Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Surely that's a photo copyright nightmare to produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Many of them would fall under fair use. Or, in the case of the MPs, hideous use.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Found it. It was Krishnan.
I think originally it was James Naughtie, on the radio? I recall him saying it at the start of a ‘coming up today’ announcement and then going through the rest of it sounding like he was struggling not to burst into tears.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It's happened several times. I think one news reader has done it more than once.

Edit: someone has helpfully created a compilation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYwBHooA_M

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
> 12000 people in Gaza slaughtered indiscriminately, a third of them children, and what does TV news lead with last night? the funeral of an israeli soldier killed in Gaza (possibly by Israeli ordnance)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

The Internet Policeman has logged on

He is the chat thread IK fair warning

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

feedmegin posted:

get a load of bertie smalls here

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

feedmegin posted:

snitch

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

BBC news constantly looping footage of the IDF's Al-Shifa "evidence" is doing my loving nut in. They interviewed a doctor who'd worked there for many years without seeing any sign of Hamas militia operations, and while he's talking about the premature babies dying, they're playing the cgi rendering of the underground S.P.E.C.T.R.E. base. About as loving "balanced" as me after half a litre of Jamesons

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
BBC News is naked state propoganda and should be shunned and mocked constantly.

Also don't pay your license.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
cunts

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

keep punching joe posted:

BBC News is naked state propoganda and should be shunned and mocked constantly.

Also don't pay your license.

They arnt very good at it. They had to apologise the other day for reporting a Reuters story quoting the IDF

quote:

BBC News Channel

Wednesday 15 November 2023

As BBC News covered initial reports that Israeli forces had entered Gaza’s main hospital, we said that “medical teams and Arab speakers” were being targeted. This was incorrect and misquoted a Reuters report. We should have said IDF forces included medical teams and Arabic speakers for this operation. We apologise for this error, which fell below our usual editorial standards. The correct version of events was broadcast minutes later and we apologised for the mistake on air later in the morning.

15/11/2023

Most of online pro-Israel communities think the entire corporation is full of Hamas sympathisers.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 18, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s the coughing fit after which is very funny

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

feedmegin posted:

dear god who let that happen

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Angepain posted:

dear god who let that happen

well clearly not a merciful god

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Still don't know what IK means.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Idiot King

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

happyhippy posted:

Still don't know what IK means.

International Karate

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Idiot King

Bit rude, not everyone knows all the lingo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Idiot King comes from I believe FYAD where their mods are idiot kings who have no access to the full mod forums but otherwise have the same powers.

It's been modified over time to be any non-full-moderator in any forum, and apparently can even see reports now?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Idiot King comes from I believe FYAD where their mods are idiot kings who have no access to the full mod forums but otherwise have the same powers.

It's been modified over time to be any non-full-moderator in any forum, and apparently can even see reports now?

I probably should have put (/s) on my previous post, but I didn’t know where IK came from, so thanks!

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Tesseraction posted:

IKs can't see reports.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Solefald posted:

IKs can't see reports.

Oh right, just one of the mods said that historically IKs can't see reports but that there's a "fix" for that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dabir posted:

How do you think I felt when I went to the Birmingham art gallery with some visiting friends and there was one of his works displayed at giga size in the first room we walked into

I was walking down High Street in Inverness a few years ago, turned on to Church Street and this tiny art gallery had an exhibition of the work of Chris (Simpsons artist). That was loving rad but also surprising

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I had one of the gifs I made for "Who tripped El Hadji Diouf" exhibited in the Museum of the Moving Image in New York on and off for years.

That was a bit surreal. I never got to see it in person sadly but a mate of mine did.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Worth mentioning also that an IK only really has mod powers for that one thread.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

WhatEvil posted:

I had one of the gifs I made for "Who tripped El Hadji Diouf" exhibited in the Museum of the Moving Image in New York on and off for years.

That was a bit surreal. I never got to see it in person sadly but a mate of mine did.

I think I saw that in person. Amazing

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
This thread, is coming like a ghost thread....
Have you all been probed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

No Post November

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I was just getting worried about some thread regulars who haven't posted in a while actually but yeah they've both been probed

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
For once, I'm not probed for the weekend. Maybe I've just learned to keep my extremely low-effort brand of posting itt where it doesn't stir up the locals too much

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
There's a bit in World War Z book* where a japanese internet nerd didn't even know there was a zombie invasion until he noticed his friend list had no on online and no one was posting.

So maybe it finally happened.

I welcome our new zombie culture, better than the current one.

*gently caress the film, its poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo, loving don't watch it, absolute dog poo poo.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

happyhippy posted:

There's a bit in World War Z book* where a japanese internet nerd didn't even know there was a zombie invasion until he noticed his friend list had no on online and no one was posting.

*gently caress the film, its poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo, loving don't watch it, absolute dog poo poo.

That reminds me too much of Project Violet when Network Rail decimated the workforce (2003* IIRC) and the first you would know about it was your contacts gradually disappearing off the internal contacts list, often before the person themselves had been informed. *I wrote 2005 initially but just checked.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

happyhippy posted:

Imagine taking a book written as a set of interviews with different people around the world, dealing with the zombie times in very different circumstances, and then instead of making it into an anthology series on TV/streaming, you just abandon all that and make a Brad Pitt movie.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Imagine taking a book written as a set of interviews with different people around the world, dealing with the zombie times in very different circumstances, and then instead of making it into an anthology series on TV/streaming, you just abandon all that and make a Brad Pitt movie.

Even worse, instead of going '...but humanity prevailed and we adapted and we overcome the zombies in differing ways, and even though still to this day they exist we have a new way of living etc' they went 'LOL SICK PEOPLE ARE IMMUNE!'
It took Hunk McBeefLarge to figure this out days later, and not within hours of the outbreak as every hospital in the world would have the sick and dying just walking around alive.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

We actually had a real zombie plague of bad TV shows, video games and movies about zombies, which has now subsided. Makes u think

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

We actually had a real zombie plague of bad TV shows, video games and movies about zombies, which has now subsided. Makes u think

Two of these haven't even come out yet

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

happyhippy posted:

Did they go to Cardiff at all in the book?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

U can't make me think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Two of these haven't even come out yet

and that’s a single franchise

i watched twd for a little while. my so and i call it Argument Farm because it seemed like that was a whole season and i gave up on it