Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CheetoVonTito posted:

Could this be something?!

Tbh they are probably there just to prevent Jordanians from crossing -over the border and expanding the borders of the fight- NO
Jordan will not attack Israel
https://x.com/middleeasteye/status/1725891622427341008?s=46

if the israeli and jordanian armies were to fight i fully expect that both would find a way to somehow drive a couple of armored divisions straight into the jordan river or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

if the israeli and jordanian armies were to fight i fully expect that both would find a way to somehow drive a couple of armored divisions straight into the jordan river or something

the new soccer truce but for the worst reasons

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/status/1725695417202123043?t=_Xjp3Fnr0RT4OdP7Fsgylg&s=19

https://twitter.com/akela_lacy/status/1725702072316608737?t=K_jo32iumtr2xe0HKhxfTg&s=19

Pomeroy has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Nov 18, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Turkish foreign minister had an interview with aljazeera, whether any of what he's saying are action plans who knows, but it looks more like turkey is slow-crawling to an escalation, probably not though:-

========

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6047098

The Israelis are bombing hospitals and schools and displacing people, and their goal is for there to be no life left in Gaza.
Hamas is a liberation movement, and when the occupation ends, it will be organized like other Palestinian organizations.
We do not agree with Washington in its absolute support for Israel and its rejection of a permanent ceasefire.
If American support for Israel continues while the killing and bombing continues, this will create a global crisis.
We refuse to talk about the post-war situation in Gaza before the ceasefire.
There was an atmosphere of normalization in the region before the war and it cannot continue.
A seven-party committee representing the Islamic Summit was formed to visit international capitals and explain the summit’s decisions.
Now we are using diplomatic means to break the siege, and there are other means if these means do not work.
Qatar has moved in a distinguished manner since the beginning of the crisis and has communicated with all parties to find a way out of the crisis.
We discussed severing ties with Israel, but we aim to make collective decisions and there is no limit to our action.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Obviously the US state sees this as a social media platform failing at its job.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Spoondick posted:

hamas can be anywhere if you look hard enough

Theres a post like this every week from my county sheriff lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

six israeli officers and soldiers killed today

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1725918306559811644?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
dti

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
When it comes to cease fire talk, I don’t understand what Hamas would accept right now that Israel would be willing to offer.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel had to take a giant 6 billion dollar loan with insane interest rates to keep itself financially solvent to fight this war

=========================================

Financial Times: Israel borrowed $6 billion to finance its war on Gaza

(the text in the picture talks about the high interest rates israel had to agree to to get the loan)

I have an illegal settlement and I need cash now! Call U S Congress! 877-CASH-NOW!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

they’re 100% preparing to throw Netanyahu, Ben-Gvir, and probably a half dozen other genocidaires under the bus. “israel is good, but these bad apples were responsible for the regrettable massacres in Gaza (which mostly didn’t happen and which were actually Hamas anyways). now that they are gone, the new Israeli government will be much kinder and gentler and won’t let such things happen again, so it’s safe to like Israel again.”

I wouldn’t even bet against it working except that the average Israeli is such a bloodthirsty cannibal that they won’t be able to maintain the charade for long.

Given the speedrunning of focault's boomerang we're getting I wouldn't be surprised to see the IDF turning their tactics on their own people within a year

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Israel has said this will go on indefinitely. They are not going back, like we said essentially right
after October 7th the Israeli government cannot have hostile people on the border of their settlements. Because the air of protection is over. They have to essentially do a full displacement or there will be maybe one out of every 10 settlers from Europe/america coming in. These people now know that the government cannot protect them, and is ineffective in doing so. Sure it can blow people up but settlers probably don't want bombs going off two feet away from their house and would have rather enjoyed a electric fence, but that's all gone now. The fence was defeated the complex security information weapons that Israel was using like automatic machine guns controlled by computers was defeated. There's nothing left for them other than full fascist genocide. They cannot stop now. Because if they do stop, I think that they are completely aware that the powers that be may accelerate a two-state/ one state solution.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Today's solidarity march in Dublin.
https://twitter.com/andrewflood/status/1725905830426321102#m
7th Saturday in a row, and the marches are not getting smaller.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Has there been any update on those banana rolls from earlier in the thread?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

*Guy with a calculator printing paper and an old timey green visor furiously typing, sweat running down his face* "I ran the numbers over and over and the teens are just pro-Palestine!"

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

they’re 100% preparing to throw Netanyahu, Ben-Gvir, and probably a half dozen other genocidaires under the bus. “israel is good, but these bad apples were responsible for the regrettable massacres in Gaza (which mostly didn’t happen and which were actually Hamas anyways). now that they are gone, the new Israeli government will be much kinder and gentler and won’t let such things happen again, so it’s safe to like Israel again.”

