Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

kdrudy posted:

Also, I'm beyond sick of them just warbling into mic at the end of main show episodes.

Do what I’ve been doing for years - the moment they start to say “and it’s about time to wrap up” slam that delete button. There’s nothing worth sticking around for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sometimes I wonder if anybody in this thread actually likes the mcelroys or their content. I think the answer is No.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Sometimes I wonder if anybody in this thread actually likes the mcelroys or their content. I think the answer is No.

It's me. I'm the one. A giant, empty warehouse of sadness.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

kdrudy posted:

Also, I'm beyond sick of them just warbling into mic at the end of main show episodes.

And somehow this was chosen because they thought people would be more likely to stick around to the end to listen to it

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I like them very much, but I am also in the group that believes it would be better to just say "and that's the end of the podcast" than the sound bath.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I like them. I even think Travis is occasionally funny.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

I like them very much, but I am also in the group that believes it would be better to just say "and that's the end of the podcast" than the sound bath.

I just end it when Justin says "folks"

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

grittyreboot posted:

I just end it when Justin says "folks"

Also fair, that means you can duck out before all the ads for upcoming live shows that I'll never see because I'm on the wrong continent.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I still listen to sawbones most weeks, and will watch their YouTube stuff occasionally. I'm mostly here to stay current on the specific ways people complain about them.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

I like them. I even think Travis is occasionally funny.

No bummers please.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

there's rarely anything to post about about mainline MBMBAM because it's a series of small, short, insubstantial jokes and bits that are virtually impossible to discuss (almost no one is going to want to dissect the inane poo poo like griffin mispronouncing a word). people only ever come here when there's something to discuss or speculate on, which tends to be TAZ, or a joke that is really grating, most Much Squads.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I do, though I acknowledge that it's a lot of empty calories so to speak (most podcasting is).

I gotta catch up on the TAZB graphic novels, I've been sitting on a copy of 4 for a couple of years but never picked up 3 and so I haven't read 4 yet :goleft:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

C-Euro posted:

I do, though I acknowledge that it's a lot of empty calories so to speak (most podcasting is).

I gotta catch up on the TAZB graphic novels, I've been sitting on a copy of 4 for a couple of years but never picked up 3 and so I haven't read 4 yet :goleft:

Goddamn that 4th one was nuts. I might go back and reread it, their artist really got wild with it

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I still listen to and enjoy MBMBAM, TAZ, and Sawbones. I have also been enjoying watching them play Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country, both of which I poured hours and hours into as a child and never beat.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I basically only listen to MBMBAM at this point, and like a dozen episodes behind, but I feel like lately it's been pretty good, and I think a lot of that is Travis keeping the energy and bits up, actually

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Alaois posted:

I stopped in the middle of Crystal Kingdom, i think the specific episode that made me drop it was when Griffin just straight lifted the Mettaton quiz show from Undertale

Him lifting poo poo from the thing he currently enjoys consuming was something he was open about since the part where they had a big car race because he saw and liked fury road. Anyway I'm of the opinion that TAZ peaked with the train arc because it was very silly and funny and after that it started getting more serious and I just don't think it was very good at being serious.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Him lifting poo poo from the thing he currently enjoys consuming was something he was open about since the part where they had a big car race because he saw and liked fury road. Anyway I'm of the opinion that TAZ peaked with the train arc because it was very silly and funny and after that it started getting more serious and I just don't think it was very good at being serious.

the car race was also bad but it wasn't bad enough to get me to quit outright.

really, taz peaked incredibly early with the Rockport Limited and it was nothing but a downswing from there except for the part where justin was the only one who didn't go into the miniature city and started talking mad poo poo about the others since he was alone

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the only point where that specifically annoyed me was the suffering game where it was very clear griffin had played some zero escape but hadn't precisely internalised what made that compelling

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
TAZ probably peaked for comedy at the train, for balance in the 11th Hour, and I guess the Balance finale for drama but being the ending to a long series is basically cheating for me.

Besides that, it's never dropped below "pretty good," and Ethersea and Steeplechase were both great. I look forward to Clint DMing the next game because it means we can have a Justin PC and a Griffin PC without Travis DMing.

I also still enjoy MBMBAM and Victory McElroyale has been a nice chill stream since they started Mario, but I'm behind on Donkey Kong and having stumbled back into their Polygon Gameplay Overviews I think I'd rather have more of that.

