Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

elime anning posted:

good news, he is elite.

more good news it’s my forums birthday

Your account is old enough to drink!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

elime anning posted:

good news, he is elite.

Whoa another 02!

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

he could potentially make a significant chunk of the 100k back just with the press from such a stunt. this is why rich guys are always the smartest people in the room

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Portnoy complainant

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

chamois posted:

i got really depressed in college and started getting into football because i could drink insane amounts of alcohol all weekend, and on mondays and thursdays and pretend it was normal and i was just having fun with the boys even after college when i was just doing it by myself watching a laggy illegal stream on my laptop in the dark. i love poo poo like david portnoy and the cincinatti bengals and high noon spiked seltzer.

Are you me posting from the past?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

elime anning posted:

I remember when I came to the realization I have been visiting this gay, dead forum for over half my life...

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Lifespan posted:

I remember when I came to the realization I have been visiting this gay, dead forum for over half my life...

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
thank you all. 21 years on the deadest and gayest of forums. would not rather be anywhere else on the internet

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ignore the dumbass text I just really enjoy watching Lamar do sick jump passes

https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1725682487421006050?s=20

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Lifespan posted:

I am gay but unfortunately alive and when this happened I officially felt Old even though I’m still in my early 30s

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's ok, we all float down here.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I was way too young when I joined and now I’m too old to still keep posting

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ignore the dumbass text I just really enjoy watching Lamar do sick jump passes

https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1725682487421006050?s=20

if patrick mahomes did that, the receiver would be inbounds :smug: :shithead: :smirk: :dickhead:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pontius Pilate posted:

I am gay but unfortunately alive and when this happened I officially felt Old even though I’m still in my early 30s

boy, do i have some myspace skins and buddy icons for you

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just now looking at the506. What a terrible lineup this weekend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Adun posted:

I was way too young when I joined and now I’m too old to still keep posting

gonna shitpost from the grave

which will be really weird because I plan on being cremated

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Borsche69 posted:

if patrick mahomes did that, the receiver would be inbounds :smug: :shithead: :smirk: :dickhead:

and bounce off his facemask

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Silly Burrito posted:

gonna shitpost from the grave

which will be really weird because I plan on being cremated

after i die ive asked for my remains to be spread around lambeau. ive also asked to not be cremated.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

after i die ive asked for my remains to be spread around lambeau. ive also asked to not be cremated.

Aaron Rodgers played all last year like that, so not a bad plan

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m glad the Bengals lost Portnoy a shitload of money :lol:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

We need to find a Buccs fan who is willing to have their body shot out of the cannon.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Put my ashes in the gjallarhorn and blow it so they shoot out all over the place. Maybe some of them will settle on the glass wall and darken it enough that it stops killing so many birds

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/Patrickqueen_/status/1725903444341362704

Why are Bengals defensive starters whining on twitter? Does the whiny of the fanbase extend to the team?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
To be fair, they were attacking Queen in coverage. Everyone does.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

https://twitter.com/Patrickqueen_/status/1725903444341362704

Why are Bengals defensive starters whining on twitter? Does the whiny of the fanbase extend to the team?

the only thing i've seen get brought up that makes me laugh a little is that there was a lot of 'no excuses' getting thrown around last year after huntley had to play them twice.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

To be fair, they were attacking Queen in coverage. Everyone does.

he was fine. i dont think he's played super great last couple of weeks but i feel like ive seen more than a couple people get real down on him. of course people are gonna attack a linebacker in coverage - it doesnt matter how good of a coverage linebacker they are. thats the matchup you want. even at his worst this year, i've seen a lot worse than that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's definitely regressed. First half of the season Queen was looking like a top 5 ILB. Now, he's more just starting caliber. Big part of it is what he's being asked to do. When he plays closer to the line of scrimmage, especially as a Blitzer, Queen is much more effective. On deep drops with no disguise his weakness in coverage and poor tackling show up more.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That play against Mixon where he should have had the tackle for a loss made me mad. Both Smith and Queen haven't been that great the last couple weeks but obviously Queen is the bigger liability. It will be moot this offseason cause he's going elsewhere. Hopefully Trenton Simpson is a more fundamentally sound player.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

I’m gonna be brutally honest - this is the peak when it comes to objective, intelligent sports fandom posting. Trust me, as a 36 year old myself I’ve looked around the internet for many years now and keep coming back here.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It wasn’t like they fell out of love with Desmond Ridder.

https://x.com/jamespalmertv/status/1726213913166115309?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kirios posted:

I’m gonna be brutally honest - this is the peak when it comes to objective, intelligent sports fandom posting. Trust me, as a 36 year old myself I’ve looked around the internet for many years now and keep coming back here.

My favorite thing about TFF is that even the poo poo posters are more than capable of being insightful.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Feeling like more and more each week the Super Bowl winner is gonna be the one whose QB1 is still in one piece. Do we have double-digit backup QBs starting this week?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Bellmaker posted:

Feeling like more and more each week the Super Bowl winner is gonna be the one whose QB1 is still in one piece. Do we have double-digit backup QBs starting this week?

Only six backups starting this week

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

You're not looking at this through the Falcons' lens of genius. Your opponents expect you to play good players. Not playing at all is the highest form of respect that one can achieve in the Arthur Smith system.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hizawk posted:

Only six backups starting this week

Fair enough but also the Pats (backup?), Falcons(who knows what Arthur Smith is doing??), Saints(Carr hurt status unknown), and Colts(backup) are on bye this week

E: and you can already add Browning for next week 😬

v great post thank you

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 19, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

19 teams (Ravens, Bills, Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos, Lions, Packers, Texans, Jaguars, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Saints, Eagles, Steelers, Niners, Seahawks, Buccaneers, and Commanders) are all still starting their Week 1 QB

6 teams (Browns, Raiders, Vikings, Giants, Jets, and Titans) are on a backup this week
2 teams (Bears and Rams) are back to starting their Week 1 QB
Cards' QB1 wasn't able to start Week 1, but is starting now
Falcons are on bye and their Week 1 QB is back from injury and just got announced as going back to starting going forward
Bengals are on bye and have lost their Week 1 QB for the year during their most recent game
Colts are on bye and lost their Week 1 QB for the year a month ago
Patriots are on bye and debating whether to start their Week 1 QB more, or move him to either backup or 3rd-string

13 teams have started multiple QBs this year already:
Cards - 3
Falcons - 2
Panthers - 2
Bears - 2
Bengals - 2 (Burrow's started every game but he's done for the year after the most recent game, so default 2)
Browns - 3
Colts - 2
Raiders - 3
Rams - 2
Vikings - 3
Giants - 3
Jets - 2
Titans - 2

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit* wrong thread

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

You're not looking at this through the Falcons' lens of genius. Your opponents expect you to play good players. Not playing at all is the highest form of respect that one can achieve in the Arthur Smith system.

Maybe Arthur Smith thinks he’s in an RPG and if he leans on his good party members too much the bad party members won’t get experience?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Isentropy posted:

Maybe Arthur Smith thinks he’s in an RPG and if he leans on his good party members too much the bad party members won’t get experience?

Arthur Smith gets Bijan Robinson, refuses to use him because "gently caress using Jagens"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bijan isn't a Jagen though, he's an Oifey