Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

please dont read the replies theres a video of dead kids. thanks X!

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Nov 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:drat:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
yeah think im going to throw up now

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

CheetoVonTito posted:

I know the Houthis were referred to as the “hillbilly mountain men” on this thread lol, but drat their video production is *chefs kiss*

I have no idea what he’s saying, but drat if it doesn’t look badass

https://x.com/aryjeay/status/1725991366155465037?s=46

Compare and contrast with the Al Shifa tunnel complex video. Outsourcing CGI work to the developing world paying off big.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah blinken especially i havent read anything anywhere that suggests anyone beyond low-level staffers

And even those are too cowardly to even sign their names (as far as I know) to be counted as those who are against genocide. The only people taking a clear moral stance on Israel are the leftists protesting in the streets around the world.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
♫ Although it's been said many times, many ways ♪
♪ Netanyahu, is Hitler two-oo ♫

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

And even those are too cowardly to even sign their names (as far as I know) to be counted as those who are against genocide. The only people taking a clear moral stance on Israel are the leftists protesting in the streets around the world.
Yeah its been entirely anonymous

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Centrist Committee posted:

hamas maybe. everyone else just doesn’t want war. abby martin had someone on from lebanon recently who explained how the northern front has climbed the escalation ladder from border skirmishes to farther and farther inland both directions. my take is that, outside of the immediate region anyway, the initial adrenaline surge has worn off. there’s an enormous gravitational attraction toward normalization but I just don’t think it can hold. israels got to stand down but that’s impossible so it’s just gonna keep spreading

Hamas had its own production facilities for its RPGs and rockets, so they may be continually be able to reequip themselves. I would assume considering they planned this operation for years they created giant stock piles of at least basic materials.

Much of it depends on Netanyahu and the fact that normalization is very much in his own interest, and has every reason to keep it going even if it is a terrible thing for Israel overall. Hezbollah is ratcheting up in response to Israel, admittedly, it is part of a plan to both keep pressure on them but not risk a direct confronation with the US.

The US obviously doesn't want to get involved, because this all has already been a disaster.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

-musk t=hread post- soooo bad -management

Somebody has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Nov 19, 2023

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1725976743234683347

Is this meaningless?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what's the peggle cat mean as a response? also I bet all the peggle masters support palestine and hamas

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Voice of Labor posted:

what's the peggle cat mean as a response? also I bet all the peggle masters support palestine and hamas

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2079

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

the us being run a senile 80 year old rapist genocidal loser is an apt description for the state of the empire

all of the people who were calling the USSR a stagnating gerontocracy run entirely by old men 40 years ago are still running everything today

Biden is over a decade older than Yuri Andropov was when he assumed office

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

illegal settlements keep happening and scores of children will continue to be murdered in the west bank, so yes absolutely meaningless

genocide joe continues his campaign of ethnic cleansing

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ardennes posted:

they planned this operation for years

I've seen this repeated ad nauseum but have not seen a source, and I've also seen people say "Almost no-one in Hamas knew it was going to happen"(again without any sourcing).

I really don't think anyone has a clear idea what their stockpiles look like given the incredibly chaotic situation. Hopefully they have plenty but???

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Yes. I'm surprised he didn't say he was going to start a committee to research the feasibility of writing a strongly worded letter about the possibility of warning the settlers about maybe having sanctions imposed on them.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

All we're asking for is the mandatory conversion of all Israeli citizens to Islam. Seems pretty simple and painless. Just surrender to the will of All*h

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
eagerly looking to the scotus case where a u.s. settler gets sanctioned while committing crimes in israel, sues and wins

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

quote:

Today a team representing the United Nations bodies @UN visited us at Al Shifa hospital. We explained that the hospital is out of medical supplies, food, electricity, and water for over a week, and they have to take action to evacuate the patients outside the hospital.

The @UN  team replied that no ambulance is allowed to evacuate patients from the hospitals, as Israel is still doing military operations around the hospital which will remain for days.

Currently, more than 300 patients are at Al Shifa hospital, all of them are  with an amputated limb, in the ICU rooms, or babies in the incubator.

If no action is taken, patients will die.

https://twitter.com/AMokhallalati/status/1726001507340882251?t=tqYHz0WtQruEXc-Bkx65GQ&s=19

crepeface has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Nov 19, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oh you betcha that's a DTI.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

LOL, sanctions on individual settlers, get the gently caress outta here.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Spin! Spin! Spin!

