Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CheetoVonTito posted:

I guess it’s only an Australian thing then. We call the “haram police” the popo for the momo.
Or McDonald’s here is called Maccas. And we have signs during our protests saying “no muzzies for maccas”
I’ve never heard muzzie being disrespectful or used as a slur.
Again. I apologize

lol called it, australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
oops i biorgered

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CheetoVonTito posted:

I guess it’s only an Australian thing then. We call the “haram police” the popo for the momo.
Or McDonald’s here is called Maccas. And we have signs during our protests saying “no muzzies for maccas”
I’ve never heard muzzie being disrespectful or used as a slur.
Again. I apologize

Something Awful likes to take all word usage from Australians.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Israel thinks they can muscle a muzzle onto the musselmen of Gaza. We must call it what it is:mass murder

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
huh, that's interesting. I've only ever heard it used by nazis online, never knew some communities adopted it irl.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Nov 18, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sancho Banana posted:

Second, any man in the military is guaranteed to reach Staff Sergeant by the end of their mandatory service (2 years and 8 months). Like you said, the IDF has insane rank inflation, don't expect to see any privates on the casualty list.

does this mean that a member of the idf could pull rank on a lower level american soldier

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Just go ahead and search for "muzzie" on twitter and let me know if it's a slur.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
the Musselmen are locked in an endless war of liberation against the Calamarists

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Massive Scottish national demo in the pouring rain in Glasgow today, huge pyros, bus stop and scaffolding climbing flag guys, drummers and all the trade union and communist parties repping. A few missteps in the speeches from more liberal people with mentions of Ukrainian freedom but, at this point I don't care

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont know if this is true but apparently the 95 year old Irgun nazi murderer died

https://x.com/yatasuregima/status/1725534465920053516?s=20

he lived a longer life than israel will

Rest in piss bozo

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Cookie Cutter posted:

Massive Scottish national demo in the pouring rain in Glasgow today, huge pyros, bus stop and scaffolding climbing flag guys, drummers and all the trade union and communist parties repping. A few missteps in the speeches from more liberal people with mentions of Ukrainian freedom but, at this point I don't care

I had to skip this one so I'm glad to hear how it went from someone else, and to hear that it went well

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

CheetoVonTito posted:

https://x.com/manniefabian/status/1725919704823234914?s=46

A major
A captain
A master sergeant
And 3 staff sergeants

Where the hell are their basic grunts? We already know they promote everyone and their grandma, but if these are your top people why are you sending them out be sacrificed?

Also what in the hell? Jamal Abbass? Is he a muzzie playing for the other team?

are they seriously losing at least one company commander a DAY? their real casualties must be insane

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

tatankatonk posted:

are they seriously losing at least one company commander a DAY? their real casualties must be insane

based on how the other ranks are I wouldn't be surprised to hear that captains are squad/section leaders at most

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

CheetoVonTito posted:

https://x.com/manniefabian/status/1725919704823234914?s=46

A major
A captain
A master sergeant
And 3 staff sergeants

Where the hell are their basic grunts? We already know they promote everyone and their grandma, but if these are your top people why are you sending them out be sacrificed?

Also what in the hell? Jamal Abbass? Is he a muzzie playing for the other team?

Maybe those are casualties they don’t want to mention.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

zetamind2000 posted:

does this mean that a member of the idf could pull rank on a lower level american soldier

Yes lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al-Saqr posted:

Please dont expect anything from any current arab leader to do anything but suck israels dick and help in the genocide of the palestinians and the genocide of their own citizens. they are not human biengs they are dogs and lackeys.

Dogs are cool though my dog wouldn't genocide anyone

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

zetamind2000 posted:

does it work like that? i know sometimes soldiers have refused orders from superior officers from allied forces without consequence

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Comrade Koba has issued a correction as of 06:02 on Nov 20, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Breaking: Jeffrey says it's "not just CSPAM," most forum members agree Netanyahu is "Hitler 2"

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

https://x.com/vali_nasr/status/1725910079407374836?s=46

Why make it a pit stop in China? Could this have something to do with US/China becoming chummy towards each other?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

green beret team member sgt with four years time in service deferentially standing at parade rest being dressed down by an idf staff sgt who is at the end of their two year summer camp conscription

