Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Seams posted:

She forgot to be a bleached-blonde buxom white woman with Kevin Dunn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

At this point I'm convinced she was signed less because they had any actual plans for her, and more because they wanted to take a big signing away from AEW

That is probably at least 70% of the reason they signed her

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

At this point I'm convinced she was signed less because they had any actual plans for her, and more because they wanted to take a big signing away from AEW

Honestly I'd say that's a factor, same as how Beepie is to prove to younger wrestlers that NXT will be better for their careers than AEW.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Looks like they got worked into a Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot situation by Tony Kahnenegger.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

no harm done. they probably think they disrupted some big plan for her in AEW when tony had no idea what to do with her lol

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

JUNGLE BOY posted:

no harm done. they probably think they disrupted some big plan for her in AEW when tony had no idea what to do with her lol

She could have been booked to pull a Samoa Joe and go after the Women's title, but TK likes to book conservatively when it comes to long term story lines

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Okuteru posted:

She could have been booked to pull a Samoa Joe and go after the Women's title, but TK likes to book conservatively when it comes to long term story lines

That she's in WWE right now proves that Tony was correct not to have her beat any big stars in the division.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

which “big stars” are those lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

which “big stars” are those lol

Shida, Riho, Britt, Kris, Jamie, Toni. The biggest name she beat in the division is Rosa via interference.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

big star

quote:

Riho

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yah agree Riho is a huge star

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Did Mickey Rourke poo poo in your mouth while you were asleep or something?

No, he shits on my eyes every time I have to look at him.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pylons posted:

That she's in WWE right now proves that Tony was correct not to have her beat any big stars in the division.

Her Cagematch record is her winning against a murderers row of AEW Dark regulars and actually talented indie stars, it's a weird list.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Wasn't Riho getting huge demo numbers for women when she was champion the first time? Now she only shows up with a weird looking pipe sometimes

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

how were the womens matches on smackdown last night?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
This page is really firing on all cylinders

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

Wasn't Riho getting huge demo numbers for women when she was champion the first time? Now she only shows up with a weird looking pipe sometimes

She was absolutely the strongest draw in the womens division for pre-covid AEW

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
What happened to her anyway?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mooseinfants posted:

What happened to her anyway?

Just too many women for the 1 women's match per show

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Gonz posted:

I insist that Werner Herzog show up at Mania next year and do some color commentary.

https://x.com/BeardedGenius/status/1725095096645714342?s=20

"The fights are interrupted by commercials, meaning they're not that important" lmao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Shine posted:

"The fights are interrupted by commercials, meaning they're not that important" lmao

Excellent distillation of WWE to be honest

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Drakkel posted:

Excellent distillation of WWE to be honest

Yeah, dude loving nailed it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

shiksa posted:

launchpad to mainstream stardom any day now

real talk did they just never take a look at her wrestling before they signed her or what's up

welp

https://x.com/wrestling_vi/status/1725945484513009765?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Remembering this and laughing

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1720902555276923008

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Whoever said "Flash Gordon-rear end outfit" when Jade first popped up in WWE in this clip was spot on

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

:xd:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just allow her to rehearse her matches for six months like they do for Logan Paul

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Davros1 posted:

Just allow her to rehearse her matches for six months like they do for Logan Paul

they're saving that for when she loses to roman at wrestlemania

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Jade should have stayed in AEW where she could wrestle and WBD could vault all her matches and use them as a tax write off. EVERYONE WOULD WIN.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jade's signing may have been the same old game of keepaway that wwe plays anyway and they likely never had any real plans for her - it's obvious they don't currently know what to do with her lol

it also probably doesn't help that she tells everyone that will listen that although being in wwe was a goal of hers the ultimate goal has been wrestling as a stepping stone to hollywood. WWE doesn't like anyone being bigger than their role inside wwe as history shows.

hopefully they figure out a good program to put her in to really get her kickstarted in the company but who knows

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If she wants to go to Hollywood she should probably take acting classes.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

That's why she's at the world class PC learning to find the hard cam, which is a crucial skill for Hollywood actors

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Invalid Validation posted:

AEW doesn't mind when wrestlers do acting jobs (Like Diamante and Peter Avalon), but WWE will probably help with their wrestlers getting roles, even if it's a five second clip, ala "WWE Superstar Liv Morgan". Plus with WWE being owned by a talent agency guy probably appealed to her, if her goal is to end up in films.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly, AEW got everything they could out of Jade.

Celebrity first match, launching a new title, streak angle where she could tune up by wrestling vets and jobbers, losing her title in a way that kept her strong, then losing the rematch in a way that gave huge rub to her successor.

Unlike Cody, she finished the story.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Davros1 posted:

AEW doesn't mind when wrestlers do acting jobs (Like Diamante and Peter Avalon), but WWE will probably help with their wrestlers getting roles, even if it's a five second clip, ala "WWE Superstar Liv Morgan". Plus with WWE being owned by a talent agency guy probably appealed to her, if her goal is to end up in films.

Didn't WWE open up their own film company to deny their employees Sag Aftra benefits?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Okuteru posted:

Didn't WWE open up their own film company to deny their employees Sag Aftra benefits?

obligatory

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1150120053947412480

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is it because he pissed in it?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did he actually say this, or is this just someone tweeting a thing? I find it hard to believe that no one in the company saw her wrestle before signing her, especially when you already have Cody there.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Did he actually say this, or is this just someone tweeting a thing? I find it hard to believe that no one in the company saw her wrestle before signing her, especially when you already have Cody there.

If her wrestling is an issue, I wonder how much of it is her just not gelling with the style WWE wants her to use. Could be a preference clash, could be retraining her from the ground up, who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm sure they watched her matches. I'm sure she said that she's capable of a lot more but that was all they were letting her do. And I'm sure WWE in their absolute arrogance thought they would easily unleash her potential and then once she started doing basic drills they were like oh poo poo.

Lets not forget the fable of Bret Hart and Tom Magee.