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

yes

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

RadiRoot posted:

please dont read the replies theres a video of dead kids. thanks X!

loving HELL

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Yesterday I announced that, as president, I’ll establish Individual sanctions for US foreign aid provided AR-15 recipients who start a settlement that operates for three years in Palestinian communities.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Desiderata posted:

Yesterday I announced that, as president, I’ll establish Individual sanctions for US foreign aid provided AR-15 recipients who start a settlement that operates for three years in Palestinian communities.

uh.... the settlers get the full auto version because, unlike american citizens, they are responsible and can be trusted with such weapons

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Question: were Blue & White or Blue & Silver traditionally jewish colors before israel used them for its flag? Or are all the "Hanukah decorations" for sale at this time of year vaguely and unthinkingly zionist?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yes

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

jacob from brooklyn might lose access to netflix and amazon so might have some impact

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Speleothing posted:

Question: were Blue & White or Blue & Silver traditionally jewish colors before israel used them for its flag? Or are all the "Hanukah decorations" for sale at this time of year vaguely and unthinkingly zionist?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekhelet

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I've seen this repeated ad nauseum but have not seen a source, and I've also seen people say "Almost no-one in Hamas knew it was going to happen"(again without any sourcing).

I really don't think anyone has a clear idea what their stockpiles look like given the incredibly chaotic situation. Hopefully they have plenty but???

I think it is obvious on its face, this was a complex multi-part operation with complete operational surprise, it wasn’t something slapped together. And… I don’t know how could anyone assert Hamas didn’t know about it.

Also yeah it really sounds like most of the civilian causalities were the result of heavy handed tactics by the Israelis. Either they didn’t care and/or they thought they could just use collateral damage as political leverage.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

ex post facho posted:

eagerly looking to the scotus case where a u.s. settler gets sanctioned while committing crimes in israel, sues and wins

all 9 justices go to jail after hot shot lawyer argues that sanctioning a settler is kind of a boycott of israel ifyou think about it

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

It is just no one can agree what type of color was used historically and the consensus was if anything it was Indigo and got shifted later to only a dark blue after Israel was created.

Basically, it was open to debate until Israel was founded and everyone had to follow along.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I've seen a lot more convincing claims that hamas was absolutely unprepared for the success of the operation and the vast majority of their fighters came back alive from it.

They didn't expect that taking down the electronic surveillance towers would completely blind israel, because nobody would be stupid enough to depend entirely on something so vulnerable. they didn't expect the reaction of iof soldiers would be to run away. they didn't expect it to take 12 hours to find the manager to unlock the armory. they didn't expect anyone to host a loving music festival in the "buffer zone" next to a concentration camp. in many ways, it was a dog catches the car situation for them.

they probably should have been prepared for the iof to immediately carpet bomb their own people though, because the iof has always, as long as I can remember, operated under the guidance that a corpse was better than a live hostage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

Israel's economy will melt down, it's already started, but continuing this conflict will kill thousands more week by week.

Yeah they can't de-mobilise now and I don't know if they've accepted they need to shift to a wartime subsistence economy ASAP.

We'll know when they start handing out ration cards to all citizens like WW2 Britain.

Oh well, I guess the USA will have to hyperinflate some more to pay for all of Israel or something.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Yeah they can't de-mobilise now and I don't know if they've accepted they need to shift to a wartime subsistence economy ASAP.

We'll know when they start handing out ration cards to all citizens like WW2 Britain.

Oh well, I guess the USA will have to hyperinflate some more to pay for all of Israel or something.

instead of switching to a wartime subsistence economy, Israel should go insolvent and Palestine should reposes the stolen land from the illegitimate apartheid Nazi state.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Harik posted:

I've seen a lot more convincing claims that hamas was absolutely unprepared for the success of the operation and the vast majority of their fighters came back alive from it.

They didn't expect that taking down the electronic surveillance towers would completely blind israel, because nobody would be stupid enough to depend entirely on something so vulnerable. they didn't expect the reaction of iof soldiers would be to run away. they didn't expect it to take 12 hours to find the manager to unlock the armory. they didn't expect anyone to host a loving music festival in the "buffer zone" next to a concentration camp. in many ways, it was a dog catches the car situation for them.

they probably should have been prepared for the iof to immediately carpet bomb their own people though, because the iof has always, as long as I can remember, operated under the guidance that a corpse was better than a live hostage.

I don’t know how you prepare for that beyond what they did. The only other solution would be to evacuate the population which is pretty much auto-ethnic cleansing.

Anyway, Hamas had been testing those defense for years and took out the back up previously, they obviously were preparing for a major operation in hindsight but they didn’t expect the Israeli to collapse like a wet sack. Otherwise, Hamas has been fighting how it has wanted and has prepared to fight.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 01:18 on Nov 19, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al! posted:

the us president wrote a letter to the newspaper saying "we're going to dictate the terms, the palestinian authority is going to run gaza and america is going to ban extremism(!!!) in the west bank"

Heavy burger smell

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

CheetoVonTito posted:

I know the Houthis were referred to as the “hillbilly mountain men” on this thread lol, but drat their video production is *chefs kiss*

I have no idea what he’s saying, but drat if it doesn’t look badass

https://x.com/aryjeay/status/1725991366155465037?s=46

Hell yeah it's time for people to support Houthi leadership in the region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

mawarannahr posted:

Heavy burger smell

wash yr hands after burgin