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VoicesCanBe posted:

CNN now stating IDF "might have" (aka 100% did) alter the hospital scene before allowing press access

lol firesale McMansions are less staged than those hospital pictures

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

if I were a fully legal arab muslim citizen of israel I would still be extremely worried about one day hearing a knock at my door and finding settler jacob standing there with a suitcase

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

until the Americans learned to not follow protocol with Israeli ranks, yes. which I think would take about a week of actual working together tops.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

CheetoVonTito posted:

https://x.com/vali_nasr/status/1725910079407374836?s=46

Why make it a pit stop in China? Could this have something to do with US/China becoming chummy towards each other?

again.

ARAB DICTATORS ARE PIGLETS. THEY DONT CARE.

PLEASE DONT EXPECT ANYTHING OUT OF THOSE loving ANIMALS.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

kecske posted:

does it work like that? i know sometimes soldiers have refused orders from superior officers from allied forces without consequence

Promote one of your soldiers to Field Marshal and have him order the enemy Privates to retreat

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

protocols of the staff sergeants of zion

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

External Organs posted:

Breaking: Jeffrey says it's "not just CSPAM," most forum members agree Netanyahu is "Hitler 2"

4 out of 5 posters agree: Netanyahu is Hitler 2

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Israel making the classic mistake of burning promotions as soon as they get them instead of saving them for crucial mid-battle heals

just amateur hour

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Another Turkish military analyst, this time they brought in someone who stuck to the topic and isnt gonna go on a wierd tangent against the Kurds:-

================================================================

"Military analysis by analysts of the Turkish channel A Haber under the title"
As we approach the month of the start of the Israeli ground operation on Gaza, and as we reach 43 days of continuous bombardment day and night on Gaza without stopping,
What are the military successes achieved by Israel?

_ What the Netanyahu government is currently doing in Gaza...is similar to what Hitler did during his war on Russia
He focused on psychological warfare more than on military warfare, and one of the reasons for his loss of the war with the Russians was his inability to defeat the Russians psychologically.
_ No military analyst can describe what Israel is doing in Gaza as achieving military goals
What Israel is currently doing is achieving political goals.
_The simplest example of this
_ Controlling Al-Shifa Hospital
_ Controlling the marina
_Control of the House of Parliament
_ When they entered Al-Shifa Hospital, how many people from the Al-Qassam Brigades were killed...the result was zero
In order for the Israeli army to enter Al-Shifa Hospital, they allocated 100 soldiers and dozens of tanks to it
How long did it take them to surround the hospital and enter it?
A whole week

In a decisive war like this, they take a significant force and besiege a hospital for a week, and then the military result for this goal will be zero.
"It is impossible to describe this as a military success."

“As for the psychological outcome, which the Netanyahu government is playing on

It is a depiction that Al-Shifa Hospital is Hamas's headquarters, and entering it means destroying Hamas, finding tunnels there, and liberating the detainees
The result of this foolishness was the opposite
Israel has fallen under the pressure of international public opinion
The Israeli army was then forced to fabricate scenes
In order to convince the public opinion that is pressuring Netanyahu that they found weapons, and do not rule out that they will come out tomorrow and say that we found tunnels.
The goal is psychological, in terms of proving the truth of the Israeli story that Hamas uses hospitals as hideouts and to justify Israel’s crimes, especially the crime of the Baptist Hospital.
On the other hand, civilians were besieged there, the hospital was evacuated, and the thousands who were taking shelter there were expelled to the south.
- If we want to make a real assessment of Israel’s military operation in 43 days, we have to look at three things:

1 - After 43 days of hysterical bombing, imagine with me the number: Israel dropped the equivalent of two nuclear bombs on Gaza.
The question here is...
How many members of the Qassam Brigades did Israel kill?
_ How many weapons stores did Israel find in its ground incursion..?

_ How many tunnel openings was Israel able to find in 43 days, knowing that there are approximately 1,500 tunnel openings in Gaza..?

“In fact, the result is almost non-existent, even some of the tunnels that Israel said it found
They are tunnels called in the military sense “rabbit tunnels,” meaning a tunnel without an exit. They are camouflage tunnels and not the real tunnels.

