be incapable of targeting wanderer's little electro lasers before his instakill.

The photo event giving random colors to stuff is also annoying, but I assume it's weighted so you'll get an even-enough amount of stuff over time. So unless your leftovers don't carry over days (and it seems they do), it's not really worth fretting over having to find 10 vultures or whatever.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Doing the djinn quest I've now hit two doors I don't have clearance for. Is there some new widget I have to get to open those? I've got maxed clearance on the slate, according to google and the wiki, so if they want two forms of ID I don't know where I'd get the second.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
New day, new photography subject. Warp to Stormbearer Mountains and northwest of the teleporter are 5 pinecones, 3 apples, and 4 vulberries

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't mind the actual photography part of the event, running around the world doing stuff is fun and the targets aren't hard to find or to figure out. Today's especially can be done in a few minutes. And events give credit to daily commissions so there's that too.

But here's an unrelated thought I had; the new craftable claymore Tidal Shadow, which gives a pretty hefty Atk boost upon being healed, seems like it could be somewhat devastating in a Diluc/Furina vape team? Has anyone crunched that at all before I go and dump billets into it?

Or an Eula/Furina team? I don't have WGS or any other good DPS claymores besides Serpent Spine so I'm desperate.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
This photography event is weird in that you only get what, five and a half days at the most to do it (assuming you didn't miss the first day like I did)? Normally they give you at least a week to do something like this.

Plus, I'm not really sure why this needed voiced dialogue

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

This photography event is weird in that you only get what, five and a half days at the most to do it (assuming you didn't miss the first day like I did)? Normally they give you at least a week to do something like this.

Plus, I'm not really sure why this needed voiced dialogue

They just randomly do that for some non-flagship events sometimes. The audio balance for the JP dub seemed way off for the quest giving NPC though. Just like full blown screaming in my ears the entire time. I appreciate the enthusiasm of what was probably some C-List voice actor with no name recognition, but I actually had to adjust the volume on my headset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Most of their events are pretty standard and casual now, but this isn't one of those. It's some pretty rote engagement-driving and whether that's annoying or really annoying is up to personal preference.