But there's not really much I feel like posting about.

That 3Tenanny. Whoo boy. That was still fun the second time, kind of surprised Griffin being able to produce a flash of light to get a 4 dice roll to explode a robot's brain with the entire life's work of Tim Mcgraw all at once never came up a second time. Definitely looking forward to 4Tenanny, I would have bought a ticket but I am not paying $20 for a Virtual Live Show.

Edit: I forgot about the first couple episodes of Amnesty.
Those were bad, besides Duck.
Honestly Duck kind of carried Amnesty while Fitzroy and Firbolg carried Graduation, but never as much as those first couple episodes of Amnesty.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 18, 2023

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I would have stopped listening after the Suffering Game but Griffin kept saying there were only a couple episodes left to the finale so I stuck it out for what ended up being months.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Imagine if you missed when they hosed the squid

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I only listen to The Besties and was tickled when Justin recently said some grumpy stuff about Metal Gear Solid 3 and it made some reddit people mad

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

rollick posted:

I would have stopped listening after the Suffering Game but Griffin kept saying there were only a couple episodes left to the finale so I stuck it out for what ended up being months.

Iirc most of that was a function of one or more of them having kids at the time and/or moving. If they had kept their normal pace through it all I bet people would look back on it less harshly.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Sivart13 posted:

I only listen to The Besties and was tickled when Justin recently said some grumpy stuff about Metal Gear Solid 3 and it made some reddit people mad

Not going to read Reddit to find out what he said about it but based on context and his general video game opinions I’m assuming he was extremely wrong

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sivart13 posted:

Did he try not just blurting out his dumb assed opinions?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Justin consistently has the absolute worst takes on the besties

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sivart13 posted:

Justin sucks poo poo at video games, color me surprised

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Colonel Whitey posted:

Not going to read Reddit to find out what he said about it but based on context and his general video game opinions I’m assuming he was extremely wrong
The Besties has inexplicably been doing a long-term revisiting of the MGS franchise, possibly starting with the NES ones, and just got to MGS3.

Justin's opinion is that it doesn't hold up as a good game to play in 2023 because there's annoying stuff with the menus and status effects and eating and whatnot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Griffin had similar opinions but Justin was louder

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sivart13 posted:

The Besties has inexplicably been doing a long-term revisiting of the MGS franchise, possibly starting with the NES ones, and just got to MGS3.

Justin's opinion is that it doesn't hold up as a good game to play in 2023 because there's annoying stuff with the menus and status effects and eating and whatnot.

If I'm not mistaken didn't they also say four was better?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Sivart13 posted:

I mean honestly a lot of systems in games of that era that have annoying stuff in them that make me not want to play them.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I don't listen to it often, but the lowkey best part of Besties is how hostile Justin is to most games. The man has officially become a 'Grump' and it's borderline admirable how little shits he gives about meeting anything halfway.

I tune in for the rare releases I've personally played, and love how almost without fail his review is "fun, but this one thing didn't work for me" followed by the other hosts pointing out how he could have pressed 'O' and avoided that inconvenience and him shrugging it off. It's great.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The starfield review was amazing because they actually had the bravery to say it sucked before the major reviewers put out their reviews

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Warbird posted:

Iirc most of that was a function of one or more of them having kids at the time and/or moving. If they had kept their normal pace through it all I bet people would look back on it less harshly.

I didn't like it cuz it took a pair of chars who seemed like a fun Jessie and James from Pokemon set up and turned it into what felt like a snuff film. Just I don't like purposefully mean things :shrug:

I haven't really kept up with any of the post Balance TAZs. I was Amnesty for a while but kind of got tired and Graduation never really seemed to play with the premise I thought it was going for (fantasy school + wrestlng). I'm glad they're still doing good, I just haven't really checked back in like a year on their stuff.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 20, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Death Blart merch is up in their store.

The goddamn shadow man and the peacock.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Juice and Griffin claim Play Along At Home is Travis' worst game as if he didn't have one where he just reads Dave Matthews lyrics

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

It's a good bit because there's so many segments where I can't take part

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sivart13 posted:

ha turns out he also made some SA people mad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh Blartin is absolutely back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Happy Blartsgiving