2- Despite the Israeli incursions into all areas of Gaza
Although the number of Israeli forces attacking northern Gaza reached 40,000
Despite their incursion with 1,000 tanks, armored vehicles, and air support
The question is here
How many fixed military bases was it able to establish in the places it penetrated?

There are no fixed rules yet for the Israeli army

_ The Israeli army only uses rapid advance tactics without establishing a permanent force
With this tactic, yes, he can control civilians, but it is impossible for him to break the power of Hamas

_Imagine Israel entering northern Gaza with 1,000 tanks and armored vehicles
In 28 days, we lost 180 tanks and armored vehicles
Its casualties include approximately one thousand soldiers, excluding the wounded

“If we calculate that the number of wounded is the same as the number of deaths, even though the number is greater
This means that the number of what the Qassam Brigades neutralized in a month is equal to 2,000 Israeli soldiers, killed and wounded.

This means that the number of Israeli soldiers in Gaza has become 38,000 instead of 40,000

This is a very large number that Israel did not lose in its war with the Arab armies combined

_ Notice that Hamas is still conducting battles at night, and Israel is still using a defensive position at night

Despite this, the most fierce battles at night are not documented, and everything we are currently seeing and published by Al-Qassam is from the battles during the day.

The Qassam Brigades do not let the Israeli soldiers sleep, as they attack them day and night
They noted that most of the Israeli army deaths were in the residential cities into which the army entered, Beit Hanoun and Beit Lahia

This is one of the most important reasons for the Israeli army to change its military plans and go to achieve victory for political, not military, goals

As we mentioned previously, it controls Al-Shifa Hospital and Parliament
And others
Its aim was to relieve pressure on Netanyahu's government at home
And sending a message to the people: Look, we told you that we would need a year, and here we are victorious in less than a month in Gaza.

The truth is that from a military perspective...the Israeli army will suffer very much and will pay the price just as Hitler paid the price before the Russians.
When he built his war against them on wrong psychological calculations.

https://twitter.com/Mehmetcanbekli1/status/1725917386111345059?s=20

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

getting screamed at by a master sergeant except it's a pimply 19 year old who's been in the military for three months and you still have to just sit there and take it lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mister Bates posted:

getting screamed at by a master sergeant except it's a pimply 19 year old who's been in the military for three months and you still have to just sit there and take it lmao

it’s what they deserve

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
credit to permabanned poster mormonpartyboat

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

I have nothing but respect for musselmen

isn’t this just the word for “muslim” in some languages? My Bengali inlaws definitely say mussalman.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

he wasn’t permabanned

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

but he should be

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Bouillon Rube posted:

isn’t this just the word for “muslim” in some languages? My Bengali inlaws definitely say mussalman.

It's what ben Franklin would have said, if that helps

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Mister Bates posted:

How I expect a real conversation to go:

Sorry pimply 19 yr old

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

ARAB DICTATORS ARE PIGLETS. THEY DONT CARE.

PLEASE DONT EXPECT ANYTHING OUT OF THOSE loving ANIMALS.

I'm getting hung up on this.

1. Israel is merrily blowing up school, hostpitals, houses, and random civilians as *the entire world* looks on. (DTI)

2. Genocide Joe has no interest in actually stopping them, and seems set on doing the bare minimum to... I don't even know... placate his staffers? He certainly doesn't seem to care about public opinion.

3. The neighboring Arab nations nominally sympathetic to Palestine(Turkey, Iran, Lebanon) do not have the economic, military, or political strength to engage Israel while it's backed by the US and their carriers.

4. Every day the ongoing genocide gets more depraved, horrible, and nightmarish

5. "Pressure continues to build" on European and American politicians to do something and yet... what exactly is the threat? They seem to think that no matter how mad people get over foreign policy, at the end of the day domestic issues are what's going to matter at the ballot.

So. Where does that leave things? The two powers capable of stopping Israel, namely the US or neighboring Arab states, for two seperate but intractable reasons are completely unwilling to do so.

I agree that Israel's actions seem completely unsustainable,but I'm struggling to imagine a scenario which causes it to end. Getting rid of the Netanyahu gov't, which seems to be where the US is pivoting, hardly seems likely to change anything on the ground.