Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

if either apple or google were serious about secure messaging they would make their messaging clients work with the matrix protocol just like mail.app works with SMTP, IMAP, and POP but unfortunately they have become companies full of westoid bozos

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
I don’t know a single person who uses iMessage. Is that a big deal in the states or something?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

iMessage for family, Facebook messenger for friends and coworkers is how it works here now.

i miss the 90s when we were all on irc

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I don’t know a single person who uses iMessage. Is that a big deal in the states or something?

while I was still in the uk from 2009-ish ondwards I didn't know a single brit that used anything else. same in the 8 years I lived in the US. no American I knew used anything else domestically. sometimes people, including me, used it to talk to europeans, even when they were iHavers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i use imessage because it's already on the phone and i'm not signing up for yet another 3rd party service to send text messages

conveniently, this also is the case for anyone i need to send or receive text messages from, so it just works

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

like seriously at least food by itself has meaning as a alarm but good?? oh yeah please remind me “good” at nine thirty

We’re excited to announce Apple Music has teamed up with Better than Ezra.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

it is still amazing to me that a big chunk of the world uses a weird, now-facebook-owned, scammy-sounding app named "whatsapp"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

at least they are all enjoying full e2e encryption, where apple is doubling down on as many lovely companies as possible being in the delivery chain

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

r u ready to WALK posted:

iMessage for family, Facebook messenger for friends and coworkers is how it works here now.

Your whole family and all of your friends and coworkers were on irc?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

3gpp was so bad at this that google had to create basic chat features over a decade after RCS was first created
3gpp? more like 3g doodoo!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

this is the future tim wants :

I go set an alarm in the morning to remember to get my lunch out the fridge

start to type out “food” but accidentally type goo before I realise I’ve mistyped. so I deleted and type in “food”, and tim chose to change it to “good”

gently caress

I am furious

it’s a single word with no context and yet APPLE thinks it KNOWS what I REALLY MEANT?????????

someone might get sad

this poo poo is absolutely infuriating

my iphone does this far, far more often than my ipad but i haven't been able to figure out how to turn it off. i have automatic spelling correction turned off, of course

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

armpit_enjoyer posted:

somebody post echi's confused foreigner av i'm too lazy

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

armpit_enjoyer posted:

you don't know anyone who uses the default message app on an apple phone?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Jonny 290 posted:

somebody post echi's confused foreigner av i'm too lazy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol if you don’t message some people thru instagram, some snapchat, some facebook messenger, some imessage, one dude thru signal, a couple on discord, and even .. irl 🤯💦

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echinopsis posted:

lol if you don’t message some people thru instagram, some snapchat, some facebook messenger, some imessage, one dude thru signal, a couple on discord, and even .. irl 🤯💦

i just don't message anyone. the gently caress you have to say to all those people?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
as a millennial it’s usually just the 😂 emoji

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what’s good beefcake 😂😂 is something you can use to bond with friends, and it’s absolutely free

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

lmao https://9to5google.com/2023/11/18/nothing-chats-sunbird-unencrypted-data-privacy-nightmare/

anroid security in a nutshell

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

whatsapp = its crap

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lmfao

green bubble derangement syndrome leading to even worse outcomes than expected

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
on some level crapple needs to open imessage so that even anroid lol drug dealers and assassins are safe

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

echinopsis posted:

on some level crapple needs to open imessage so that even anroid lol drug dealers and assassins are safe

recent film The Killer shows us the way real men deal with this - by smashing their phone after every interaction. Something we could all learn from imo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I can’t believe it

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

quote:

In our Dylan Roussel’s research, we found that once a user authenticates with the JSON Web Tokens (JWT) that are insecure in transit, they can access Nothing Chat’s Firebase database and see messages and files from other users sent in real-time and in plain text. He particularly calls out that vCards are accessible, as these directly include user names, phone numbers, email addresses, and sometimes even more personal data.

:popclap:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

I can’t believe it

you’d better believe it

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

lmfao

green bubble derangement syndrome leading to even worse outcomes than expected

this is really what its about lol :stare:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nothing can stop that

it’s the fifth fundamental force of the universe

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

lol.

is Beeper any better about this?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nobody worth talking to was ever on irc. they were all on aol instant messenger.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the phone is called nothing, but it exposes everything.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ynohtna posted:

quote:

In our Dylan Roussel’s research, we found that once a user authenticates with the JSON Web Tokens (JWT) that are insecure in transit, they can access Nothing Chat’s Firebase database and see messages and files from other users sent in real-time and in plain text. He particularly calls out that vCards are accessible, as these directly include user names, phone numbers, email addresses, and sometimes even more personal data.
:popclap:

amateur hour lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Juul-Whip posted:

this is really what its about lol :stare:

they think an app can stop me??

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

im a loser and was watching an old apple keynote and this dude showed up

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Last Chance posted:

he’s called altman because he has an alternate polo under his polo

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

for emergencies

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Last Chance posted:

How the gently caress. He hasn’t aged a single day

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol I kept trying to figure out who had the multiple collar shirts on during one of those keynotes, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

akadajet posted:

nobody worth talking to was ever on irc. they were all on aol instant messenger.

icq imo