I wouldn’t even bet against it working except that the average Israeli is such a bloodthirsty cannibal that they won’t be able to maintain the charade for long.

Every single gov member including the opposition are genocidal freaks

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Pookah posted:

Today's solidarity march in Dublin.
https://twitter.com/andrewflood/status/1725905830426321102#m
7th Saturday in a row, and the marches are not getting smaller.

We'll see what the news says about it.

There was a similar protest Wednesday with 1000s outside parliament to show support for the sanctions vote. The vote failed and the protest got all 2 seconds of footage on the state news broadcaster.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel had to take a giant 6 billion dollar loan with insane interest rates to keep itself financially solvent to fight this war

=========================================

Financial Times: Israel borrowed $6 billion to finance its war on Gaza

(the text in the picture talks about the high interest rates israel had to agree to to get the loan)

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1725880286234448334?s=20

The US will pay that off for them.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Marenghi posted:

We'll see what the news says about it.

There was a similar protest Wednesday with 1000s outside parliament to show support for the sanctions vote. The vote failed and the protest got all 2 seconds of footage on the state news broadcaster.

I know, RTE is a a pile of "both sides" shite on every topic*.

*government statements excluded obv., they are gospel.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Spain has decided to recognize the state of Palestine

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1725884237612503506?s=20

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

Absolutely surreal that the grandaddy of the western colonial world order is better about this than the rest of europe. Cortes and Pizzaro are rolling in their grave (good).

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
https://x.com/manniefabian/status/1725919704823234914?s=46

A major
A captain
A master sergeant
And 3 staff sergeants

Where the hell are their basic grunts? We already know they promote everyone and their grandma, but if these are your top people why are you sending them out be sacrificed?

Also what in the hell? Jamal Abbass? Is he a muzzie playing for the other team?

CheetoVonTito has issued a correction as of 18:29 on Nov 18, 2023

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
if all of the non-genocidal parties in the Knesset merged together into one party it would have 10 of the 120 seats - four from the Communist Party, five from the two different 'Israeli Arab' parties, and one anti-Zionist independent

they collectively got about 8% of the vote in 2022

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

CheetoVonTito posted:

service absolutely does not guarantee citizenship

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CheetoVonTito posted:

isnt that a slur lol

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Al-Saqr posted:

Germany has holocaust guilt, Spain has reconquista guilt. Israel is doing a holocaust and Hamas is doing a reconquista. What a world

Brucolac
Jun 14, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

if all of the non-genocidal parties in the Knesset merged together into one party it would have 10 of the 120 seats - four from the Communist Party, five from the two different 'Israeli Arab' parties, and one anti-Zionist independent

Says a lot about the inclinations of the average Israeli citizen

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

CheetoVonTito posted:

https://x.com/manniefabian/status/1725919704823234914?s=46

A major
A captain
A master sergeant
And 3 staff sergeants

Where the hell are their basic grunts? We already know they promote everyone and their grandma, but if these are your top people why are you sending them out be sacrificed?

First, there are Arab citizens of Israel so yes, and don't call people "muzzies" dude

Second, any man in the military is guaranteed to reach Staff Sergeant by the end of their mandatory service (2 years and 8 months). Like you said, the IDF has insane rank inflation, don't expect to see any privates on the casualty list.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana posted:

First, there are Arab citizens of Israel so yes, and don't call people "muzzies" dude

Second, any man in the military is guaranteed to reach Staff Sergeant by the end of their mandatory service (2 years and I months). Like you said, the IDF has insane rank inflation, don't expect to see any privates on the casualty list.

I apologize, not being derogatory here. I am Muslim. I refer to myself as a muzzie.
Didn’t mean to be disrespectful

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CheetoVonTito posted:

There are Israeli Arabs who have no attachment to the idea of Palestine and Druze (who use arab muslim/christian names) who are integrated into Israel.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CheetoVonTito posted:

I apologize, not being derogatory here. I am Muslim. I refer to myself as a muzzie.
Didn’t mean to be disrespectful

Is this like a British Muslim thing?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There are Israeli Arabs who have no attachment to the idea of Palestine and Druze (who use arab muslim/christian names) who are integrated into Israel.

Also Bedouin.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
You should refer to them Mohammedians imo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

must be or australian or something, havent heard it myself in the US as a seasonal muslim

ghost of kissinger
Oct 31, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

the British are racist, yeah

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Sancho Banana posted:

speaking over actual muslims ftw

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I have nothing but respect for musselmen

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
m-word privileges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I guess it’s only an Australian thing then. We call the “haram police” the popo for the momo.
Or McDonald’s here is called Maccas. And we have signs during our protests saying “no muzzies for maccas”
I’ve never heard muzzie being disrespectful or used as a slur.
Again. I apologize